PDA

View Full Version : Iverson, Duncan, Kobe, KG part of All-time 50 Greatest Players?

hockeypro68
09-27-2008, 04:56 PM
Once all is said and done and they've retired (which hopefully isn't for a few more years), how do you guys think their careers will be ranked? I think there's no question that they'll all be in the Hall of Fame one day, but what about the 50 Greatest Players of all time? Do you think Iverson, Kobe, or Duncan will earn a spot? If so, who do you think they'd replace? Any other current players you think will earn a spot on this list? KG, Lebron, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Greatest_Players_in_NBA_History

Aapox
09-27-2008, 05:04 PM
Duncan and Kobe definitely will. KG most likely, especially now that he won a ring. AI most likely but he'll be far down.

THE MTL
09-27-2008, 05:08 PM
They will all definitely be there. Iverson is one of the best little men to play the game and if he wins a ring then it is def. set in stone.

hockeypro68
09-27-2008, 05:11 PM
Thats my concern with Iverson. I'm afraid the fact that he doesn't have a ring may keep him off the list, but I really hope he makes it. And I'm pretty sure he will, but hey, he may get lowballed.

bogdanrom
09-27-2008, 05:17 PM
I choose All of the above. All are great amazing players. TD is already there, so is Kobe Bryant, KG is there too especially since he has won the NBA Championship. Lebron will get there and he has a chance to be a top 5 player ever, and a SLIGHT, very slight chance to be the greatest player ever. AI is probably the only doubtful one, but if he gets a title he will get in there too.

Hawkeye15
09-27-2008, 05:22 PM
all of them. TD is a no brainer. Kobe and KG should easily slide in, and AI is arguably the top under 6' player of all time. (He is listed there, but I have seen him up close, and he is under). LeBron has a chance, if he continues to expand his game, and wins 2 or more rings, to be the greatest ever, so yes, he is in for sure unless he goes down shortly with a career ending injury. I would also think Wade could go in if he has good health from now on. Other current players that have a chance down the line are Paul and Howard.

hockeypro68
09-27-2008, 05:30 PM
One thing people have to keep in mind is that the addition of every new player to the list means kicking someone off of it... Unless they expand the list, which I think they might. In the case that they don't though, it'll be pretty hard to eliminate FIVE names from the list, if everyone mentioned in this thread makes it.

Epic89
09-27-2008, 05:32 PM
The first four have all earned it, Lebron will have by the time he retires

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-27-2008, 05:44 PM
All of em.

GSW_Soul
09-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Kobe is in for sure and probably Kevin Garnett too.

Bruno
09-27-2008, 05:52 PM
Duncan, Kobe and James will all be top 15 (Or higher) when its all said and done. I can see KG and Iverson making it as well, but like someone else said, farther down the list.

If Iverson becomes a Top 50 Player, with out getting a ring, I see him being replaced on that list, say 20, 30 years down the line. The other guys will be cemented in.

ARMIN12NBA
09-27-2008, 06:08 PM
TD and Kobe are locks in the top 50. KG and AI are probably in with KG having the better chance. Lebron? He has to play a few more years. His style of play (based purely on athleticism) makes it so that his career may be a lot shorter than others (like the rest of this list) who have this great skill that will get them and keep them playing at a high level when they are older.

t-mac1nukka
09-27-2008, 06:17 PM
ai are you serious????

23LBJCleBrowns
09-27-2008, 06:33 PM
AI is the one that I can see not making the list. And I can also see LeBron being number 1 on this list one day.

NYstateofMinD
09-27-2008, 06:34 PM
I see Kobe, TD,KG , AI in there...AI is #3 in PPG averages how do you keep him off? LeBron might(hope he doesnt) get injured so you never know.

Lost Art
09-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Kobe and Duncan are a lock. I don't think Iverson is going to make the cut. KG's legacy will depend on the next few seasons and Lebron will probably be up there as long as he has some success in terms of winning in his career.

Hawkeye15
09-27-2008, 07:17 PM
I love it how Kobe is a lock, KG isn't on this board. He has the ring now. Lets say he plays out his contract and is done. That will put him here:
23,500 pts- #17 all time
13,500 rbs- #12 all time
2000 blks- #15 all time
1,600 steal- #24 all time
43,000 minutes- #13 all time
9.600 fg made- #13 all time
League MVP 03-04', led the NBA in total points and rebounds, done about once every 10 years or so

Those are just for starters. He is a top 20-25 player of all time. And he will get those numbers by averaging 16-8 for the next 3 yrs, not including playoffs, so he may finish even higher than I listed.
He is as sure as Kobe or TD into the top 50.

MiamiHeat
09-27-2008, 07:34 PM
AI is the one that I can see not making the list. And I can also see LeBron being number 1 on this list one day.

:pity:
such a homer

Hotone1401
09-27-2008, 08:38 PM
Lebron has all the potential to become #1 on that list but than again...having a career better than MJ's is almost impossible so I would say he has a really good chance at being second on the list if he can win a bunch of rings. KG, Duncan, and Kobe will have no problem being metioned among the 50 greats..AI on the otherhand, I can actually see him not making that list. Granted, AI has had some great years but for the last 3 or 4 years I would have a hard time recalling any memorable moments from him...that's my opinion. No homer & no hate!

Hotone1401
09-27-2008, 08:42 PM
I love it how Kobe is a lock, KG isn't on this board. He has the ring now. Lets say he plays out his contract and is done. That will put him here:
23,500 pts- #17 all time
13,500 rbs- #12 all time
2000 blks- #15 all time
1,600 steal- #24 all time
43,000 minutes- #13 all time
9.600 fg made- #13 all time
League MVP 03-04', led the NBA in total points and rebounds, done about once every 10 years or so

Those are just for starters. He is a top 20-25 player of all time. And he will get those numbers by averaging 16-8 for the next 3 yrs, not including playoffs, so he may finish even higher than I listed.
He is as sure as Kobe or TD into the top 50.

Anybody saying KG isn't a lock is crazy! He is one of the best skilled big men ever! I agree with you man...KG has never gotten the credit he deserves because he hasn't had the benefit of having a team and a system put in place for him like Tim Duncan. In my opinion, KG is better and has been better than Duncan in every fascet of the game except for maybe backing down and scoring in the deep low post.

IversonIsKrazy
09-27-2008, 08:47 PM
AI is the only 1 im not sure abt, not b-kuz of his skills, but his ring. if he gets it, then hes 4sure in the top 50. but if he duznt, then i dont now.

#3 in All-Time Points Per Game
#5 In All-Time Steals
#2 In All-Time Shooting Guard Assists Per Game

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-27-2008, 08:55 PM
all of them are

cmellofan15
09-27-2008, 09:02 PM

Hahahaha!!!! Dude I bet your homerism just comes naturally to you doesn't it. Im guessing you think the Browns will make the Super Bowl

Also Carmelo will take up all 50 spots when he is still playing in 103 years and yes that means HE will be the 50 greatest players of all time...:cool:

Lebron23
09-27-2008, 09:04 PM
AI is the only 1 im not sure abt, not b-kuz of his skills, but his ring. if he gets it, then hes 4sure in the top 50. but if he duznt, then i dont now.

#3 in All-Time Points Per Game
#5 In All-Time Steals
#2 In All-Time Shooting Guard Assists Per Game

He's a former NBA MVP , and a 4 time NBA Scoring Champion. He already led the Philadelphia 76ers in the 2001 NBA Finals, and the Lakers are just the better team in the Finals because Shaq is the most dominant Center of all time.

By the way Allen Iverson outplayed Kobe Bryant in the 2001 NBA Finals.

Career wise Iverson > Bill Walton, Pete Maravich, James Worthy, and Scottie Pippen. Rings are sometimes overrated because basketball is a team sports.

You can only use the rings argument in deciding the top 10 players in NBA History, and you need to be the no.1 option of your team not a sidekick.

Iverson is probably the greatest scorer under 6 feet tall, and one of the most charismatic player in the NBA.

still1ballin
09-27-2008, 09:08 PM
all of them

barreleffact
09-27-2008, 09:15 PM
He's a former NBA MVP , and a 4 time NBA Scoring Champion. He already led the Philadelphia 76ers in the 2001 NBA Finals, and the Lakers are just the better team in the Finals because Shaq is the most dominant Center of all time.

By the way Allen Iverson outplayed Kobe Bryant in the 2001 NBA Finals.

Career wise Iverson > Bill Walton, Pete Maravich, James Worthy, and Scottie Pippen. Rings are sometimes overrated because basketball is a team sports.

You can only use the rings argument in deciding the top 10 players in NBA History, and you need to be the no.1 option of your team not a sidekick.

Iverson is probably the greatest scorer under 6 feet tall, and one of the most charismatic player in the NBA.

a little overboard there buddy

Lebron23
09-27-2008, 09:18 PM
a little overboard there buddy

Scottie Pippen is the better defender because he's a 10 time member of the NBA All Defensive Team, but when he won 6 NBA Championship Rings in the 1990's he was the sidekick of Michael Jordan.

Pippen became the Bulls franchise player in 1994, but the Chicago Bulls was eliminated by the New York Knicks in the playoffs.

I am not saying that Pippen is not a great player, but Iverson since his Rookie Season was the franchise player of his team.

I think AI will be traded to a contending team because he's one of those players that deserve to win an NBA Championship.

He will not win a championship in Denver unless his team plays defense in the post season.

barreleffact
09-27-2008, 09:23 PM
Pippen is the better defender, but when he won 6 NBA Championship Rings in the 1990's he was the sidekick of Michael Jordan.

Pippen became the Bulls franchise player in 1994, but the Chicago Bulls was eliminated by the New York Knicks in the playoffs.

he was their go to guy for 1 full season and when Jordan left the first time they only lost like 5 games less, and lost to the knicks in like 6 or 7. Pippen was a beast defensively, but he could also play any guard or forward spot on offense. AI is great, and Pippen did play second fiddle to Jordan, but Id take pippen over AI. thats just me though. career wise I dont think AI can compare even though he dose have one of the top 3 scoring averages in history

LakerzDQ
09-27-2008, 09:56 PM
They all will.

Duncan, Bryant, and Garnett are there for sure, if they retire this moment.
Allen Iverson definitely should be on there, unless they make a big deal about his 0 ring career.

In my opinion, Duncan and Kobe are about the same status in rankings right now. But Kobe might surpass him as his career stretches on. Garnett is below both of them, but he's still a top 5 PF ever, and now he has a ring. Allen Iverson was one of the best scorers in history, and he's still scoring 25 in this late stage of his career. He took his team to the NBA Finals, but never won a rng.

Lebron James won't be on it if he retires right now, but of course, he has about a decade left in his career. He will definitely be on it at the end of the career.

JordansBulls
09-28-2008, 12:20 AM
All of them quite easily.

Tom81
09-28-2008, 06:27 AM
for sure TD but i think All of the Above

Lebron23
09-28-2008, 07:59 AM
Add Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Gary Payton, Ben Wallace, Dennis Rodman, Reggie Miller, Dominique Wilkins, Tracy Mcgrady, and former NBA MVP, Rebounding and Scoring Champion Bob Mcadoo. ( NBA 75 greatest player of all time)

$ NyC $
09-28-2008, 08:51 AM
All of them they all deserve it. It would suck if AI didn't get one because he doesn't have a ring because getting that ring isn't something you can do all by yourself.

Blue Tiger
09-28-2008, 03:21 PM
I'll have to say all.