PDA

View Full Version : Baron Extension With W's Was Vetoed?

phlp_bj
09-30-2008, 04:32 PM
Multiple league sources have confirmed to Tim Kawakami that leading up to the Baron Davis opt-out deadline, Davis and Warriors chief Chris Mullin reached a tentative agreement, in which Davis would “opt-in” on his $17.8M for this season, then land a three-year, $39M extension ($13M per).

All money included, that would have paid Davis $56.8M over four seasons, through the 2011-12 season.

But for the offer to become official, it had to be approved by team president Robert Rowell and he reportedly vetoed it.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2008/09/29/for-the-record-baron-davis-and-mullin-had-a-tenative-39m-agreement-until-rowell-vetoed-it/

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-30-2008, 04:51 PM
okay pointless

hockeypro68
09-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Fine by me! :smoking:

cali72888
09-30-2008, 05:22 PM
fine by you haha fine by me,
i dont want an injury prone selfish player running my point for the next 4 seasons, you can have him.

SensandRaps
09-30-2008, 05:55 PM
lol guess the warriors got wat they deserved for being gay with baron davis now monta ellis is injured for 3 months and their starting pg is marcus williams. i guess the clippers got lucky here

_Sn1P3r_
09-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Alright cool.

cali72888
10-01-2008, 01:28 PM
yea we got what we deserved......A chance to assess our depth chart and get all of our players experenece before playoffs....you think the warriors are going to be bad, your in for a big surprise.

o yea good luck with jermaine oneil, im sure he will help your frontcourt with his dependability and duability.

cali72888
10-01-2008, 01:28 PM
durability

SensandRaps
10-01-2008, 01:57 PM
^^ at least the raptors will make the playoffs.we made it last year with nesterovic as our starting center. so the o'neal trade was a gamble if hes healthy were a threat else were as good as last year. Also at least O'neal got injured on a basketball court not on a moped. as for the warriors making the playoffs i can name quite a few teams that are better than them. in no preticular order lakers,jazz,hornets,rockets,spurs,mavericks,suns,t railblazers, and maybe the clippers and the nuggets. So the only way the warriors are gonna surpise ppl and make the playoffs is if kobe,williams,paul,yao,duncan,dirk,stoudimire,roy, baron davis remember him and anthony all get injured with season ending injuries.

POZUNO
10-01-2008, 02:13 PM
^lol...y'all comedy man. But I'm feelin what you had to say SensandRaps. Clippers have a good chance in taking at least the 8th seed. If we can build a good chemistry amongst our players and stay away from injuries, we should be in good shape. Time will tell. One!

GhostoLaneK
10-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Weird time for this report to come out, are the warriors trying to get their fans mad before the season.

goldenstater
10-01-2008, 04:38 PM
why would that make us mad? he has had one healthy season in like the last six( which was a very good one). he just wasnt worth the risk esp. since he would never be in our long term plans when we have a very talented young nucleus. why would you risk that by adding a contrect that could come back to haunt us in the future. i love baron and what he did for us but he was not our future. players like monte( who will be just fine by the way) and anthony Randolph, and AB, and buke are the future and it was time anyways to see what they can do.

kylem4711
10-02-2008, 12:25 AM
fine by you haha fine by me,
i dont want an injury prone selfish player running my point for the next 4 seasons, you can have him.

ha

bitter alert

cali72888
10-04-2008, 05:49 PM
im not bitter i just dont want a selfish player on my team. baron gets waisted the night before games, you can have that, see how many championships it wins you.

As for the raptors, i never said your team was not good, i just said oneil was a waisted pickup because he will get hurt again like always. Monte may have gotten hurt on a moped, but at least he can come back from injury, somthing oneil has proven he cannot do. have fun paying him 20 million to sit on his ***.

so in your logic, if all the superstars get hurt the warriors will make the playoffs by default?? yea you really now your basketball man because only the teams with superstars are the ones to make the playoffs.

o yea dont say how good your team is until it actually does something that will be remebered because after bosh leaves in 2010 your team will be back to the raptors who never have won anything and never will.

SensandRaps
10-04-2008, 06:24 PM
yeah so u thinkt hes gonna leave the raps to play for the warriors and get injured on a moped lol have fun hoping. ps monta hasent proved that he can recover from the injuryseeing as hes still injured. also so wat if oneal gets injured his contract expires in the summer of lebron so i dont give a crap on wat u think but if oneal plays we do good, if he stays injured then thats 20 million to throw at a star in 2010 so have fun losing to the clippers. some of u warriors fans are bitter about davis leaving but i dont see clipper fans crying that u guyz signed maggette so cali72888 grow up.

BoltLakerPadre
10-04-2008, 06:33 PM
This just seems a little late for relevancy. It's over and done with, he's a Clip, so he'll have to be happy with his money, cause he won't be happy with his team. I do wish Elton Brand was still around, that would have been fun to watch.

cali72888
10-04-2008, 09:35 PM
yea boshes contract is over that season too so what go get labron and have nobody with him just like cleaveland.... and you really think labron james, one of the best players in the NBA is going to want to move to Canada, haha thats a joke.
Go do some research and stop watching the sportscenter ticker and you would know that ellis was injured when we drafted him and was expected to be out a long time(thats why all the other teams passed on him) but he is a quick healer and got back on the court faster then anticipated.....
you wish you could say that about ur waist of talent pf

SensandRaps
10-04-2008, 10:16 PM
i never said that lebron would come to canada i said that we had the money when hes a free agent and theirs other good players too. and lets say in ur fantasy world bosh leaves toronto and james came to toronto he would have no talent dude do u know anything. we have bargnani (breakout season this year), calderon (all star), kapono(best 3 point shooter in the league) and better role players. dude ur pissed that baron left u for the clippers lmao and ellis got injured on a MOPED so ur point guard situation is f***ed up so i will do u a favour when the clippers play the warriors i will watch the game to watch davis destroy marcus williams and the warriors. ps toronto is one of the major cities of the world theirs a better chance that james would sign here then in cali for the golden state warriors. argue all u want at least the raptors are making the playoffs unlike the warriors and if o'neal is healthy we become a threat in the east. while the warriors with ellis injured better hope they dont go 0-18 without him cuz the west is filled with great pgs and marcus williams wouldnt be a backup on some of the true contenders in the west

SensandRaps
10-04-2008, 10:22 PM
also if james can play in cleveland he will gladly play in toronto or any other big city with a decent team. so in both cases the warriors dont qualify

cali72888
10-06-2008, 01:28 AM
ha you want to no why you dont have a championship, because nobody wants to go to canada.....

california by itself could be a country so get your facts straight. go see where most of the athletes in any sport come from you will see most are from california.

When the raptors are a champion you can talk, but until then your just an expansion team that hasent done anything for the nba. go back to canada and get your free health care, your economy is so ****ed up thats all you have going for you.

Beno7500
10-06-2008, 01:38 AM
ha you want to no why you dont have a championship, because nobody wants to go to canada.....

california by itself could be a country so get your facts straight. go see where most of the athletes in any sport come from you will see most are from california.

When the raptors are a champion you can talk, but until then your just an expansion team that hasent done anything for the nba. go back to canada and get your free health care, your economy is so ****ed up thats all you have going for you.

:clap::clap::clap:

LAKERS 24/7
10-06-2008, 02:52 AM

dude you understand that your talking **** about a country right? do you know how ridiculous that sounds?

cali72888
10-06-2008, 01:17 PM
dude i speak facts, what was talking ****, its true.

illastrate
10-06-2008, 02:51 PM
i dont see clipper fans crying that u guyz signed maggette so cali72888 grow up.

Oh, we're crying about Maggette...crying tears of joy! We offered him a 3yr/24M extension (pretty reasonable for a guy with a low bball IQ such as him) and he turned it down. So good luck to the new 50M man in GS. Let's see him earn that.

SensandRaps
10-06-2008, 04:19 PM

dude america has 29 teams canada only has 1 so im pretty sure that an american team has a better chance of winning. then again u talk **** about the raptors no winning anything wat have the warriors done? as for the california thing if most athletes come from california y dont they want to play in california i know its cuz of fans like u!! also dude chill i was insulting the warriors not the whole country so get a life relax and stop being a *****.

cali72888
10-06-2008, 04:21 PM
good luck with your 70 million man in LA, at least our 50M man can stay healthy. We wont be handing him 50 million to sit on the bench like baron.
O yea and you guys will still suck.

SensandRaps
10-06-2008, 04:25 PM
good luck with your 70 million man in LA, at least our 50M man can stay healthy. We wont be handing him 50 million to sit on the bench like baron.

at least LA's point guard isnt injured and they have their starting 5 in place with decent backups

kylem4711
10-06-2008, 07:58 PM

this shows that you are ignorant.

corey maggette is the most injury prone player there is. have you ever seen him play? he is injury prone and his playing style only increased the likelihood that he will get hurt.

S.J.Basketball
10-06-2008, 08:12 PM
This thread got hostile quick. Anyways, this stuff is old news. Goodbye Baron we will be moving on without you regardless of wtf happened when you left. I don't see the Clips doing anything, but whatever everyone has an opinion.

Hawkeye15
10-06-2008, 08:15 PM
I think GS may suffer in the short haul, but they will have huge cap space in the next couple of years, and lets be honest. Baron Davis is not the answer. He is overweight, has an injury history, and will decline in the next few years. GS is an attractive area, and could spend wisely in two years.

S.J.Basketball
10-06-2008, 08:23 PM
I think GS may suffer in the short haul, but they will have huge cap space in the next couple of years, and lets be honest. Baron Davis is not the answer. He is overweight, has an injury history, and will decline in the next few years. GS is an attractive area, and could spend wisely in two years.

Well said. :clap:

GCOOKIE7
10-06-2008, 08:27 PM
^^^ Buddy up here is living in the Rick Barry days..... making fun of Toronto cuz we have no championships HAHAHAHHA. Toronto has a way better future than Golden State so lets keep it at that.
I'd take a Bosh for Lebron swap anyday. Or I'm down to sign any of the thousand good free agents in the summer of lebron.

Lakersfan2483
10-06-2008, 08:32 PM
The Warriors should have done all they could to keep Baron Davis.

FortyDubs
10-06-2008, 08:32 PM

I agree with this post. I however, will miss Baron, he did a lot for the team and I'm sad to see him go. I am, however, excited to see how our new crew performs at a time like this. Hopefully we can do some big things in the near future. :cool:

Did you just make fun of Canada's economy? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

GCOOKIE7
10-06-2008, 08:35 PM
i swear the American economy is going through a much harsher crisis than ours is but w/e this guy doesn't represent America very well.

S.J.Basketball
10-06-2008, 08:36 PM
i swear the American economy is going through a much harsher crisis than ours is but w/e this guy doesn't represent America very well.

I didn't realize anyone was repping their country in this forum. :confused::confused:

GCOOKIE7
10-06-2008, 08:39 PM
look up

S.J.Basketball
10-06-2008, 08:44 PM
look up

I see my ceiling.

GCOOKIE7
10-06-2008, 08:51 PM
makes sense

cali72888
10-07-2008, 11:23 AM
wasent ripping ur country just stating facts that no superstar player would sign in canada over a american team.