PDA

View Full Version : Bynum Hype replaces Oden Hype

oldenpolynice
09-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Think the Oden hype in August was annoying? Well, then get ready for a wave of more annoying stuff from the basketball press. The L.A. media is already annointing the Lakers as the 2008-09 champions, with Andrew Bynum at the center of the hype.

There are roughly 3,000,000 stories about him right now.

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2008/09/29/bynum-hype-overtakes-oden-hype/

LayZbone
09-29-2008, 02:45 PM
I would LOVE to see L.A. v. Portland in the playoffs: Bynum v. Oden.

S.J.Basketball
09-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Think the Oden hype in August was annoying? Well, then get ready for a wave of more annoying stuff from the basketball press. The L.A. media is already annointing the Lakers as the 2008-09 champions, with Andrew Bynum at the center of the hype.

There are roughly 3,000,000 stories about him right now.

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2008/09/29/bynum-hype-overtakes-oden-hype/

You sound like a jealous ex-girlfriend.

Bynum will be beastly and finally prove to the haters why LA fans feel he's a top center in the league. Period.

oldenpolynice
09-29-2008, 03:04 PM

Bynum will be beastly and finally prove to the haters why LA fans feel he's a top center in the league. Period.

Lol. Yeah, I am pretty jealous. Not afraid to admit it. I love Oden and it's really weird to me that all the reports on him have dried up and disappeared.

JordansBulls
09-29-2008, 03:17 PM
The only problem with the Bynum situation right now is that there are 3 other players on the team at this point that are better than he is.

Lkrboy08
09-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Lol. Yeah, I am pretty jealous. Not afraid to admit it. I love Oden and it's really weird to me that all the reports on him have dried up and disappeared.

yeah it dried up because there nothing more to talk about when it come to oden, his still a rookie, hasent even played a game yet...theres so much you can 'hype' for a player who hasent even played yet...

the other hand, byunm.....just compare the laker's style of play, mostly on the defensive end before and after his injury...all i got to say.

I think Byunm is the real deal, theres a reaon for his hype....he deserves the hype...i just dont like to see young players like that run there mouths off at ref's and teamates but oh well...

THE NATION
09-29-2008, 03:37 PM
I think the Hype will be back when he plays in preseason and up to game 1 Bynum vs. Oden. Should be fun to watch. I hope they both live up to the hype, 2 legit centers with D Howard would be great for the NBA. Like they days of Hakeem, Ewing, and Robinson.

ink
09-29-2008, 04:08 PM
The only problem with the Bynum situation right now is that there are 3 other players on the team at this point that are better than he is.

That may not be a problem. It'll take some of the pressure off.

MiamiHeat
09-29-2008, 04:17 PM
there has always been a Bynum "Hype" and Oden "Hype"
it will get bigger when the season starts and when they play each other
can't wait.....:rolleyes:

Lkrboy08
09-29-2008, 04:25 PM
I think the Hype will be back when he plays in preseason and up to game 1 Bynum vs. Oden. Should be fun to watch. I hope they both live up to the hype, 2 legit centers with D Howard would be great for the NBA. Like they days of Hakeem, Ewing, and Robinson.

great point

when shaq was declining, all i heard (or maybe it was just me...dont know) around me was that his the last of the 'true-back-to-the-basket' center...which made me alittle sad..lol...

modern day big's are fun and great for the sport overall but its great to know that we do have some young TRUE centers in the league. cant wait for the season.

btw: Dwight Howard is freakin awasome!! that goofy a $ $....lol :D

Ansy
09-29-2008, 04:28 PM
I keep hearing that Bynum's the 4th best player on his team but if he's healthy and can play full minutes all season long then that just isn't true. His per 36-numbers last year were more impressive than Odom's or Gasol's (16.4ppg/12.7rpg/2.5bpg/63%FG, PER of 22) -- but he couldn't stay on the floor for 36 mpg and of course he could only play 35 games.

But that's the rub -- even when he was playing last year he was only in for 28mpg, and we don't even know if he's going to maintain the level of excellence he was exhibiting last year. They're saying his ability to improve is limited because of his small hands, but they said the same about Jermaine O'Neal who was a true stud when he was healthy.

Oden is a bigger mystery with a much higher ceiling. Basically no center has had his footspeed baseline to baseline and his hands are a great size for a big. They're saying he's a once in a decade center, which is possible.

Both are such big question marks and it's so exciting to think about how they may pan out. Oden has the higher ceiling but he also has the lower floor. I can't wait for the upcoming season and these two are a huge reason why.

oldenpolynice
09-29-2008, 05:09 PM

I think the winner of the match-up will come down to who's more motivated. In my mind, that's Oden. But then again, it seems like Bynum is closer to 100% right now.

Though I guess we have to take his word for that... until we see him play that is.

_Sn1P3r_
09-29-2008, 05:14 PM

Same. I hope they both live up to their hype and will be fun to watch for the years to come.

Tblaze
09-29-2008, 05:15 PM
too early to tell, and I don't mind that some pressure is taken off of oden.

but it has yet to be determined if Gasol its with Bynum, if they do connect I must say that's one hell of a team. But that's the thing with the west, I think the top 6 there can all beat eachother.

Can't wait for the season to start and get some rivalries going :D

cmellofan15
09-29-2008, 05:36 PM
This me doing my Laker hating.

Screw Oden, Mayo will win ROY and Bynum will do OK but Marc Gasol will do better than him...

This is me being realistic

Oden will put up better numbers than Bynum b/c his team is more dependant on him than the Lakers are to Bynum. Also Bynum has two other good rebounders and OK defenders that can fill up his spot. I expect the Blazers to make a bigger improvement by getting their big man than the Lakers.

THE NATION
09-29-2008, 06:19 PM

Screw Oden, Mayo will win ROY and Bynum will do OK but Marc Gasol will do better than him...

Oden will put up better numbers than Bynum b/c his team is more dependant on him than the Lakers are to Bynum. Also Bynum has two other good rebounders and OK defenders that can fill up his spot. I expect the Blazers to make a bigger improvement by getting their big man than the Lakers.

Really? They were 41-41. They are not going to ask him to do too much right away since it will take him a while to adjust from having microfrcture. He will be doing big things by year 2.

cmellofan15
09-29-2008, 06:21 PM
Really? They were 41-41. They are not going to ask him to do too much right away since it will take him a while to adjust from having microfrcture. He will be doing big things by year 2.

Since he missed a WHOLE year I think they are pretty much ready for him to help out Lamarcus Aldridge with the boards and 41-41 would've been good in the West any other year but it didn't even get them 9th so I think they're going to use him as soon as possible...

ragee
09-29-2008, 06:44 PM

I hate the Lakers mainly because of Kobe. I actually like Bynum. He will be one of the best of tge centers in the league, not the best though... That title belongs to Dwight Howard. Oden and Bynum will need to work really hard if they want to take that title away from Dwight.

Lkrboy08
09-29-2008, 07:06 PM

Thats a load of crap if you really think Mark Gasol will do better then byunm.....straight up load crap

kobe24>jordan23
09-29-2008, 07:24 PM
^^ yupp!!

Big Quett
09-29-2008, 07:38 PM
All this is annoying about Oden and Bynum. but atleast Bynum has actually played a game.

cmellofan15
09-29-2008, 07:41 PM
Thats a load of crap if you really think Mark Gasol will do better then byunm.....straight up load crap

I'm sorry do you just skim or can you actually read? Please get back to me on that because I clearly gave my real predictions under that, but i'm sorry I didn't take into account the mentally ill :cool:

FlawlessKB24
09-29-2008, 07:42 PM
well since we're on the subject, you guys should see Bynum
way different than last year
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080929/capt.c07216ac5a9b4303b0183691ae64b9d5.lakers_media _day_basketball_ksd103.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080929/capt.83addf9ec116469dbff98f85fc2071a8.lakers_media _day_basketball_ksd102.jpg
freakin ripped, and he got taller
WOW i cant wait to he silences the haters

dannyking18
09-29-2008, 07:46 PM
seriously oden has not played a freaking game im not hating on oden im not a hater at all,im just being realistic he might be a stud when healthy but we havnt even seen nothing from him.so guys lets all keep our mouth's shut and let him prove him self.if you want to be respected you need to earn it,thats what oden needs to do no hard feeling just being honest,every player has gone threw that shaq,howard and so many.Bynum has already proven himself that he can be a dominating force.so guys please be quiet with all this oden hype let the boy play first then you can talk!...im not a hater i love basketball..

"I Love This Game".

dannyking18
09-29-2008, 07:51 PM
FLAWLESSKB24 were did u get those pics from dude?...been trying see some new pictures of bynum been hearing how ripped he looked now i bealieve it.damn dude is ripped..FLAWLESSKB24 nice work dude.! keep it up.im excited aswell to see oden n bynum.IMO bynum looks more ripped and bulkier than oden...looks at flawlesskb24 pictures he posted..

Beno7500
09-29-2008, 08:10 PM
Oh my god... *sigh*

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-29-2008, 08:15 PM
yeah talk about being annoying

cmellofan15
09-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Like OMG Beno!!!! I totally care about the Lakers!! Don't you!?! :rolleyes:

oldenpolynice
09-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Doesn't really matter how ripped he is. You can work out all day long if you like, but that doesn't give you basketball IQ. Let's see how quickly he fouls out in the first game. My guess is that he'll play 26 minutes or less.

DODGERS&LAKERS
09-29-2008, 09:40 PM
well since we're on the subject, you guys should see Bynum
way different than last year
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080929/capt.c07216ac5a9b4303b0183691ae64b9d5.lakers_media _day_basketball_ksd103.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080929/capt.83addf9ec116469dbff98f85fc2071a8.lakers_media _day_basketball_ksd102.jpg
freakin ripped, and he got taller
WOW i cant wait to he silences the haters

He is on steroids! That is not the body of a 20 year old

lakers4sho
09-29-2008, 09:43 PM
I keep hearing that Bynum's the 4th best player on his team but if he's healthy and can play full minutes all season long then that just isn't true. His per 36-numbers last year were more impressive than Odom's or Gasol's (16.4ppg/12.7rpg/2.5bpg/63%FG, PER of 22) -- but he couldn't stay on the floor for 36 mpg and of course he could only play 35 games.

But that's the rub -- even when he was playing last year he was only in for 28mpg, and we don't even know if he's going to maintain the level of excellence he was exhibiting last year. They're saying his ability to improve is limited because of his small hands, but they said the same about Jermaine O'Neal who was a true stud when he was healthy.

Oden is a bigger mystery with a much higher ceiling. Basically no center has had his footspeed baseline to baseline and his hands are a great size for a big. They're saying he's a once in a decade center, which is possible.

Both are such big question marks and it's so exciting to think about how they may pan out. Oden has the higher ceiling but he also has the lower floor. I can't wait for the upcoming season and these two are a huge reason why.

Umm bro that's Kwame you're talking about there

#1Mavericksfan
09-29-2008, 09:47 PM
He is on steroids! That is not the body of a 20 year old

I think he might be on steroids too because he body did not look anything like that before he got hurt...oh and he kinda looks like Shaq in thoes pics.

oldenpolynice
09-29-2008, 10:08 PM
I think he might be on steroids too because he body did not look anything like that before he got hurt...oh and he kinda looks like Shaq in thoes pics.

Steroids? Doubt that. How many athletes in the NBA have ever been found using steroids?

AllTheWay
09-29-2008, 10:15 PM

:speechless:

Small hands? One of the reason's he was so good last year was because of his rather 'large' hands, which also happened to be softm unlike Kwame, who dropped nearly every pass. Bynum has big soft hands(this sounds really gay, but if you're homophobic, **** you), so I have no idea where you got that from

cmellofan15
09-29-2008, 10:18 PM
:speechless:

Small hands? One of the reason's he was so good last year was because of his rather 'large' hands, which also happened to be softm unlike Kwame, who dropped nearly every pass. Bynum has big soft hands(this sounds really gay, but if you're homophobic, **** you), so I have no idea where you got that from

Hahahahahhahahaha!!!!!!! Everything about that statement was so :censored:ing gay!!!! But I get what you're saying LOL

cmellofan15
09-29-2008, 10:19 PM
Steroids? Doubt that. How many athletes in the NBA have ever been found using steroids?

I don't remember anybody getting tested??? Do you you???? :confused:

SAVAGE CLAW
09-29-2008, 10:22 PM
^Not a chance in hell in fact when David Stern allowed Pros to play FIba Game in 92 he forced an agreement from Fiba in order that Nba players WOULD NOT pass any Dope test on FIba World Cups, European cups or Olympics.

Anybody seen a Kukoc , Dirk or Pau Gasol Picture when they arrived in the Usa, and one two years later?

INDEED steroids are used in Nba.

lakers4sho
09-29-2008, 10:27 PM
^Not a chance in hell in fact when David Stern allowed Pros to play FIba Game in 92 he forced an agreement from Fiba in order that Nba players WOULD NOT pass any Dope test on FIba World Cups, European cups or Olympics.

Anybody seen a Kukoc , Dirk or Pau Gasol Picture when they arrived in the Usa, and one two years later?

INDEED steroids are used in Nba.

Dude, if you have any knowledge on how basketball is played, you would know that steroids doesn't help bball players become better, actually it impedes their game because it makes them heavier.

It's like saying, oh wow Tiger Woods is so good he must be using steroids :rolleyes:

cmellofan15
09-29-2008, 10:27 PM
^ Haha! Now i'm going to start accusing random people of using steriods!

FlawlessKB24
09-29-2008, 10:28 PM
lebron is on steroids!

cmellofan15
09-29-2008, 10:30 PM
Duh! So is SAVAGE CLAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think???

SAVAGE CLAW
09-29-2008, 10:36 PM
No, im on Old Good Laughin Cigars.

Steroids dont help?

Oh man, Pau is so skynny he gets carried out of the picth by more muscular player, oh lord what can we do?.

O Lord Bargnani is so skyny he gets pushed around , what can we do?

O lord Manu is so skynny, someone is going to break his ancle, how can he get more muscular?.

Add anyone that came skinny to the league and is still a league player 5 years later.

All of them gain "Volume".

still1ballin
09-29-2008, 10:37 PM

I'm quoting that.

cmellofan15
09-29-2008, 10:40 PM

Steroids dont help?

Oh man, Pau is so skynny he gets carried out of the picth by more muscular player, oh lord what can we do?.

O lord Manu is so skynny, someone is going to break his ancle, how can he get more muscular?.

Add anyone that came skinny to the league and is still a league player 5 years later.

Somebody needed to juice up Nikoloz Tskitishvili but he wanted to be a loser and not do it. Curse you Nikoloz!!! You could've been the next Pau!!!

cmellofan15
09-29-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm quoting that.

How about a sig bet if you're so sure that Bynum will be better???

lakers4sho
09-29-2008, 11:34 PM

Steroids dont help?

if "steroids" do help...then those 6' 250 pound football linemen should have no problems playing in the NBA at all...

note that I'm not implying that football players are on steroids.

SAVAGE CLAW
09-29-2008, 11:41 PM
wich football players.

The ones that play the ball with their feet? wich ill never know why you call soccer.

Or the ones that play the Ball with their hands and still you call "foot"ball.

The second ones are Undoubtodley submited to Steroids, that kind of Bodies are not made up only with Exercise and heavy weights, its kind of the WWF freaks.

Sheer Steroids dude.

QUICKTRADE
09-29-2008, 11:48 PM
im a laker fans but im not riding the band wagon as i need to see how bynum actually conquer oden, dwight, and yao.

Lost Art
09-30-2008, 12:08 AM
BTW, Bynum is absolutely HUGE now. He's like Shaq was when he came into the league. He's put on a BUNCH of muscle this offseason. Check out the pics (especially the third one), he makes Pau (a legitimate 7 footer) look like a dwarf. Watch out!!!!!

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/a4/fullj.027902741d44012010962f6bc6c5e0da/027902741d44012010962f6bc6c5e0da-getty-82921743jo001_lakers_media_day.jpg

Fireworld
09-30-2008, 12:08 AM
Whats the nba without the hype? we need it.

blackjack_119
09-30-2008, 12:18 AM
BTW, Bynum is absolutely HUGE now. He's like Shaq was when he came into the league. He's put on a BUNCH of muscle this offseason. Check out the pics (especially the third one), he makes Pau (a legitimate 7 footer) look like a dwarf. Watch out!!!!!

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/a4/fullj.027902741d44012010962f6bc6c5e0da/027902741d44012010962f6bc6c5e0da-getty-82921743jo001_lakers_media_day.jpg

I see your ridiculously buff photos of Bynum and raise with ridiculously buff photos of Oden.

http://www.katu.com/sports/29915104.html

I will admit that Oden looks ******** in the photo. He was told to roar (which is dumb to begin with), but it looks like he is either yawning or suffering from hemorrhoids. Bynum is bigger, but Oden is more cut.

P.S. if you watch the video, LaMarcus Aldridge is bigger too.

oldenpolynice
09-30-2008, 12:24 AM
Ok, ok. We get it. Everybody got bigger. It's great. But that doesn't always translate to the court. It's what you can do with that size and strength. I like Oden's on-court intelligence more than Bynum's. I think Oden will be the better player.

oldenpolynice
09-30-2008, 12:24 AM
BTW, where are the pics of buff Roy Hibbert??? Lol.

Faneik
09-30-2008, 12:27 AM
Bynum?

Never heard of him...

Oden? --> Future Hof

SAVAGE CLAW
09-30-2008, 12:30 AM
^strong words coming from a Celtic, you may end up eating them in a year.

Anyway Laker Fans are overating Bynum Big time anyway.

Faneik
09-30-2008, 12:39 AM
^strong words coming from a Celtic, you may end up eating them in a year.

Anyway Laker Fans are overating Bynum Big time anyway.

You caught me...

They are, but I can understand why, I saw him play before he got injured, his efficiency is off of the charts...

I was just joking...

Bynum will solve Lakers frontcourt problems, because Gasol can't!

EH EH EH!

ragee
09-30-2008, 12:40 AM
Bynum?

Never heard of him...

Oden? --> Future Hof

uh oh... a celtic fan bashing on Bynum... now this forum will get interesting... lol... watch out dude, there are a lot of laker fans here...

Oden and Bynum will be one of the most dominating centers in the league... Lets just see who will become better than the other... Can't wait for the season opener! Lets go blazers!!!

ragee
09-30-2008, 12:42 AM
You caught me...

They are, but I can understand why, I saw him play before he got injured, his efficiency is off of the charts...

I was just joking...

Bynum will solve Lakers frontcourt problems, because Gasol can't!

EH EH EH!

Defensive wise, you make a great point.

Faneik
09-30-2008, 12:43 AM
uh oh... a celtic fan bashing on Bynum... now this forum will get interesting... lol... watch out dude, there are a lot of laker fans here...

Oden and Bynum will be one of the most dominating centers in the league... Lets just see who will become better than the other... Can't wait for the season opener! Lets go blazers!!!

:hide:

please don't find out my address and come here kick my ***

ragee
09-30-2008, 12:45 AM
:hide:

please don't find out my address and come here kick my ***

Dude, I hate the Lakers! So lets bash them together! LOL... Well, if Kobe leaves, maybe il be a fan... I like Bynum, Vujacic and Sun Yue...

ARMIN12NBA
09-30-2008, 12:46 AM
A great stat on Bynum is that he holds opposing centers to 42% shooting. That is utterly amazing.

Faneik
09-30-2008, 12:49 AM
Dude, I hate the Lakers! So lets bash them together! LOL... Well, if Kobe leaves, maybe il be a fan... I like Bynum, Vujacic and Sun Yue...

Actually I like Kobe.

For being a ball-hog and not trusting his teammates.

Faneik
09-30-2008, 12:50 AM
I like Vujacic too...

Sometimes I watch his performance in the last minute of the Finals' Game 6.

SAVAGE CLAW
09-30-2008, 12:51 AM
A great stat on Bynum is that he holds opposing centers to 42% shooting. That is utterly amazing.

Gasol Held Garnett to 47% in the finals.

Yet he is " an awufull defender".

ARMIN12NBA
09-30-2008, 12:54 AM
Gasol Held Garnett to 47% in the finals.

Yet he is " an awufull defender".

Gasol actually held Garnett to 42% shooting in the Finals. The difference is, is that Bynum did this consistently over 35 games and not just a 6 game series. Also, Bynum is holding centers who shoot within a few feet from the basket to 42% shooting! Gasol held Garnett to 42% shooting in the Finals when Garnett is primarily a jump-shooter and rarely ever goes into the post.

Faneik
09-30-2008, 12:56 AM
Gasol actually held Garnett to 42% shooting in the Finals. The difference is, is that Bynum did this consistently over 35 games and not just a 6 game series. Also, Bynum is holding centers who shoot within a few feet from the basket to 42% shooting! Gasol held Garnett to 42% shooting in the Finals when Garnett is primarily a jump-shooter and rarely ever goes into the post.

Wow... Is that an all-time record?

SAVAGE CLAW
09-30-2008, 12:57 AM
^yes but take on account that no matter how near, Centers are normally bad shooters.

And garnett is a very good shooter, holding him to such a bad percentage is an acomplishment on its own.

Can you check the % that Camby, Boozer and Td did against L.a?

Yet pau is " soft" and bla bla and the responsible for the finals loss and bla bla

Faneik
09-30-2008, 12:58 AM
hey savage,

shouldn't you be sleeping?

it's 7.00 am in zaragotham.

SAVAGE CLAW
09-30-2008, 01:00 AM
Im at Work Now.

I work in a Hotel doing the night rotation 12 in the night until 8 in the morning.

Faneik
09-30-2008, 01:01 AM
Im at Work Now.

I work in a Hotel doing the night rotation 12 in the night until 8 in the morning.

que bien!

yo estoy borracho tio!

SAVAGE CLAW
09-30-2008, 01:02 AM
That sounds like something Hellcrooner says when he comes around here on weekends.

Faneik
09-30-2008, 01:03 AM
That sounds like something Hellcrooner says when he comes around here on weekends.

EH EH EH!

Estoy en Portugal!

theimortalone
09-30-2008, 01:04 AM
que bien!

yo estoy borracho tio!

Inglis???? :eyebrow:

ARMIN12NBA
09-30-2008, 01:05 AM
^yes but take on account that no matter how near, Centers are normally bad shooters.

And garnett is a very good shooter, holding him to such a bad percentage is an acomplishment on its own.

Can you check the % that Camby, Boozer and Td did against L.a?

Yet pau is " soft" and bla bla and the responsible for the finals loss and bla bla

Whoa Savage. If you have ever read my posts, you would know that I think Gasol is a pretty solid defender and is not soft at all. I think we have even had a conversation about this before.

Gasol played some really good defense in the playoffs. He held Camby to a ridiculously low percentage, but that is expected from Camby. He held Boozer to 42%, Duncan to 41%, and KG to 42%. He did very well.

Although centers are normally bad shooters, it doesn't change the fact that they don't shoot! Centers are usually in the post and extremely close to the basket. They usually lay it in or dunk it or just put up a hook shot. The fact that Bynum held these centers to 42% over 35 games is pretty amazing IMO and anybody who knows basketball would agree.

Wow... Is that an all-time record?

Very funny. In comparison to 6 games, 35 games is very good. Not to mention that 35 games is a very large sample size anyways. It is almost half the season. You are telling me that Bynum was going to tail off and start allowing centers to shoot over 50% in the second half. His offense may slow down, but defense is one thing that is pretty constant in the NBA.

SAVAGE CLAW
I think we better talk in english, so people in the boards understand.

I dont speak portuguese tough, i think Crooner Does.

theimortalone
Im at Work Now.

I know how you feel. I am working right now too :mad:

Faneik
Hellcrooner is great!

To him spanish players are the best!

Just like you...

To Hellcrooner Marc Gasol is the next Sabonis.

I've never seen Marc shoot a 3 though...

SAVAGE CLAW
09-30-2008, 01:06 AM
Nah, Armin im just being Ironic, since its a cliche to say such things about Pau and underate him basing on false premises.

People should know about those stats.

Faneik
09-30-2008, 01:09 AM
Gasol is the 2nd best European player ever, Dirk is 1st...

For now. Rubio is coming.

Faneik
09-30-2008, 01:09 AM
Petrovic(R.I.P.) was pretty azaming too!

Hell of a scorer...

SAVAGE CLAW
09-30-2008, 01:10 AM
Well here in Spain we happen to be very proud about how our players are playing and the level of play they are giving in the Nba, and we feel some of them have been underated for example Calderon when people in usa said he wasnt better than Ford, Time proved us right.

Now people is Underating Rudy for Example, you read rotations from fans who have him as the THIRD stringer behind Roy and Bayless!!!.

Marc---Sabonis....

Mmm hughe, White, Soft touch to the basket....

Yes he shots some threes too well at least he was last years Mvp and voted a lot of times Player of the week, in fact breaking Sabonis Record.

Still i will consider myself satisfied with him if he Reaches Harvey Grants status.

Faneik
09-30-2008, 01:13 AM
I love Rudy's energy, not so much his turn-overs...

Marc Gasol will have a nice career, he is slow but his fundamentals are there.

SAVAGE CLAW
09-30-2008, 01:15 AM
I look at it that way

is Marc worst than.... Ostertag, Geiger, Maculloch,Montross, Cherokee Parks? ,Reeves?

No?

Then he will have a good career as an starter.

Faneik
09-30-2008, 01:18 AM
To be a starter he'll have to be a top-30 center.

I think he is right now...

I'd love him to split 24 minutes with Perkins in my Celtics. (Perkins fouls a lot early)

He would be a starter for Miami.

He might be a starter right now in Memphis.

SAVAGE CLAW
09-30-2008, 01:23 AM
He could start in Many teams i think:

Boston

New Jersey

Atlanta ( Allowing Horford to play his True Pf Position)

Charlotte ^idem with Okafor.

Orlando ^Idem with Howard.

Miami

Washington

Chicago

Detroit

Indiana

Golden State

Sacramento

Dallas

San Antonio

Memphis

Okc

Denver

Utah

MInessota ( Move Al to Pf).

Faneik
09-30-2008, 01:26 AM
Wow...

You really believe in Marc.

Is he better than the Nets' Lopez?

SAVAGE CLAW
09-30-2008, 01:33 AM
Today yes, because he has played Por basketball for quite a time.

If we talk bout upside then i dont know.

lakers4sho
09-30-2008, 01:40 AM
Nah, Armin im just being Ironic, since its a cliche to say such things about Pau and underate him basing on false premises.

People should know about those stats.

Armin said that Bynum holds centers to 42% FG

Pau held KG to 42% FG

HOWEVER, KG is NOT a center.

Faneik
09-30-2008, 01:43 AM
Today yes, because he has played Por basketball for quite a time.

If we talk bout upside then i dont know.

Fair enough.

We'll have to wait and see.

Vidball
09-30-2008, 02:19 AM
Marc Gasol nem sabe jogar...ele e lixo :)

I lived in Brasil for a couple years :D

da wood
09-30-2008, 02:26 AM
we just stopped talking about bynum ad oden all together huh

JayW_1023
09-30-2008, 04:27 AM
I think both players will be really good defensive players, but Bynum definately has the edge in offense right now.

THE NATION
09-30-2008, 10:30 AM

I don't know if you are trying to say Bynum is better than Gasol but he is not. In the Playoffs Gasol held Boozer to 40% while Boozer was over 50% in the regular season. He held Tim Duncan to 42.6% while Duncan was at 49.7% in the regular season. He held KG to 42% while KG was at 53% for the regular season. He held Camby to 23% and Camby shot 45% in the regular season. Thats 21 games against some of the best Bigs in the game compared to 35 games where Bynum didn't always play against a top flight big man because they played teams like the Sonics, NY, Phili, Chicago...

oldenpolynice
09-30-2008, 04:44 PM
I don't know if you are trying to say Bynum is better than Gasol but he is not. In the Playoffs Gasol held Boozer to 40% while Boozer was over 50% in the regular season. He held Tim Duncan to 42.6% while Duncan was at 49.7% in the regular season. He held KG to 42% while KG was at 53% for the regular season. He held Camby to 23% and Camby shot 45% in the regular season. Thats 21 games against some of the best Bigs in the game compared to 35 games where Bynum didn't always play against a top flight big man because they played teams like the Sonics, NY, Phili, Chicago...

How much of that was Gasol? And how much can be attributed to nerves, tougher road crowds, and better team defense from the rest of the Lakers? The playoffs are a whole different animal from the regular season.

Sure, those players saw lower shooting percentages. But you can't necessarily attribute that directly to Gasol.

jphxsuns
09-30-2008, 04:57 PM
ok im gunna get alot of trash for saying this, but i dont think bynum is that great. hes good, but shouldnt get this much hype. look at his stats before he got hurt:

13.1 ppg, 10.2 rebounds, 2.1 blocks, .636 fg%

dont get me wrong. those are very very good numbers

now look at the numbers shaquille o'neal put up with the phx suns:

12.9 ppg, 10.6 rebounds, 1.6 blocks, .611 fg%

if you guys are all takling about how bynum is great and shaq is done, i want you all to look at those numbers and shut up because Shaq is just as good.

owned

ManChild
09-30-2008, 05:10 PM
This is truly sad. The man had a good stretch of games and people are already proclaiming him as a legend, a future hall of famer. I cannot wait to see the reactions of Laker fans if

1)They don't win a championship(the dynasty comments are irritating)

2)Bynum doesn't do as good as Laker fans hyped.

THE NATION
09-30-2008, 05:10 PM
ok im gunna get alot of trash for saying this, but i dont think bynum is that great. hes good, but shouldnt get this much hype. look at his stats before he got hurt:

if you guys are all takling about how bynum is great and shaq is done, i want you all to look at those numbers and shut up because Shaq is just as good.

owned
Shaq is OLD and on the DECLINE while Bynum is YOUNG and up and coming. How's my *** taste?

ManChild
09-30-2008, 05:11 PM
This is truly sad. The man had a good stretch of games and people are already proclaiming him as a legend, a future hall of famer. I cannot wait to see the reactions of Laker fans if

THE NATION
09-30-2008, 05:12 PM

Grab a snickers because you will have to wait a while..

Vidball
09-30-2008, 05:12 PM
^^^lol...except Bynum is 20 and literally saw his averages go up every single month (17 and 12 the month he got hurt). Bynum is on the way up, Shaq is on the way down.

jphxsuns...you just got owned :D

(btw, Shaq's lateral quickness and jumping ability are all but gone...he's a bit of a liability whenever the opposing team can run--Drew is the opposite)

Vidball
09-30-2008, 05:13 PM
Shaq is OLD and on the DECLINE while Bynum is YOUNG and up and coming. How's my *** taste?

lol

Vidball
09-30-2008, 05:15 PM
This is truly sad. The man had a good stretch of games and people are already proclaiming him as a legend, a future hall of famer.

?
:crazy:

ManChild
09-30-2008, 05:21 PM
Ok. Make this young center get consumed by his ridiculous hype.

ragee
09-30-2008, 08:18 PM
I like Vujacic too...

Sometimes I watch his performance in the last minute of the Finals' Game 6.

Are you talking about the isolation the Celtics pulled on him when he was guarding Allen in the middle of the court?!:laugh: Poor guy! Nobody even bothered to help him out! LMAO

ragee
09-30-2008, 08:22 PM
Gasol is the 2nd best European player ever, Dirk is 1st...

For now. Rubio is coming.

Did anyone sya that Gasol is the best European player in the league? Sorry... just skimming... lol... He is nowhere near Dirk!!!!! And amen to Rubio!!! I am waiting for that guy too! Hope Pritchard can pull another fast one and land him in the Blazers!

cmellofan15
09-30-2008, 09:30 PM

owned

:clap:

That's not 30 games either *****es

ARMIN12NBA
09-30-2008, 10:13 PM
:clap:

That's not 30 games either *****es

:laugh2: Shaq played 28 games with the Suns...Hahahaha. Bynum played 35 this season. Bynum's sample of games was actually more than Shaq's!!!

BTW--When a 20 year old averaged that much, it is much much more impressive because that means he is not even close to his prime and is about 6-7 years away from hitting his potential. Shaq is 36 years old and he IS on the decline.

jphxsuns
10-04-2008, 02:00 AM
you gys are all ********. bynum has a good frst few games and your proclaiming him to be a hall of famer and the next best center and blah blah blah. once he actually proves himself for a fool season, then go on and talk about how amazing he is, but until hes only averaged 13 points per game in a stretch of about 35 games, stop saying hes so amazing and blah blah blah.

LakerzDQ
10-04-2008, 02:10 AM
you gys are all ********. bynum has a good frst few games and your proclaiming him to be a hall of famer and the next best center and blah blah blah. once he actually proves himself for a fool season, then go on and talk about how amazing he is, but until hes only averaged 13 points per game in a stretch of about 35 games, stop saying hes so amazing and blah blah blah.

It's actually not the 13 ppg, nor the 10 rpg. It was the consistent rate at which he was improving in his game. and nobody claims Bynum to be a hall of famer or the future best center. what everyone is saying is that with Bynum, we will win the championship. if that is so ridiculous, please explain to me why.

ARMIN12NBA
10-04-2008, 02:28 AM

Who is saying that?

Somebody said something very interesting about Bynum:

"It's not that Bynum is expected to be the savior because he is so great. It's that he meets a specific need the Lakers have. Don't confuse the high expectations as being simply because of Bynum like he is the one man savior of the Lakers. Look at it as the final piece of a puzzle."

It's not that he is expected to be this almighty savior, but he fills a simple need. Defense and rebounding. He does both naturally. Think of it as the "final piece of a puzzle." The Lakers were 2 games away from the championship with alright defense and rebounding. Bynum fills a hole, which happens to be both of those things. So stop with the Bynum overrated crap! It gets annoying.

JayW_1023
10-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Bynum showed promise, but he isn't an elite big man yet...for that we need more proof than shown in 35 games.

I do like that Bynum, Oden and Howard kind of represent a return of the back to the basket player...Tim Duncan and Shaq need a heir apperant as the leagues most dominant post player.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Who is saying that?

Somebody said something very interesting about Bynum:

"It's not that Bynum is expected to be the savior because he is so great. It's that he meets a specific need the Lakers have. Don't confuse the high expectations as being simply because of Bynum like he is the one man savior of the Lakers. Look at it as the final piece of a puzzle."

It's not that he is expected to be this almighty savior, but he fills a simple need. Defense and rebounding. He does both naturally. Think of it as the "final piece of a puzzle." The Lakers were 2 games away from the championship with alright defense and rebounding. Bynum fills a hole, which happens to be both of those things. So stop with the Bynum overrated crap! It gets annoying.

Exactly. Not one Laker fan is saying that Bynum is going to come in this year and score 30 points and grab 13 rebounds. We are just saying he is a very good 3rd or 4th option to have. We dont need to dump the ball into him and let him go to work like they would for Yao or Al Jefferson. We are just saying he is "Great" at what we need him to do which includes: Be a huge body, grab rebounds, alter shots, block shots, set good screens, finish strong at the basket. He already does all those things very well. That is why Laker fans are so excited about this kid, cause a lot of us think he will help some of the Lakers weaknesses. Thats it.

JayW_1023
10-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Bynum being a 20, 13 guy in two years is definately NOT a long shot. If that's what is being meant.

I don't expect Kobe to decline that fast...heck Jordan was winning championships at 36. Kobe's window isn't closed, and with a prospect like Bynum it's pretty understandable why Lakers fans (and non-Lakers fans for that matter) are excited about the kid.

The fact that Bynum made a huge leap last year from the year before is a great indication that he is maturing.

Still he is being overrated...heck a 85 rating in 2k9 is ridiculous.