PDA

View Full Version : best starting five in the league?

kobe24>jordan23
09-29-2008, 11:07 PM
lakers:

bynum

gasol

odom

kobe

fisher

celtics:

perkins

kg

pierce

allen

rondo

hornets:

chandler

west

strojacovic

peterson

cp3

rockets:

yao

scola

artest

mcgrady

alston

suns:

shaq

amare

hill

bell

nash

spurs:

oberto

duncan

bowen

ginobli

parker

sixers:

dalembert

brand

evans

iguodala

miller

pistons:

mcdyess

wallace

prince

hamilton

billups

blazers:

oden

aldridge

outlaw

roy

bayless or fernandez

jazz:

okur

boozer

kirelinko

brewer

williams

raptors:

o'neal

bosh

bargnani

moon

calderon

kobe24>jordan23
09-29-2008, 11:12 PM
i chose the lakers because I'm a lakers fan lol! even if i wasn't a laker fan i would still choose the lakers then the rockets!!!

LayZbone
09-29-2008, 11:12 PM
Lakers will have a good one, now that Bynum's back. Houston is pretty stacked right now too.

23LBJCleBrowns
09-29-2008, 11:17 PM
The Jazz look at that line-up; Okur, Boozer, D-WILL, Brewer, and AK-47 that's an AMAZING line-up.

SAVAGE CLAW
09-29-2008, 11:18 PM
The Knikcs.

Marbury,Crawford,Richardons,Randolph,Curry.

Go checl that players ratings in old 2k and Nba Live games.

It should be DA BOMB.....

theimortalone
09-29-2008, 11:27 PM
I am going with Phoenix. They maybe full of old players, but players with experience. Which is exactly what a team needs. Shaq, Nash, and Hill can still produce great numbers. They are a scary starting 5 team.

still1ballin
09-29-2008, 11:31 PM
lakers

mikedesi1004
09-29-2008, 11:32 PM
my top 3 when everyone is healthy

1.rockets
2.celtics
3.lakers

Beno7500
09-29-2008, 11:32 PM
Houston

JordansBulls
09-29-2008, 11:34 PM
Celtics now that Rondo and Perkins can play on the big stage.

hdxstunts1
09-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Why is toronto on the list? They have one all-star, 1 always injured all-star calliber player, and 3 havent proven themselves yet guys! Not one of the best starting fives in the league. Bulls are just as good if not better. With Rose, Gordon, Deng, THomas, Gooden.

I chose Suns they got a dynamite lin-up that i've thought should've won the championship 6 out of last 8 yers. Idk whats happened to them!

Gro_Da_Fro_Back
09-29-2008, 11:44 PM
I am going with Phoenix. They maybe full of old players, but players with experience. Which is exactly what a team needs. Shaq, Nash, and Hill can still produce great numbers. They are a scary starting 5 team.

Yes yes yes, of course because they did alot last season, and i loved the part where they got wayyyyy deep in the playoffs. theyre garbage

Faneik
09-30-2008, 12:29 AM
probably east all stars:

billups
wade
james
garnett
howard

barreleffact
09-30-2008, 12:38 AM
probably east all stars:

billups
wade
james
garnett
howard

has billups ever started? why would he now? if anything its wade and vince again...or wade and arenas, or actually a few people, but 1 billups isnt a fan favorite and 2 he doesnt put up huge numbers. their team distributes everything pretty evenly

Faneik
09-30-2008, 12:46 AM
has billups ever started? why would he now? if anything its wade and vince again...or wade and arenas, or actually a few people, but 1 billups isnt a fan favorite and 2 he doesnt put up huge numbers. their team distributes everything pretty evenly

You're right...

I wasn't going for popularity, I was going for (imo) best players.

Vinny642
09-30-2008, 12:47 AM
Celtics, cause they won it all!!

da wood
09-30-2008, 12:54 AM
i would have to say the lakers

Vinny642
09-30-2008, 12:56 AM
i would have to say the lakers

Surprising....

theimortalone
09-30-2008, 12:57 AM
Yes yes yes, of course because they did alot last season, and i loved the part where they got wayyyyy deep in the playoffs. theyre garbage

haha alright man whatever the hell you say. I love when everyone talks **** on Phoenix like they are the ****ing Grizzlies or something! Are you that dilusional? Honestly is Phoenix all the sudden the new Grizzlies this year or what? Do you not realize that we added depth??? Do you not realize that we were only 2 games seperated from winning the West? Gotta love these ignorant morons. Everyone please just keep on hating on Phoenix I love seeing it.

pete_one
09-30-2008, 01:09 AM
Los Angeles Lakers

Faneik
09-30-2008, 01:11 AM
Lost Angeles Lakers

POZUNO
09-30-2008, 01:22 AM
I'mma go with New Orleans on this one.

DreamShaker
09-30-2008, 01:33 AM
Pistons....they have no real weakness....

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-30-2008, 01:48 AM

too bad they aren't good enough to get passed the WCF

Lakers.

LAKERS 24/7
09-30-2008, 02:15 AM
I'mma go with New Orleans on this one.

Who is that little boy in your sig of the clips? :laugh:

DreamShaker
09-30-2008, 02:18 AM
Who is that little boy in your sig of the clips? :laugh:

Lol that Eric Gordon;)

Lakersfan2483
09-30-2008, 02:28 AM
Top lineups:

Lakers
Celtics
Rockets

soriano2008WS
09-30-2008, 02:42 AM
I actually hate the Lakers but they prob do have the best starting 5 i would say but honestly is there any point to this poll what so ever or any poll for that matter. If u take out the Lakers then the next biggest fan base on here will win.

I'm actually a Raps fan but I'd say it is the Lakers, Boston had a superior bench in the finals so that didnt prove they had a better starting 5.

I guess I'll just give the Jazz a vote since I really like theirs as well and they could use the vote. Lakers will win this one with or without my vote

bigmac8675
09-30-2008, 02:43 AM
Hornets.... Paul, West, Peterson, and Stojakovic are all absolute studs who can go off at any time.

Hellcrooner
09-30-2008, 02:48 AM
Spus togheter for ages and know how to work with each other,

Tom81
09-30-2008, 05:48 AM
suns if you put barnes in place of hill

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-30-2008, 07:09 AM
Houston Rockets :
Alston
Mcgrady
Artest
Slcoa
yao :]

JJ81
09-30-2008, 07:46 AM
Lakers

GCOOKIE7
09-30-2008, 07:56 AM
you could have at least given the Raptors a proper starting line-up
I doubt Moon will be at the 2
And Bargnani at the 3 isn't certain

kobe24>jordan23
10-01-2008, 12:27 AM
^^sorry i thought they were starters last season though

NFLNBA
10-01-2008, 12:45 AM
As much as i hate to say it the Lakers, i believe they beat the celtics last year with a healthy Bynum. Celtics bullied Gasol around and out rebounded them Bynum looks even bigger and adds that bully they needed. Scary line-up

Bynum 7-0
Gaslol 7-1
Odom 6-10
Kobe - MVP
Fisher - Dependable

Gay *** Lakers always gets the talant when my Kings actaully have to go through the draft and rebuild grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................................. .........................................

Fireworld
10-01-2008, 12:55 AM
lakers, but i'm sure everyones gonna choose their team. Houston 2nd, Boston 3rd Suns 4th.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-01-2008, 12:59 AM
Globetrotters

DenButsu
10-01-2008, 02:01 AM
AI-JR-Melo-K-Mart-Nene

Not even worthy of inclusion in the poll? :eyebrow:

Icebox922
10-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Why is toronto on the list? They have one all-star, 1 always injured all-star calliber player, and 3 havent proven themselves yet guys! Not one of the best starting fives in the league. Bulls are just as good if not better. With Rose, Gordon, Deng, THomas, Gooden.

I chose Suns they got a dynamite lin-up that i've thought should've won the championship 6 out of last 8 yers. Idk whats happened to them!

The raptors deserves to be in this list.

I think that Calderon proved himself last year and I do think that Jamario Moon had a decent year as well. Being a defensive stopper and not much of a scoring option. I have to agree that Bargs didnt follow through the year he had two years ago but Im pretty sure he'll bounce back now that he doesnt have to play at the center position.

This line up is more like a defensive line up which I think is pretty good and can compete with other teams.

Nexus
10-01-2008, 12:10 PM
The raptors deserves to be in this list.

I think that Calderon proved himself last year and I do think that Jamario Moon had a decent year as well. Being a defensive stopper and not much of a scoring option. I have to agree that Bargs didnt follow through the year he had two years ago but Im pretty sure he'll bounce back now that he doesnt have to play at the center position.

This line up is more like a defensive line up which I think is pretty good and can compete with other teams.

Bargs will barely be getting bench minutes if and when JO is healthy. You're forgetting Parker...my choice for most underrated Raptor and arguably our best defender. He'll be starting at the two and playing probably twice as minutes as Bargs.

Raps may deserve to make it on the list, but they certainly don't deserve any votes against the likes of the Lakers, Celtics or Rockets starting five.

rhino17
10-01-2008, 12:21 PM
I would say the Celtics, Rockets, and Lakers are clearly the top 3

I voted the rockets just because.

They have 4 very good players in their starting lineup and an adequate pg.

IndyRealist
10-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Rockets/Spurs is a tossup, pretty much all depending on whether Artest works out or not. The Rockets have three great players (Yao, Artest, McGrady), one good player (Scola) who is an amazing international player, and one street basketball legend (Alston) who is a decent NBA player.

After those two, I gotta go with the Lakers. If Bynum ends up half the player people think he'll be, they'll have three great players (Kobe, Bynum, Gasol) and two good players (Odom, Fisher).

The Celtics are fourth. Two great players (Garnett, Pierce), one marginally great player (Allen), one decent player on the verge of being good (Rondo), and one ok player (Perkins).

The Jazz probably come in fifth. Two great players (Williams, Boozer) an underachieving good player (Kirilenko), and a decent player (Okur). Who's their starting SG this year?

On a good day I'll take the Pistons over every team above them on the list. They're just not having that many good days anymore.

Every other team either still needs to prove they're legit or have serious holes in their lineup.

2010 or Bust
10-01-2008, 12:54 PM
I say the Lakers Celtics and Rockets now but in two or three years watch out for the Blazers, That lineup is going to be crazy scary.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Bynum=OVERRATED.

The Cavs look very good on paper:

PG: Mo Williams
SG: Wally Szczerbiak (remember him with Minnesota)
SF: LeBron James
PF: Ben Wallace (I think he is still the monster that he was with Detroit)
C: Zydrunas Ilgauskas (One of the only remaining True Centers in the NBA)

SensandRaps
10-01-2008, 02:21 PM
right now i have to say the hornets in 2 years the blazers.

mamba24
10-01-2008, 02:52 PM

it would be scary 6 years ago... shaq and hill will each miss 30 games... nash is too old... still really good but he cant carry the load like he has had to in the past

Sixerlover
10-01-2008, 02:55 PM
I don't think it would be wise to pencil in Reggie Evans as the starting Small Forward on the team :D

But I'd give this title to the Jazz

Antbanks21
10-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Celtics now that Rondo and Perkins can play on the big stage.

I would have to say the Lakers because while the Celtics have only The Big Three, the Lakers have Kobe(best player in NBA), Pau(best player on the tough Spain olympic squad), Bynum(high potential and a monster), Lamar(very versatile),Fisher(great leader)

Rockets have a good starting five too, but are second to the Lakers

balla4life22
10-01-2008, 03:12 PM
I would have to say the Lakers because while the Celtics have only The Big Three, the Lakers have Kobe(best player in NBA), Pau(best player on the tough Spain olympic squad), Bynum(high potential and a monster), Lamar(very versatile),Fisher(great leader)

Rockets have a good starting five too, but are second to the Lakers

Gasol sucks.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-01-2008, 03:14 PM
I have to go Jazz.

Antbanks21
10-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Gasol sucks.

Are you talking about Pau Gasol who led the Spain team to the Gold Medal Round and the same Gasol that dominated the playoffs (exept in the Finals).

MiamiHeat
10-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Lakers are winnin shockin...:rolleyes:

sep11ie
10-01-2008, 03:31 PM
my top 3 when everyone is healthy

1.rockets
2.celtics
3.lakers

2nd that here

_Sn1P3r_
10-01-2008, 04:26 PM
1. Celtics
2. Lakers
3. Houston

23LBJCleBrowns
10-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Gasol and Bynum=Overrated

Derek Fisher, Past his prime.

Lamar Odom, Not as good as he use too be.

Kobe: SECOND BEST IN THE LEAGUE!

23LBJCleBrowns
10-01-2008, 05:23 PM
We have not recognized the Mavs. They look Very good on paper.

PG: Jason Kidd
SG: Jason Terry
SF: Josh Howard
PF: Dirk Nowitski
C: Erik Dampier

Very nice looking on paper.

THE NATION
10-01-2008, 06:01 PM
hornets.... Paul, west, peterson, and stojakovic are all absolute studs who can go off at any time.

lol...

THE NATION
10-01-2008, 06:05 PM
Bynum=OVERRATED.

The Cavs look very good on paper:

PG: Mo Williams
SG: Wally Szczerbiak (remember him with Minnesota)
SF: LeBron James
PF: Ben Wallace (I think he is still the monster that he was with Detroit)
C: Zydrunas Ilgauskas (One of the only remaining True Centers in the NBA)

No they don't all they have is Bron. Mo isn't going to add any wins or do anything special. Wally sucks, Ben is way past his prime big z is on his way down. Because the team sucks Lebron will be leaving in 2010. They brought Mo to make it look like they were trying to get LBJ some good players to help.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

CowboysKB24
10-01-2008, 06:15 PM
It is the Celtics. Ray Allen, Pierce, and KG.

Lakers have a solid starting five but no one has seen them play yet so how you can you say they are the best?
Lakers relied on their bench last season in big games. For the most part, no bench production no win.

HOZ THE KNICK
10-01-2008, 06:53 PM
as long as the celtics have the big 3 you know what it is.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-01-2008, 08:33 PM
No they don't all they have is Bron. Mo isn't going to add any wins or do anything special. Wally sucks, Ben is way past his prime big z is on his way down. Because the team sucks Lebron will be leaving in 2010. They brought Mo to make it look like they were trying to get LBJ some good players to help.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

You really think that Mo isn't gonna help this team? When were in the Championship I hope you feel stupid!

cmellofan15
10-01-2008, 08:39 PM
You really think that Mo isn't gonna help this team? When were in the Championship I hope you feel stupid!

Yea everybodys gonna feel stupid when that happens :rolleyes:

dre1990
10-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Detroit, we have 4 pottential all stars

KnicksWin
10-01-2008, 08:50 PM
At first glance I would say Lakers. But, looking at it again Bynum is better then Perkins. Kg is obviously better then Gasol. IMO Pierce is better then Odom. Kobe is obviously better then Allen. So it comes to the point guards. IMO Rondo is better then Fisher so I had to vote for the C's in real life. But any NBA game it is the Knicks, if only I could control them in real life with my XBOX controller. LOL

Raps18-19 Champ
10-01-2008, 08:52 PM
The Knikcs.

Marbury,Crawford,Richardons,Randolph,Curry.

Go checl that players ratings in old 2k and Nba Live games.

It should be DA BOMB.....

They have the potential to be the best

Just the egos are holding them back

Marbury, crawford,curry, randolph can average 15+ppg and either 9+rpg or 6+apg

and richardson can shoot from anywhere

Nets fan 93
10-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Went Hou

DenButsu
10-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Detroit, we have 4 pottential all stars

I think Denver has 5.

We have two current and one former All-Star as it is, and I think both J.R. Smith and Nene - although probably not this season for either of them - have the capacity to become All-Stars in the future.

Bruno
10-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Lakers, but top 3 is more important of a question, and thats more debatable.

IversonIsKrazy
10-01-2008, 10:23 PM
houston has a horrible PF. celtics, kendrick is pretty invincable. between lakers or jazz

PG: Fish < D-Will
SG: Kobe > Brewer
SF: Odom > AK47
PF: Pau < Boozer
C: Bynum > Okur

Lakers jus edge em out.

PhillySportFan
10-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Sixers potential starting 5 is very strong and very balanced and versatile. A underrated PG who always gets the job done whether you need shooting or passing, Iggy is still growing and should average very good numbers again this year. Thaddeus Young has great potential and is a hustler, Elton Brand also very underrated player, one of 4 players in the NBA to have a career average of 20-10 along with Shaq, Timmy D, and KG, thats pretty good company. Sammy Dalembert compliments Elton Brand perfectly, he's a defensive stopper and is a great shot blocker/shot changer. Sam's defense man-to-man is also very underrated, he really is pretty good at that. The Sixers mostly had a good defense last year and with the addition of Elton our defense should be very good this year. The greatest thing is all of our main core guys are young and still are getting better.

ShaunRiching9
10-01-2008, 10:32 PM
The Way i see it the lakers have 3 Studs Kobe, Gasol, and Odom untill bynum puts up better then half a good season im going with the celtics

SAVAGE CLAW
10-01-2008, 10:45 PM
I really Like Sixers 5 They are a bit of training togheter away from making REAL NOISE.

Not to talk if they could convince Iverson into a MLE next year.

jphxsuns
10-01-2008, 11:03 PM
phoenix suns, boston celtics, houston rockets no particular order

but blazers are damn good too. watch out for them. there playofftream this year

AirJordanXVIII
10-01-2008, 11:25 PM
Sixers lineup is all messed up buddy.

Miller
Iggy
Thad
Brand
Dalemert

Evans in the lineup would be a total waste of Thad...

I'm not gonna be homer, and I'm gonna go ahead and say Boston of course. Ray, PP, KG are nasty.

dre1990
10-02-2008, 11:10 AM
I think Denver has 5.

We have two current and one former All-Star as it is, and I think both J.R. Smith and Nene - although probably not this season for either of them - have the capacity to become All-Stars in the future.

and only 1 play D

DirkDiggler36
10-02-2008, 04:43 PM
It's very arguable. I think It is the Celtics... Paul Pierce In his Prime. Ray Allen Going downhill but Still a deadly weapon on offence. KG probabaly another year of his prime. Rondo has Really good D, and he plays as a pass first player. I think for this and the next season look for celtics to just get better at the starting 5

23LBJCleBrowns
10-02-2008, 05:49 PM
The Cavs only because LeBron is not in his prime yet. :-)

I have to go with the Jazz still!!!

THE NATION
10-02-2008, 05:59 PM

Yes, if you guys are in the championship I will feel stupid, but I am pretty sure the situation will not get as far as me feeling stupid.

Icebox922
10-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Bargs will barely be getting bench minutes if and when JO is healthy. You're forgetting Parker...my choice for most underrated Raptor and arguably our best defender. He'll be starting at the two and playing probably twice as minutes as Bargs.

Raps may deserve to make it on the list, but they certainly don't deserve any votes against the likes of the Lakers, Celtics or Rockets starting five.

I dont know about the Rockets.. I can see why a lot of people are getting all excited about the Rockets , by signing Ron Artest. Ron Artest is a cancer, I dont see him doing a lot of good things with the team. Defensive player he is but can he bring chemistry to this team? I doubt it. and another thing Mcgrady is not a winner that is why he drags Yao Ming down and the fact that Yao Ming being injured all the time that doesnt help much.

About Anthony Parker being the best defensive player for the raptors. Not a big fan , last time I checked the players that dominates us most of the time are Shooting Guards and last time I checked thats Anthony Parkers position. About him being underrated , he should be underrated , for the amount of shots he takes. Honestly , I think they should limit his shots.

Hawkeye15
10-03-2008, 08:16 PM
What do you know, another Lakers forum. The Piston have, and have had the best starting 5 for 4 years. It is mind boggling how lopsided these stupid polls are with the Laker bias.

theimortalone
10-03-2008, 08:21 PM
What do you know, another Lakers forum. The Piston have, and have had the best starting 5 for 4 years. It is mind boggling how lopsided these stupid polls are with the Laker bias.

:clap: I know what you mean man, and of course all the laker homers come together and they all choose The Lakers. Of course they are gonna beat out every other team in the forum.

kobe24>jordan23
10-23-2008, 06:50 PM
your just a hater hawkeye15

Lakersfan2483
10-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Best starting five in no particular order

Lakers
Boston
Rockets
Hornets
Jazz

*Detroit has a good starting five, but their window has closed

Lakersfan2483
10-23-2008, 07:32 PM
:clap: I know what you mean man, and of course all the laker homers come together and they all choose The Lakers. Of course they are gonna beat out every other team in the forum.

The lakers have a good starting five, they made it to the finals. How can you argue against it. Besides Boston, LA has one of the best starting five in the league.

It's funny how you talk about laker fans, but you seem to side with your team (Phoenix) on this particular poll.

theimortalone
10-23-2008, 08:15 PM
The lakers have a good starting five, they made it to the finals. How can you argue against it. Besides Boston, LA has one of the best starting five in the league.

It's funny how you talk about laker fans, but you seem to side with your team (Phoenix) on this particular poll.

Yeah I did side by Phoenix, because I know that they easily have a top 5 starting 5.