PDA

View Full Version : What is Your Post Season Roster?

hoffmkr
09-27-2008, 01:03 PM
What do you think about Post Season Roster?
Here is my 25 man:

Batters - 14
Martin - C
Ardoin - C
Loney - 1B
Dewitt - 2B
Kent - 2B
Berora - SS
Ozuna - SS
Blake - 3B
Manny - OF
Either - OF
Kemp - OF
Pierre - OF
Young - OF
Nomar - IF

Pitchers - 11
Bills
Lowe
Kuroda
Kershaw
Maddux
Wade
Broxton
Beimel
Park
McDonald
Saito

FYI, with so many players on the DL and the deadline, pretty much EVERYONE is elibigle due to DL replacement rules.

People staying home:
Furcal, Sweeney, Repko, Hu
Kuo, Elbert, Johnson, Proctor, Stults, Troncoso

mcpeepants23200
09-27-2008, 01:08 PM
What do you think about Post Season Roster?
Here is my 25 man:

Batters - 14
Martin - C
Ardoin - C
Loney - 1B
Dewitt - 2B
Kent - 2B
Berora - SS
Ozuna - SS
Blake - 3B
Manny - OF
Either - OF
Kemp - OF
Pierre - OF
Young - OF
Nomar - IF

Pitchers - 11
Bills
Lowe
Kuroda
Kershaw
Maddux
Wade
Broxton
Beimel
Park
McDonald
Saito

FYI, with so many players on the DL and the deadline, pretty much EVERYONE is elibigle due to DL replacement rules.

People staying home:
Furcal, Sweeney, Repko, Hu
Kuo, Elbert, Johnson, Proctor, Stults, Troncoso

I'd honestly inculde Furcal over Ozuna. Furcal can provide what Ozuna provides at his best right now, solid fielding and speed, plus he has the potential to contribute so much more. As for the pitching I don't know when Kuo is going to be healthy but when he is he needs to be on there. Also Proctor has been very good lately and I'd rather see him than Maddux. In the second round with a longer series I could see Maddux being on the roster but for the first round I'd rather have Proctor.

Shawh
09-27-2008, 01:37 PM
I'd honestly inculde Furcal over Ozuna. Furcal can provide what Ozuna provides at his best right now, solid fielding and speed, plus he has the potential to contribute so much more. As for the pitching I don't know when Kuo is going to be healthy but when he is he needs to be on there. Also Proctor has been very good lately and I'd rather see him than Maddux. In the second round with a longer series I could see Maddux being on the roster but for the first round I'd rather have Proctor.

I'd take Furcal as well. That is, if he feels healthy and looks comfortable after the next two games. Kuo won't be available (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-dodfyi27-2008sep27,0,1120853.story) for the first round, unfortunately.

BlueZoo
09-27-2008, 01:49 PM
If Proctor is being omitted because of last night's performance, then I seriously have to consider the same for Brox...and Proctor has playoff experience doesn't he?

4everblue
09-27-2008, 02:05 PM
Same her with Furcal over Ozuna.

I would drop McD for Proctor and maybe Chan Ho if Kuo is ready. Chan Ho looks tired and is not performing as he was before.

bestlakersfan
09-27-2008, 02:09 PM
Duplicate thread. There is one called "Playoff Roster".

Please be a bit more aware of threads out there before you post.

DogBoy_3_18
09-27-2008, 03:48 PM
Kuo is out according to Kennedy. Just said it on the the pre-game show

Dodgerballs43
09-27-2008, 04:01 PM
Does anybody know who we are likely to play in the first round? I cant find it anywhere...

FlawlessKB24
09-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Does anybody know who we are likely to play in the first round? I cant find it anywhere...

If Milwaukee wins the Wild Card we will play the Cubs
If the Mets win the Wild Card we will play the Phillies
If the Mets miraculously win the NL East and the Phillies win the WC, we get the Mets (aboout a 1% chance of happening)

BlueMouse
09-27-2008, 05:32 PM
I agree with others on here in the changes I would make to Hoffs proposed roster:

Furcal over Ozuna
Proctor over McDonald

I also think if we face the Cubs, Torre will keep Park on the roster. If we face the Phillies, Park will be replaced by Elbert.

Krush
09-27-2008, 06:00 PM
Furcal over ozuna, and maybe kuo over park if he is healthy enough.