PDA

View Full Version : Manu Ginobili could miss at least two months of the season

JordansBulls
09-30-2008, 04:34 PM
Source: Yahoosports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aq26h3_qFSYeSVoyitLJ.lu8vLYF?slug=ap-spurs-ginobili&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Ginobili, who had surgery on his left ankle in early September, could miss at least two months of the season. Though off crutches and out of a protective boot, he’s still got plenty of rehab.

“It could be a blessing he’s gotten operated on, and (surgeons) went in there and cleaned things out,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. “Had he not hurt it in the Olympics, he probably would have done it 15, 25, 35 games into the season.

Lkrboy08
09-30-2008, 05:20 PM
who cares, there still going to lose to the LAKERS anyways....

Wilson
09-30-2008, 05:29 PM

That's why people don't like us...

Bad news for the Spurs, Tony Parker and Tim Duncan are really going to have to step their game up to keep the offense moving...

Lkrboy08
09-30-2008, 05:49 PM
spurs at full force, we'll still whoop that a $ $...:D

5thgencali
09-30-2008, 05:51 PM

Thats great.......

This will give Roger Mason and Hill some time to get some minutes and Manu will be a little more rested at the end of the season. They'll be fine.

Hawkeye15
09-30-2008, 06:39 PM
May be a blessing in diguise. Manu will get some much deserved rest, the Spurs can at least hold that 5 seed with Phx and Dallas slipping, and be healthy for the playoffs. TD's game exerts like zero energy, I think he is a terminator, and Parker is a kid

Joshtd1
09-30-2008, 07:19 PM
May be a blessing in diguise. Manu will get some much deserved rest, the Spurs can at least hold that 5 seed with Phx and Dallas slipping, and be healthy for the playoffs. TD's game exerts like zero energy, I think he is a terminator, and Parker is a kid

Agreed

daleja424
09-30-2008, 07:28 PM
thats brutal!

Sox Appeal
09-30-2008, 07:29 PM
Terrible news for the Spurs. I'm sure they'll overcome it though. There the NBA's version of the Patriots.

Beno7500
09-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Yes!!!

IndyRealist
09-30-2008, 08:50 PM
This will be great for the Spurs. They really only need him healthy for the playoffs, and every year they've slipped it's been because of injuries and fatigue. He's getting it out of the way early. They do need more bench scoring though, the big 3 account for something like 70% of their points. Such a structured team could pick up say, Bonzi Wells, and make it work.

Lebron23
09-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Parker will be the leading scorer of the Spurs, and he will prove to the rest of the World that he deserve to be included in the 2009 NBA All Star Game.

Tony Parker = One of the Best Slasher in the League right now.

knicks1214
09-30-2008, 08:55 PM
He's not going to make it though...it's going to be Nash, D Will and Paul or Kidd instead of Nash maybe. There are many guards that are still better than Parker in the west. However, his stats will get a huge boost but I can see his fg% going down because he might try to shoot more jump shots...and everyone knows how inconsistent his jumpshot is.

cmellofan15
09-30-2008, 08:56 PM

So they're still going to lose to the Celtics anyways...

Lkrboy08
09-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Yes!!!

lol~~! hey whats up, i like that little clip you got, christie uppercutting fox.....

let me ask you somthing, how bad did R.Horry break your heart in that game??? and you know what game im talking about...:D

Lkrboy08
09-30-2008, 09:01 PM
So they're still going to lose to the Celtics anyways...

haha very funny...we will wait for that day to come...hey are you one of them nugget fans that are bitter that your team got swept so bad? its ok.....what did you expect?? you were probably wishing just to get one game but hey, its the playoffs baby...:D

cmellofan15
09-30-2008, 09:16 PM
haha very funny...we will wait for that day to come...hey are you one of them nugget fans that are bitter that your team got swept so bad? its ok.....what did you expect?? you were probably wishing just to get one game but hey, its the playoffs baby...:D

Were you one of those Laker's fans who were praying the Laker's could at least win as many games as ATLANTA against the Celtics? Or you one of those Lakers fans who hoped and prayed that Gasol could actually guard KG? Or one of those fans who was just stupid enough to believe they could win the Finals? Or maybe one of those who support Kobe raping women in Colorado?

Please get back to me on that and congrats on your 59th post :rolleyes:

Wilson
09-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Were you one of those Laker's fans who were praying the Laker's could at least win as many games as ATLANTA against the Celtics? Or you one of those Lakers fans who hoped and prayed that Gasol could actually guard KG? Or one of those fans who was just stupid enough to believe they could win the Finals? Or maybe one of those who support Kobe raping women in Colorado?
Please get back to me on that and congrats on your 59th post :rolleyes:

Too far...

cmellofan15
09-30-2008, 09:27 PM
Too far...

My Bad

I had to defend my Nuggets

pete_one
09-30-2008, 11:49 PM
pinnochio ginobili needs to start BSing to get his nose longer so they can use some of that nose tissue or whatever its made of to fix his ankle!!!

Vinny642
10-01-2008, 12:00 AM
sux for the spurs, it helps hornets and rockets break away from them

JMan17
10-01-2008, 01:01 AM
Too far...

yea really. even when it's not even proven or true.

and he should not even say that when Melo gets DUI chants :pity:

Bruno
10-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Manu should get as much time off as the Spurs can give him. He is the key to their success, as last years 5 game series against the Lakers showed. The Spurs have enough veterans to do well on the road in the playoffs. The key for them is being healthy when the arrive.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-01-2008, 11:03 PM
thats bad news for the spurs

Lakersfan2483
10-01-2008, 11:32 PM
That's bad news for the Spurs team and their fans. I like Manu's game, it's unfortunate he will be out for awhile.

charlsdq7
10-01-2008, 11:44 PM
This blew me i Think Manu is such a good player...

JayW_1023
10-02-2008, 10:34 AM
The window is definately closing.

Lkrboy08
10-02-2008, 12:11 PM
My Bad

yeah, i guess i'd be upset and i wouldnt have anything to say if my team got spanked out of the playoff's like they shouldve never been there in the first place.......DEN probably wont even make the playoff's this yr.....hmmm, defend the nuggets...whats there to defend?? AI is a cancer, coach cant get a hold of his team, mello's cry baby, and they make awesome trades like camby for a 2nd round pick.........what can you say if this is your team.........yeah...good luck on defending your team, actually good luck trying to make the playoff's.

damn, Lakers finshed 1ST place in the TOUGHEST western conf. in history and your nuggets?? they shouldve just stayed home...im proud the LAKERS were able to make the finals and represent the west and your nuggets???......hmmm yeah........yeah good luck....

keep holding on to that kobe news, thats about the only exciting basketball news you'll have in DEN for awhile, some 3 yr old news that isnt even true, yeah hold on to it cus your nuggets wont bring nothing to talk about anyways...

hey melo for MVP upcoming season right??? AI the next scoring champ???! DEN the next NBA Champs!??!??! LOL~~~~ yeah kiss my laker lovin a $ $~~!

kingkobe
10-02-2008, 03:54 PM
My Bad

Which you clearly didnt. Instead you brought in Celtics which had nothing to do with Lakers beating the shi*t out of the Nuggets.

Just like your team, you Sir, also suck at defending.

Lkrboy08
10-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Which you clearly didnt. Instead you brought in Celtics which had nothing to do with Lakers beating the shi*t out of the Nuggets.

LOL~~:D too funny...:smoking:

_Sn1P3r_
10-02-2008, 04:31 PM

Wow that was a good one.

jphxsuns
10-02-2008, 04:44 PM
ths is really bad news for spurs fans.

i believe manu is really one of the top 2 or 3 scorers in the game. if u watch this guy play, which i know most of u have, ull see..no one can stop him

5thgencali
10-02-2008, 05:32 PM
sux for the spurs, it helps hornets and rockets break away from them

The hornets maybe but the rockets can't stay healthy for the life of them. T-Mac is already saying he is in pain and the season hasn't even started and Yao can barely average 50 games a season.

The Spurs will be fine, it's not like anybody talks about them till the end of the season anyway until they hang another banner.

amare#1
10-02-2008, 06:27 PM
The Spurs offense will take a real hit IMO. Roger Mason will have to step up.

Joshtd1
10-02-2008, 06:32 PM
^^Agreed, I cant wait to see him play though. I was looking at some stats from when he started in Washington and he had some nice stats.

Also there is an article stating Finley has dropped 15 pounds and got into great shape for this upcoming season, after the loss to the Lakers. Im hoping he can contribute this year as well.

theimortalone
10-02-2008, 10:29 PM
“Had he not hurt it in the Olympics, he probably would have done it 15, 25, 35 games into the season."
I agree with Popp on this. They are lucky that he didnt get this injury during the regular season. Having him out the first two months will hurt the team no doubt, this may hurt them winning, Ginobili is a big piece to the puzzle in SA, but its better then him getting injured half way into the season, and then him possibly missing the rest of the season.
So in a way its a good thing he got injured during the olympics.

Rome
10-03-2008, 07:18 AM
Good point, as long as it doesnt affect him after that. Makes our opener alot easier though.