PDA

View Full Version : is anyone upset with Hobbs calling the fans spoiled?

BostonHooligan1
09-27-2008, 01:28 PM
When i herd what Ellis Hobbs said about the fans i was livid. He classified ALL the fans in one statement, and clearly he is a hipocrit. To call the fans spoiled is funny, do to the fact he is the one whining on t.v about how we booed him and left that murder scene of a game. Doesnt it sound like Hobbs is the one who is a little spoiled. Hell since he has been on the team he has seen nothing but great success, and had the New England faithful cheering him week after week, Even when he got burned in the playoffs and cost us the super bowl. He wasnt on the team for the pre-brady years, obviously, but my point is he doesnt have the right to call us spoiled. We were there for all the years they sucked and still continue to support them. For a relatively new player he made a preatty bold statement about the people who in essence pay his salary. Personally i'd like to see him traded or benched. Maybe im over reacting but i think somone that is in his shoes, losing the superbowl for us, should be happy he still has a job and maybe should stay off the radar. Maybe he would fit better in Dallas, he could get some valuable lessons from T.O about the whole FOOT IN MOUTH thing.

Vthockeydad
09-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Not at all. I think he is correct. Patriot fans have had a lot to cheer about over the past 6 years and we expect to win every week.
This was 1 game !! It was a poor showing but these guys are professionals and I think they will make the playoffs with the easiest schedule in the NFL this year, but will not progress in the playoffs.
Lighten up.

BostonHooligan1
09-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Not at all. I think he is correct. Patriot fans have had a lot to cheer about over the past 6 years and we expect to win every week.
This was 1 game !! It was a poor showing but these guys are professionals and I think they will make the playoffs with the easiest schedule in the NFL this year, but will not progress in the playoffs.
Lighten up.

i disagree, i dont expect to win every week, and i dont think the rest of the pats fans do either. But what i do expect is for them to put up a fight, especialy against a 1-21 team. Im not arguing playoffs im discussing Hobbs statement. And personally as someone who has stuck with the pats through the worst of times i find being called out by a player who is single handedly responsible for a super bowl loss a little offending. We dont need finger pointers on the team and thats exactly what Hobbs is doing, to take the outlook off of the teams poor performance. There should be some type of penalty for calling out the fans. You cant go into your job and tell the people who pay your salary there spoiled and talk crap...any normal person would get fired...but what, hes a pro athlete so the ethics are different? thats lame.

The Intimidator
09-27-2008, 04:36 PM
I was disappointed in the booing fans and with Hobbs. I am disappointed with the fans because we have been so spoiled over the past 7 years, and one poor showing does not justify the verbal berating that the Pats received from the fans on Sunday. I don't fault the fans who got up and left though, because I would have done the same thing. The team that played on Sunday did not deserve to be booed, but it did not deserve the fans' presence in the stands either. As for Hobbs, he shouldn't dare criticize the fans. Without fan support, he doesn't get his game check every week. Don't alienate the people who help make you who you are. That's my opinion. Thoughts?

TheShowzOver
09-27-2008, 06:46 PM
Yea, that was kind of a dumb thing to say. Especially after he got burned in the Super Bowl by Eli and Plax for the win. Make that play, then make that statement. We'd be more than spoiled with 4 super bowls

cmoneytakemoney
09-27-2008, 07:04 PM
I don't expect the Patriots to win every game every year but, to get killed at home by the Dolphins is completely unacceptable. If the Patriots lost a close game to the Dolphins is one thing but, they should never lose that bad to any team at home and most definitely not the Dolphins. I understand teams have bad games but, the whole team quit when they went down by 2 scores so, they definitely deserve to be booed.

Crickr
09-27-2008, 08:20 PM
What happened with the fans booing and leaving is part of their showing the disapointment that the Pats were playing so bad. That doesn't give the right to hobbs who runs his mouth much more then he is qualified as a so-so CB . He needs to shut up and play football make plays and become a threat at his position before the mouth. This isn't the first time he has said things that he shouldn't .

KingJamsI
09-27-2008, 08:27 PM
I'm not. he's right....I like Ellis because he says things things like they are. I prefer that to the athlete propaganda and team talking points crap.

BostonHooligan1
09-27-2008, 09:08 PM
What happened with the fans booing and leaving is part of their showing the disapointment that the Pats were playing so bad. That doesn't give the right to hobbs who runs his mouth much more then he is qualified as a so-so CB . He needs to shut up and play football make plays and become a threat at his position before the mouth. This isn't the first time he has said things that he shouldn't .

couldnt have said it any better!!!

suprised havent recieved as many opinions as i thought....is this not a issue to some pats fans? i think it starts to show a colapse of respect inside the BB reign.

The Intimidator
09-27-2008, 09:14 PM
couldnt have said it any better!!!

suprised havent recieved as many opinions as i thought....is this not a issue to some pats fans? i think it starts to show a colapse of respect inside the BB reign.

It's not a big deal if they put forth a good effort next week against San Fran.

ERLynx
09-27-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm not. he's right....I like Ellis because he says things things like they are. I prefer that to the athlete propaganda and team talking points crap.

says things like they are? why doesnt he say that the defense got blown out, overwhelmed and destroyed?

i like ellis just fine but when you get jacked up by the DOLPHINS, you deserve to be booed. no matter who is doing the booing. if i were a Rams fan, and the Dolphins did that to my team, and i was there, i would boo too.

Pats defense laid a focking egg vs. Miami. Hobbs shares the blame.

Shock & Awe....
09-28-2008, 01:06 AM
Oh... the irony of a pampered millionaire paid to play a game calling the working class who pays his salary "spoiled"....

The Intimidator
09-28-2008, 02:06 AM
Oh... the irony of a pampered millionaire paid to play a game calling the working class who pays his salary "spoiled"....

Exactly my point. Without the support (both monetary and emotional) of the fans, these athletes wouldn't be where they are right now. Athletes 30 or 40 years ago had to get an offseason job just to make end's meet. But today's athletes don't know what to with all their money, which is why Hobbs' comments pissed me off so much. Just shut your mouth and make plays, Ellis. If you keep flappin your mouth instead of making plays, you turn into Freddie Mitchell.

Vthockeydad
09-28-2008, 09:51 AM
Some of you guys are absolutely ridiculous. Was it a bad game for the Pats ? Probably one of the worst games they have played in years. It is one game for crying out load. The defense had a horrible game. Should the Patriots have beaten the Dolphins, yes. Should the Patripts have beaten the Rams back 6 years ago, no.
Yes, Ellis Hobbs blew the coverage in the Superbowl last year on the play that gave the Giants the win. It is so easy to be armchair quarterback and whine and ***** about everything. He is a good ball player and gives his best. A majority of the people posting on this thread are big time Patriot fans, I know, but we are also spoiled.
Lighten up. It the Patriots have several games in a row like that, I will be upset as well, but wake up. The Patriots, with Belichick and all the other coaches working with the players, will have a successful season. Without Brady, they will not win the Superbowl, we all know that but to whine and ***** because one player called some of the fans to task is over reacting.

tonyd3b54
09-28-2008, 10:37 AM
hobbs is right

BostonHooligan1
09-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Some of you guys are absolutely ridiculous. Was it a bad game for the Pats ? Probably one of the worst games they have played in years. It is one game for crying out load. The defense had a horrible game. Should the Patriots have beaten the Dolphins, yes. Should the Patripts have beaten the Rams back 6 years ago, no.
Yes, Ellis Hobbs blew the coverage in the Superbowl last year on the play that gave the Giants the win. It is so easy to be armchair quarterback and whine and ***** about everything. He is a good ball player and gives his best. A majority of the people posting on this thread are big time Patriot fans, I know, but we are also spoiled.
Lighten up. It the Patriots have several games in a row like that, I will be upset as well, but wake up. The Patriots, with Belichick and all the other coaches working with the players, will have a successful season. Without Brady, they will not win the Superbowl, we all know that but to whine and ***** because one player called some of the fans to task is over reacting.

Hobbs in no way is right. To call us spoiled is rediculous. If we were so spoliled no one would have came back this year after the superbowl loss, thanks to hobbs. To say we are spoiled because we are acustomed to winning is rediculous. we won three out of 4 superbowl in the last 7 years, remarkable yes, but hobbs wasnt part of any of it, he was welcomed right in to a winning team. But also we won those in 01, 03, 04...so for the last 3- 4 years...we HAVE NOT WON. So if we won the superbowl last year and then this incident happened...yes, were spoiled, but as fans after losing a horrible defeat to a team who didnt deserve to carry brady jock strap in the superbowl we expect to see changes made where things went wrong..and somehow...someway.....hobbs is still on the team. And NOW he is calling the fans out...you mine as well let him in your house and let him smack your mama if u agree with this disrespect. just because he is a pro athlete doesnt mean he can say whatever he wants... i mean hell hobbs over Samuel...what the hell was BB thinking?

KingJamsI
09-28-2008, 12:41 PM
says things like they are? why doesnt he say that the defense got blown out, overwhelmed and destroyed?

"They controlled pretty much every phase of the game... As a whole, we didn't do a good job adjusting to pretty much anything."

Pretty much what he said in not so many words.

The Intimidator
09-28-2008, 01:50 PM
"They controlled pretty much every phase of the game... As a whole, we didn't do a good job adjusting to pretty much anything."

Pretty much what he said in not so many words.

Sorry Lynx. You know I love you, but KingJams served you right there.

ERLynx
09-28-2008, 05:13 PM
yea. i didnt even read the article. I was just speculating, per usual. I am the anti stat boy. king jams owns me on this board.

The Intimidator
09-28-2008, 06:58 PM
yea. i didnt even read the article. I was just speculating, per usual. I am the anti stat boy. king jams owns me on this board.

We all have our moments. :D

Shock & Awe....
09-29-2008, 12:06 AM
I don't have an issue with people thinking that we're spoiled... because I think we are. We've had so much success between the Pats, Sox and C's while there are some cities that haven't seen success in... well, forever.

I just don't think Ellis has any right to point it out.... especially after he played like that.

bagwell368
09-29-2008, 07:39 AM
I've been on he fence about this. The only thing that is clear is this: Hobbs did no favors for himself talking about it.

Various points:

Foxboro traffic is legendary, why not leave early too maybe rescue part of the day?

Fans pay a ton for tickets, if the entertainment they pay for isn't good, maybe they deserve to boo.

Only a fraction < 15% IMO booed, the rest just sat.

The Pats have been great, maybe they have spoiled us.

Doesn't everyone and every entity deserve to have a stink bomb every now and then, I mean the 'Boys just laid an egg on Sunday and the boy in our midst is defending them.

BRADY4MVP
09-29-2008, 11:55 AM
I don't expect the Patriots to win every game every year but, to get killed at home by the Dolphins is completely unacceptable. If the Patriots lost a close game to the Dolphins is one thing but, they should never lose that bad to any team at home and most definitely not the Dolphins. I understand teams have bad games but, the whole team quit when they went down by 2 scores so, they definitely deserve to be booed.

exactly, couldnt have said it better

griff141
09-29-2008, 01:49 PM
We can't expect to win every game. Even at 2-1 I still think were in pretty good shape so I'm not worrying too much. As for Hobbs calling us spoiled, I think he's right. We've had more success in 7 years than some teams have had in the entire existence of the franchise. I can't see us winning a superbowl this year with Cassel anyway so I honestly wouldn't care if we finished with a less than good record as long as everybody is clearly trying as hard as they can. Next year we will reload with even more talent and I think we'll be cocked and locked for another title run. But for now, it's someone else's turn.

KingJamsI
09-29-2008, 09:36 PM

hah. everyone has their days