PDA

View Full Version : Championship Trade?

The Magic Man
09-30-2008, 08:50 AM
The cavs trade wally and a 1st rd pick to the nets for vince carter.
We would have two playmakers with lebron and vince and probally the best line-up in the east.

pg: mo williams
sg: vince carter
sf: king james
pf: ben wallace
c: Big Z

If we win the championship it would persuade lebron to resign with the cavs because management got peices around him to make him happy.

We would easily be a top 3 team in the east with this line-up and not to mention our bench.

pg:Delonte West
sg:Boobie Gibson
sf:who cares The king
pf:the rookie from NC STATE
c:A. Varej

edla423
09-30-2008, 10:08 AM
First of all, the nets would never take that trade..we would have to trade wally, a 1st round pick, and varejao. Second of all, lebron and vince dont mix....at all. It wont work. The solution to the cavs problem is MICHAEL REDD.

mockj12
09-30-2008, 01:31 PM
The solution to the cavs is a big man. Just imagine this. If we got Howard from the Magic.... There would be championship banners lined up for like the next 10 years. You wouldn't have to put anyone on the court besides them two. But this won't happen haha. It's just fun to think about.

CLEistheCITY
09-30-2008, 01:47 PM
MockJ- keep dreaming.

The only way the Cavs get Howard is by trading Lebron, and probably not even then, because they wouldn't have him long term. Otherwise it just doesn't happen. He's their franchise. Your comment is as meaningless as saying "If the Cavs got Kobe, Chris Paul, Chris Bosh, and the rest of the Olympic team, they would win a bunch of championships." True, but keep dreaming.

23LBJCleBrowns
09-30-2008, 01:57 PM
I would if I were the Nets. 13 Million expiring and a first rounder. then they can make cap space for when they think they are going to get LeBron.

JordansBulls
09-30-2008, 01:58 PM
The cavs trade wally and a 1st rd pick to the nets for vince carter.
We would have two playmakers with lebron and vince and probally the best line-up in the east.

pg: mo williams
sg: vince carter
sf: king james
pf: ben wallace
c: Big Z

If we win the championship it would persuade lebron to resign with the cavs because management got peices around him to make him happy.

We would easily be a top 3 team in the east with this line-up and not to mention our bench.

pg:Delonte West
sg:Boobie Gibson
sf:who cares The king
pf:the rookie from NC STATE
c:A. Varej

The Bulls could offer Hinrich and Hughes or Gordon and Hughes for Carter.

The Magic Man
09-30-2008, 02:31 PM
The nets wanted wally earlier this summer but things didnt work but now that we add a
1st round pick it would sweeten the deal even more.
The nets are in a rebuilding stage they want to trade carter because they want youth and you said lebron and carter dont mix they would mix if they were on the seem team because they both would see double teams so when lebron is doubled that would leave carter with 1 on 1 and he will dominate.

edla423

futureman
09-30-2008, 03:48 PM
First of all, the nets would never take that trade..we would have to trade wally, a 1st round pick, and varejao. Second of all, lebron and vince dont mix....at all. It wont work. The solution to the cavs problem is MICHAEL REDD.

You guys don't want him he is nothing but a stat stuffer

Cavs_Fan24
09-30-2008, 04:10 PM
i think if we got Carter LBJ would stay because we'd have our core staying for the next while cuz Carter has i think 4 years, Mo is 5, and Hickson will be developed a lot more then so we could have a solid lineup.

Im also starting to think that Carter and LeBron would work cuz Carter is older now, he knows he's running out of time to win and he'll take a back seat and be the second option. I personally think that Carter will be wearing a Cavs uniform come February IMO

23LBJCleBrowns
09-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Edla were not getting michael redd, if we got carter i peronally think we would win it all.

IversonIsKrazy
09-30-2008, 08:10 PM
even if vince and lebron wurr best of friends, nets would never ever try 2 make cavs better, its just another reason 4 lebron 2 stay in ohio. They want him to go to nets, NETS would never do that.

Cavs_Fan24
09-30-2008, 08:36 PM
tehy might, because if the trade doesnt work out then they'd have more money to try and lure LeBron to Brooklyn. They should consider it, i mean, they considered wally for vince, if we make them a better offer maybe with andy and a draft pick, we could land carter in cleveland

Sbank
09-30-2008, 09:11 PM
I doubt we are getting carter. One Nets turned down Wally for Carter straight up. Two adding a 1st round pick would be stupid imo with Carter. Three if the Nets did trade Carter then they would be sending a red flag for trying to sign LeBron when he hits free agent.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Lol, but the funny thing is that LeBron isn't Leaving Cleveland in 2010.

EdTheRevelator
10-01-2008, 07:27 PM
We don't need Vince Carter, and we certainly don't WANT Vince Carter. We have the point guard we've been lacking, now all we need is another big man to take the load off Z and Big Ben.

Hermie13
10-09-2008, 03:09 PM
I agree....this team could use another star but we need a #4. Wallace is nice on D...but old and can't play a lot. Hickson better step up soon or we'll be playing small (with James at the 4) a lot this year.....which I'm not a big fan of.

I'm cool with just hanging onto Wally all year and possibly making a run at Boozer (I know most hate him but he'd be a nice big man) next summer if he opts out, which seems likely.

IndiansFan337
10-10-2008, 11:12 AM
I agree....this team could use another star but we need a #4. Wallace is nice on D...but old and can't play a lot. Hickson better step up soon or we'll be playing small (with James at the 4) a lot this year.....which I'm not a big fan of.

I'm cool with just hanging onto Wally all year and possibly making a run at Boozer (I know most hate him but he'd be a nice big man) next summer if he opts out, which seems likely.

We won't have cap space in order to do that. And he's not going to sign for the MLE to play in Cleveland. Remember, we tried that before. :cry:

Hermie13
10-10-2008, 01:19 PM
We don't have the cap space now but with Wally coming off the books and 1 other smart move we would have the space for Boozer next year.

Sbank
10-10-2008, 01:32 PM
We don't have the cap space now but with Wally coming off the books and 1 other smart move we would have the space for Boozer next year.

Broozer burned down too many bridges that he not coming back even if we wanted him back.

BoltLakerPadre
10-10-2008, 02:36 PM
The Cav's don't have any pieces that can be traded to make a championship team. The best chance would be to wait for Lebron to resign (assuming he does), and hope that other players agree to come play for less, just to play with Lebron, and make a championship team that way.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-10-2008, 03:14 PM
Dude, your just mad becasue the Lakers don't have anything to trade.

Have you seen the Cavs? Szczerbiak (13 Mil Expiring), Anderson (4.5 Mil Expiring), Sasha Pavlovic (Young Stud), and all of our draft picks.

Sbank
10-10-2008, 03:49 PM
The Cav's don't have any pieces that can be traded to make a championship team. The best chance would be to wait for Lebron to resign (assuming he does), and hope that other players agree to come play for less, just to play with Lebron, and make a championship team that way.

The Cavaliers do when it comes down to the deadline. We have Wally Contract that around 13 million comes off the books this year.

EdTheRevelator
10-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Broozer burned down too many bridges that he not coming back even if we wanted him back.

Wholeheartedly agree. Although I know he'd make the team 100x better, I'm not even sure I'd want him back.

Dude, your just mad becasue the Lakers don't have anything to trade.

Have you seen the Cavs? Szczerbiak (13 Mil Expiring), Anderson (4.5 Mil Expiring), Sasha Pavlovic (Young Stud), and all of our draft picks.

Agree that the Cavs have some trade chips. Disagree that Pavlovic is one of them. He's had one decent season. If he proves he can play again, then maybe, but he's not a "young stud."

Sbank
10-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Wholeheartedly agree. Although I know he'd make the team 100x better, I'm not even sure I'd want him back.

Agree that the Cavs have some trade chips. Disagree that Pavlovic is one of them. He's had one decent season. If he proves he can play again, then maybe, but he's not a "young stud."

Boozer would make our team 100 times better but we probable not going to see him back ever.
Pavlovic needs to do what he did before the contract hold out last year. If he can we might be able to trade him.

eso
10-13-2008, 10:56 PM
I beleive a real sollution for you guys could be Wally and some fillers for Lamar Odom..
Would help out LA giving them a shooter at SF in Wally and i think that LO at the 4 next to James would be down right scary... thoughts??
i am a LA fan and would do this in a heart beat.
and for both teams if it doesnt work out contracts are both up this year..

Cavs_Fan24
10-14-2008, 03:26 PM
i dont think Odom would fit in well with the team, and i dont think we'd want him because his contract would expire anyways and that would defeat the purpose of trading Wally.

bigalow80
10-14-2008, 04:34 PM
the cavs would have to do wally, AV, and a pick i think for the money to even work out. but i would make that trade in a second. LO is everything and can do everything. this is a win win trade for both teams in my opinion. LA gets younger and gets rid of LO whom seems to be losing trust in LA plus LA gets a young big man, shooter, and it all comes off the books just like LO's contract. CLeveland gets a guy who can play center, small forward, sometimes guard and he can handle the ball. his defense may not be the best but you throw him in there with wallace and/or Z and that's still a very good defensive team.

bigalow80
10-14-2008, 04:38 PM
actually a straight up trade works.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=617~831&teams=5~13&te=&cash=

Sbank
10-14-2008, 05:13 PM
We are not going to trade Wally for Odom straight up. I rather see us trade him for a player locked up 2 to 2 year deal then for an expiring contract this year.

EdTheRevelator
10-14-2008, 05:33 PM
actually a straight up trade works.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=617~831&teams=5~13&te=&cash=

Why on Earth would the Lakers do that though?:confused:

warhawk0610
10-16-2008, 11:03 AM
yea i dont think so. Michael Redd is a buck and will always be a Buck. Deal with it and move on. Plus James will not be a Cav much longer. The countdown til the "king" leaves is on

23LBJCleBrowns
10-16-2008, 08:58 PM
Your such a tool. Don't talk on this forum. LeBron is leaving the countdown begins. No it doesn't because he said like a week ago he wasn't leaving.

EdTheRevelator
10-16-2008, 09:52 PM
yea i dont think so. Michael Redd is a buck and will always be a Buck. Deal with it and move on. Plus James will not be a Cav much longer. The countdown til the "king" leaves is on

Way to blow your first post.:rolleyes:

Your such a tool. Don't talk on this forum. LeBron is leaving the countdown begins. No it doesn't because he said like a week ago he wasn't leaving.

Chill. Don't take the bait. If James leaves, he leaves. Let's worry about THIS season and trying to win a championship NOW while we have him for sure.

RustShack
10-16-2008, 10:05 PM
I laugh when people say LBJ is bolting for a contender. The Cavs are contenders and they have been busting thier ***** bringing in players to make the team better. James isn't going anywhere.