PDA

View Full Version : Lakers secret weapon!

PROPHETof TRUTH
09-29-2008, 06:26 PM
Everybody seems to be talking about kobe,bynum,gasol,and odom and rightfully so.....
but as all the attention goes to these 4, everyone is forgetting about jordan farmar this season who is one of the hardest working players in the lakers team and could take over as the starting pg for them as the season goes on, i think this might be the lakers secret weapon to winning it all this year, the dude has the potential,ability,dedication to be one of the best pg's in the league...he reminds me of a younger version of tony parker....the rest of the league is in more trouble than they thought.....:smoking:

Afridi786
09-29-2008, 06:28 PM
If he was so good, Fisher wouldn't have been starting last year.

Hawkeye15
09-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Everybody seems to be talking about kobe,bynum,gasol,and odom and rightfully so.....
but as all the attention goes to these 4, everyone is forgetting about jordan farmar this season who is one of the hardest working players in the lakers team and could take over as the starting pg for them as the season goes on, i think this might be the lakers secret weapon to winning it all this year, the dude has the potential,ability,dedication to be one of the best pg's in the league...he reminds me of a younger version of tony parker....the rest of the league is in more trouble than they thought.....:smoking:

Dude, Parker was the starting point guard on a championship team his second year in the NBA, Farmar went for 9-2, and its not like he didn't get minutes because a perrenial all star was in front of him. He is an average NBA point guard at best. And Parker btw is 26 I believe. He is just now entering his prime

_Sn1P3r_
09-29-2008, 06:33 PM
It's cause Farmar is still improving and in a couple of years, I wouldn't be surprised to see Farmar start.

fresh prince
09-29-2008, 06:36 PM
Good Point..

Jordan just needs to work on his consistency.. But you are right I look for him to make a big jump his year.

Hawkeye15
09-29-2008, 06:40 PM
he is what, 22 at the beginning of the season? THere are so many 25 and under point guards I would take in front of him, I can't even pull them all off the top of my head. Lets see:
Paul
Williams
Monta Ellis
Mo Williams
Devin Harris
Raymond Felton
TJ Ford
Rondo
Randy Foye
Louis Williams
Stuckey
Conley
Rose

Am I missing anyone?

goku
09-29-2008, 06:41 PM
tony parker is just 26 how is he a younger parker

hdxstunts1
09-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Farmer is bottom of the barrel for that team. Fischer and Vujacic are the main guards with Kobe! farmer isnt a secret weapon either, i wouldnt even classify him as a weapon. He is a bench pg that can come in and give you 5-10 decent minutes he's no better then E. House with Boston or C.Duhan(When with Bulls).

ItsTheLastAce
09-29-2008, 06:45 PM
if Farmar can keep making the jumps like he did in last offseason, it can happen.

JIDsanity
09-29-2008, 06:46 PM
no

ItsTheLastAce
09-29-2008, 06:48 PM
Farmer is bottom of the barrel for that team. Fischer and Vujacic are the main guards with Kobe! farmer isnt a secret weapon either, i wouldnt even classify him as a weapon. He is a bench pg that can come in and give you 5-10 decent minutes he's no better then E. House with Boston or C.Duhan(When with Bulls).

really because he averaged 20.6 minutes and 9.1 points and shot 46% from the field.

Hawkeye15
09-29-2008, 06:53 PM
really because he averaged 20.6 minutes and 9.1 points and shot 46% from the field.

point is, he may start for OKC or a team like that, but he is not a very good player. What were his playoff numbers? Like 6-1 maybe? He is not a secret weapon, he is a capable backup. But, the Lakers don't need a classic point guard anyways. The triangle doesn't make them necessary. They could use a good on the ball defender, but that would be it. Rondo ran around like nobody was guarding him the entire series. If he had a jumper at all, that would have been over in 4

ItsTheLastAce
09-29-2008, 06:57 PM
point is, he may start for OKC or a team like that, but he is not a very good player. What were his playoff numbers? Like 6-1 maybe? He is not a secret weapon, he is a capable backup. But, the Lakers don't need a classic point guard anyways. The triangle doesn't make them necessary. They could use a good on the ball defender, but that would be it. Rondo ran around like nobody was guarding him the entire series. If he had a jumper at all, that would have been over in 4

im not saying hes a star, but hes not a scrub either. your right he didnt do too well in the post season but he's still young and last year he made a big leap. hopefully he will do the same this year.

Wilson
09-29-2008, 06:58 PM

That's underrating him a bit too much...

Farmar will be a very good guard for us, but I don't see him starting yet. It's right that he's a very good worker though, hopefully he's worked on his defense over the summer.

hdxstunts1

That was regular season what did he do for playoffs?
-17.1mpg, 5.7ppg, 38% not that good for a "secret weapon"

Fischer tho:
season - 27.5mpg, 11.7ppg, 44% fgp, 40% 3pp, 2.1rpg, 2.9 apg
playoffs - 31.6mpg, 10.2ppg, 45%, 44%, 2.2rpg, 2.5apg, 2.0spg

Vujacic tho: (6'7" pg by the way, hard to find!)
season - 17.8mpg, 8.8ppg, 2.1rpg, 45%
playoffs - 21.7mpg, 8.1ppg, 2.2rpg, 40% (Solid #'s for a backup)

He's a good player but he's got no where to go! And we are forgetting Sun Yue is a PG/SG he's gonna need minutes! Cant let Kobe play 46/48mpg with Yue, Farmar, Vujacic, Fischer all needing time! I see a trade a brewing in the Lakers system or else they're goin to have some PO'd players!

Hawkeye15
im not saying hes a star, but hes not a scrub either. your right he didnt do too well in the post season but he's still young and last year he made a big leap. hopefully he will do the same this year.

Obviously he will get better, I am just saying I don't think he will be a good starting point guard in the NBA. Now, points take longer to develop a lot of the time, so I may be wrong. I just don't see the skills.

ItsTheLastAce
09-29-2008, 07:05 PM
vujacic rarely plays the pg spot any more he sometimes even slides down to the SF spot. phil has used a line up of farmar-fish-sasha before.. fisher is the starter and will get the minutes. yue is very versitile, because of his height and ball handling skills. will most likely be playing in the D-league but can play pg-sg-sf.

dannyking18
09-29-2008, 07:06 PM
i had to disagree farmar isn't the secret weapon,its trevor ariza.and sasha vujacic.no doubt!

ItsTheLastAce
09-29-2008, 07:07 PM
Obviously he will get better, I am just saying I don't think he will be a good starting point guard in the NBA. Now, points take longer to develop a lot of the time, so I may be wrong. I just don't see the skills.

thats very true but right now we dont need him to improve greatly on scoring, right now he needs to work on his defense and his decision making. sometimes he pulls the ball up to soon. fortunatly for us he is a very hard worker.

ItsTheLastAce
09-29-2008, 07:08 PM

Fischer tho:
season - 27.5mpg, 11.7ppg, 44% fgp, 40% 3pp, 2.1rpg, 2.9 apg
playoffs - 31.6mpg, 10.2ppg, 45%, 44%, 2.2rpg, 2.5apg, 2.0spg

He's a good player but he's got no where to go! And we are forgetting Sun Yue is a PG/SG he's gonna need minutes! Cant let Kobe play 46/48mpg with Yue, Farmar, Vujacic, Fischer all needing time! I see a trade a brewing in the Lakers system or else they're goin to have some PO'd players!

im not saying hes a star or "secret weapon" just that hes not a scrub.

Wilson
09-29-2008, 07:12 PM

Farmar's play dropped off a bit against Denver in the 1st round, then he really struggled against Utah in the 2nd, but look at his stats vs SA and Boston:

WCF: 20.2 MPG, .457 FG%, .417 3P%, 8.4 PPG
Finals: 19.2 MPG, .484 FG%, 529 3P%, 7.0 PPG.

He also averaged less than one TO per game in each of those series.

Sasha's a SG.

Sun Yue is a project player. Since we're trying to win a championship and not rebuild, he's not going to be on the court an awful lot...

fresh prince
09-29-2008, 07:16 PM

Thats way off.. He averaged 20 mpg last year and will probably be close to 30 mpg this year. Essentially playing starters minutes

Hawkeye15
09-29-2008, 07:20 PM
thats very true but right now we dont need him to improve greatly on scoring, right now he needs to work on his defense and his decision making. sometimes he pulls the ball up to soon. fortunatly for us he is a very hard worker.

mark madsen is a hard worker. I am just saying.

Lkrboy08
tony parker is just 26 how is he a younger parker

lol

yeah...he can and will get better but i dont see him being the "next T.Parker" :D

ItsTheLastAce
mark madsen is a hard worker. I am just saying.

lol touche

Hawkeye15
09-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Farmar's play dropped off a bit against Denver in the 1st round, then he really struggled against Utah in the 2nd, but look at his stats vs SA and Boston:

WCF: 20.2 MPG, .457 FG%, .417 3P%, 8.4 PPG
Finals: 19.2 MPG, .484 FG%, 529 3P%, 7.0 PPG.

He also averaged less than one TO per game in each of those series.

Sasha's a SG.

Sun Yue is a project player. Since we're trying to win a championship and not rebuild, he's not going to be on the court an awful lot...

he got big minutes in game 6 due to the Lakers conceeding the loss. But playoff basketball shortens the roster, so he wouldn't have gotten minutes anyway.

Lkrboy08
09-29-2008, 07:23 PM
i had to disagree farmar isn't the secret weapon,its trevor ariza.and sasha vujacic.no doubt!

there you go, now that seems more like it!!

:smoking: puff puff give.....:D

JMan17
09-29-2008, 07:31 PM
the machine is the secret weapon!

Big Quett
09-29-2008, 07:36 PM

When i opened this i just knew it would be Trevor Ariza but then i see this love letter about jordan farmer. OMG dude u cant be serious he is an average pg at best. Why do u think they brought Derek back. I mean really? He couldnt even start over Smush Parker who to my knowledge doesnt even have a contract this year

Cavs_Fan24
09-29-2008, 07:50 PM
If he was so good, Fisher wouldn't have been starting last year.

i was thinking the same thing

Beno7500
09-29-2008, 07:56 PM
All you laker fans think every one of your players is going to be a superstar, when the truth is, most of them are average.

Tblaze
09-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Farmar is decent at best, nothing more.

cmellofan15
09-29-2008, 08:06 PM
All you laker fans think every one of your players is going to be a superstar, when the truth is, most of them are average.

The King's secret weapon is......
MIKKI MOORE!!!!!

Beno7500
09-29-2008, 08:09 PM
The King's secret weapon is......
MIKKI MOORE!!!!!

He is a beast. He owns KG

cmellofan15
09-29-2008, 08:14 PM
He is a beast. He owns KG

Ok then their secret weapon is......
QUINCY DOUBY!!!!

Beno7500
09-29-2008, 08:15 PM
Ok then their secret weapon is......
QUINCY DOUBY!!!!

The Q man

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-29-2008, 08:16 PM
hes good but no that good

MiamiHeat
09-29-2008, 08:56 PM
here's to get to know him a little better before anyone say's they can't see the skills!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFEupVdibjU&feature=related

damn that dude
messed dwyane's name badly
dwane? wtf is that :laugh2:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-29-2008, 08:57 PM
Lol Farmars booboo.

Wilson
09-29-2008, 08:57 PM
he got big minutes in game 6 due to the Lakers conceeding the loss. But playoff basketball shortens the roster, so he wouldn't have gotten minutes anyway.

Jordan Farmar played 26 minutes in game 6, four more minutes than he played in game 5, and six more than his season average...

When i opened this i just knew it would be Trevor Ariza but then i see this love letter about jordan farmer. OMG dude u cant be serious he is an average pg at best. Why do u think they brought Derek back. I mean really? He couldnt even start over Smush Parker who to my knowledge doesnt even have a contract this year

We brought Derek back because he's a veteren who knows the offense, and a leader. The reason he wasn't starting was because he was still developing, Fisher is a guy who could give us good minutes whilst still allowing Farmar his time on the court to grow.

I don't think Farmar is going to be a superstar, but he's going to be an above average player for us.

fresh prince
09-29-2008, 09:11 PM
Lol Farmars booboo.

The Nuggets are booooboooo

Farmar is nice

BTownTeamsRKing
09-29-2008, 09:23 PM
ok so the entire lakers team will make the all star game. including super secret weapons chris mihm and Mbengha.

they will put up double doubles on a nightly basis as well as pau and gasol scoring a good 30-40 points each with 15-20 boards each. at the same time Kobe will score 97 points on his own and odom will drop an easy 50 supported by farmar, vajuwhoever, ariza and sun yue who will combine for a nice 50 spot a night.

the nba will be bowdown to the lakers in all of their greatness and will rename basketball to lakerball. the mvp award will become the KOBE AWARD. (which he wins every year)

theimortalone
09-29-2008, 09:27 PM
he is what, 22 at the beginning of the season? THere are so many 25 and under point guards I would take in front of him, I can't even pull them all off the top of my head. Lets see:
Paul
Williams
Monta Ellis
Mo Williams
Devin Harris
Raymond Felton
TJ Ford
Rondo
Randy Foye
Louis Williams
Stuckey
Conley
Rose

Am I missing anyone?

I agree with that list! Hell I would even take Goran Dragic over Farmar any day!!!! :clap:

BTownTeamsRKing
09-29-2008, 09:45 PM
I agree with that list! Hell I would even take Goran Dragic over Farmar any day!!!! :clap:

how can u take anyone over the next magic johnson?

cmellofan15
09-29-2008, 09:54 PM

Hahahahaha!!!! You're kidding right?

Gmen824
09-29-2008, 09:57 PM
He plays 0 defense, his defense compared to fisher's, is like Tim Ducan's career compared to lets say...Zach Randolph, he's a chucker, nice jimmy, n. robinson = farmar [both are sg's in a pg's body]

thedfactor
09-29-2008, 09:57 PM
yeah Farmar is good, but the machine is the weapon. Sasha Vujacic baby!!

GSW_Soul
09-29-2008, 10:07 PM
He's a good player but to be starting as point he needs to improve more, then maybe it will happen.

BTownTeamsRKing
09-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Hahahahaha!!!! You're kidding right?

of course hahaha

but according to most lakers fans, every player is going to be so great.

lets see,

Kobe = MJ
Pau = Kareem
Bynum = Shaq

i even saw a thread saying Chinese Magic - Sun Yue.

cmellofan15
09-29-2008, 10:36 PM
of course hahaha

lets see,

Kobe = MJ
Pau = Kareem
Bynum = Shaq

I saw that too, it was like

"Lakers sign Chinese Magic Sun Yue"

And you're all wrong

Kobe>MJ
Pau>The Dream
Bynum>Shaq
Lamar>Rodman
Fisher>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>John Stockton
Sun Yue>>>Magic
Trevor Ariza is the GOAT!!!

theimortalone
09-29-2008, 10:41 PM

Easily. Farmar will never come close to being Magic.

cmellofan15
09-29-2008, 10:42 PM
^ Dude he's already better which Farmar are you talking about? LOL

theimortalone
09-29-2008, 10:46 PM
of course hahaha

lets see,

Kobe = MJ
Pau = Kareem
Bynum = Shaq

haha I agree 100% with that.

fresh prince
09-29-2008, 11:05 PM
Man you guys are dorks.....

The point of the thread wasnt that Farmar is the next all star PG or that he would be an all time great or that he is among the top guards in the league.

I think the point of the thread was that Farmar will have a big role in the Lakers success this season and I think that is even more clear seeing the bashing dude is taking in this thread..People are acting like Jordan is Garbage

Realistically Farmar is still probably a year away from being a top flight NBA starter but its not a stretch to think that he will be a key player for the Lakers this year...

This belongs in the Lakers forum though

pete_one
09-29-2008, 11:28 PM
Jordan FARMAR is the next Steve Nash :)

flip_loyalty
09-29-2008, 11:36 PM
Coby karl!!!!!!!

BTownTeamsRKing
09-29-2008, 11:41 PM
well he does have JORDAN in his name. that should count for something.

btw sorry to starter of the thread, but i havent been on the nba boards for a while and i come back and find 3 threads on how great the lakers are and will be so i had to throw in a shot.

to add to it, they looked awful against the Celtics and u dont see any Celtics fans starting threads about Rajon Rondo is the next Bob Cousy.

QUICKTRADE
09-29-2008, 11:50 PM
we might get a shocker game from vlad and ariza not from farmar as a lot is expecting.

Hellcrooner
09-30-2008, 02:44 AM
are we talking about the same farmar wich performed the worst individual effort on a finals where everybadoy performed like crap.?

sp1derm00
09-30-2008, 04:52 AM

I am a big Laker fanboy.

I overrate everyone on our team not named Kobe.

I HATE Farmar... i really do want his *** off the team for someone else that can play decent defense. All he'd have to do is take the ball up the court and defend his opposing PG. The rest of the Lakers could more than make up for any lack of offensive abilities a PG could provide in the triangle provided he could defend the opposing PG's. Think of it as a Bowen role for the PG... i'd want Bowen as a PG, even without his corner 3 point shooting, instead of Farmar.

Farmar needs to get off my team.

ZHawk1123
09-30-2008, 08:50 AM
Farmar really isn't that good... It's a shame you mentioned him and Tony Parker in the same comparison really...

Wilson
09-30-2008, 08:54 AM
He plays 0 defense, his defense compared to fisher's, is like Tim Ducan's career compared to lets say...Zach Randolph, he's a chucker, nice jimmy, n. robinson = farmar [both are sg's in a pg's body]

There's not a massive difference between Fisher's D and Farmar's, unless your severely overrating Fishers, or underrating Farmar's. I'm not saying he's a great defender, but he's shown improvement there, and with how hard he works in the offseason, I would expect him to continue improving.

I know :crazy: :pity:

Man you guys are dorks.....

The point of the thread wasnt that Farmar is the next all star PG or that he would be an all time great or that he is among the top guards in the league.

I think the point of the thread was that Farmar will have a big role in the Lakers success this season and I think that is even more clear seeing the bashing dude is taking in this thread..People are acting like Jordan is Garbage

Realistically Farmar is still probably a year away from being a top flight NBA starter but its not a stretch to think that he will be a key player for the Lakers this year...

This belongs in the Lakers forum though

Exactly, people are acting that there are two types of players: all-stars and garbage. Farmar is a good player, and he will play a big part on our team, just like he did last season when he was the leader of one of the best bench's in the league.

Wilson
09-30-2008, 09:05 AM
Farmar really isn't that good... It's a shame you mentioned him and Tony Parker in the same comparison really...

Yeah I know, I mean their both 6'2. They both weigh 180 lbs. They're both fast. In the '01 - '02 season, Parker (in his rookie season) averaged 9.2 PPG off the bench in 29.4 MPG. In '07 - '08, Farmar, in his second season, playing 20.2 MPG off the bench, averaged 9.1 PPG. Parker shot .419, Farmar shot .461. It really is impossible to find any similarities...

It's not insane to say that Farmar is in the same mold as Parker. He has a way to go to get to Parkers level defensively, but their offensive game is similar. I'm not saying Farmar is going to definately be as good as Tony Parker, but it's not impossible for him to reach that level.

futureman
09-30-2008, 09:56 AM
Jordan Farmar??? :laugh:

Theres just too many lakerfans on this forum.

edla423
09-30-2008, 10:05 AM
farmar and fisher will be splitting time as starting pg this year but in a few years if the lakers dont bring anyone else in, then farmar will be the starter. the most important thing is...FARMARS JEWISH...yay

Lkrboy08
09-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Jordan Farmar??? :laugh:

Theres just too many lakerfans on this forum.

what do you mean?? isnt he the best PG in the league?? most improved player award winner?? you wouldnt take him over C.Paul??? he is the next TONY PARKER!!!

:D
You guys DO know im kidding right?? but really, i root for Farmar because his a true LA native, i got to root for my people......our (Farmar and I) Highschool's are rivals!! or were......anyways all im sayin is...........LEAVE MY BOY ALONE!!!!

GO LAKERS!!

L@ker4Life
09-30-2008, 11:43 AM

Maybe its because nobody was guarding him. If he had a jumper than there would have been someone guarding him. So basically what you are saying is the strategy of not guarding Rhondo was a GREAT idea.......Thanks. I thought so to when I watched the games.

L@ker4Life
09-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Yeah I know, I mean their both 6'2. They both weigh 180 lbs. They're both fast. In the '01 - '02 season, Parker (in his rookie season) averaged 9.2 PPG off the bench in 29.4 MPG. In '07 - '08, Farmar, in his second season, playing 20.2 MPG off the bench, averaged 9.1 PPG. Parker shot .419, Farmar shot .461. It really is impossible to find any similarities...

It's not insane to say that Farmar is in the same mold as Parker. He has a way to go to get to Parkers level defensively, but their offensive game is similar. I'm not saying Farmar is going to definately be as good as Tony Parker, but it's not impossible for him to reach that level.

NIce post. :clap:

RapsGuy23
09-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Absolutely not. NO NO NO

Hawkeye15
09-30-2008, 01:41 PM

uh, and the fact that Parker led the NBA in points in the paint for a couple of years, is the best finisher for a point guard in the world, and has a finals MVP under his belt. They may have started similar, but that learning curve went Parkers way hardcore. And Farmar is not as quick as Parker, who is still only 26 and finally developing a jump shot

Hawkeye15
09-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Maybe its because nobody was guarding him. If he had a jumper than there would have been someone guarding him. So basically what you are saying is the strategy of not guarding Rhondo was a GREAT idea.......Thanks. I thought so to when I watched the games.

you had to guard him that way. My point is, if he had a jumper, someone would have needed to stay at home on him, and the series would have been over quicker since PP and Ray would have had more room to score.

Wilson
09-30-2008, 01:52 PM
uh, and the fact that Parker led the NBA in points in the paint for a couple of years, is the best finisher for a point guard in the world, and has a finals MVP under his belt. They may have started similar, but that learning curve went Parkers way hardcore. And Farmar is not as quick as Parker, who is still only 26 and finally developing a jump shot

So if they've started similar, and Farmar has worked his *** off over the summer, what makes you think he's not going to continue to improve?

Once again, I'm not saying Farmar definately will be as good as Tony Parker, but to say they can't be compared is underrating Farmar too much.

PHX-SOXFAN
09-30-2008, 03:17 PM

I don't think the rest of the league is worried after his finals performance

futureman
09-30-2008, 03:45 PM
what do you mean?? isnt he the best PG in the league?? most improved player award winner?? you wouldnt take him over C.Paul??? he is the next TONY PARKER!!!

:D
You guys DO know im kidding right?? but really, i root for Farmar because his a true LA native, i got to root for my people......our (Farmar and I) Highschool's are rivals!! or were......anyways all im sayin is...........LEAVE MY BOY ALONE!!!!

GO LAKERS!!

Your joking right?

Lkrboy08
09-30-2008, 04:58 PM
Your joking right?

dude......what do you think?:rolleyes: did i not tell you guys that I was jokin?

Hawkeye15
09-30-2008, 07:14 PM
So if they've started similar, and Farmar has worked his *** off over the summer, what makes you think he's not going to continue to improve?

Once again, I'm not saying Farmar definately will be as good as Tony Parker, but to say they can't be compared is underrating Farmar too much.

they didn't start similar at all after year 1. I will say that Farmar will never be as good as Tony Parker. And that isn't even a bold statement. If the Lakers had 2nd year Tony Parker this year, they would be wearing rings.
Laker fans, c'mon. Quit claiming outlandish crap all the time. You have an awesome team, with great components, but you like to compare guys like Bynum to Shaq, and now Farmar to Tony Parker. And the Kobe-MJ thing died a long time ago. Be happy with what you have, almost every team in the NBA would be!!

Wilson
09-30-2008, 07:39 PM
they didn't start similar at all after year 1. I will say that Farmar will never be as good as Tony Parker. And that isn't even a bold statement. If the Lakers had 2nd year Tony Parker this year, they would be wearing rings.
Laker fans, c'mon. Quit claiming outlandish crap all the time. You have an awesome team, with great components, but you like to compare guys like Bynum to Shaq, and now Farmar to Tony Parker. And the Kobe-MJ thing died a long time ago. Be happy with what you have, almost every team in the NBA would be!!

I didn't say that had similar rookie seasons. I said Farmar's 2nd season was very similar to Parkers rookie season, only Farmar had nearly 10 mins less on the court.

Once again, I also said that I'm not claiming that Farmar will be as good or better than Tony Parker, I'm saying he's a similar player, he plays in a similar way, and he's going to be a good, above average PG for us in the future.

Hawkeye15
09-30-2008, 07:45 PM
I didn't say that had similar rookie seasons. I said Farmar's 2nd season was very similar to Parkers rookie season, only Farmar had nearly 10 mins less on the court.

Once again, I also said that I'm not claiming that Farmar will be as good or better than Tony Parker, I'm saying he's a similar player, he plays in a similar way, and he's going to be a good, above average PG for us in the future.

dude, you are a track coverer. MY POINT IS IT IS A TERRIBLE COMPARISON. compare him to an above average point, not elite. Telfair pulls a Chris Paul move out of his *** every now and then, I am not going to say he resembles Paul

Wilson
09-30-2008, 08:31 PM
dude, you are a track coverer. MY POINT IS IT IS A TERRIBLE COMPARISON. compare him to an above average point, not elite. Telfair pulls a Chris Paul move out of his *** every now and then, I am not going to say he resembles Paul

How is it a terrible comparison? They're similar players, both in their build and style of play....

PROPHETof TRUTH
09-30-2008, 08:59 PM

alright first off i'm not comparing farmar to parker...i've just said that he reminds me of him in the style of play....second i never said that he was an all-star, but just a secret weapon the lakers could use when all the attention is going to the fantastic 4...third that kg joke was good but is not a bigger joke than hawkeye15.....and finally i can't wait till the season starts to prove all this dude's who have been drinking haterade wrong....:smoking:

Hawkeye15
09-30-2008, 09:54 PM
How is it a terrible comparison? They're similar players, both in their build and style of play....

they may be built similar. Harold Miner was built like Michael Jordan. You are talking about Farmar, vs a finals MVP, and starting pg for a championship team in his second year, not backing up a 34 year old point guard. There is no comparison. Lets just say Farmar would have to win Most Improved Player for the next 2 seasons straight to catch Parker. Get over it dude. A better comparison would be he may be like Jamal Tinsley at best, without the off court issues. Or maybe Jameer Nelson

Hawkeye15
09-30-2008, 09:58 PM
alright first off i'm not comparing farmar to parker...i've just said that he reminds me of him in the style of play....second i never said that he was an all-star, but just a secret weapon the lakers could use when all the attention is going to the fantastic 4...third that kg joke was good but is not a bigger joke than hawkeye15.....and finally i can't wait till the season starts to prove all this dude's who have been drinking haterade wrong....:smoking:

you wonder why people come on here and lakerhate? It is because people like you, and steelers fan or whatever come with some bs claim that Farmar is Tony Parker like. Please. Read my post a while back. You guys have a great team. But when you throw out Bynum is the next Shaq, Farmar is Tony Parker, Kobe is MJ, it gets ridiculous. Many of you go overboard. Everyone is optimistic about their team, but you also have to be realistic. I will say this, if Bynum is the next Shaq, and Farmar is the next Parker, a 80 win season is not out of the question. This is not Laker hating, this is reality. ppg per 40 minutes don't exist on the real floor. Only in fantasy leagues. Potential doesn't exist on the floor, you are either good or not.

bogdanrom
09-30-2008, 10:33 PM
Haha at Farmar=Tony Parker. I don't care if he works hard he will never be anything close to Tony Parker. He's a solid player and a good character guy. At best he will be a starter.

blazerman
09-30-2008, 10:49 PM
You have got to be kidding me!

Secret weapon, ah ha ha ha

That is some funny stuff, I cant believe you compared him to Tony Parker

The only reason he say the finals is because of a guy named KOBE BRYANT

I cant wait to see your next post ha ha ha

I apoligize for making fun of your post but it is comical:clap:

RoyalG333
09-30-2008, 10:58 PM
OK as a Laker fan, I have to say its nice to see Jordan get some props. He has worked his butt off and made huge strides last season. This season will be a bigger test for him. Its his contract year and he has a chance to play starting pg. But I would not consider him a secret weapon. What is classified as a secret weapon in the NBA? What other players in the league would be considered a secret weapon? Maybe Sam Cassell and Leon Powe for the Celtics during the finals? Jordan is a nice player but he has a long way to go to be considered an all star.

Raidaz4Life
09-30-2008, 11:04 PM
Farmar is a very underrated player and I can't wait to watch him turn into a great PG\

btw I find it funny how everyone is so sure that Farmar will be nothing when he has only played 2 years in the NBA.

Blue Tiger
10-01-2008, 12:00 AM
I don't see Jordan Farmer has a secret weapon. He's not getting enough hype and buzz around him to be a secret weapon. If he does get better he's only going to be a decent point guard but not like Tony Parker.

Wilson
10-01-2008, 09:10 AM
you wonder why people come on here and lakerhate? It is because people like you, and steelers fan or whatever come with some bs claim that Farmar is Tony Parker like. Please. Read my post a while back. You guys have a great team. But when you throw out Bynum is the next Shaq, Farmar is Tony Parker, Kobe is MJ, it gets ridiculous. Many of you go overboard. Everyone is optimistic about their team, but you also have to be realistic. I will say this, if Bynum is the next Shaq, and Farmar is the next Parker, a 80 win season is not out of the question. This is not Laker hating, this is reality. ppg per 40 minutes don't exist on the real floor. Only in fantasy leagues. Potential doesn't exist on the floor, you are either good or not.

Are you intentionally ignoring parts of my posts?

The start of their NBA careers are almost identical. Parker spent his 1st year backing up a veteren, Jordan Farmar started really contributing in his second year, when he backed up a veteren. They both were contributors on teams that went to the finals early in their career, they have both been erratic. Over the years Parker has become a better shooter and a better decision maker, I'm saying that Farmar should do the same as that, and he should improve his defense too.

Don't come out with the Bynum = Shaq, Kobe > MJ things with me, since I've not said any of that. I've said that Jordan Farmar has started his career off extremely similar to how Tony Parker started his, why is it so hard to believe that Farmar might, just might go on to have a similar career?

$ NyC $
10-01-2008, 09:42 AM
I dunno, he has a decent jump shot i guess and his drives are alright but he's nothing really special. I see him being an average PG at best. Maybe average 14 and 5? But with the Lakers, max he can average is like 12, they already got 4 options. BTW, Sun Yue once scored what was it, 12 points 14 rebounds 12 assists 10 blocks 8 block and 4 steals in one game and he's 6'9. I would take him over Farmar anyday. If you don't believe those stats here's a link, http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/08085sunyuesigned.html