PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey in the playoffs again?

TmacBryant
09-28-2008, 08:21 PM
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/other_nba/view.bg?articleid=1121846&format=text

Don't know if anyone posted this. Vince Carter thinks that Nets can make it into the playoffs again.
I think these 9 teams have a better chance at getting into the playoffs than the Nets... and you could possibly add Chicago to the list as well but i personally don't think they will make it.
Boston
Philly
Detroit
Miami
Orlando
Toronto
Cleveland
Washington
Atlanta

RocketsRule
09-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Not to likely if you ask me. They are currently building for the future, and have many unproven players.

They could pull it together and possibly make the playoffs, but I feel that there are many other teams that could out play them.

Dynasty
09-28-2008, 08:50 PM
The Nets are rebuilding, so making the playoffs will be tough. If VC and Harris lead the way, and the young players continue/begin to develop strongly, there's a chance.

I won't vote though, because I don't agree on calling them "horrible".

prash
09-28-2008, 08:53 PM
NY & NJ both Suck!!!!!!

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-28-2008, 09:11 PM
i think they might get the last spot

theuuord
09-28-2008, 09:32 PM
lol @ the only two options being "yes" and "horrible."

I don't think they will make it, but they are far from horrible...

JordansBulls
09-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Bucks have a better shot.

Blue Tiger
09-28-2008, 09:51 PM
I dom't think they will make the playoffs because Vince Carter is getting old.

theuuord
09-28-2008, 10:00 PM
I dom't think they will make the playoffs because Vince Carter is getting old.

He's only a year older than Kobe...

SAVAGE CLAW
09-28-2008, 10:24 PM
If everything clicked into place they May do it.

But id rather bet my money on the Bucks to be the " Unexpected" team who makes the east Playoffs.

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-28-2008, 10:28 PM
He's only a year older than Kobe...

And I'm only 15 years younger then Vince ...
Don't compare this Vince to Now kobe

BTW If nets can't do it with kidd/carter/jeffthen they can't do it with just devin and vince

cmellofan15
09-28-2008, 10:31 PM
If everything clicked into place they May do it.

But id rather bet my money on the Bucks to be the " Unexpected" team who makes the east Playoffs.

Either them or the Bobcats (they have to make the playoffs eventually)

codes238
09-28-2008, 10:38 PM
carter is too much of a ***** to handle the leadership role, he's gonna bail and get traded by the feb deadline and the nets are definitely not making the playoffs...

Lebron23
09-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Bobcats, Bucks, and the Hawks are greater than New Jersey, Miami and Chicago,

JIDsanity
09-28-2008, 11:14 PM
I love being hated

JIDsanity
09-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Bobcats, Bucks, and the Hawks are greater than New Jersey, Miami and Chicago,

Nah we're better than the Bobcats

mlisica19
09-28-2008, 11:42 PM
I have been a huge NETS fan since the early 90's when drazen led the team. So when you say playoffs and nets in the same sentence i will always have their back... the organization the club has is phenomenal and they don't need STAR athletes to make it every year. You do not need the best players, you need the right ones.

PG- Harris has proved to be a solid guard and a great athlete last year for New Jersey and you will only see improvement from this guy.
SG- Vince Carter- He may not be what he use to be, but he still has game. ANd his experience is off the charts, he knows the game, a perfect leader and point scorer
SF- Yi- he was decent last year, but all anyone talks about is how horrible he did in the olympics.... well simple, international is just straight up a different type of bball, so give him a chance
PF- Boone is expected to start here, hes a fan favorite and solid foward
C- the big bad Brook Lopez is the guy we needed 2 years ago... his game at center wil be tough for most centers in the league to keep up with, hes big!

this and a bunch of young prospects may not be the best team but together may be the right team to get at least the 8th spot

we have all seen the top teams with the top players fall, well maybe the nets can squeeze in a playoff chance this year again...

Tom81
09-29-2008, 11:14 AM
i hope they will -but i think they No

HoopsMachine
09-29-2008, 11:49 AM
I think they have a fair shot at making the playoffs. Lawrence Frank is an underrated coach and I think he will do a good job guiding this team to the playoffs. They have all the pieces in place to develop into a good team so its just a matter of time.

Wilson
09-29-2008, 12:12 PM
I have been a huge NETS fan since the early 90's when drazen led the team. So when you say playoffs and nets in the same sentence i will always have their back... the organization the club has is phenomenal and they don't need STAR athletes to make it every year. You do not need the best players, you need the right ones.

PG- Harris has proved to be a solid guard and a great athlete last year for New Jersey and you will only see improvement from this guy.
SG- Vince Carter- He may not be what he use to be, but he still has game. ANd his experience is off the charts, he knows the game, a perfect leader and point scorer
SF- Yi- he was decent last year, but all anyone talks about is how horrible he did in the olympics.... well simple, international is just straight up a different type of bball, so give him a chance
PF- Boone is expected to start here, hes a fan favorite and solid foward
C- the big bad Brook Lopez is the guy we needed 2 years ago... his game at center wil be tough for most centers in the league to keep up with, hes big!

this and a bunch of young prospects may not be the best team but together may be the right team to get at least the 8th spot

we have all seen the top teams with the top players fall, well maybe the nets can squeeze in a playoff chance this year again...

I wouldn't call Vince a leader, but he can still put the ball in the basket. Also, isn't Yi a PF?

I don't think it's completely out of the question for the Nets to make the play-offs. If they can get some chemistry in the back court, and Lopez plays well, they could sneak in. I don't really see them doing much there though...

ee
09-29-2008, 02:05 PM
I really don't ever hear any star say that they won't make the playoffs....

Of course, the star will say that the playoffs is the goal, I mean, who doesn't???

OK, so he should just say, forget this season, we aint trying to make the playoffs, come on.....get real....

theuuord
09-29-2008, 02:31 PM
And I'm only 15 years younger then Vince ...
Don't compare this Vince to Now kobe

BTW If nets can't do it with kidd/carter/jeffthen they can't do it with just devin and vince

I wasn't. I was just saying that he's not old by a long shot. Is he on the wrong side of 30? Yes. But he's got plenty of basketball left in him...

AK-50
09-29-2008, 02:51 PM
any team can make it before the season starts because most if not all players are healthy and feeling good but its the end of the season standings that will tell but they can possibly sneak in it being the East and all

SensandRaps
09-29-2008, 03:57 PM
once u look at the nets team their not that bad i think that they can sneak into the playoffs

GSW_Soul
09-29-2008, 04:02 PM
They can if they step their game but we'll just have to wait and see.....

bogdanrom
09-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Most likely no, but if you have a couple of guys have really good season, maybe VC, Harris and someone else they might, sneak in the playoffs. But it's very unlikely. Good backcourt, horrible front court. They do have a pretty bright future.

Nets fan 93
09-29-2008, 07:36 PM
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/other_nba/view.bg?articleid=1121846&format=text

Don't know if anyone posted this. Vince Carter thinks that Nets can make it into the playoffs again.
I think these 9 teams have a better chance at getting into the playoffs than the Nets... and you could possibly add Chicago to the list as well but i personally don't think they will make it.
Boston
Philly
Detroit
Miami
Orlando
Toronto
Cleveland
Washington
Atlanta
Why wouldnt we?
I see simmons at at least 12 and Yi at 10+ that is what RJ averaged last year 22... we arent missing anything and guess what, Knicks wont be better a coach that hasnt ever coached the suns to a championship wont make a difference.. this is a players league not a coaches league... We will be better than the knicks... will we make the playoffs? I think so... We got better with Lopez, CDR, Dooling(8ppg :clap: ), Hayes, Najera, Swat, Anderson,Stro:p... cmon people think about it.... Simmons outside game will compliment Carter better than RJ... VC slashes and RJ slashes...(didnt work) VC slashes Simmons Shoots(3's)... that I think will work... I cant wait for this season... i actually think we got better.. like a lot.. Go nets!

Most likely no, but if you have a couple of guys have really good season, maybe VC, Harris and someone else they might, sneak in the playoffs. But it's very unlikely. Good backcourt, horrible front court. They do have a pretty bright future.
hopefully Simmons :)