PDA

View Full Version : Jermaine O'Neal: We Have A Shot

JordansBulls
09-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Source: Thestar (http://www.thestar.com/article/507949)

"Me, Chris Bosh and Jose (Calderon) sat down after the scrimmage (last week) and it was like, 'Man, we have a real shot here,' " newcomer Jermaine O'Neal said. "We've got a real shot.

"Obviously, we have the talent on paper and if we mentally believe that and bring that swagger every day, that we're the best team on the floor every time we step on the floor, we've got a shot at doing some great things this year."

O'Neal is certainly to be at the centre of any resurgence of the Raptors, who've bowed out of the first round of the playoffs in each of the last two seasons.

Anyone believe the Raptors can make the Finals this year?

Tblaze
09-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Finals: no

Conference Finals: Possibly

It all depends on how O'neal meshes with the team

MiamiHeat
09-29-2008, 08:25 PM
everybody got a shot
but only few make it through the hole

Beno7500
09-29-2008, 08:29 PM
I dont know about this.

SAVAGE CLAW
09-29-2008, 08:33 PM
Mmm Bargnani + 1st round + Parker (or kapono) + whoever nececessary to make the math work for either Gordon, Iverson or ...yes...Vince and then we can talk about it.

Calderon,Iverson,Moon,Bosh,JO

Calderon,Carter,Moon,Bosh,JO

Calderon,Gordon,Moon,Bosh,JO.

but Calderon,Parker...,Moon,Bosh,JO....That is not getting past the second roudn cut at best.

ShakeN'Bake
09-29-2008, 08:35 PM
It all depends on how healthy JO can stay.

Hometeamrivals
09-29-2008, 08:42 PM
Playoffs yea, finals no

haircanada
09-29-2008, 08:48 PM
most likely confernce finals but if one of the big 3 get injured were going to the finals BABY!!

amare#1
09-29-2008, 08:50 PM
I believe they've got a shot at making it deep into the playoffs. Everyone knows what Bosh and Jermaine will bring to the floor night in, night out. But IMO if this team is the surprise team in the East it will be because of Calderon, who I personally believe will be the 4th best PG in the league this season.

haircanada
09-29-2008, 08:52 PM
like i said if the big 3 go down champonship:) BBBBABBBBBBYYY!!!

JIDsanity
09-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Mmm Bargnani + 1st round + Parker (or kapono) + whoever nececessary to make the math work for either Gordon, Iverson or ...yes...Vince and then we can talk about it.

Calderon,Iverson,Moon,Bosh,JO

Calderon,Carter,Moon,Bosh,JO

Calderon,Gordon,Moon,Bosh,JO.

but Calderon,Parker...,Moon,Bosh,JO....That is not getting past the second roudn cut at best.
Do you know how nasty T-Dot would be if Vc came back. You got Calderon feeding everyone the ball, and VC penetrating, scoring, reb, taking the pressure off of Bosh and JO an already dominant front court, and then they can pass the ball out to a wide open J.K. It would = finals + a new rep for VC.
I would gain respect for them IF the fans welcome back VC. They'd even be called my 2nd team my other team (Seattle) moved, and now they have a Name that I don't like.

IversonIsKrazy
09-29-2008, 08:53 PM
raps fan here, but im pretty sure that finals is overrating. it all depends on if JO stays healthy. If he does for most of the time, i say raps eliminated 2nd round.

heyman321
09-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Do you know how nasty T-Dot would be if Vc came back. You got Calderon feeding everyone the ball, and VC penetrating, scoring, reb, taking the pressure off of Bosh and JO an already dominant front court, and then they can pass the ball out to a wide open J.K. It would = finals + a new rep for VC.
I would gain respect for them IF the fans welcome back VC. They'd even be called my 2nd team my other team (Seattle) moved, and now they have a Name that I don't like.

I'm a Raptors fan and I would gladly take back Carter if it meant winning the title. I would say Bargs + Parker + Graham + cash etc + 1st rounder for Carter. And indeed, it would be a storybook ending for Carter and the Raptors if it actually happened. I sure hope Colangelo knows that we need a potent SG, and who else is on the market? Ben Gordon? Hayll no. Come on, Colangelo, you could be Exec of the year!!

SensandRaps
09-29-2008, 10:43 PM
i think that we can make the conference finals at best but if we get a superstar sg finals here we come

prash
09-29-2008, 10:53 PM
I think they can make the ECF. Getting past Boston is tough w/ Pierce and Allen.

nikkumar84
09-29-2008, 10:53 PM
why carter?? what about tracy mcgrady, gilbert zero, carmelo anthony all the better player then vince carter? i bet vince will not come play for T.Dot ever again. Tdot is officially No-More-Vince-Carter City.

SAVAGE CLAW
09-29-2008, 11:19 PM
Rolo Tomassi

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-29-2008, 11:25 PM
finals no way jose

still1ballin
09-29-2008, 11:27 PM
jermaine is one funny commedian

QUICKTRADE
09-29-2008, 11:45 PM
i hope he could balk his words and im very happy if they could actually pass cavaliers.

pete_one
09-29-2008, 11:47 PM
Raps = 2nd RounD

bidi_nash
09-30-2008, 12:04 AM
probably not but as a raptors fan id love to see it happen

dre1990
09-30-2008, 12:40 AM
I dont think they will but you never know

POZUNO
09-30-2008, 01:14 AM
As nice as the team looks. They should make the playoffs but not the finals.

LAKERS 24/7
09-30-2008, 02:44 AM
of course he told the media he believes they have a shot, he'd be ripped apart if he didn't

Hellcrooner
09-30-2008, 02:46 AM
Calderon Ok

Bosh Ok

Oneal (healthy?) Ok

that looks great but......Kapono? Moon Graham? Paker?

Oh oh that does not sound too nice...

Lakersfan2483
09-30-2008, 03:38 AM
No shot at the finals, I don't see them beating the Celtics, Pistons, and the Cavs. I don't think they can beat Orlando either.

JayW_1023
09-30-2008, 04:57 AM
' We have a shot, if I stopped being allergic to the pivot' is what he should've said.

Dol-Fan
09-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Calderon Ok

Bosh Ok

Oneal (healthy?) Ok

that looks great but......Kapono? Moon Graham? Paker?

Oh oh that does not sound too nice...

Whats wrong with having the best 3pt shooter in the league? Whats wrong with Parker? Whats wrong with Moon? Yeah they need a star at the wings, which is why the furthest they will go is EC Finals, but they have the ability to be very good. Graham doesn't even play so don't worry about that...

Bargs is up to 262 now, which should allow him to finish better around the bucket, hopefully he breaks out.

Hawkeye15
09-30-2008, 01:39 PM
IF O'Neal is back to his old form, and Bosh steps to another level, and Calderon can become the floorleader they needs, they have peices to make a push in the playoffs. I don't know if the finals is realistic this season, but you never know. I love Sam Mitchell, they could be a surprise team

Kianwe
09-30-2008, 01:52 PM
Come on, finals?? I love the Raps but I like it better when we're the underdogs.

_Sn1P3r_
09-30-2008, 05:18 PM
probably not but as a raptors fan id love to see it happen

Haha yup.

AFlagRules
09-30-2008, 06:29 PM
I'm reading through this thread and bump into a VC homer's post where I read that we should trade a #1 overall player and 2 key pieces to this team for VINCE CARTER who would supposedly do this " VC penetrating, scoring, reb, taking the pressure off of Bosh and JO an already dominant front court".

Jesus :-/

Anyways, I would lose a lot of my respect towards to the Raps if they got Vince back AND TRADED ANYTHING for him. Not only did we get **** for him, we gotta give up to get him back? Is that a joke? Vince Carter didn't play his hardest here, he didn't try for the team that paid his bills, so why should we bring him back when we got something good going?

I think with the team we got right now, we can win the title. It will take a total mesh of chemistry and for our role players to play really well. Jason Kapono has shown he can light it up every night, Anthony Parker has shown he can guard a lot of players and do his **** on offense. Jose Calderon has shown he's a top starting PG in the league. What else do you need to win a title?

clubsandaces
10-15-2008, 03:04 AM
The Pacers probably won't make it to the playoffs. the east has gotten much stronger.