PDA

View Full Version : Should L.Odom come off the bench??

Lkrboy08
09-26-2008, 11:06 AM
Dear fellow Laker and basketball fans...:D

Theres been some news regarding L.Odom going to the bench and having T.Ariza start at the 3 and seems like Odom is open to the idea. This move would bolster bench (big time!) due to L.Odom's versatility and solidify the starting line up at the defensive end (with Bynum, Gasol and well of course Kobe). With this move the Lakers can put together all different types of line up during games and strengthen the team overall, getting T.Ariza involved and etc... as much i was sad to see R.Turiaf leave if this move may help us forget about Ronni, whom all Laker fans came to love.

Just thought I asked my fellow basketball fans :cheers:

L.Odom...NBA 6th man award winner in 08-09 season???

Zefflin
09-26-2008, 11:09 AM
Could very well be 6th man of the year...I like the idea. But I'll just wait and see what happens opening night.

barreleffact
09-26-2008, 03:51 PM
no

MiamiHeat
09-26-2008, 03:53 PM
no

/thread

_Sn1P3r_
09-26-2008, 04:16 PM
They could test it out and just base their final choice on that. It wouldn't be bad though. You'll see Odom and Manu going at it while leading their second unit.

Fireworld
09-26-2008, 05:03 PM
lakers thread please.

hdxstunts1
09-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Yes! He should either be 6th man or Starting Sf. I really dont think hes that good but all the laker fans do so! Really I think he should be about 8-9th man!

JPHX
09-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Lakers would have a front line of all 7 footers if odom started. IMO thats crazy and a tough starting lineup. he should start

JordansBulls
09-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Dear fellow Laker and basketball fans...:D

Theres been some news regarding L.Odom going to the bench and having T.Ariza start at the 3 and seems like Odom is open to the idea. This move would bolster bench (big time!) due to L.Odom's versatility and solidify the starting line up at the defensive end (with Bynum, Gasol and well of course Kobe). With this move the Lakers can put together all different types of line up during games and strengthen the team overall, getting T.Ariza involved and etc... as much i was sad to see R.Turiaf leave if this move may help us forget about Ronni, whom all Laker fans came to love.

Just thought I asked my fellow basketball fans :cheers:

L.Odom...NBA 6th man award winner in 08-09 season???

If they have enough offense in the starting lineup then he should come off the bench for some added firepower.

Lkrboy08
09-26-2008, 05:42 PM
Lakers would have a front line of all 7 footers if odom started. IMO thats crazy and a tough starting lineup. he should start

true, true

but my question is how would that line up handle gettin up and down the floor?

JPHX
09-26-2008, 06:21 PM
i dont think getting up and down the floor is a problem. Odom is great running the lanes as well as Gasol. i would have bynum, gasol, and Odom start. then get ariza in for bynum and have everyone shift. now LA can run their small ball with ariza at the 3. its a nice versitile lineup but then again it would also depend on the matchups.

Wilson
09-26-2008, 07:48 PM
Yes! He should either be 6th man or Starting Sf. I really dont think hes that good but all the laker fans do so! Really I think he should be about 8-9th man!

There are a lot of Laker fans who aren't big Odom fans...

His big problem is aggresiveness. He's a great passer and is versatile, but he's just not aggresive enough to really scare teams. If he came off the bench playing aggresively it would really help the Lakers, but if he's only going to pass then he's better off in the starting line-up to set up Kobe, Pau and Bynum.

Beno7500
09-26-2008, 07:51 PM
no