PDA

View Full Version : why cant ai play point guard

theanswer418
09-27-2008, 11:03 PM
:pray:i know he is a natural sg but god dammit im tired of jr being benched dosent ai realize that if he just pases the ball more his team would still be effective?

we need jr in the line up

:pray: for iverson to be point guard this season

Kyben36
09-28-2008, 12:56 AM
I still dont see you going far. You are very shalow at the 4 and 5. even if AI was PG, you still dont have a backup C for when Nene gets injured, Not saying serious but every player gets injured. even Kobe.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-28-2008, 03:20 AM
We need JR's energy off the bench... if he were a starter where does our offense come from? Kleiza? NO.

Don't get me wrong Kleiza is very solid off the bench but, cant carry the load. I'd rather deal with Chuck playin PG, of even dare I say AC.... Just my thoughts.

Game_Over
09-28-2008, 12:38 PM
I still dont see you going far. You are very shalow at the 4 and 5. even if AI was PG, you still dont have a backup C for when Nene gets injured, Not saying serious but every player gets injured. even Kobe.

This thread is why can't AI play point not how far do you think we will go or basically how bad we suck lol..

F15Eagle
09-28-2008, 01:11 PM
Nuggets with Allen Iverson the best player in the NBA (based on objective and highly and Superiorly intelligent criteria), is a combo guard and will start as a SG and play PG also. Nuggets will ROCK this coming season because they have the inculpable Allen Iverson, Melo one of the best players in the league, a healthy K-Mart an all star and a number 1 pick, a healthy beast NENE, J.R. 43 pts and Kleiza 41 pts (both are expected to improve). Do not underrate Balkman and Birdman !!!

Chronz
09-29-2008, 03:21 PM
Ive never baught the AI cant play the 1 concept, sure its not where hes at his best nor is it the best way to maximize the talents of the other players but Id rather deal with those problems than having Anthony Carter out there.

IndyFan
09-29-2008, 03:50 PM
the answer to the original question is either . . .

1) he cannot play the point because he lacks the cout vision and passing skills necessary to get the ball to other players in a way that allows them to use their skills. or

2) he doesn't want to.

take your pick of the two reasons. imo, he just doesn't have the skill set needed to be effective as a PG. and he SG skill set is so superior, he stays with that.

:)

F15Eagle
09-29-2008, 05:30 PM
the answer to the original question is either . . .

1) he cannot play the point because he lacks the cout vision and passing skills necessary to get the ball to other players in a way that allows them to use their skills. or

2) he doesn't want to.

take your pick of the two reasons. imo, he just doesn't have the skill set needed to be effective as a PG. and he SG skill set is so superior, he stays with that.

:)

Very wrong. He has ranked in the top 5 and 10 in assists perennially ( a clear manifestation of his creativity and passing ability). Your Kobe has never ever been in the the top 10 in assists in any season. So quit hallucinating and stop denigrating Iverson. He is the best.

C-Dub
09-29-2008, 07:32 PM
he averaged 7 assists last season as a SG

IBleedPurple
10-02-2008, 08:07 PM
i think it is saving some of his energy so he can focus on scoring and continue to play more minutes.

playing the point will tire him easier

DenButsu
10-02-2008, 08:21 PM
I think the bottom line is that AI will have no choice but to spend more time at the point this season because J.R. is just going to be too good to refuse him the minutes he needs to help the team win. Although I guess it doesn't rule out the possibility of Smith running the point in stretches, but that really doesn't make too much since when AI is in fact a pretty great passer when he puts his mind to it (lots of alley-oop memories from last season come to mind...).