PDA

View Full Version : Arnaz Battle

DownSouth49er
09-29-2008, 03:36 AM
I don't know if you guys have noticed or not, but this is the 2nd game in which battle has came to play....he was clutch against the seahawks and if it weren't for some of his catches in the first half, we wouldn't have been in that game in the 2nd half....and today it seemed like he was the only guy on the field that came play for us...i've always said he could flourish in martz offense and he is proving me right....we talk about everyone else and what they are doing or not doing, but we have seriously overlooked battle

DownSouth49er
09-29-2008, 11:58 AM
wow this thread has been viewd 27 times and no1 showed any love for battle, that's not right

FNM BOY
09-29-2008, 12:08 PM
like me people are just pissed with yesterdays game...But yeah Battle is a soild receiver...and will only get better. We just have to get it together as a team and really want to win. For the amount of key injuries the Saints had we should have won that game....our offense and defense played like S H I T...and our secondary got eaten alive. They have no excuse in my view!!

NinerNation
09-29-2008, 02:37 PM
yeah, one thing he does, which we havent had in a while, is catch the ball! he does it consistently. He might not be the fastest or the biggest guy, but he has good hands. I love this guy.

rapjuicer06
09-29-2008, 03:17 PM
he is a really solid player. he does all the fundamentals as good or better than most. he reminds me of a Hines Ward type receiver. not fast, not huge, but will do whatever it takes to win. blocks well for a receiver and catches everything and will take a hit. the niners did play like crap. they really need to start blocking, and they really need to get pressure on the opposing teams qb or this might be a long year. but i think they'll turn it around, need some more consistency with this team.

bigmac8675
09-29-2008, 03:39 PM
I love Battle.... he always seems sure-handed. He is one of those quiet producers and the guy thats always making a play. I never really had a problem with him as one of our starters, but he is also doing a good job as the #3 guy.

The Anomoly
09-29-2008, 03:45 PM
Battle is a gamer. End of story

NorCalzimm
09-29-2008, 04:41 PM
Battle always shows up and plays- Doesnt whine, complain- Just freakin plays and it pays off.

FrumDaBay
09-29-2008, 06:16 PM
lets just leave him has the #3, take the pressure off of him by letting bruce and BJ run their routs and stick the #3CB on Battle... ill take that match up anyday...

Tmac416
09-29-2008, 08:48 PM
batlle is a great number 3. he is not a 2 though much like stokely and az hakim and other #3 wr who produce but then try to go be number 2's and fail. all of battles skills make him a greta number 3. but if he is number 2 then you need an upgrade

ESaady
09-30-2008, 01:26 AM
If JJ Stokes was able to play as a number 2 on the other side of Jerry Rice, I'm pretty sure Arnaz Battle would be able to be a number 2 and play better. He has a pair of great hands and he plays hard on every down. Sure he doesn't have blazing speed and isn't large, but his route running is above average and that's what gets him open.

DownSouth49er
09-30-2008, 02:13 AM
i absolutely love the guy....and like FNM BOY sain in his post, the secondary got eaten alive...and that really shocked me the way they performed against the saints backup wideouts....i know one thing, i won't be lookin forward to facing a bruised and battered team...because we had hell with the hawks backup wideouts and hell with NO's

DerekRE_3
09-30-2008, 02:13 AM
Battle is one of my favorite 49ers, after Gore and Willis. He's been our most consistent WR for a while now. He's just very solid, and can make plays. He's the guy I'd go to on 3rd down. He can break tackles and make things happen.

My desktop background just happens to be Arnaz Battle.

DownSouth49er
09-30-2008, 02:14 AM
Battle is one of my favorite 49ers, after Gore and Willis. He's been our most consistent WR for a while now. He's just very solid, and can make plays. He's the guy I'd go to on 3rd down. He can break tackles and make things happen.

My desktop background just happens to be Arnaz Battle.

:clap:

DerekRE_3
09-30-2008, 02:19 AM
:clap:

In fact, here is a pic of my Arnaz Battle background.

http://i37.tinypic.com/nwhowz.png

DownSouth49er
09-30-2008, 02:36 AM
^ sweet, im gonna have to put this as mine, lol

bigmac8675
09-30-2008, 02:46 AM
In fact, here is a pic of my Arnaz Battle background.

http://i37.tinypic.com/nwhowz.png

Thats sick.... I like it.

DerekRE_3
09-30-2008, 02:47 AM
Here's a link if anyone is interested.

http://www.49ers.com/nm_files/Image/fanzone/wallpapers/1024x768/1024x768_battle.jpg

Darren5000
09-30-2008, 03:05 AM
like me people are just pissed with yesterdays game...But yeah Battle is a soild receiver...and will only get better. We just have to get it together as a team and really want to win. For the amount of key injuries the Saints had we should have won that game....our offense and defense played like S H I T...and our secondary got eaten alive. They have no excuse in my view!!

I thought it was a step closer to team improvement and I leave it at that. But first it was Bruce, now it's Battle, who's next to attempt to be #1? We need a #1 WR. I still feel Battle should've been cut, Lelie kept. Very dumb moves by The Nolan.:rolleyes:

DerekRE_3
09-30-2008, 03:13 AM
I thought it was a step closer to team improvement and I leave it at that. But first it was Bruce, now it's Battle, who's next to attempt to be #1? We need a #1 WR. I still feel Battle should've been cut, Lelie kept. Very dumb moves by The Nolan.:rolleyes:

Are you serious? Lelie was always getting hurt. Yes he was fast, but that's it. he was too frail to be depended on. Battle has been our most dependable WR for the last 3 years. He's not a #1 guy, but that doesn't mean he should be cut. I see Battle as being a solid #3 guy on a good team. He's definitely a keeper.

KenTHEsfKING
09-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Here's a link if anyone is interested.

http://www.49ers.com/nm_files/Image/fanzone/wallpapers/1024x768/1024x768_battle.jpg

mad props for the desktop and link player

battle has been one of my fav wrs we've had too since he was drafted - i can't wait to see the double pass from him to morgan this year in a game that counts.

as for the game itself,i'm sorry guys, i had to work this security gig and i couldn't watch it.

but i have been propositioned to attend the pats game and i am inclined to see one of my fav tuff guys of all time get #8 retired at halftime.

young is a beast and i think jto fits a similar mold.

i am also cool with jto's performance on sunday - i have not seen it but from what i have read he took a pounding.

jennings is out and that sucks but so does he anyway - i was pissed when he was not traded in the off season - we (let me put this in caps so you know i'm serious) REALLY NEED TO TARGET A RT IN RD 1 NEXT YEAR.

in the interim i hope they work either snyder at RT or rachal - either way i am ready to see rachal on the line - earn that money babey!

Darren5000
09-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Are you serious? Lelie was always getting hurt. Yes he was fast, but that's it. he was too frail to be depended on. Battle has been our most dependable WR for the last 3 years. He's not a #1 guy, but that doesn't mean he should be cut. I see Battle as being a solid #3 guy on a good team. He's definitely a keeper.

I'm just pointing out we don't have team chemistry. For example, Issac Bruce seemed to be a go to, but now it seems to be Arnaz Battle. Then you claim Arnaz is a #3, but I thought Hill or Morgan are the slotted #3 WR. The WRs that are out there, minus a #1 are Bruce, B Johnson, Hill, Morgan, then Battle. Battle is a #5 to me on the depth chart, how is he the #3 when he didn't even do anything in exhibition? That's the example of why I frown on 49ers exhibition because we are giving Battle a slot he did not earn nor played for it whereas Hill/Morgan did play in exhibition--didn't they?

If Lelie was frail, how come the Raiders are relying on him? I'm tired of our cast offs becoming Raiders.

FNM BOY
09-30-2008, 03:59 PM
I'm just pointing out we don't have team chemistry. For example, Issac Bruce seemed to be a go to, but now it seems to be Arnaz Battle. Then you claim Arnaz is a #3, but I thought Hill or Morgan are the slotted #3 WR. The WRs that are out there, minus a #1 are Bruce, B Johnson, Hill, Morgan, then Battle. Battle is a #5 to me on the depth chart, how is he the #3 when he didn't even do anything in exhibition? That's the example of why I frown on 49ers exhibition because we are giving Battle a slot he did not earn nor played for it whereas Hill/Morgan did play in exhibition--didn't they?

If Lelie was frail, how come the Raiders are relying on him? I'm tired of our cast offs becoming Raiders.

You always make very irrational statements! Just because Isaac had an off day and Battle had a good day doesn't mean they switch roles, or Battle is now #1 and Bruce is now # 3. Thats such a dumb example....I know its a norm for you but I just had to point that out!

DerekRE_3
09-30-2008, 05:24 PM

When you say that the problem with the Niners WR is the fact that we don't have a #1 guy. I'd agree with you on that. We don't. We have a lot of #2's and #3's. Bryant Johnson and Bruce are #2's to me. And Battle would be a great #3 to have if we had a true #1. But the season has started, the draft has happened. The earliest we can attempt to get a #1 is in the offseason.

And why would you bring up the fact that Battle did not do well in preseason? That makes no sense at all. It's called preseason for a reason. All that matters is what Battle does during the season. And so far he has produced this year and the past two seasons. What has Hill done? Nothing. Morgan is a rookie, a good one, but still just a rookie.

And what does the fact that we've had a different WR step up every week have to with team chemistry? All that it shows is that we have different guys that step up every week. As long as someone does, that's all that matters.

ESaady
09-30-2008, 07:29 PM

Look at how good the Raiders are doing. They are in a bigger bind than we are.

DerekRE_3
09-30-2008, 08:55 PM

Thank you.

ninerfan609
09-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Arnaz battle was a beast against NO...i was happy at the waay he was catching the bullet passes.

bornFrisco49er
09-30-2008, 09:40 PM
battle has always been solid..he just needs to get more looks

rapjuicer06
10-01-2008, 12:06 AM
sooo annoying....by his reasoning(darren) lt should not be playing either

Darren5000
10-01-2008, 03:24 AM

What bind? They were playing better football, yet Uncle Al sacks Kiffin for no reason, then puts out a kryptic letter in the Tribune about it! Too bad the Yorks are not geniuses like that are they? They prefer to honor the contract of Nolan to further F the team along. I don't trust the Yorks. I know they're planning to jet this team off to LA soon.

ESaady
10-01-2008, 07:52 PM
What bind? They were playing better football, yet Uncle Al sacks Kiffin for no reason, then puts out a kryptic letter in the Tribune about it! Too bad the Yorks are not geniuses like that are they? They prefer to honor the contract of Nolan to further F the team along. I don't trust the Yorks. I know they're planning to jet this team off to LA soon.

1. The Raiders suck
2. If they played better football than us, they wouldn't have had their defense collapse 2 weeks in a row.
3. Seems as though you are taking the advice I gave you in the other thread about how we should blame the Yorks for everything.
4. Oh and since you seem to know everything, who will be the next head coach of the 49ers?