PDA

View Full Version : The FAQ - Everything You Need To Know

BlondeBomber41
09-28-2008, 06:29 AM
THE FAQ
QUESTIONS, ANSWERS, RULES.

Presented to you by: BlondeBomber41 (<a href="http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vd3d3">http://www</a>.<br style="display:none"/> prosportsdaily. com/forums/private. php?do=newpm&u=4267)

All GM's MUST remain active throughout the entire game. This means the end as well, including write ups and final voting. Any GM's who arent active enough could lose their teams at any point. If you do not do your write up at the end of the Mock Offseason, you are disqualified from being in the playoffs.

DATES TO REMEMBER:

League begins October 2nd :

Trading will be allowed immidiately.

Draft Lotto will be held October 5th

Draft will start October 7th-

Trades are the only thing allowed at this point. No free agents can be signed so no sign and trades (aka S&T) yet. Do not rely on S&Ts as some will not happen, due to the players best interest. Don't expect you to be able to trade your free agents, unless they are high quality.

The Time Limits on the draft will be 6 hours in the first round, 3 hours in the 2nd.

I HIGHLY recommend you send in a list of players you want if you feel there is any chance your pick will come up while you are offline.

There will be NO Autopicking for the draft. If your time expires and you did not send in a list, you will be skipped until you are online to make a pick. If this cost you the player you want, I am sorry.

Free Agency begins depending on the draft time. The sooner we finish the draft, the faster we can start free agency.

TRADING:

All trades must be presented to me by a GM from each team involved. Salaries MUST be sent in with the trade.

There will be no trade committee. I will personally deceide if a deal is so outrageous it can not be allowed to happen. A committee of people in the game does not work because of the possibility of people denying a trade to better the chances of their own team.

While a player is involved in a pending trade, the GM cannot be in talks with another team discussing that player in a "back-up" trade until the original trade is approved/declined.

Once you send a trade in, you are committed to that trade. The only thing that can stop that trade from happening from that point are if both GM's deceide not to do it (before it is posted) or if the trade is illegal somehow.

Trading future picks is allowed up to 2011. You can not trade your first rounder two years in a row.

There are no time limits on when you can trade players this game. As long as salaries match, you can make a deal involving any players at any time.

You CAN NOT trade a player and agree to pay part of the players salary in a trade. If a player is traded, his salary goes with him.

You CAN NOT trade a player that you sign as a free agent from another team at any point. You sign him, he is yours.

Salary matching can be done with the trade exceptions that all teams will have. Total salaries must be within 25% of each other.

Each team will have three trade exceptions, each worth $1M. Trade exceptions are used for matching salaries. Once you trade one, it is gone. Once you acquire it, it is gone; meaning that you don't add $1M to your salary figure, nor can you trade it again (i.e. Damon Jones + 2 TE's are traded for Brian Cardinal, Memphis still only has 3 TE's, not 5.) You do not have trade exceptions if you are under the cap.

FREE AGENCY

The effective rosters for each team will be the rosters each team had at the end of the 07/08 season.

Restricted Free Agents will count against your cap room until you renounce them. The players QO will be the amount that counts against the cap.

Free agent offers will be made by the GM in the designated FA claim thread.

Offers do not have to be matched or topped, but can be.

The commissioner will decide what offer the free agent will accept.

The Commish will make FA rulings once every three days. Seeing as this is a fast paced offseason, decisions will be rather fast. Big named free agents will go first, then second tier FA's, etc.

Teams will not be allowed to disrespect free agents, whether they be their own or another teams free agents. If you promise a player a starting job, he better be your starter at the end of the game. If you promise a player a role and it turns out that player wont be getting that role, it is possible to have that player hold out and demand a trade.

It is also possible that RFA's who are not getting shown the proper respect by their current teams can demand a trade.

Factors that can sway a decision of the free agent include money, the players role, chance at a title, or ability to prove himself as more than a backup or 3rd or 4th option.

If you are performing a S&T, this must be noted in the free agent thread of that player.

Team options must be picked up or declined before the start of free agency.

You cannot surpass your cap number. You cannot make bids with money you do not have. You cannot offer all your money at numerous players, it must be split. (i.e. you can't offer your MLE to more than one player, once you offer to one, you're committed unless you withdraw). Remember to keep Bird rights in mind. You don't have to use your MLE on your players which have bird rights.

EXCEPTIONS:

Mid Level Exception: (MLE) This exception is set at 6M per year.
- can be used only once.
- cannot be combined with another exception.
- can be split, but no less than multiples of $500K
- contracts can be up to 5 seasons in length.
- can only be used by teams over the salary cap.

Bi Annual Exception: (BAE) This exception is set at 2M per year.
- can be used only once.
- cannot be split.
- contracts can be up to 2 seasons in length.

Minimum Salary Exception (MSE) This exception is set at 1M per year.
- can be used as many times as needed.
- contracts can be up to 2 seasons in length.

Full Bird Exception (FBE) This exception can be used on a GM's own free agents who have played 3 consecutive seasons without being waived or without signing a free agent deal with another team.
- can be resigned for up to 6 years, with no minimum amount of years.
- salary can be maxed out

Early Bird Exception (EBE) This exception can be used on a GM's own free agents that have played 2 consecutive season without being waived or without signing a free agent deal with another team.
- can be resigned for a maximum of 5 years, and must be signed to a minimum of 2 years.

The Maximum Salary Offer a team can make to another teams free agent is $18 Million a year. The maximum salary you can offer your own free agents is $20 million a year.. (assuming you have full Bird Rights or the cap room to make the offer)

Buyouts – teams can make a buyout, but only 1 player can be bought out per team. It’s not mandatory.

Amnesty Cut:

You can not cut a players contract that is no longer on your team, and you can only cut up to $10 million in salary.

So for example if you cut Stephon Marbury and his $20 millionish contract, you still have to pay all but $10 million of the contract.

OTHER:

Salary Cap: Set at 60M.

Remember that the MLE, the BAE, and the TPE's all count towards your salary cap.... even if you havent used them.

If you truly wish to be under the cap, you must forfeit those 3 exceptions for the duration of the season and their salaries will not be counted; that means that if you later go over the cap.... you cannot claim these exceptions.

Salary Information:- http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dd6c323m_1g95npnd8&hl=en

Rosters: Active Rosters will consist of 15 players. You make keep two players on your roster besides the 15 to play in the NBDL.

- All GM's will have a 1 week buffer period in which to drop any extra players they might have accumulated after a trade.
- If GM's fail to drop players within the week, the commissioner will make the cuts for you.

Organizations moves will not be in effect. Whoever the coaches are in the real NBA will be the coaches for your team. You only control player movement.

BlondeBomber41
09-28-2008, 06:30 AM
If there are any suggestions, anything I missed, or anything that is confusing let me know.

njnets
09-28-2008, 12:44 PM
the start of the questions.

what rosters do we have? end of season? current? gimme something boss.

Westbrook36
09-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Be4 the Off Season started..Like the Rockets dont have Ron Artest
Cavs dont have Mo Williams

njnets
09-28-2008, 12:49 PM
but the rosters on the google docs? are they before the FA? because i have jason hart on my team and wasn't he traded? or is he still on my team?

Westbrook36
09-28-2008, 12:55 PM
Before FA..Like Elton isnt a 76ers

jacquewho?
09-28-2008, 01:25 PM
I have the Warriors and I noticed that I have Adonal Foyle listed under contract but he was released by the team awhile ago...can I use the amnesty cut on his salary?

phlp_bj
09-28-2008, 03:18 PM
I have the Warriors and I noticed that I have Adonal Foyle listed under contract but he was released by the team awhile ago...can I use the amnesty cut on his salary?

you probably can.

The Melky Way
09-28-2008, 03:36 PM

Yes, the Warriors did that in the last 2 mocks.

AgentViet
09-28-2008, 03:54 PM

:

Amnesty Cut:

You can not cut a players contract that is no longer on your team, and you can only cut up to $10 million in salary.

So for example if you cut Stephon Marbury and his $20 millionish contract, you still have to pay all but $10 million of the contract.

Nets fan 93
09-28-2008, 06:44 PM
when can we start the amnesty cuts?

BlondeBomber41
09-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Yeah a new rule is that you can only cut players who are still under contract on your team.

Amnesty cuts will start when the league starts.

Dynasty
09-28-2008, 08:08 PM
up to what year we can trade picks?

BlondeBomber41
09-28-2008, 11:18 PM

Cracka2HI!
09-30-2008, 01:39 PM
Trades are the only thing allowed at this point. No free agents can be signed so no sign and trades (aka S&T) yet. Do not rely on S&Ts as some will not happen, due to the players best interest. Don't expect you to be able to trade your free agents, unless they are high quality.

Got a question about this. Is this just going to determined by the commish? I'm wondering if I should even try to S$T Brand or is he just going to go to Philly because that's clearly what he wanted to do...

phlp_bj
09-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Got a question about this. Is this just going to determined by the commish? I'm wondering if I should even try to S$T Brand or is he just going to go to Philly because that's clearly what he wanted to do...

Ya, commish decides where the free agents land. And you can try to sign and trade him. He doesn't automatically go to Philly. Commish decides which team he will be best suited for.

Giannis94
10-03-2008, 02:13 PM
when does free agency start?

Dynasty
10-03-2008, 02:20 PM
as soon as the rookie draft is over

Giannis94
10-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Do teams have first chance on their on players? fa wise

Westbrook36
10-04-2008, 03:13 PM

Nope, It's all fair game unless a S/T happened. Then the player usually takes it because he gets Money and moves to a different team if your rebuilding..

BlondeBomber41
10-04-2008, 03:14 PM

Not particularly, unless they are restricted. The players original team can pay the player more money and offer more years though so that helps.

phlp_bj
10-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Nope, It's all fair game unless a S/T happened. Then the player usually takes it because he gets Money and moves to a different team if your rebuilding..

If the player is restricted then you can match any offer made

Westbrook36
10-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Like I can with Iggy

Cracka2HI!
10-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Are the players with Player Options just going to do the same thing they did in real life?

phlp_bj
10-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Are the players with Player Options just going to do the same thing they did in real life?

all the players with player options are opting out according to commish

Dynasty
10-11-2008, 11:22 PM
can I give Rondo a contract extension? :)

RocketsRule
10-14-2008, 08:06 PM
If I have a RFA, does his QO count against the cap?

phlp_bj
10-14-2008, 08:07 PM
If I have a RFA, does his QO count against the cap?

not anymore. right now hes a restricted FA. so his QO comes off your salary cap

RocketsRule
10-14-2008, 08:08 PM
not anymore. right now hes a restricted FA. so his QO comes off your salary cap

Okay, thanks.:)