PDA

View Full Version : Monday: the only meaningful game all year

stanpapi
09-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Last day of the season, we play king-maker, and a chance to catch KC to boot. Garcia probably shouldn't be thrown into this situation so soon, but what the hell? He's either going to make a lot of money or lose a lot of money against his former team. I mean, I don't know what the hell he's texting Ozzie "like 20 times." But hey, it's the best drama we've had all year. Oh, and Sheffield has a chance to cap off his wonderful season with his 500th tater. This ought to be good.

TheHotCorner7
09-28-2008, 11:38 PM
Is Sheffield really stuck on 499??

Tragedy
09-29-2008, 12:38 AM
I think the Tigers just want to go home. This is sort of like adding insult to injury for the Tigers.

If I'm a Tigers player that has a contract for next year (Not Freddy Garcia), I'm packing it up and not exactly playing so hard.

Jim Leyland shouldn't even put his A team out there, because there is no need to risk any form of an injury to spoil the Chi Sox.

cwilson21
09-29-2008, 12:49 AM
Well someone wants to see the Sox win. You're not going to put someone out there to risk injury on their 162nd game of the season with a chance to spoil some teams' season? This is what bottomfeeders live for.

Crying MN fan
09-29-2008, 03:29 AM
Go Twingers!!

mark1125
09-29-2008, 07:20 AM
As bad as this sounds..........this is their game 7. I wouldn't mind seeing our underacheivers end Ozzies season.

JackB
09-29-2008, 08:25 AM
Game one of the season or game 162. You go out to win evry single game. If an injury happens thats part of the game. You don't pack up the tents and just show up. Leyland should be trying to win this game as if it were his last. And the same for the players. You start everybody you normally would.
I want to see them finish with a possitive note. And yes. end Ozzies season. The White Sox have had our number the last couple of year. Its pay back time!!!!!

The Lizard King
09-29-2008, 09:41 AM
Good luck guys!

The Lizard King
09-29-2008, 09:43 AM
I think the Tigers just want to go home. This is sort of like adding insult to injury for the Tigers.

If I'm a Tigers player that has a contract for next year (Not Freddy Garcia), I'm packing it up and not exactly playing so hard.

Jim Leyland shouldn't even put his A team out there, because there is no need to risk any form of an injury to spoil the Chi Sox.

This whole post seems like wishful thinking to me. I'm sure this game means more to the Tigers than you give them credit for.

Go Tigers!!

sager729
09-29-2008, 02:23 PM
Not saying it doesn't mean anything to the Tigers, but why would it. I mean everyone else is done and they have to play one more, I know I wouldn't want to play.

The Lizard King
09-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Wishful thinking.

Why would you not try if you have a chance to knock off a hated division rival?

Epic89
09-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Stick this **** in your pipe and smoke it...

Denny McClain won more games in 1968 (31) then Verlander, Bonderman, Rogers, Willis, and Robertson did this year combined (30).

and...

89 wins, one more than last year's eight games-out-of-first finish, would've been enough to win the AL Central this season.

Epic fail

stanpapi
09-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Not saying it doesn't mean anything to the Tigers, but why would it. I mean everyone else is done and they have to play one more, I know I wouldn't want to play.

It's a meaningful game. Determines whether Chicago lives another day. Also determines whether the Twins have to play a game before they win the right to go to the playoffs. Every real fan in baseball is keeping at least one eye on this one. It's an important game with major implications. As a player, you want to take this from the Sox just like you want to foil a no-hitter. It'd be the same way if we were playing the Twins. And if you can't get up for a game like this, I don't want you on my team.

cwilson21
09-29-2008, 04:30 PM
^Ditto. What's better than ending one team's season on the last game of the season, in their ballpark, and that team being a hated rival nonetheless? This is the pure definition of a spoiler.

EdTheRevelator
09-29-2008, 07:24 PM
If I were a Tiger I'd be pissed that I had to travel to Chicago for a game that's meaningless to my team. Don't give me that "you play to win 162 games" BS. The season ended yesterday. What incentive do the Tigers have to play hard? So what if they spoil the Sox's season? Their season is over.

Of course, if I were a Tiger I'd probably have already shot myself in the face for playing on this $130 million debacle.

Epic89
09-29-2008, 07:58 PM
I guess this team just can't get enough of showing the world what a miserable, sorry-*** bunch they are. Never come to play period, but especially not on national TV. Tigers suck; end of story

urlachermess
09-29-2008, 08:17 PM
you tigers ****ing suck damnit your team cant even play a meaning full game..... your team looks like a bunch of minor league players to be honest.... its pathetic most minor league team could have beat the tigers tonight it looks like they were not even trying.. a lot of wild pitches, a sb throw goes into centerfield that could have been caught, a regular hit ball hit to the 2b man and he drops it? play the damn game dont just let them chi sox win.... the tigers are pathetic i hope u lose all 162 games next year...

urlachermess
09-29-2008, 08:18 PM
a grand slam to a rookie? give me a break!!!!!!

cwilson21
09-29-2008, 08:24 PM
Well Garcia looked good for the most part tonight. You guys should at least have an entertaining offseason again.

mark1125
09-29-2008, 08:24 PM
If I were a Tiger I'd be pissed that I had to travel to Chicago for a game that's meaningless to my team. Don't give me that "you play to win 162 games" BS. The season ended yesterday. What incentive do the Tigers have to play hard? So what if they spoil the Sox's season? Their season is over.

Of course, if I were a Tiger I'd probably have already shot myself in the face for playing on this $130 million debacle.

Maybe if they didn't suck nut all year it would have meant something. They need to be pissed at themselves.

TheHotCorner7
09-30-2008, 12:08 AM
you tigers ****ing suck damnit your team cant even play a meaning full game..... your team looks like a bunch of minor league players to be honest.... its pathetic most minor league team could have beat the tigers tonight it looks like they were not even trying.. a lot of wild pitches, a sb throw goes into centerfield that could have been caught, a regular hit ball hit to the 2b man and he drops it? play the damn game dont just let them chi sox win.... the tigers are pathetic i hope u lose all 162 games next year...

Cub Fan

mark1125
09-30-2008, 07:23 AM
Cub Fan

My thoughts as well. He should know something about losing.

JackB
09-30-2008, 07:33 AM
Even if he is a Cubbie fan. I hope they win it all this year.This is the kind of stuff I have been listening to for years and years about the Tigers. When I was your age it used to bother me. But as I matured I realized its only a game. You'll do the same thing. You can love your team without losing sleep.