PDA

View Full Version : Think Positive

FKNRUEHH925
09-27-2008, 01:42 PM
Ok so this crappy season is only in week 4, we have lost 12 games in a row dating back to last October, we are 31st agenst the run, 0-3 this year. Our running back does not wanna play for us, we dont want Herm or CP anymore and our QB cant just stay healthy! Even though all this ******** is happening there still is some positives about this season! For example . B. Pollard will make a pro bowl ONE DAY haha somp to look forward to, and our 2 rookie Surtain-less Corneres are ranked 4th in the nfl agenst the pass right up there with the best. We have a almost rookie secondary. Both Brandons Are lighting it up..Acc all 3 Brandons r Doing pretty well Cuz what i have seen from Albert is Pretty impressive. If you have anything else POSITIVE about this season u wanna add please do, other than we get the first pick in the draft cuz imo thats not positive that just means we r the worst team in football, and after watching the rams game on nfl replay, they look worse than us and now they are starting Trent Green hahahahahah:clap:

touchdown bowe
09-27-2008, 02:09 PM
Wished we still had Trent Green..

RustShack
09-27-2008, 02:10 PM
If Herm wasn't our HC I would take him too, he doesn't work well in this type of offense though...

touchdown bowe
09-27-2008, 02:13 PM
I wish Carl Peterson gave Al Saunders the HC job like he promised he would..

FKNRUEHH925
09-27-2008, 02:29 PM
None of that was Positive?:confused: haha... Come on, we all know what sucks about the Chiefs already

RustShack
09-27-2008, 02:32 PM
Al isn't HC material...

Gigantes4Life
09-27-2008, 03:59 PM
Neither is Herm.

If we go 0-16 and win our opener next year, we'll have the longest losing streak in the history of the NFL! :)

DonnieE
09-27-2008, 06:56 PM
The reason we are 4th against the pass and 31st against the run is because teams score early and often and go with a run heavy offense to kill the clock..

Why would teams pass the ball the majority of the time when they are already leading by 3 TDs???

That is such a misleading stat...

We are last in the league in Pass ATT/G against with 21.3 att/g...

That means the opposition is throwing less against us than any other team in the league..We have zero INTs..

Now, look at the other dimension, which we are tied for 3rd in rush/g attempts at 37 att/g...

Makes you wonder, huh?

Face it..This is a young team and we are going to be on the wrong end of the win column a lot this season...I am willing to wait until our young guys mature...But, it seems most of you have had blinders on and think we could actually do some damage this season...

How bad were the Colts, Pats, etc...before they turned out to be the dominant teams they are now?

FKNRUEHH925
09-27-2008, 07:14 PM
The reason we are 4th against the pass and 31st against the run is because teams score early and often and go with a run heavy offense to kill the clock..

Why would teams pass the ball the majority of the time when they are already leading by 3 TDs???

That is such a misleading stat...

We are last in the league in Pass ATT/G against with 21.3 att/g...

That means the opposition is throwing less against us than any other team in the league..We have zero INTs..

Now, look at the other dimension, which we are tied for 3rd in rush/g attempts at 37 att/g...

Makes you wonder, huh?

Face it..This is a young team and we are going to be on the wrong end of the win column a lot this season...I am willing to wait until our young guys mature...But, it seems most of you have had blinders on and think we could actually do some damage this season...

How bad were the Colts, Pats, etc...before they turned out to be the dominant teams they are now?

u missed the whole point... thx Suzzie.....In a season full of bad news i was just trying to find SOMETHING positive, a reason to keep cheering, but instead of just saying somp positive u wanna keep bashing, and even the good things about our team ur putting down. It doesnt matter why we are #4 agenst the pass, we juss are and we should be happy about that, not finding way on how we still suck

Tenacious D
09-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Tony G becomes the greatest statistical receiving TE of all-time this season.

FKNRUEHH925
09-27-2008, 07:41 PM
Wished we still had Trent Green..

Ewww....:crazy: but thass just me. i hate Green! i would deff take Huard over Green (right now, if it was 5 years ago ..Green) anyday!

Nvchiefsfan
09-27-2008, 08:36 PM
Here's a positive for you #1 draft choice can you say Stafford so everyone root for the Rams to win a game cause it looks like a Missouri show down for it.

DonnieE
09-27-2008, 10:22 PM
u missed the whole point... thx Suzzie.....In a season full of bad news i was just trying to find SOMETHING positive, a reason to keep cheering, but instead of just saying somp positive u wanna keep bashing, and even the good things about our team ur putting down. It doesnt matter why we are #4 agenst the pass, we juss are and we should be happy about that, not finding way on how we still suck

OK :eyebrow:

Sorry for pissing on your little parade..If you can't see the positive in my post, then you aren't reading into it hard enough..

Our young guys are getting experience...That is the positive I was adding...Think before you respond..

Carry on....

Nvchiefsfan
09-28-2008, 02:34 AM
I agree with you all we need is to add a real Qb in the draft or by trade and our line might be good enough next year to protect our new Qb. Down with Croyle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel
09-28-2008, 11:45 AM
It is unbelievable to see the team implode as they have. I think its time to get creative. Carl needs to go to Japan and sign some sumo wrestlers. They have the perfect stance and cannot be moved. They would be wearing a loin cloth and a helmet. I t would be a significant improvement

rhensley3
09-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Here's a positive for you #1 draft choice can you say Stafford so everyone root for the Rams to win a game cause it looks like a Missouri show down for it.

stafford really sucked yesterday. was around 50% with his passes and threw 3 picks.

o.k....something positive. last year, miami went 1-15 and everybody agreed they were completely woeful. last WEEK, they beat the CRAP out of new england! a short turnaround CAN happen, and it can happen here!

granted, miami gutted the coaching staff and hired a new gm, but they are getting it done. they arent going to the superbowl this year, but they are visably better...remarkably better!

FKNRUEHH925
09-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Stafford was so garbage yesterday.. i have always said he is over rated and he showed it yesterday overthrowing recivers left and right and throwing i think it was 2 picks....i dont see any QBS in the first round... we need o-line DE wr or OLB

Nvchiefsfan
09-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Laurinaitis would be a nice addition, or even Mauluga or however you spell it.

Nvchiefsfan
09-28-2008, 07:48 PM
None of the Qb's that could be 1st rounders this year looked good this week. Bradford looked the best but he is only a sophmore

Pipes
09-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Well we'll see... It's going to be a long year in both College and the NFL...We have lots of holes but we won't know are biggest till probably close to the end.

Nvchiefsfan
09-28-2008, 08:11 PM
Right now I would say our biggest hole is either RT or DE

Pipes
09-28-2008, 08:21 PM
Personally I think MLB is a bigger hole then either...

Kcfanbaby212*
09-28-2008, 10:09 PM
DE and MLB are our biggest needs on defense...i dont think RT is a huge need...because Taylor SHOULD BE our RT...but McIntosh didnt do bad today....and now with Albert hurt...it seems like were a bit short on lineman to fill in lol

RustShack
09-29-2008, 12:59 AM
Stafford was so garbage yesterday.. i have always said he is over rated and he showed it yesterday overthrowing recivers left and right and throwing i think it was 2 picks....i dont see any QBS in the first round... we need o-line DE wr or OLB

Even though Stafford is probably one of the best pro QB prospects to come out in a while, Sanchez isn't too far behind him. Bradford is almost as good of a prospect as Ryan.

kcchiefs_82
09-29-2008, 10:23 PM
I think that our biggest needs in next years draft are gonna be MLB and DE. but I still like Hali, just not on the Right side. I would like to draft Mauluga in the first round next year.

Kcfanbaby212*
09-29-2008, 10:42 PM
Well it didnt help that Hali is yet against...struggling with injuries...***** lol...but yeah..hes on the wrong side.

RustShack
09-29-2008, 10:43 PM
Your pathetic if you can't do anything against the RAIDERS 2nd string LT.

Kcfanbaby212*
09-29-2008, 10:49 PM
well...they are the NFL...they arent exactly bad players...and its not like hes a bad lineman...they just cant pass block...which they didnt have to do anyway...and wouldnt you know it...that LTs BEST ATTRIBUTE is run blocking...So...when do you think Will Franklin will be taking over No Show darlings spot?

RustShack
09-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Your right, when a team has a terrible Oline their backup is good. Really you need to quit making excuses for Hali. Darling has shown more than Franklin I believe.

touchdown bowe
09-29-2008, 10:53 PM
Tamba is almost non existant without Jared Allen anymore..Now teams just focus on Tamba durring gameplan since he's prolly the biggest sack threat..which isnt much of a threat anymore

touchdown bowe
09-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Franklin hasnt had that much playing time..and came off knee surgery a couple weeks ago..

RustShack
09-29-2008, 10:55 PM
He isn't threat at all at RE, there is a reason teams always ran at him last year.. hes not very good at run defense either.

RustShack
09-29-2008, 10:55 PM
He still played in the last two games, has one catch.

Kcfanbaby212*
09-29-2008, 10:58 PM
Your right, when a team has a terrible Oline their backup is good. Really you need to quit making excuses for Hali. Darling has shown more than Franklin I believe.

yeah our #2 WR is on the way to having a monster 12 catch season.....Im not making excuses for Hali...im doing what you have been doing for the past couple of years.....he sucks against the run...well guess what rust...they ran the ball 57 times to 17 passes....nobody got a pass rush that whole game...and it wasnt like they had 30 opporunities to do it. You also said he is on the wrong side...which ive agreed with....Now its your turn to stop trying to play darling like hes something a bit more important than a piece of ******* on my shoe.

RustShack
09-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Right now hes still better than Franklin.

Kcfanbaby212*
09-29-2008, 11:04 PM
He still played in the last two games, has one catch.

lets compare here....Frankling gets maybe 18 offensive plays a game...Darling plays pretty much ALL game...and Frankling has missed 2 games...and is only 2 catches behind...we had 69 pass attempts when frankling was out....weve had 64 since Frankling has been in....give or take about 4-5 pass plays that frankling was actually in on....thats 133 pass attempts for Darling....and maybe 30 for Frankling? Now seriously....if your starting and your team throws a total of 133 passes....you should have more than 3 catches yea?

RustShack
Darling has been looked at more than three WR's, its not his fault we don't have a QB that can hit WR's. We don't have an offense that throws it deep either, thats what Darling is.. a deep threat. So I'll believe you after we have an Oline, QB, and coaches to get him the ball and he still isn't getting it done.

Kcfanbaby212*
Right now hes still better than Franklin.

how? Because he played an NFL snap prior to coming here? Thats about it. IDC what he did to hlep in the past...because were certainly not seeing that here.

Kcfanbaby212*
09-29-2008, 11:06 PM
Darling has been looked at more than three WR's, its not his fault we don't have a QB that can hit WR's. We don't have an offense that throws it deep either, thats what Darling is.. a deep threat. So I'll believe you after we have an Oline, QB, and coaches to get him the ball and he still isn't getting it done.

Sorry...stats dont lie....maybe Darling needs to become more than 1 dimensional? Maybe become a good WR that can go over the middle and make a play? You cant just be a run down the sideline every single pass play type of WR....they are worthless. Well you would think in over 130 passing plays...he would get opened to be looked at?

RustShack
09-29-2008, 11:06 PM
How often do we pass past the line of scrimage? Of those few how many times does the QB look anywhere besides Bowe? After Bowe there is Gonzo. We don't have an offense that spreads the ball around and has time to sit back going through all the progressions.

RustShack
09-29-2008, 11:08 PM
Darling has shown more in real games, he showed more in college, he also looked better in practice. I'll go with that.

Kcfanbaby212*
Thats because Bowe and Gonzo are the only ones who are capable of making a play...or getting seperation. Neither Bowe or Gonzo are 1 dimensional either...they can go over the middle and run good routes...

Kcfanbaby212*
Darling has shown more in real games, he showed more in college, he also looked better in practice. I'll go with that.

You do that...because he certainly isnt showing it now, so their isnt anything else to go by

RustShack
09-29-2008, 11:10 PM
You can talk to me about it after we have a solid line, good QB, and competent HC.

Kcfanbaby212*
09-29-2008, 11:14 PM
hmm...i think Bowe and Gonzo have the same QB, OL and HC as Darling....why can they produce and Darling cant? Seeing how Bowe and Gonzo are often doubled....it should free up Darling yeah?

RustShack
09-29-2008, 11:20 PM
Maybe because bad offenses and running offenses for that matter don't spread it out very often? Because when a QB doesn't have much time they try getting it to their biggest threat?

RustShack
09-29-2008, 11:33 PM
Just like your saying with Morgan, Franklin isn't ready yet. Its not all that common for 2nd WR's to be huge targets in a run heavy offense anyways, especially when your afraid to throw it past the line of scrimage.

Pipes
09-30-2008, 04:35 PM
Dude Darling sucks...I said it in the off-season...He couldn't hack it in Bal where they've needed a go-to guy since Alexander was there..So please tell me why do you think he's a solid compliment to Bowe?... Darling has had the same opportunities as Bowe or Gonz to make a play..But he can't create seperation nor does he have any other intagibles that makes him unique... No I'll just chalk this up as another failed FA experiment!

RustShack
09-30-2008, 04:37 PM
How many more go to guys does Baltimore need besides Mason, Clayton, Heap, and McGahee?

Pipes
09-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Mason (old), Clayton (overrated), Heap (is off IR yet) and McGahee (Not even there go to guy)...

RustShack
09-30-2008, 04:46 PM
Old guys can't be a go to guy? I think Will Franklin is way more over rated than Clayton.

Pipes
09-30-2008, 04:54 PM
Old guy's can be go-to guys... But Mason hasn't been a threat since his early Ten days... And as far as Franklin.. how in Christ name is he overrated!... The Kid's played 1 game and you call him over... Wait a minute I'm talking to Rust!... that explaines the negative tone of this conversation...

RustShack
09-30-2008, 04:57 PM
You guys talk about him like hes the next best thing, like anyone else we draft. Everyone we draft is a potential hall of fame player in your views. Seriously if hes so great why hasn't be sent someone with three catches to the bench? Do you really think you know more about his talent than his coaches? If hes so great why couldn't he be the #1 option on his college team instead of the forth option?

Pipes
09-30-2008, 05:06 PM
He's palyed 1 game as a pro.. Professor... Give the kid a chance!

RustShack
09-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Maybe you need a math lesson since hes been in more than one game.

Pipes
09-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Teach me Professor.....

RustShack
09-30-2008, 05:18 PM
1 game + 1 game = 2 games
1 catch is what we call a variable

touchdown bowe
09-30-2008, 06:17 PM
At first in the preseason..i thought Darling would be a solid WR..didnt happen..so i thought maybe he'll wait til the regular season to show up..well..didnt happen..he signed with the chiefs for job opprotunity..he hasnt earned it..and if anything Franklin will be the number 2 by the end of the season..not because Franklin is that good..but because Darling is that bad..Franklin will be solid the more he plays..and I think he's our future #2 WR for a long time

touchdown bowe
09-30-2008, 06:19 PM
You guys know whats pathetic? Our backup RB Jamaal Charles has more receptions (8) than Darling (3)

RustShack
09-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Thats because we pass to players out of the backfield more than we pass down the field.

touchdown bowe
09-30-2008, 06:50 PM
I dont think its a good thing when your backup RB more than twice the amount of receptions your #2 WR has..

Pipes
09-30-2008, 07:12 PM
1 game + 1 game = 2 games
1 catch is what we call a variable

Ok...your right that would be 2 games... But still I think your evalution is a little premature...

RustShack
09-30-2008, 10:09 PM
I dont think its a good thing when your backup RB more than twice the amount of receptions your #2 WR has..

No its not a good thing at all, they need to open this offense up more. I think after these last couple games Herm may allow a little more to happen. I think the offensive line is starting to do better. If we can improve from the last game I'm pretty sure Darling, Franklin, Webb, and Cottam will all be involved a little more by the end of the year. Right now we are so bad and afraid of mistakes that we only dump it off or give it to our two big threat established guys.

Pipes
10-01-2008, 01:38 AM
I agree with that...

rhensley3
10-01-2008, 09:03 AM
i think that gun has gotten more than his share of #1 picks...this years #1 needs to go to the offense. we need a right tackle...or a left tackle and move albert back to the right side.

oh yah...the topic! hey...we won sunday!!! we will NOT be 0-16!

FKNRUEHH925
10-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Teach me Professor.....

We Only have one rule.......ELE...........EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY:surrender: to much fighting Remember think positive........ we r going to beat the Panthers!!

touchdown bowe
10-01-2008, 10:56 PM
The same panthers that beat the Chargers?..i doubt it..

Pipes
10-01-2008, 11:23 PM
We Only have one rule.......ELE...........EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY:surrender: to much fighting Remember think positive........ we r going to beat the Panthers!!

Little late but thanks for the info...:up: