PDA

View Full Version : Fire Mike Nolan

Thatruth32
09-23-2008, 06:11 PM
sup fellas been a few weeks since i been on tha site after being on it everday for a few months just been mad busy with work im going to try and get on more i like reading what everbody has to say...

hey did anybody bust that one seahaws fan that kept talkin crap in our forums? i hope yall did because boy was he talkin alot anyways just saying sup to the boards since i havent been on in a min

also all you nolan haters i told you guys i was going to bust you out if we did good this season... im not bustin anybody yet because were only 2-1 but i havent forgot about all you guys :)

KenTHEsfKING
09-23-2008, 06:17 PM
fsho playboi - i hope things work out well for you...

about that hawks fan - he kin kiss ma grits!

lol - all i kept sayin was i can't wait til we play them in SEA - and guess what we f-ing won!!!

so yeah let's attack that guy in the seahawk forum.

as far as nolan haters go - i'm in line with you - too early to make any call on that note

however i think he is a helluva DC - and we should keep him as that at the very least.

i'm looking forward to VD in a dome - boy is he fast and turf is faster than grass - so hopefully he gets a chance to do something - btw - i really liked that cool *** TE screen - helluva play call.

martz is tite and has earned my vote - go 9ers!!

Thatruth32
09-23-2008, 06:20 PM
yea cant wait very winable game with no colston or shockey...

THE NATION
09-23-2008, 06:20 PM
sup fellas been a few weeks since i been on tha site after being on it everday for a few months just been mad busy with work im going to try and get on more i like reading what everbody has to say...

hey did anybody bust that one seahaws fan that kept talkin crap in our forums? i hope yall did because boy was he talkin alot anyways just saying sup to the boards since i havent been on in a min

also all you nolan haters i told you guys i was going to bust you out if we did good this season... im not bustin anybody yet because were only 2-1 but i havent forgot about all you guys :)
It all Martz, If he leaves next year we will be back to where we were last year.

Thatruth32
09-23-2008, 06:37 PM
^ most is martz.... i dont want to get into a whole nolan thing rite now lets just enjoy2-1 but martz didnt build this roster nolan did remember that... and nolan i know has 0% to do with the O but he still brought in the talent

plus u cant bust nolans balls when we lose and not give him any credit when we win... took a man to bring in someone he knew if we turned it around that martz would get most of the credit...

KenTHEsfKING
09-23-2008, 07:17 PM
^ most is martz.... i dont want to get into a whole nolan thing rite now lets just enjoy2-1 but martz didnt build this roster nolan did remember that... and nolan i know has 0% to do with the O but he still brought in the talent

plus u cant bust nolans balls when we lose and not give him any credit when we win... took a man to bring in someone he knew if we turned it around that martz would get most of the credit...

real talk.com :clap:

9erlakesdodgers
09-23-2008, 07:34 PM
good stuff man, yea you are right people just criticize and when something good happens there's always an excuse or a reason why we won that isn't valid. waa waa seattle were hurt and waa waa detroit sucks. Well look fellas last 4 years we couldn't beat a team that was hurt, and we def couldn't crush a team that was weaker than us. Guess what, we are doing what good teams are supposed to do, win under pressure and adversity and take care of weaker teams with ease. boomshakalaka. As i said before, these wins build confidence and hope to our players going into a big games and similar situations. We are mentally strong, I mean look at all our guys jumping around celebrating together, getting the crowd going. This is what winning football is all about and these aren't like the wins we got with Eriksson or the 4 wins in Nolan's first year. These are legitimate wins with a strong core of players that are finally living up to their potential and their paychecks. Get some. Keep it real Niner nation.

KenTHEsfKING
09-23-2008, 07:53 PM
good stuff man, yea you are right people just criticize and when something good happens there's always an excuse or a reason why we won that isn't valid. waa waa seattle were hurt and waa waa detroit sucks. Well look fellas last 4 years we couldn't beat a team that was hurt, and we def couldn't crush a team that was weaker than us. Guess what, we are doing what good teams are supposed to do, win under pressure and adversity and take care of weaker teams with ease. boomshakalaka. As i said before, these wins build confidence and hope to our players going into a big games and similar situations. We are mentally strong, I mean look at all our guys jumping around celebrating together, getting the crowd going. This is what winning football is all about and these aren't like the wins we got with Eriksson or the 4 wins in Nolan's first year. These are legitimate wins with a strong core of players that are finally living up to their potential and their paychecks. Get some. Keep it real Niner nation.

I like the (Get Some!!) :clap:

THE NATION
09-23-2008, 11:34 PM

Nolan drafted Alex Smith with the number 1 pick in the Draft, that pick is suppose to be a super star, so we got nothing, we could have had Braylon Edwards. Nolan Drafted V davis at 7, we could have went Defense and picked Antonio Cromartie, or picked a QB like Cutler. He got some good talent in Gore and Willis, but we should hav 2 more superstar players on this roster.

Thatruth32
09-24-2008, 04:42 PM
^ i dont think lewis or nate takeo players like that would be here if nolan wasnt a really good d coach and able to get him here.... i know alot had to do with money but again im not trying to get into a nolan bashing i just dont think its fair nolan is getting set up to lose even by the fans when we are winning i like nolan... i like his short answers and smart comments to me thats how a football coach should be... like ehhh ur the media or a fan u dont need to know what im thking 24/7 or what goes on in the locker room so i like his swag when it comes to that.... anyways just saying sup fellas and im back on the boards...

Darren5000
09-29-2008, 12:19 AM
Hmmmmm?
You thought that everything looked really great on the team
But I knew the Saints were going to win big. Here's why:

No #1 WR
Our Secondary got schooled by Lamar Moore, and he's like the what, no 3, no 5 WR on New Orleans?:eyebrow:
JT showed he is a journeyman...6 sacks, couple of picks?

But most of all, we need to FIRE NOLAN

Remember that, I am going to predict right now, we are going on a 6 game losing streak. You heard me, a 6 game losing streak. We will not win another game until we play the Rams.

And that's like what, 6 weeks from now?:speechless:

REmember, we have to FIRE NOLAN and maybe get rid of JT.

bigmac8675
09-29-2008, 12:22 AM
He's back..... /thread please!

Vegasguy80
09-29-2008, 12:22 AM
These mods never learn do they?

Darren5000
09-29-2008, 12:24 AM
Tomorrow night after 8:30pm, I will be on the Damon bruce show asking him flat out who's your daddy now? Who is the miserable fan? I am going to have such fun with old Damon tomorrow night. That's what happens when you pull the wagon before the horse. Remember that.

So like who won again? saints? Score?:D I did predict Saints 35, 49ers 14, and I did not play the madden. I didn't play it all.

Darren5000
09-29-2008, 12:26 AM

Uh, we don't need this or is this instigating? The polite thing to say would've been 'hey buddy, I admit as a 49ers fan that I was wrong about you. you do know a lot about the 49ers and you were right when you said the saints were going to beat us.'

Look, if it'll make you happy, I'll give the 49ers the Pats game, even though Brady is not playing. But the 49ers are at home so if they want to beat the pats and save Nolan's job, that's OK by me. I'll be working anyway.:D

jason17
09-29-2008, 12:27 AM
No what did I tell you when I said 9ers aren't going 11-5. But they have the talent but not the right staff if anything put Mike Martz as the HC.

bornFrisco49er
09-29-2008, 12:29 AM
No what did I tell you when I said 9ers aren't going 11-5. But they have the talent but not the right staff if anything put Mike Martz as the HC.

lmao who said 11-5? make sure u find out which fan it was..ive always said 6-9 wins this season..

btw congrats on beating the cowboys

downsos
09-29-2008, 12:38 AM

Maybe one of these days they will, and whoever said that we need a thread for the returning darren, the answer is no! He isn't worth the time.

DownSouth49er
09-29-2008, 12:43 AM
lol u guys know you missed darren:laugh::laugh:

Darren5000
09-29-2008, 12:44 AM
ANd why shouldn't there be a thread? Is it really going to kill you people to admit I was right about where the team is? Look again:

Even if I did not watch the game in any way due to my job restrictions, here is what I can clearly see:
No pass rush
A Franklin does NOTHING out there. He needs to be CUT in the worse way if he is letting Bush/McAllister have their way CONSTANTLY with him, 3rd time in a row we let Bush have his way with us!
No established #1 WR
JT is not the QB of the future. He's getting whacked out there because he THINKS he's a JOe Montana or some other pro QB. It doesn't work like that. JT obviously does not know our system.
Nolan has to go.

bornFrisco49er
09-29-2008, 12:46 AM
Hmmmmm?
You thought that everything looked really great on the team
But I knew the Saints were going to win big. Here's why:

No #1 WR
Our Secondary got schooled by Lamar Moore, and he's like the what, no 3, no 5 WR on New Orleans?:eyebrow:
JT showed he is a journeyman...6 sacks, couple of picks?

But most of all, we need to FIRE NOLAN

Remember that, I am going to predict right now, we are going on a 6 game losing streak. You heard me, a 6 game losing streak. We will not win another game until we play the Rams.

And that's like what, 6 weeks from now?:speechless:

REmember, we have to FIRE NOLAN and maybe get rid of JT.

its lance moore...

THE NATION
09-29-2008, 12:50 AM
its lance moore...

:clap::clap::clap:
Good job, you know his name, and he still had a field day, and still is the #5 WR when they are healthy.

Darren5000
09-29-2008, 12:51 AM
:rolleyes:
Lance Moore, wow! If it isn't Colston, it's now Lance Moore! Man, that would've been bad if Seattle had beaten us and the WR of the day was Carlson the reserved TE!:rolleyes:

1 and 3 would've been better for us. That would've put Nolan in very bad territory right now next to Lane Kiffin.

bornFrisco49er
09-29-2008, 12:55 AM
:clap::clap::clap:
Good job, you know his name, and he still had a field day, and still is the #5 WR when they are healthy.

its drew brees u dumby.he doesnt need colston or shockey and hes proved it all 4 games of the season throwing for 300+every game so far..btw are u darren's new b****?

bornFrisco49er
09-29-2008, 12:56 AM
:rolleyes:
Lance Moore, wow! If it isn't Colston, it's now Lance Moore! Man, that would've been bad if Seattle had beaten us and the WR of the day was Carlson the reserved TE!:rolleyes:

1 and 3 would've been better for us. That would've put Nolan in very bad territory right now next to Lane Kiffin.

hes a starter..u dont realize that good qbs can help young and no name players produce..

downsos
09-29-2008, 01:23 AM
ANd why shouldn't there be a thread? Is it really going to kill you people to admit I was right about where the team is? Look again:

Even if I did not watch the game in any way due to my job restrictions, here is what I can clearly see:
No pass rush
A Franklin does NOTHING out there. He needs to be CUT in the worse way if he is letting Bush/McAllister have their way CONSTANTLY with him, 3rd time in a row we let Bush have his way with us!
No established #1 WR
JT is not the QB of the future. He's getting whacked out there because he THINKS he's a JOe Montana or some other pro QB. It doesn't work like that. JT obviously does not know our system.
Nolan has to go.

1. You are right, no pass rush.
2. Wrong, Franklin does less than nothing out there. Oh and Reggie Bust oops I mean Bush didn't do **** 10 carries for 31 yrds and 5 catches for 7 yrds, and Duece didn't exactly light up the scoreboard either.
3. No, we don't have an established #1 WR, but I never said we did.
4. JT is not the future at QB, but neither is Hill, or Smith for that matter and I think we are starting to see the reason why. The OL sucks.
5. If this team does not get better then Nolan should go, but as long as we are tied for 1st it's just not going to happen. I have also been calling for Nolan's head, but the way I see it Nolan needs to make the playoffs and maybe get a win to stay, and if we win I don't care who the coach is. The only way that Martz stays is if JT plays like he did in weeks 2 and 3, if he plays like he did in weeks 1 and 4 then Martz will be gone as well.

Darren5000
09-29-2008, 02:24 AM
And it's not just me saying it, but the Chronicle's blog has a lot of 49ers fans urging for Mike Nolan's removal as Head Coach.

Here is a detailed reason, just look at our record:

NFC North: 2 and 2, with rematch losses to Chicago, Minnesota, and 2 wins to the Lions team
NFC South: 1 and 3, with rematch losses to, who else? New Orleans twice.:speechless: and a W over Tampa Bay without Simeon Rice
NFC East: 0 and 4 with rematch losses to Giants/Eagles
AFC West: 2 and 2, Ws over Oak/Den
AFC South, 1 and 3, W over Texans
**AFC East, 0 and 4 (though Nolan wasn't around), blowout to the Bills, 2 TD loss to the Pats.**
Footnotes: After the Bills 2 beatings to the Seattle/Rams and NYJ's huge thumping of Arizona, I would not be surprised to see another 0 and 4.
AFC North: 1 and 3, W over Bengals.

How is this rebuilding? We don't have a Dline. We don't have a pass rush. We don't have a #1 WR. First it's Bruce, now it's Battle? Who's next? Jason Hill? MOrgan? Establish a #1 WR please. We need a real QB out there. If it's not going to be Smith, it shouldn't be JTO where we pay him 10 million in 09.

It's time for Mike Nolan to go. Let it be by Bye Week, and the only unfortunate way to do it is to just keep losing. I feel if we have a 6 game slide as I see it, Fire mike Nolan!:mad:

This is not a troll or a spam thread.

downsos
09-29-2008, 03:01 AM
Again, if we keep losing then by all means fire Nolan, if JTO sucks for the rest of the year fire Martz as well and let JTO go in the offseason, and if JTO does well we will sign him to a contract and it won't be for 10 million. It will be more like 3 years for 10 million. And losing 6 straight may not be enough to get Nolan fired because as crappy as this division is we can go 8-8 and still make the playoffs. IMO Nolan has to win a playoff game to save his job. JTO has to play well for Martz to keep his job and to stay on as the QB. But, you have to admit the talent we have now is better than when Nolan started, not to give Nolan credit for it, but this team is in better shape(if Nolan gets fired) when he leaves than when he started. I hope I am wrong about most of what I said though, I would love nothing more than this team to prove me wrong and make it to the playoffs and look like they are actually a good team.

Mystic Niner
09-29-2008, 06:37 AM
And it's not just me saying it, but the Chronicle's blog has a lot of 49ers fans urging for Mike Nolan's removal as Head Coach.

Here is a detailed reason, just look at our record:

NFC North: 2 and 2, with rematch losses to Chicago, Minnesota, and 2 wins to the Lions team
NFC South: 1 and 3, with rematch losses to, who else? New Orleans twice.:speechless: and a W over Tampa Bay without Simeon Rice
NFC East: 0 and 4 with rematch losses to Giants/Eagles
AFC West: 2 and 2, Ws over Oak/Den
AFC South, 1 and 3, W over Texans
**AFC East, 0 and 4 (though Nolan wasn't around), blowout to the Bills, 2 TD loss to the Pats.**
Footnotes: After the Bills 2 beatings to the Seattle/Rams and NYJ's huge thumping of Arizona, I would not be surprised to see another 0 and 4.
AFC North: 1 and 3, W over Bengals.

How is this rebuilding? We don't have a Dline. We don't have a pass rush. We don't have a #1 WR. First it's Bruce, now it's Battle? Who's next? Jason Hill? MOrgan? Establish a #1 WR please. We need a real QB out there. If it's not going to be Smith, it shouldn't be JTO where we pay him 10 million in 09.

It's time for Mike Nolan to go. Let it be by Bye Week, and the only unfortunate way to do it is to just keep losing. I feel if we have a 6 game slide as I see it, Fire mike Nolan!:mad:

This is not a troll or a spam thread.

DO you just Copy and paste this stupid as& thread every week, I think you should be fired for Trolling this Thread every week...

Darren5000
09-29-2008, 09:34 AM
DO you just Copy and paste this stupid as& thread every week, I think you should be fired for Trolling this Thread every week...

Are you sure you're a 49ers fan? A real 49ers fan wants what is best for the team, but you just remind me of the 'grazing 49ers fan' on .com that has no reaction to a game like this, nor knows the reality about Mike Nolan. For a 49ers fan, you don't seem to know our history and what Nolan can't do everytime in the big game. It's the same freaking scenario each week, even if the saints were a hurt team, I knew long as Brees/Bush were healthy, something bad was going to come out of it. It's not just what COlston does, somebody else can pick up the pace on that team. Even if the 49ers did what they want in stopping Bush, they showed me yet again they have no pass rush on our defense. That's why Nolan has to go.

Next up, we'll probably make Cassell of the Pats a pro bowler. You watch, it's going to be ugly.

mtt1er
09-29-2008, 10:13 AM
i dont think its martz fault. our recievers are not that good and jt is a pretty good back up and he will shine at times but expect a few fumbles and throwin a few picks in the redzone to continue. nolan should have got the boot last year but i guarantee at the end of this season he will be gone.

leftymo
09-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Great thread.

I took this loss hard b/c of the new few stretches of games, this was the most winnable. It just required good coaching and proper execution. Unfortunately SF's offensive gameplan was awful, and JTO played his worst game.

The defenseive strategy wasn't much better either. Giving up 31 points means the defense didn't show up either.

I was going to start a thread on this matter and back it up with facts, and will probably do so in another post but I'm sick of watching the 49ers consistently outcoached and always blown out of games. It's nolan's forte now.

Unprepared. Nolan cares more about discipline and character than talent and victories. Benching Vernon after he was fired up on his first catch and the benching of Manny Lawson is more evidence.

Most if not all of their draft choices aren't producing (sans Gore & Willis).
Their O-line is dismal, their D-line can't get past the line of scrimmage. I expected SF to win that game, but now NE comes in with two weeks to prepare and then the Eagles & Giants. That's 4 straight losses. Fire Nolan, and if McClueless is too stupid not to, fire him also. He can't draft worth a lick anyways.

leftymo
09-29-2008, 12:40 PM
i dont think its martz fault. our recievers are not that good and jt is a pretty good back up and he will shine at times but expect a few fumbles and throwin a few picks in the redzone to continue. nolan should have got the boot last year but i guarantee at the end of this season he will be gone.

It all depends how you look at it. I think most would say our WR's aren't that good from years past, but look at the ex-niners and how they are producing.

And Bruce used to be a #1. They might not have separation skills, or breakaway speed, but they do catch the ball most of the time.

JTO threw some awful passes and telegraphed others on sunday. The WR's actually played ok, aside from not getting open quick enough.

Ali J
09-29-2008, 12:50 PM
I've wanted Nolan out since the end of last year! Sometimes I watch the games and wonder as to what the hell he's thinking!!! Really Use your freakin 1st rounders for god sakes!!!!!!!!!

Alex Smith - BUST

Manny Lawson - Keeps him on the bench

VD - Never used

Patrick Willis - Thank god for him, or who knows what forum I'd be on right now!

Joe Staley - He's good, but not 7th pick good!

Balmer - I think I saw him play special teams???

Annnnnd let's not even get started on the 2nd/3rd rounders either........

All and all get your *** outta here and go after Cowher...I don't care how much it cost!!!

PS, I love how our O-Line is once again getting dominated, and Justin Smiley is killing it in Miami....Way to go Mike!

Vegasguy80
09-29-2008, 01:05 PM
Benching Manny Lawson? Manny Lawson pulled his hamstring on kickoff. He was not benched.

And I didn't see Mike Nolan get sacked once yesterday. I didn't see Mike Nolan throw an interception yesterday. I didn't see Charles Grant run around the right side of Nolan and sack Sullivan. I didn't see Mike Nolan get beat down the sideline for a touchdown. These players need to do their damn jobs.

I just wonder if you "fans" REALLY pay attention to the games to see what happened before you make these stupid *** threads.

And I want you to show me a TRUE #1 receiver in the NFL right now. Have you seen the Broncos, Cowboys, Eagles, Patriots or anyone else with a true #1 right now? T.O. hasn't been getting the grabs and he should be a #1. The person that is open is going to get the ball. And if Battle is open over the middle he will get the catch. If Bruce is open along the sideline he will get the catch.

How quick some of you "true fans" turn when you lose a game. And Darren, don't get me started on you. You are no where near a true fan. Win or lose you support your damn team. You don't wish they would lose just so a coach gets fired. You don't go into other forums or threads and bad mouth and wish they would lose. You also support the quaterback who is winning games for your team. Alex Smith is hurt and couldn't run this type of offense if he wanted to. And Hill wouldn't be able to do it either. Sullivan is there because he has learned the complex offense. Sure, his skills aren't exactly there but he is the QB. And say they fire Nolan next week, who the hell do you think is going to step in and do a better job in the middle of the season? Do you think Bill Cowher is going to come out of retirement just to coach us? You guys don't think before you type all this crap. You just want to talk **** and rant but have no valid points. Watch the damn games and realize what is going on.

FNM BOY
09-29-2008, 01:12 PM
^^WELL SAID VEGASGUY 80!!.....well said!

THE NATION
09-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Benching Manny Lawson? Manny Lawson pulled his hamstring on kickoff. He was not benched.

And I didn't see Mike Nolan get sacked once yesterday. I didn't see Mike Nolan throw an interception yesterday. I didn't see Charles Grant run around the right side of Nolan and sack Sullivan. I didn't see Mike Nolan get beat down the sideline for a touchdown. These players need to do their damn jobs.
I just wonder if you "fans" REALLY pay attention to the games to see what happened before you make these stupid *** threads.

And I want you to show me a TRUE #1 receiver in the NFL right now. Have you seen the Broncos, Cowboys, Eagles, Patriots or anyone else with a true #1 right now? T.O. hasn't been getting the grabs and he should be a #1. The person that is open is going to get the ball. And if Battle is open over the middle he will get the catch. If Bruce is open along the sideline he will get the catch.

How quick some of you "true fans" turn when you lose a game. And Darren, don't get me started on you. You are no where near a true fan. Win or lose you support your damn team. You don't wish they would lose just so a coach gets fired. You don't go into other forums or threads and bad mouth and wish they would lose. You also support the quaterback who is winning games for your team. Alex Smith is hurt and couldn't run this type of offense if he wanted to. And Hill wouldn't be able to do it either. Sullivan is there because he has learned the complex offense. Sure, his skills aren't exactly there but he is the QB. And say they fire Nolan next week, who the hell do you think is going to step in and do a better job in the middle of the season? Do you think Bill Cowher is going to come out of retirement just to coach us? You guys don't think before you type all this crap. You just want to talk **** and rant but have no valid points. Watch the damn games and realize what is going on.

Brandon Marshall is a #1, DeSean Jackson would be our best reciever, but if we drafted him Nolan would not play him his 1st year, you know TO and Moss are #1 guys so no need for me to get into that. If you don't know that TO and Moss are #1 recievers then I can't help you.

Nolan put the team together and put players like Roman in there when his backup is better. He goes to a nickle D and takes a LB off the field against the Hawks and also did that yesterday.

NinerNation
09-29-2008, 01:34 PM
he needs to go. Just like JTO, he has good moments, but the cons outweigh the pros, and hes going to be fired in the next year or two anyways, no sense in keeping him around if we have to always hope he doesnt slip up.

974life
09-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Let the season play out.

BooCain
09-29-2008, 03:11 PM
I agree with firing Nolan because he's a dumb *** coach. Vernon Davis is not a bust bust. they just need to find better ways of getting him the football. They should split him out wide on some plays.Martz need to run the ball on 2nd down more and give Gore at least 25 carries. And please find RT. I don't think Rachal would be as bad as Barry Sims. I beleive we will beat the Patriots on Sunday. By the way Balmer is better than Soapaga. When he gets out there he plays fairly well. The 49ers just need to start running the 4-3 defense and leave that 3-4 alone.

rapjuicer06
09-29-2008, 03:30 PM
I think this team has to find an identity first. they don't have one thing they can fall on and depend on. they need to figure out if their a "smack you in the mouth" with our defense, or "run your *** out of town" on offense. so far we got neither. and we will continue to have neither until we figure out what the hell were running on defense. the reason our defense is so bad is because they switch between everything so damn much, they have no idea what their supposed to be doing half the time. and we can't be a run in gun offense. we don't have the personal. if we switched to a 4-3 defense and ran that on a consistent basis we'd be a damn good team. we have a lot of the same personal as the bears do. we'd have two big DT's in ICE and Balmer, Smith and maybe McDonald out there on the line. we got the freak in P-Will in the middle with TKO Spikes and Lawson as the LBs and we got a really good corner in Clements and a hard hitting safety in Lewis. we have the personal for the 4-3 and be a shut down defense, we need to do it. and our offense is moving the ball for the first time since norv...so that should help our D out too. we just need to pick and do one thing on defense and i think it should be the 4-3

THE NATION
09-29-2008, 03:46 PM
I know this O can score quick, but we need to run more to control the clock. Our D is still out there too long because we score in like 4 mins or we punt. ore had 16 rushes for like 82 yards give him 25 to eat some clock.

rapjuicer06
09-29-2008, 03:47 PM
i do agree with you on that nation....gore needs a lot more touches

Seppuku
09-29-2008, 04:44 PM
Again, if we keep losing then by all means fire Nolan, if JTO sucks for the rest of the year fire Martz as well and let JTO go in the offseason, and if JTO does well we will sign him to a contract and it won't be for 10 million. It will be more like 3 years for 10 million. And losing 6 straight may not be enough to get Nolan fired because as crappy as this division is we can go 8-8 and still make the playoffs. IMO Nolan has to win a playoff game to save his job. JTO has to play well for Martz to keep his job and to stay on as the QB. But, you have to admit the talent we have now is better than when Nolan started, not to give Nolan credit for it, but this team is in better shape(if Nolan gets fired) when he leaves than when he started. I hope I am wrong about most of what I said though, I would love nothing more than this team to prove me wrong and make it to the playoffs and look like they are actually a good team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

showtym24
09-29-2008, 05:46 PM
Let the season play out.

Smartest comment in this thread by a mile.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::cl ap:

FrumDaBay
09-29-2008, 06:13 PM
If i didnt know i was in a 49ers forum, id NEVER guess most of you were ACTUALLY 49er fans... chill..

WillisLovechild
09-29-2008, 06:28 PM
How did I guess that Darren started this thread? :rolleyes:

Shut up, this is getting really really ridiculously old.

Backto9erGlory
09-29-2008, 07:02 PM
Been a long time since I posted but here are my thoughts. Doesn't mean I'm right just my opinions.

I agree Vernon Davis is NOT a bust. He needs to be worked into the offense. He's made some good run blocks this year.

Not that it matters but I wanted the 49ers to draft James Hardy over Balmer but the WR's are better than last year and Morgan might pan out.

I heard an analyist on the NFL network say he thinks the 49ers are pointed in the right direction but aren't on the level of the good teams. I agree.

Positives thus far (again just my opinion take it or leave it)

Gore wont struggle to make 1,000 yards rushing this season compared to last year.

When the offense struggles they aren't the 3 and out team of last year. I can count the number of times WR had 100 yards a game last year - wasnt many.

Defense - I'm tired of hearing how Isaac Sop is a beast and works out with 400,000 lb dumbells. He doesn't get good penetration, plays too high and gets driven off the ball. Not everyplay but he's def. not a run stopper. For a man as big as that he should dominate.

I don't understand the secondary so I'll ask some questions :)

Thoughts on Mark Roman? Thoughts on Michael Lewis? THoughts on Goldson..Is it me or do they need improvement. Lewis over paid? Burned with the deep ball on Sunday.

Funny moment for me watching the Saint game -- Reggie Bush gets the ball thinking he can't be caught but every time P-Willie chased him down. I keep hearing Mooch and Deion Sanders on NFL network when PWillie makes plays "Thats a LINEBACKER making the play!"

I wish Bryant Young was still here. He and Smith would have made for a good DE combo.

Final question -- Thoughts on Martz thus far?

JTO frustrated me yesterday and some can make a well stated arguement that the play calling was off but ugh those two beautiful drives that ended in interceptions.

rapjuicer06
09-29-2008, 07:06 PM
thats why we need to run when we get in the redzone and then do a play fake off of that.

lelelele boss49
09-29-2008, 07:55 PM

Im not sayin everything is nolans fault but i cant stand it when ppl babble like this....no, nolan isnt on the field blockin or w/e it is that ur point is,,,,,,but he does choose who goes out, who starts, who we pick up, who we drop, controls the general direction of the team, and he has his hand in the defensive play calling, so when u cant say its all his fault, u cant say hes doin everything or atleast 50% of what he should.

i didnt get to see the game but i hear we had a 4 man rush over 80% of the time. from what i read pre-game we were focused on stopping bush...from stats it seemed like we did that. and maybe thats what killed us. but either way stopping the run is stackin the box which is rushing the passer at the same time. so what was the game plan? give brees time and use our superior (sarcasm) db's to ........... i dont even wanna finish, if their strength is in their passer, then rush him...........

ps.....GO NINERS!!!!!!!!

Darren5000
09-29-2008, 08:39 PM

What games do you even see when the 49ers win or lose? When you lose to a big team in the saints and do it over and over everytime we play them, something is wrong with the system and it starts with the HC! Mike Nolan has had every opportunity to correct mistakes! 31 to 17 is not even closer to the last 2 losses. IT's the same thing: QB is bad, Oline is bad, no #1 WR, Dline was garbage, no pass rush, Brees looks like a Pro bowl, Lance Moore did what out there again? See, problem with our Secondary is QBs are SMART enough not to target Clements and will pick on Walt Harris/our #3 CB all game long.

This is the type of excuses I see out of a fan like you: Excuses! QB bad, Oline bad, Dline bad, not Nolan's fault, Dumb luck...it's Nolan's fault all the way. He should have been gone. You know, rather then talk about why Kiffin should/shouldn't be fired, we should be talking about WHY ownership keeps Nolan around and keeps making the team look bad!

Don't you ever, ever tell me what I can or cannot do as a fan of the 49ers. I'm one of those that supported Rosa Parks' right to sit in the front of the bus. I am a fan that hires a person to do a job, they can't do it, they're out the door, period. Mike Nolan, you did not do your job so see ya! FIRE NOLAN!

I hope fans start chanting Fire Nolan in the worse way.

I'm glad we lost that game for it makes it easier to expose Nolan as an idiot.

I'll be on KNBR after 8:30 tonight on Damon Bruce's show. Tune in and see what I say to him.

Tmac416
09-29-2008, 08:42 PM
Are you sure you're a 49ers fan? A real 49ers fan wants what is best for the team, but you just remind me of the 'grazing 49ers fan' on .com that has no reaction to a game like this, nor knows the reality about Mike Nolan. For a 49ers fan, you don't seem to know our history and what Nolan can't do everytime in the big game. It's the same freaking scenario each week, even if the saints were a hurt team, I knew long as Brees/Bush were healthy, something bad was going to come out of it. It's not just what COlston does, somebody else can pick up the pace on that team. Even if the 49ers did what they want in stopping Bush, they showed me yet again they have no pass rush on our defense. That's why Nolan has to go.

Next up, we'll probably make Cassell of the Pats a pro bowler. You watch, it's going to be ugly.

you are the bigest joke ever. how can call somone else not a niner fan when you contiually root for us to lose and for every player to not suceed. your a joke of a fan. your a dumb *** guy with a computer. you simply find things wrong and then say fire the coach. every team has its flaws. you donty just go and fire the coach. if he loses 6 games in a row of course he will be fired. but you keep bringing up these fantasy doomsday plans their a joke not hapening. its amzing you conintue to post simply to look like a complete moron. i ve bene on site for a long time and many bumb people have come through here. you though by far have the most flawed logic and over stupdity i have ever seen on here. truely amazing. and seriously how could you expect anyone to take you seriously let alone agree with you when you clearly enjoy being made fun of conastanly and are chilidsh in everyway about the team. seriously get a life dude

leftymo
09-29-2008, 09:11 PM

my pick for worst post of the year.

So you are telling me that Sims was continually getting beat and its not Mike Nolan or Mike Martz's fault for continually letting that happen throughout the game? Ever heard of an adjustment? You are right Manny wasn't benched. He played so much that he had 0 tackles. He hasn't been playing defense either.

Mike Nolan didn't throw the INT's, but any knucklehead of a coach could realize that Gore was the one making plays and that just simply telling that putz Martz to run the ball in the red zone would've sufficed. Oh maybe playcalling falls on the players too.

Have you seen the Broncos, Cowboys, Pats, and Eagles with a true #1??? Maybe you don't watch the NFL but Brandon Marshall had 18 catches in one game, TO is one of the best in football, NE only has a guy named Randy Moss that broke Jerry Rice's single season TD record, and the Eagles have a rookie with more catches than our #1 & #2 WR's combined.

But I shouldn't have to tell you that, b/c fans would already know this! man, by far the worst post I've read on this board in quite some time.

At least bring a halfway decent argument.

leftymo
09-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Im not sayin everything is nolans fault but i cant stand it when ppl babble like this....no, nolan isnt on the field blockin or w/e it is that ur point is,,,,,,but he does choose who goes out, who starts, who we pick up, who we drop, controls the general direction of the team, and he has his hand in the defensive play calling, so when u cant say its all his fault, u cant say hes doin everything or atleast 50% of what he should.

i didnt get to see the game but i hear we had a 4 man rush over 80% of the time. from what i read pre-game we were focused on stopping bush...from stats it seemed like we did that. and maybe thats what killed us. but either way stopping the run is stackin the box which is rushing the passer at the same time. so what was the game plan? give brees time and use our superior (sarcasm) db's to ........... i dont even wanna finish, if their strength is in their passer, then rush him...........

ps.....GO NINERS!!!!!!!!

I saw the game and can tell you Brees could've ordered coffee from starbucks in that pocket. He had all day and nobody even got within ear shot of him. Nolan's strategy was to put in 5 DB's and put Manny Lawson our supposed pass rusher on the bench. (AGAIN).

This loss was pretty rough on me personally b/c it was an opportunity to turn the corner. Any glimmer of a chance for Nolan & this team to succeed was trashed away with a god awful performance. Now they play three real teams that don't have bad defenses.

rapjuicer06
09-29-2008, 11:01 PM
you guys should be taking this loss as a good thing IMO. if those two INT's were tds that game woulda been in OT and the very least. as bad as our o-line was, we were still in that game for a majority of the time. we got 0 pressure on brees and yet, we were still in the game. to me these are positive flaws that we can fix. were competing, and after we make adjustments and start getting pressure and protecting our qb, we'll be able to compete with the good teams. so just take this as a positive.

Darren5000
09-29-2008, 11:40 PM
you are the bigest joke ever. how can call somone else not a niner fan when you contiually root for us to lose and for every player to not suceed. your a joke of a fan. your a dumb *** guy with a computer. you simply find things wrong and then say fire the coach. every team has its flaws. you donty just go and fire the coach. if he loses 6 games in a row of course he will be fired. but you keep bringing up these fantasy doomsday plans their a joke not hapening. its amzing you conintue to post simply to look like a complete moron. i ve bene on site for a long time and many bumb people have come through here. you though by far have the most flawed logic and over stupdity i have ever seen on here. truely amazing. and seriously how could you expect anyone to take you seriously let alone agree with you when you clearly enjoy being made fun of conastanly and are chilidsh in everyway about the team. seriously get a life dude

FIrst, Damon Bruce isn't on tonight unfortunately. I just sent him an Email detailing what nights I'm home from work.

You still have not told me what other way is there to get Nolan fired. No playoffs should mean fire the coach. Go on a 6 game slide as I see this team, fire the coach. Right now, Uncle Al is holding a meeting and is going to possibly sack his coach. Who's to say the pressure won't mount for John York to make a move on his coach?

You know why I feel we're going to lose those games? The other team has a defense. I mean, for such an alleged mediocre D the Saints had, they got to JT 6 times! Eagles recently had like 9 sacks vs. Big Ben! New England knows Martz's system, remember how the Pats have beaten the Rams? Now, Cassell may not be an all pro, but the way we give these QBs back there plenty of time to throw the ball, they all should go to the Pro Bowl the way we can't sack the QB.

Finally, dude, I'm frustrated. If the job was done to fire Nolan back in January like other idiot owners can fire their coaches, IE Linehan out of a job, Kiffin could be next by tomorrow, Mike Nolan should be out of here period. We should be 0 and 4 the way our D is playing. I don't want Nolan as the leader of the team and I'm tired of JT and this 10 million dollar rumor for next year. York is going to gut this team by the end of the year, which means Erickson/Donahue 2 as McCloughan and Nolan are out the door.

I'd be a happier fan if York was a caring owner that cared for the fans and gave us what we want, and that is to FIRE NOLAN!

Tmac416
09-30-2008, 12:56 AM
FIrst, Damon Bruce isn't on tonight unfortunately. I just sent him an Email detailing what nights I'm home from work.

You still have not told me what other way is there to get Nolan fired. No playoffs should mean fire the coach. Go on a 6 game slide as I see this team, fire the coach. Right now, Uncle Al is holding a meeting and is going to possibly sack his coach. Who's to say the pressure won't mount for John York to make a move on his coach?

You know why I feel we're going to lose those games? The other team has a defense. I mean, for such an alleged mediocre D the Saints had, they got to JT 6 times! Eagles recently had like 9 sacks vs. Big Ben! New England knows Martz's system, remember how the Pats have beaten the Rams? Now, Cassell may not be an all pro, but the way we give these QBs back there plenty of time to throw the ball, they all should go to the Pro Bowl the way we can't sack the QB.

Finally, dude, I'm frustrated. If the job was done to fire Nolan back in January like other idiot owners can fire their coaches, IE Linehan out of a job, Kiffin could be next by tomorrow, Mike Nolan should be out of here period. We should be 0 and 4 the way our D is playing. I don't want Nolan as the leader of the team and I'm tired of JT and this 10 million dollar rumor for next year. York is going to gut this team by the end of the year, which means Erickson/Donahue 2 as McCloughan and Nolan are out the door.

I'd be a happier fan if York was a caring owner that cared for the fans and gave us what we want, and that is to FIRE NOLAN!

dude i try so hard to be pateint with you becuase i think you mean well but your logic just off. YOU. YOU and only you. were the only one, on anysite ever, to bring up paying jto 10 mil a year. only you. so lets get that. Now i hate York just as much as you do which is why i hope the saudi buisnessman really does by us cuz he has been a fan for the last 20 years he says. I do not think mike nolan is a great coach however right now theres nothing this season to fire him. the point is not to complety overeact this early in the season but you have been since training camp. now McCloughan is in his first year of having controll and your dead wrong if you think he is the next donihue. i have read countless things about how well respected he is around the league and many insiders think he is one of the top up and coming gm's right now. so why dont you give him more than 6 months on the job. everonyes point is dareen that is week 5. this would be fine to talk about in week 10 and the wheels have completly come off. and there is also no fact to your calim about gutting the team at the end of year. thats just a dumb thing to make up.

downsos
09-30-2008, 01:36 AM

What the fans want is for the Niners to win, you just don't want Nolan as the coach no matter the reason, we could have gone 16-0 and won the Super Bowl and have every player in the Pro Bowl and you would still be calling for his head.

UNLVsOcCeR
09-30-2008, 02:15 AM
I have been reading the posting on this website since the season has started and i finally got fed up with some of the so called "49ers fans" some of you guys claim to be. Saying you hope we lose just to fire Nolan? How can you even wish that? I respect a lot of you guys don't like Nolan but you can not sit there and say he hasn't put this team in the right direction. This is only his 4th year, 4th damn OC. He has brought in all the right guys it is just a matter of getting them to play like a team. I agree i don't like some of the **** he does but he has that firey attitude and the players love that. Im pissed as hell we lost too but look at it this way, we are competing. It was not Nolan's fault against Arizona we turned the ball over 5 times, 3 i beleive lead to like 17 points... that was a game we could have won and the saints... think about it everytime JTO hiked the ball people were in his face. Our o-line is hurting us bad!! We kiled ourself with the huge playes let up on defense and let them score right before half but we still had a chance. NOlan did not throw 2 int's in the endzone JT did. Two stupid *** passes... that led to a good 14 point swing... We had a chance and plus the saints are not a bad team. Yea they had some injuries but they had the same injuries last week and damn near beat a good broncos team. We are moving the ball FINALLY since norv left and i think we are headed in the right direction. Don't quit on Nolan yet there is way too much football left and from the S H I T 2-14 he came into not including all the damn debt we were in with salary cap.. he has held his own...

DownSouth49er
09-30-2008, 02:31 AM
I have been reading the posting on this website since the season has started and i finally got fed up with some of the so called "49ers fans" some of you guys claim to be. Saying you hope we lose just to fire Nolan? How can you even wish that? I respect a lot of you guys don't like Nolan but you can not sit there and say he hasn't put this team in the right direction. This is only his 4th year, 4th damn OC. He has brought in all the right guys it is just a matter of getting them to play like a team. I agree i don't like some of the **** he does but he has that firey attitude and the players love that. Im pissed as hell we lost too but look at it this way, we are competing. It was not Nolan's fault against Arizona we turned the ball over 5 times, 3 i beleive lead to like 17 points... that was a game we could have won and the saints... think about it everytime JTO hiked the ball people were in his face. Our o-line is hurting us bad!! We kiled ourself with the huge playes let up on defense and let them score right before half but we still had a chance. NOlan did not throw 2 int's in the endzone JT did. Two stupid *** passes... that led to a good 14 point swing... We had a chance and plus the saints are not a bad team. Yea they had some injuries but they had the same injuries last week and damn near beat a good broncos team. We are moving the ball FINALLY since norv left and i think we are headed in the right direction. Don't quit on Nolan yet there is way too much football left and from the S H I T 2-14 he came into not including all the damn debt we were in with salary cap.. he has held his own...

you have made several valid points that i will agree with you on....for one im not the biggest nolan fan anymore, but i will never hope the team loses so he can be fired....the niner name alone is what i'm committed to...also, nolan has done good drafting and bringing in players, but at the same token he was GM for most that time and didn't surround those players with a staff that could help them be successful...and what's drafting and signing good players worth if you aren't putting them in positions to be successful....i also have seen a few post that made mention of JTO not having time to throw from several ppl and it's like they are defending him not having time to throw, but these same people were critical of alex and trent last year when they didn't have time to throw...so what makes JTO different....bottom line is, our team still has several areas that needs to step up and be consistent in order for other areas to be good...the Oline needs to block better, which in turn will give JTO time to make the right reads and make completions....and will more than likely lead to VD not having to always stay in and block to help the poor play of the Oline(and hopefully martz will have plays designed for VD)....JTO has to learn to throw the damn ball away and live for another down....i respect the fact that he wants to be successful and make plays, but if it's not there, and not developing, throw the ball away....and for God's sake could nolan stop with the damn nickel defense and keep manny on the field, and dial up some blitzes......finally i would like to see our wideouts come back to the ball when JTO is in trouble and on the run....it's like they keep running their routes and never adjusting to the fact that he is under pressure...and give gore the damn ball atleast 23 times(rushing)....welcome to the forum by the way

Darren5000
09-30-2008, 02:39 AM
What the fans want is for the Niners to win, you just don't want Nolan as the coach no matter the reason, we could have gone 16-0 and won the Super Bowl and have every player in the Pro Bowl and you would still be calling for his head.

Look, downsos, I got nothing against you. Being frustrated with your team is like being frustrated when your kid acts up, or your wife gets in one of the moods. I just feel jobs should be done earlier, not 'give Nolan another chance.' No matter how you cut this schedule, we are not pulling a Coughlin and JT will not pull a Warner. Much as I want to be wrong, even if the Saints looked bad, or the Eagles are struggling, we still find ways to lose to them. Everytime we play the Eagles is like when we play the Saints. The only time we did have success against a team like the Eagles is when we played like a team.

Example of a W over the Eagles back in 03:

16 Dec 21 SF 31 @ PHI 28 Final 67,866 PHI Donovan McNabb: 238Yds SF Kevan Barlow: 154Yds PHI Todd Pinkston: 121Yds

But because Nolan has not built a defense and we miss out on getting a WR in the draft, we're going to keep struggling as long as Nolan is with this team. If you hire a Mike Nolan to do a job for you and he can't do it, shouldn't you fire him or keep giving him a chance to further ruin a project?

The excuses have ran out on nolan. I don't care if he hired the wrong OC. I see a lack of preparation on his part. I see the wrong play calling on defense. We're playing a D like the Raiders in giving games away! That's not right.

Darren5000
09-30-2008, 02:47 AM

YOu tell me then why the Rams and possibly the Raiders are choosing NOW to upchuck their coaches? maybe it's because the ownership is tired of the BS these coaches are pulling off and their fan base is clearly outraged.

If York stays the course with Nolan, this team will wind up in LA. Face it, nobody in 09 with a low voter turnout is going to pass that stadium in Santa Clara because fans will see:

Bad owner
Bad team
Bad results
NO effort
That generates a No vote. Then what will happen? York won't work with Newsom and SF to keep the team in SF. York would flip Feinstein and Boxer double salute with the fingers saying he's still the SF owner and can do whatever he wants to.

I see York doing what Bob Lurie tried to do with the SF Giants. Do any of you remember the low days and Bob Lurie nearly moved them to Tampa Bay? Well, the team got bought out. I would like to see a scanario like that in buying out York, but I don't think it's there, and the way we're strayed off the course and the way Nolan coaches, this is not a season for us to get to the playoffs. This is for our very existance in San Francisco alone. We lose, we may lose our team exactly like SF nearly lost their Giants. It's so ironic that SF has more care for the Giants then they got for the 49ers and that makes me sick that the Giants have done nothing since 1954 or so and the 49ers bought us 5 championships and this is the thanks Gavin Newsom gives to our team.

I rather have Nolan fired and save the existance of our team to stay in the Bay Area. I rather keep Alex Smith around for JT may not be the QB for us. I don't want this to end up like the SF Giants on the verge of moving. Unfortunately, LA looms large for us and if we can't make that sacrifice to get rid of a man that doesn't want to beat big teams on his schedule and give us any hope, you fans better learn to cheer for the LA 49ers by 2012. All this could have been avoided had JOhn York fired Nolan and not let this circus come up with JT.

I shed tears when I look at the 49ers. We're a lot better then this, but NOlan and JT will always hold this team back until they are both gone.

Fire Nolan.

downsos
09-30-2008, 03:23 AM
Look, downsos, I got nothing against you. Being frustrated with your team is like being frustrated when your kid acts up, or your wife gets in one of the moods. I just feel jobs should be done earlier, not 'give Nolan another chance.' No matter how you cut this schedule, we are not pulling a Coughlin and JT will not pull a Warner. Much as I want to be wrong, even if the Saints looked bad, or the Eagles are struggling, we still find ways to lose to them. Everytime we play the Eagles is like when we play the Saints. The only time we did have success against a team like the Eagles is when we played like a team.

Example of a W over the Eagles back in 03:

16 Dec 21 SF 31 @ PHI 28 Final 67,866 PHI Donovan McNabb: 238Yds SF Kevan Barlow: 154Yds PHI Todd Pinkston: 121Yds

But because Nolan has not built a defense and we miss out on getting a WR in the draft, we're going to keep struggling as long as Nolan is with this team. If you hire a Mike Nolan to do a job for you and he can't do it, shouldn't you fire him or keep giving him a chance to further ruin a project?

The excuses have ran out on nolan. I don't care if he hired the wrong OC. I see a lack of preparation on his part. I see the wrong play calling on defense. We're playing a D like the Raiders in giving games away! That's not right.

I have no problem with firing Mike Nolan if we keep losing, I even posted earlier that IMO Nolan has to win a playoff game to keep his job. You don't fire a coach after a 2-2 start and we have just as much a chance to make the playoffs in a weak division as musch as anyone excluding the Rams, but who do you want to rplace Nolan? If we keep losing then it will be because the offense isn't producing, I don't see us losing games 42-35. And Martz would most likely be the interim coach if Nolan gets fired even though the offense would most likely be the teams downfall. The play calling might be better on defense, but judging how the Rams defenses were I doubt it. And I haven't seen an example of you hoping you are wrong about us losing. You seem happy about it and that is what upsets everybody in these forums. I have no problem with someone being upset about a loss, I am as guilty about that if not more than anybody in these forums, but you have been upset about the wins and happy about losses and that is what bugs me.

leftymo
09-30-2008, 09:36 AM
SF gave up 30+ points to two teams that were decimated at the WR spot.

Nolan's specialty is defense, and right now his teams can't generate a pass rush and are ranked in the bottom half of the league in major defensive categories.

The NO game was winnable, if they were properly coached and properly gameplanned. But they didn't.

The Patriots now come into town with 2 weeks to prepare and coming off a dismal performance at home to the Dolphins. So 1) this is a winnable game b/c they don't have Brady and we are at home but 2) its easy to see Belicheck easily outcoaching Nolan for a W.

If that's the case, they will be 2-3 heading up against Philly & NYG (2 more losses). There's no need to keep an inept coach who is really good at losing games and being unprepared time and time again.

If they lose to NE, they should just fire Nolan and move on. Singletary would be my choice, b/c I know he'd light a fire for the defense, while the offense gets more cohesive.

1hardcore
09-30-2008, 01:31 PM
If Nolan gets fired.....

MIKE HOLMGREN!!!!:D

Darren5000
09-30-2008, 01:35 PM
If Nolan gets fired.....

MIKE HOLMGREN!!!!:D

Yeah baby! Yeah!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

yeolde9erfan
09-30-2008, 02:40 PM
I agree with firing Nolan because he's a dumb *** coach. Vernon Davis is not a bust bust. they just need to find better ways of getting him the football. They should split him out wide on some plays.Martz need to run the ball on 2nd down more and give Gore at least 25 carries. And please find RT. I don't think Rachal would be as bad as Barry Sims. I beleive we will beat the Patriots on Sunday. By the way Balmer is better than Soapaga. When he gets out there he plays fairly well. The 49ers just need to start running the 4-3 defense and leave that 3-4 alone.

Mike Martz's play calling only giving Gore 16 touches lost this game. Gore averaged over 5 yds a carry and he only gets 16 touches!!! ridiculous instead he has to do the pass, pass, pass, game when it was obvious running the ball down the Saints throat would have been the way to go.

Darren5000
09-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Mike Martz's play calling only giving Gore 16 touches lost this game. Gore averaged over 5 yds a carry and he only gets 16 touches!!! ridiculous instead he has to do the pass, pass, pass, game when it was obvious running the ball down the Saints throat would have been the way to go.

Yeah, but look at the 3 and outs, INT, sacks, other means of a turnover. You still feel running Gore would've done some good? If a D can get to a QB, the D at the same time can stop Gore. Ever since Gore had the break out year, teams are now SMART because we don't have a QB to throw the pass off. We don't have a #1 WR. We're not even balanced. IF our Ws are coming off hurt teams or teams that suck in general, there's something very wrong with the system. It doesn't matter NE has to fly cross country. Eagles have given us 2 beatdowns and they don't have jet lag. Seattle and Arizona both fall asleep at the East Coast for some reason as they come out flat and awful.

Passing is good, but you need a #1 Wr to throw it to, not have JT go back and get sacked, INT, Fumbles the ball, or has to wait for the slow WR to get open! Other WRs can get open, yet on the 49ers, we can't even get an opening.

UNLVsOcCeR
09-30-2008, 05:56 PM
i agree go back to the York's they suck. He finally allowed Nolan to go out and spend money... I mean you make a good point about not putting coaches around him but think about it.....Mcarthy is packers head coach, Norv now chargers i mean any damn coach we get people steal. We have not been able to keep the same coaches so everything keeps changing. I know Singltary will go soon if nolan somehow does get fired please sign Singletary hes the bomb.... Maybe im just the kind of guy who roots for the under dog.. Still want Nolan to produce and still believe in Alex Smith if he gets a shot... I mean 4 oc's in 4 years just is not fair... We all saw he has the ptential to be good he can throw the ball good hes mobile and smart... I think give him more time with Martz system he would do good. Its a timing system that only JT got because he has been in it a few years now.....but back to the Yorks i mean think about who we let go and what we got in return...T.O. not a damn thing in return..... Andre Carter may not have produced that much but we got a busted wr for him... Julian peterson even Brandon Lloyd i have now clue how he got let go.... There are so many things we can complain about.... Garcia? no good qb since that.... its frustrating but i just think Nolan gets those players that just play hard and have good character_ a reason he love P.Willis. You never see are team give up and you gotta respect that... Im still confused about VD give him a damn screen If he cant run routes that well... He does drop the ball a lot though even last year... but hes an animal when he gets the ball, much like T.O., he has the chance to take it to the house everytime

Vegasguy80
09-30-2008, 08:00 PM
YOu tell me then why the Rams and possibly the Raiders are choosing NOW to upchuck their coaches? maybe it's because the ownership is tired of the BS these coaches are pulling off and their fan base is clearly outraged.

If York stays the course with Nolan, this team will wind up in LA. Face it, nobody in 09 with a low voter turnout is going to pass that stadium in Santa Clara because fans will see:

Bad owner
Bad team
Bad results
NO effort
That generates a No vote. Then what will happen? York won't work with Newsom and SF to keep the team in SF. York would flip Feinstein and Boxer double salute with the fingers saying he's still the SF owner and can do whatever he wants to.

I see York doing what Bob Lurie tried to do with the SF Giants. Do any of you remember the low days and Bob Lurie nearly moved them to Tampa Bay? Well, the team got bought out. I would like to see a scanario like that in buying out York, but I don't think it's there, and the way we're strayed off the course and the way Nolan coaches, this is not a season for us to get to the playoffs. This is for our very existance in San Francisco alone. We lose, we may lose our team exactly like SF nearly lost their Giants. It's so ironic that SF has more care for the Giants then they got for the 49ers and that makes me sick that the Giants have done nothing since 1954 or so and the 49ers bought us 5 championships and this is the thanks Gavin Newsom gives to our team.

I rather have Nolan fired and save the existance of our team to stay in the Bay Area. I rather keep Alex Smith around for JT may not be the QB for us. I don't want this to end up like the SF Giants on the verge of moving. Unfortunately, LA looms large for us and if we can't make that sacrifice to get rid of a man that doesn't want to beat big teams on his schedule and give us any hope, you fans better learn to cheer for the LA 49ers by 2012. All this could have been avoided had JOhn York fired Nolan and not let this circus come up with JT.

I shed tears when I look at the 49ers. We're a lot better then this, but NOlan and JT will always hold this team back until they are both gone.

Fire Nolan.

Here we go again.... Have you seen the Rams play this year? Have you seen the Raiders play? I think Kif in Oakland was booted unfairly but Line needed to be in STL. How can you compare the 49ers to EITHER of those teams? You are so far out in left field it is pathetic. You always try and make valid points with meaningless things. Unless the team beats the 16-0 Patriots you wouldn't be happy. In the NFL a win is a win. Ask all the teams that upset others last season.

UNLVsOcCeR
10-01-2008, 02:24 AM
I don't get how you are ripping Jt and Nolan 4 games into the season. Yes we should be 3-1 at least but still 2-2 we are tied for first in our division. JT is the only qb we have that knows the damn system. He gives us our best shot at winning. The guy is not the best qb in the world but hes a gamer. Hes made a few throws and playes that had me shocked. Im starting to like the guy just give him a shot its way to early to sit here and say until nolan and JT are gone the 49ers will be held back. You can not watch this years team and last years and not say we havent improved A TON!. Offense that is... Give us some time we will be a damn good team once we figure it out we have a lot of weapons.... I think we can win the division almost did 2 years ago and we are a much better team now

Darren5000
10-01-2008, 03:17 AM
I don't get how you are ripping Jt and Nolan 4 games into the season. Yes we should be 3-1 at least but still 2-2 we are tied for first in our division. JT is the only qb we have that knows the damn system. He gives us our best shot at winning. The guy is not the best qb in the world but hes a gamer. Hes made a few throws and playes that had me shocked. Im starting to like the guy just give him a shot its way to early to sit here and say until nolan and JT are gone the 49ers will be held back. You can not watch this years team and last years and not say we havent improved A TON!. Offense that is... Give us some time we will be a damn good team once we figure it out we have a lot of weapons.... I think we can win the division almost did 2 years ago and we are a much better team now

I just saw Al Davis fire his coach and then ripped him a new one. Deserving or not, Al Davis did a job that York doesn't want to do. Course Al's being DUMB in not paying Kiffin, but thing is, Al did something. The YOrks do nothing but ruin this franchise.

We're only tied because we have 2 idiots that can't win games, or take up a challenge in Arizona and Seattle.

Time has run out on this team. I'm sorry, but if our future and livelihood wasn't on the line in 09 and we have such a morgage mess in California, I agree to give it time. But if this team is in danger of moving to LA if we endure yet another losing season to set the mind of the voter to turn down the stadium in Santa Clara for this state has no money, I have a right to worry about LA 49ers.

I don't want to like JT and turn my back on Alex because ALex has done NOTHING to deserve being called a bust just like Lane Kiffin did nothing to be called a sack of crap by Al. Both Kiffin/Alex have gotten the short end of the stick. But fact is, if Alex had no support or an OC, why is it all his fault?

Darren5000
10-01-2008, 03:22 AM
Please start Fire Nolan chants. We need to get rid of him and this is the only way. If we can't get 'empty seats', then let's get a Fire Nolan chant going. Fire Nolan.

SFGiants4life
10-01-2008, 04:03 AM
honestly, how many of these threads are you going to make? you call yourself a 49er fan, kinda makes me embarrassed to be one as well

NinerNation
10-01-2008, 11:22 AM
close

NorCalzimm
10-01-2008, 12:09 PM
How about a permanent ban?

rapjuicer06
10-01-2008, 12:15 PM
please for the love of God give him a permanent ban

Ali J
10-01-2008, 12:23 PM

Okay 1st off if your watching the entire game (and I'm talking about all 4 not just last week, which by the way he pulled it half way through the game) you'll find he's never on the field!

2nd your right he's not letting up sacks or throwing picks, but he is the one(up until this year) drafting and signing players....that's my point he sucks!!! He doesn't know talent!!! He's been in charge for how long now???

And how long has our O-line not been able to block for???

How long has our D-line got no pressure on QBs???

When was the last starting WR on our roster lasting for more then a year or
breakin 100 or 1000 yards???

And when VD gets a catch in the game last week and starts yelling, he benches him???

And lets not even get on the issue on somebody crossing Mr.Nolan because we all know how he handles that...exhibit a) Alex Smith!!!

He blows and he's gonna get fired this year and replaced by Martz everyone and there mother knows that's why Martz was brought in!!!!!!!!

bartlett2266
10-01-2008, 12:24 PM
I really hate that you call yourself a fan

FrumDaBay
10-01-2008, 12:26 PM
How about everyone ignores him and stop giving him the attention that hes looking for... NO ONE post on his threads, or respond to him, THAT is the BEST solution. If there was a permanent ban, he would just create a new name and further annoy everyone.

Its time for EVERYONE ELSE to be the bigger man and ignore him.

rapjuicer06
10-01-2008, 01:04 PM
alright frumdabay, i'm on board with ya

Sports Illustrator
10-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Lets please settle down the tone before I have to start handing out bans and infractions. That is the last thing I want to do, but I will do it if I have to do it.

Darren5000
10-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Lets please settle down the tone before I have to start handing out bans and infractions. That is the last thing I want to do, but I will do it if I have to do it.

I apologize for the flame war and I have not encouraged anything, but some posters choose to respond like 5-year olds. I'm doing my best to just report those that are getting out of line with me rather then engage in a troll war. I'm just trying very hard to give a viewpoint and I shouldn't be flamed for it. I'm just frustrated by the team's lack of success and watched one team fire their coach not too far from us for mediocre.

Let's try and get along on this particular subject. For those who may FEEL Mike Nolan shouldn't be fired, you can air those out. There's no rule that says you got to disagree with what I left up so please, if you disagree out of Nolan's lack of preparation and you feel we're coming along, air it out instead of saying 'oh this poster should be banned, blah blah.'

NorCalzimm
10-01-2008, 01:34 PM
For what? Having a viewpoint and counterpoint is no reason to get rid of a 49ers fan you don't like. Hey I'm sorry I want the right and honest things for my taem. I'm sorry Mr. Nolan lost his father. I'm sorry our QB doesn't know how to win because he's a JOURNEYMAN you FOOL! Warner's first year was out of LUCK and the NFC West was already in the toilet. NFC West will never be a class like NFC East. That's why a SUperbowl will feature more teams from NFC East, North, or maybe South then the NFC West.

When you have a job for 4 years and you have done nothing right, that boss either fires the worker or allows the company to suffer and then relocate that company. You just watch when York announces he will move us to LA.

It would probably be in your best interest to find an NFC East team. If the 49ers do everything you want them to do, it will be all for not, because in order for us to have class the rest of the division will need improve as well. You state the NFC west will never be a class like the NFC East. I think the only way you will truly be happy is if the Niners do everything that you ask and then relocate to the NFC East.

NorCalzimm
10-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Forgive me for my ignorance but WTF is a troll or spamming?

Darren5000
10-01-2008, 02:41 PM
It would probably be in your best interest to find an NFC East team. If the 49ers do everything you want them to do, it will be all for not, because in order for us to have class the rest of the division will need improve as well. You state the NFC west will never be a class like the NFC East. I think the only way you will truly be happy is if the Niners do everything that you ask and then relocate to the NFC East.

well with due respect, let's say you were married for 28 years, and you disagreed with your wife. Would you divorce your wife because you feel there's no common ground? Look, this team has a lot of potential, but we don't have the right people. I agree the LB is decent, but the Secondary/Dline is garbage. Secondary is a low C and our Dline is a constant D minus to an F. If Nolan was smart and something worked with Harralson, why not let him play all game long? If Battle is a #1 WR, well then, why not rely on him? If there's something wrong on the defense that the nickel is not working, well, why not change it? Go to the 4-3. It won't kill us to try a different approach will it?

This is the reason why we're not getting it with Nolan. Other coaches make changes. Look, even if LInehan got sacked on the Rams, least he tried to make a change from Bulger to Green. Even if it did not work, suppose it had and the Rams did beat Buffalo? See, Mike Nolan does not make the changes needed to make us a success.

Now, how good is an NFL coach if all he beats are bad pathetic teams? How can any team in the NFL get to the playoffs if they just beat bad teams? I'm sorry, but if you play an NFC East that had 3 teams in the playoffs, the last place team at .500, then NFC South Opp. finishing .500, and the AFC East that has Pats, Buffalo that blew us out, and Mia/Jets edging us, how can we win any of these games that I call huge if Mike Nolan cannot do the job?

You people have said to win, we need to have pressure from our defense and Gore needs a big game. That's not going to happen because of Nolan's way, and that way is to play a prevent like defense and have JT throwing to nobody that's our #1 WR. That cannot be done.

Look, I have done a lot of jobs and I know what is right and what is wrong and what is logic and illogic. Nolan's way is a flat out wrong passage out of a blue print. It's like using less nails for a frame work. It's like cutting back on wood. You cannot do that when you build a team.

So instead of doing this :mad: around me and calling me a whiner or a:mad:, how about going either I agree or I disagree? I am more then very calm and civil, but there are things from the 49ers I won't accept and yet out of you, I should divorce myself from the team? If this team cuts its ties with Nolan, I'll be happiest 49ers fan. Why don't you try giving me a chance instead of spazzing out when I say something about Nolan or the team? I don't like it when we suck. I don't want to lose, but please, I beg you, tell me what other way is there to get rid of Nolan without embarrassing ourselves AGAIN? How much more convincing does York need to get rid of him? Al Davis sacked his coach, why can't the Yorks take a page out of it? Least Nolan had 3 years to turn us around, and he can't. I know who we will beat and who we will lose to everytime with Mike Nolan. Improvement is WINNING, right, or is LOSING to you means we're on the way back up?

NorCalzimm
10-01-2008, 03:02 PM
well with due respect, let's say you were married for 28 years, and you disagreed with your wife. Would you divorce your wife because you feel there's no common ground? Look, this team has a lot of potential, but we don't have the right people. I agree the LB is decent, but the Secondary/Dline is garbage. Secondary is a low C and our Dline is a constant D minus to an F. If Nolan was smart and something worked with Harralson, why not let him play all game long? If Battle is a #1 WR, well then, why not rely on him? If there's something wrong on the defense that the nickel is not working, well, why not change it? Go to the 4-3. It won't kill us to try a different approach will it?

This is the reason why we're not getting it with Nolan. Other coaches make changes. Look, even if LInehan got sacked on the Rams, least he tried to make a change from Bulger to Green. Even if it did not work, suppose it had and the Rams did beat Buffalo? See, Mike Nolan does not make the changes needed to make us a success.

Now, how good is an NFL coach if all he beats are bad pathetic teams? How can any team in the NFL get to the playoffs if they just beat bad teams? I'm sorry, but if you play an NFC East that had 3 teams in the playoffs, the last place team at .500, then NFC South Opp. finishing .500, and the AFC East that has Pats, Buffalo that blew us out, and Mia/Jets edging us, how can we win any of these games that I call huge if Mike Nolan cannot do the job?

You people have said to win, we need to have pressure from our defense and Gore needs a big game. That's not going to happen because of Nolan's way, and that way is to play a prevent like defense and have JT throwing to nobody that's our #1 WR. That cannot be done.

Look, I have done a lot of jobs and I know what is right and what is wrong and what is logic and illogic. Nolan's way is a flat out wrong passage out of a blue print. It's like using less nails for a frame work. It's like cutting back on wood. You cannot do that when you build a team.

So instead of doing this :mad: around me and calling me a whiner or a:mad:, how about going either I agree or I disagree? I am more then very calm and civil, but there are things from the 49ers I won't accept and yet out of you, I should divorce myself from the team? If this team cuts its ties with Nolan, I'll be happiest 49ers fan. Why don't you try giving me a chance instead of spazzing out when I say something about Nolan or the team? I don't like it when we suck. I don't want to lose, but please, I beg you, tell me what other way is there to get rid of Nolan without embarrassing ourselves AGAIN? How much more convincing does York need to get rid of him? Al Davis sacked his coach, why can't the Yorks take a page out of it? Least Nolan had 3 years to turn us around, and he can't. I know who we will beat and who we will lose to everytime with Mike Nolan. Improvement is WINNING, right, or is LOSING to you means we're on the way back up?

I hope you didn't have something important to do, because that was a waste of time.

Darren5000
10-01-2008, 03:58 PM
I hope you didn't have something important to do, because that was a waste of time.

Nope. I enjoy trying to explain the situation and shake my head when none of you will ever get it. Just remember, Rosa Parks got to sit in front of the bus and soon, Mike Nolan and JT will be gone. Sooner you accept it, the better we'll all get along, OK buddy?:clap:

leftymo
10-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Ok, lets get back to the topic.

Firing Mike Nolan. He's certainly deserving. He's actually earned a firing. The numbers don't lie, and his production is reflected on that. Whether he's to blame for drafting players so highly like Vernon Davis, Alex Smith, Manny Lawson and David Baas (all of which aren't contributing) or his fault for not playing the very same players (some have been benched or are just backups), or just flat out being unprepared time and time again.

He likes character guys over talent, he prefers discipline over wins. So I'm going to give some daunting numbers that truly reflect how bad a coach Nolan really is. He stealing money from the 49ers and nobody cares about it.

Nolan has now coached 52 reg season games. He's 18-34 in that span. 25/52 games have been decided by 10+ points. He's 2-23 in those 25 games.

13 of which have been decided by 20+ points. He's 0-13 in those games.

Meanwhile the coaching coming into face him has 18 regular season wins in his last 19 games. (compared to 18 in 52). Nolan can't do in 3+ years what Beliceck has done in a little over a year.

The one thing Nolan can consistently do is have his team blown out. Nothing else shows his lack of preparation than the final result.

Darren5000
10-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Ok, lets get back to the topic.

Firing Mike Nolan. He's certainly deserving. He's actually earned a firing. The numbers don't lie, and his production is reflected on that. Whether he's to blame for drafting players so highly like Vernon Davis, Alex Smith, Manny Lawson and David Baas (all of which aren't contributing) or his fault for not playing the very same players (some have been benched or are just backups), or just flat out being unprepared time and time again.

He likes character guys over talent, he prefers discipline over wins. So I'm going to give some daunting numbers that truly reflect how bad a coach Nolan really is. He stealing money from the 49ers and nobody cares about it.

Nolan has now coached 52 reg season games. He's 18-34 in that span. 25/52 games have been decided by 10+ points. He's 2-23 in those 25 games.

13 of which have been decided by 20+ points. He's 0-13 in those games.

Meanwhile the coaching coming into face him has 18 regular season wins in his last 19 games. (compared to 18 in 52). Nolan can't do in 3+ years what Beliceck has done in a little over a year.

The one thing Nolan can consistently do is have his team blown out. Nothing else shows his lack of preparation than the final result.

Here's what I am not liking from Nolan:
Mark Roman has a bad game, leaves him in there.
A Franklin is having a bad game, leaves him in there
We stay with Nickel, stink up the joint in New Orleans, we don't change to 4-3.
In 4 years of coaching, there's no #1 WR.:speechless:

That's a good breakdown of MIke Nolan. Even if 18 and 34 to some may not sound dismal, most of those losses have come vs. a good team and a majority of wins are against a bad team so which is it from a coach: YOu want one that can beat a bad team or one that can beat good teams? I rather have in a losing season that we beat a couple of great teams. Give me a W over Eagles, or Giants, Bills, any of the big teams that has no big injury issues, that's a great W.

:clap: Good response.

FrumDaBay
10-01-2008, 06:09 PM
So rapjuicer is the only one with me??? You all realize that you are just fueling the fire with this guy.. JUST IGNORE HIM... If no one responds... who is he going to feed off of?? Let me know if your in on ignoring him.

Darren5000
10-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Let's stay on topic as anybody that responds with 'I hate the creator of the post' will be reported. This is not feeding the fire, this is an open debate please. Look, I expect things out of the 49ers and 2 and 2, beating 2 bad teams is not the expectation. It's like going to the movie theatre to see a really great picture, but guess what? the movie turned out badly and you're out 10 bucks! Why should a 49ers fan be out the money to see a bad product?

I have no issue with anybody that supports the team. But don't expect them to go to the playoffs because we don't have the talent. If your QB is a ?, and you got no #1 WR, your Dline is bad, your Secondary is possibly getting bad, how does it help us to the playoffs when we lose the games? Please, either explain or KEEP SILENT will be the best thing on this forum. You can convince me that a team with no legit QB, no #1WR, no Dline, ? Secondary can get to the playoffs, I'll leave the forum if you can name a team that's done it.

NorCalzimm
10-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Nope. I enjoy trying to explain the situation and shake my head when none of you will ever get it. Just remember, Rosa Parks got to sit in front of the bus and soon, Mike Nolan and JT will be gone. Sooner you accept it, the better we'll all get along, OK buddy?:clap:

I have never actually supported Nolan publicly- I just choose not to make it an obsession to hate him. As far as JTO goes- I'll let him play out the season and then evalute him fairly. As of now- I like him and think he's doing a great job for a first time starting QB in the NFL. As far as Rosa Parks goes- WTF?

leftymo
10-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Mike Nolan is dumb.

Proof.

1st & 10. A six yard pass is completed near the beginning of the 3rd quarter. TE gets hurt and Mike Nolan challenges the call.

After the game Mike said he was trying to slow the game down and was going to call a timeout anyway.

Why is that dumb?

1. The TE was injured on the play, that's an automatic slow/stoppage of the game.

2. It was 6 yards, would that significantly changing the game?

3. They not only lose a critical 2nd half timeout, but they lose a challenge.

4. It wasn't even remotely close of a call!

5. Slow the game down? The quarter just started! You want to go back to the half?

Unbelieveable. Fire him for this call alone.

Darren5000
10-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Mike Nolan is dumb.

Proof.

1st & 10. A six yard pass is completed near the beginning of the 3rd quarter. TE gets hurt and Mike Nolan challenges the call.

After the game Mike said he was trying to slow the game down and was going to call a timeout anyway.

Why is that dumb?

1. The TE was injured on the play, that's an automatic slow/stoppage of the game.

2. It was 6 yards, would that significantly changing the game?

3. They not only lose a critical 2nd half timeout, but they lose a challenge.

4. It wasn't even remotely close of a call!

5. Slow the game down? The quarter just started! You want to go back to the half?

Unbelieveable. Fire him for this call alone.

Wow, that is something! That probably has to be why Nolan is officially the dumbest coach in America right now! It's sad the wrong coaches got fired this week. Oh well.