PDA

View Full Version : Marc Gasol - Would he start for your team?

Faneik
09-30-2008, 01:29 AM
If it is not obvious, please say which team you support.

DreamShaker
09-30-2008, 01:30 AM
Yes....he would take Yao's starting job....

Faneik
09-30-2008, 01:31 AM
Yes....he would take Yao's starting job....

very funny...

got more?

pete_one
Yes, replace Bynum with Marc Gasol. Double La Gasolina VamoNOS!!!

Faneik
Maybe --> I wouldn't mind him spliting minutes with Perkins-

SAVAGE CLAW
09-30-2008, 01:32 AM
Knicks, ......Maybe.

If Curry is at his best, then no.

If Curry is in his Whooper deluxe with Bacon usual self, then Yes.

DreamShaker
09-30-2008, 01:39 AM
very funny...

got more?

No:(

Gasol to me would be a great power forward for a guy like D-Howard or a fit for a team like the Jazz....he's tough, rugged, physical, and can play post defense to free up shot blockers to guard the rim....great big men have always done well with tough guys around them to do the dirty work....Duncan has Oberto, Hakeem had guys like OT, Shaq had guys like Haslem and Madsen, Ewing had Oakley....you get the point....

GiantYankKnicks
09-30-2008, 01:41 AM
Knicks Yes

ARMIN12NBA
09-30-2008, 01:43 AM
No. Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol are the primary sources for the center position for the Lakers.

Faneik
09-30-2008, 01:51 AM
Yes, replace Bynum with Marc Gasol. Double La Gasolina VamoNOS!!!

EH EH EH!:clap:

Hellcrooner
09-30-2008, 02:51 AM
No, i woudl start him over bynum, i know its sound herectic but i think Marc ios NOW a more developed player, but crazy fans woudl go nuts if i did taht.

Too much hype on Bynum to consider otherwise.

boeknows
09-30-2008, 03:56 AM
I know he wouldnt start on the Wolves. I was actually trying to think of a team that he could start on and i couldn't think of hardly any. Maybe the Nets and the Grizzles. But i dont see him being anything special though either. He hasnt shown me anything so far.

BRADfromOZ
09-30-2008, 05:27 AM
He won't be starting on my team. Ming and Scolaaa are so cememted into our roster.

JayW_1023
09-30-2008, 05:40 AM
I would still take Fab-O over Marc...Marc will be foul prone at first with his physical style basketball.

I think Marc isn't as talented as Pau Gasol...but he doesn't play soft and is a high energy hustle guy that any team needs.

I just like how Fab-O gells with TD...not that Gasol could do the same.

Tom81
09-30-2008, 05:46 AM
No

rico
09-30-2008, 07:06 AM
my tema is the bulls. so yeah he prolly would. hes got the defense/toughness/and offense.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-30-2008, 07:07 AM
but we got yao

TMAC94
09-30-2008, 10:26 AM
nup we got mr yao ming and he wouldnt even start pf coz of scola

Hellcrooner
09-30-2008, 10:27 AM
Breaking it down team by team. And not taking in consideration only centers because some starting centers can play Pf and some PF can play SF so if the starting SF or Pf is worst than Marc he WOULD start.

Knicks: No As today Curry is better.

Nets: Yes , Lopez is still a young fella with no Pro experience, Marc is a world cahmpion and olympci silve and Mvp of second toughtest league in teh world.

Celtics: Maybe, Depending on the Matchup of the day If the oposing Center is very good at Offense then better use Perkins if the opposing center has bad D then Use Mark to kill them inside.

Sixers: No, Dalembert is more athletic and has fair Abilities.

Raptors: No Unless JO hasnt really recovered from Injury.

Magic: Yes, Howard used to be a PF Lewis is not that COmfortable at the four Turk can play the two, so just move them all one space down and sit Pietrus who is not better than Marc.

Heat:Yes Of course, come on Marc blount!!!!

Hawks: Maybe, Can Horford Play correctly PF? because Marvin williams Sucks so SMith at the Three, Horford at the FOur and MArc At the 5 sounds good to me, but is not a lock.

Wizzards: Yes, they could have REALLY used him to go one level up, he is much better than Haywood or Etan Thomas.

Bobcats: Yes sir, May Sucks, Okafor can Play Pf, Felton,Rich,Wallace,Okafor,Marc....Sounds like Playoffs.

Pistons: Yes, Dice is too Old, Sheed is not that comfortable at center, He is much more skilled than Maxiell (who is undersized for the 4 spot any way).

Bulls: Yes, He is not worst defensively than Noah and is much Better in the offensive end.

Cavs: No, he still is not as good on D as Big Ben and not as good in offense as Zydrunas.

Pacers: Yes he is better than Foster.

Bucks: No.

Lakers: No, not with the Bynum fan Hype there woudl be riots if phil benched and they woudl blame Pau for "lobbying",Basketball wise he COULD because he is more developed than remeber 20 year old Bynum.

CLippers: No, Kaman is Better.

Suns: No , Not right on but could start later in the year or next year if shaq goes on his downfall.

Kings: Yes, Brad Miller has slowed down.

Warriors: Yes Biedrins would be more than Happy to play the 4.

Mavericks:Yes Would be God sent because Diop and Dampier have 0 offensive abilities.

Spurs: Yes, He has kicked Obertos butt every time they have met in Spanish league or Spain vs Argentina games.

Rockets: No, The most clear No in teh league.

Memphis: Yes it will eb insulting if he is not doing it by mid December.

Honets: Maybe, It would deppend on West Being Able to play the Three, becaus echandler can play the 4.

Blazers. No, Oden is a Freak, and even if he is a bust Aldrige is better and Frye too.

Thunder: Yes ,Right Away.

NUggets: Yes Put nene at the 4.

Jazz: Yes and they woudl love it, Eaton , ostertag and then Marc for the token whit big defensive hustle guy in the middle.

Wolves: Yes he is better than Kevin Love and Jeffersson used to be a 4 .

So that makes for me 17 yes, 3 maybes and 10 nos.

Not that bad.

Vidball
09-30-2008, 10:31 AM
^^Foolish...Marc Gasol couldn't produce the double-double or the interior D that Bynum produces.

LAcowBOMBER
09-30-2008, 10:42 AM
No:(

Gasol to me would be a great power forward for a guy like D-Howard or a fit for a team like the Jazz....he's tough, rugged, physical, and can play post defense to free up shot blockers to guard the rim....great big men have always done well with tough guys around them to do the dirty work....Duncan has Oberto, Hakeem had guys like OT, Shaq had guys like Haslem and Madsen, Ewing had Oakley....you get the point....

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Shaq had Madsen to do his dirty work?! Shaq did all of his own dirty work.

Vidball
09-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Hey, don't diss Mad Dog...he's a friend :)

Hawkeye15
09-30-2008, 01:13 PM
Not over Love and Jefferson

Kianwe
09-30-2008, 01:17 PM
hmmmm, over Bosh and JO?

MiamiHeat
09-30-2008, 01:20 PM
The Heat and Yes he will start

Hawkeye15
09-30-2008, 01:22 PM
The Heat and Yes he will start

God, if the Heat could just find a capable center, I will start buying into the playoff talk. Wade can handle the ball enough to mask pg, especially since Chalmers is a good on the ball defender, but that center position scares me. And its not like they have a big PF to cover it up

Scheck
09-30-2008, 01:23 PM
Yes, I think he would start if he was on the Wizards roster

GrkGawdofWalkz
09-30-2008, 02:04 PM
As a Spurs fan he'd be a perfect post up tough around the rim PF/C to compliment Duncan for the next few years to come. I would love him on the Spurs, he has the pedigree and the experience in International ball to make him a quality talent to build into any franchise with an established big guy. Personally if there was a way to get him and Fernandez from the Trailblazers for our team.

Wake's Fastball
09-30-2008, 02:09 PM
Celtics he wouldn't. He's Perkins without the defense.

Chicagofaithful
09-30-2008, 02:09 PM
yes... the bulls :(

BALLER71
09-30-2008, 02:11 PM
Yes because my team's starting center is a 6'8 PF.

KH12
09-30-2008, 02:19 PM
It depends, if the Bulls roll out Tyrus Thomas at PF and Gooden at C; I say no.

If it's Gooden/Noah...then yes.

jgonboricua
09-30-2008, 02:20 PM
i am a bulls fan, since really our only options at center are noah/gray and maybe gooden he has a solid chance to start. he would have to outplay noah and gooden though and in his first season he might have a hard time doing that. i could see him taking over midway through the season thoughand beating out noah. unless the bulls decide to go with gooden at center since he is ina contract year he could put up some decent numbers this season

jgonboricua
09-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Yes because my team's starting center is a 6'8 PF.

lol, although haslem is the better player you guys should start blount at center simply because you guys do not want to play 3 tweeners in your starting lineup...especially if you play a team where the sf is 6-9 and taller then your center....you guys really need some size....

POZUNO
09-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Start for the Clips, No. 6th man, maybe. Dude will get plenty of opportunities specially if our bigs get injured.

black1605
09-30-2008, 03:02 PM
bobcats, yes

jgonboricua
09-30-2008, 03:08 PM
bobcats, yes

you guys would be better off with an offensive guy next to okafor i think...somone like the big guy you guys past up on in the draft...

23LBJCleBrowns
09-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Maybe, I'm not sure.

Cavs_Fan24
09-30-2008, 03:39 PM
it really depends on who he would start in front of IMO

_Sn1P3r_
09-30-2008, 04:57 PM
Nope. Raptors are good at the PF-C slots.

cmellofan15
09-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Maybe...Over Steven Hunter at C so K-Mart or Nene can come in off of the bench...