PDA

View Full Version : The old is back: White Sox vs. Indians (8/26-8/28)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Tragedy
09-26-2008, 12:22 AM
Back at the beginning of the season, I came in and did some IGT's. The White Sox went something like 4-0 or 3-1 in those series. So, here's hoping this helps.

Friday, September 26
U.S. Cellular Field | 7:11 PM CT

Scott Lewis, LHP (3-0, 1.42)
Indians (79-80)

Scouting Report:
Lewis showed that he is, in fact, human in his third career start on Sunday, though he was still able to pick up his third win in as many opportunities. Lewis worked five innings and gave up three runs in the Indians' big win over the Tigers. His 15-inning scoreless inning streak was snapped in the second inning, when he allowed a run in on a double play. Lewis was finally touched up for his first career home run when Edgar Renteria launched one in his final inning of work. Surprisingly, though, Lewis, not known for his velocity or nasty stuff, picked up six strikeouts to go along with three walks. This will be Lewis' first career start against the White Sox.

@

John Danks, LHP (11-8, 3.20)
White Sox (86-72)

Scouting Report:
Danks responded to the challenge of what Ozzie Guillen dubbed as the team's biggest game of the year by throwing seven scoreless innings during the White Sox 3-0 victory Sunday at Kauffman Stadium. Danks allowed four hits in seven-plus innings, striking out three and walking one, extending his scoreless innings streak to 13 straight. He threw 62 of his 90 pitches for strikes and will come back Friday on regular rest in a start that could lock down the American League Central title. Danks has a 0-1 record and 2.89 ERA in three starts against the Indians this season and is 4-5 with a 3.46 ERA at U.S. Cellular Field.

Saturday, September 27
U.S. Cellular Field | 6:05 PM CT

Zach Jackson, LHP (1-3, 5.96)
Indians (79-80)

Scouting Report:
Jackson turned in the best of his eight starts for the Tribe on Monday night in Boston, and he has his first win as a member of the Indians to show for it. In six innings, Jackson allowed just two runs on six hits with four walks and four strikeouts. Had a potential RBI double by Jeff Bailey not instead hit the third-base umpire and resulted in a bizarre putout, the damage off Jackson might have been worse. But this outing still showed him making some big pitches in big situations. He will face the White Sox for the first time.

@

Javier Vazquez, RHP (12-15, 4.46)
White Sox (86-72)

Scouting Report:
Depending on how the White Sox final two games at the Metrodome play out, Vazquez might not be needed on three days' rest. But if the White Sox have yet to lock up the American League Central by Saturday, then the right-hander will make start No. 33. Pitching with an ear infection on Tuesday, Vazquez was tagged for five earned runs on seven hits over four innings. He struck out three and walked one, exiting after 78 pitches, shortening him up for Saturday's possible return. Vazquez has a 2-1 record with a 4.13 ERA against the Indians this season and has a 7-6 record at U.S. Cellular, but he lost his last start on three days' rest, at Yankee Stadium.

Sunday, September 28
U.S. Cellular Field | 1:05 PM CT

Cliff Lee, LHP (22-3, 2.54)
Indians (79-80)

Scouting Report:
Lee is penciled in for now, but that could change if the White Sox playoff fate is wrapped up by Sunday. Lee was saddled with his first loss in 78 days when he gave up five runs on nine hits with three walks and eight strikeouts to the Red Sox on Tuesday night at Fenway Park. Thus ended his streak of victories in 11 straight decisions. Lee could be running out of gas as his Cy Young-worthy 2008 season draws to a close. He has given up 14 runs, 12 of which have been earned, on 30 hits, including four home runs, in his last three outings, only one of which has resulted in a win. Lee has worked 223 1/3 innings after tossing 145 1/3 between the Majors and Minors last year. That's the second-highest innings total in the American League this season. He is 1-0 with a 0.53 ERA in two starts against the White Sox this season.

@

Mark Buehrle, LHP (14-12, 3.87)
White Sox (86-72)

Scouting Report:
It will be interesting to see how Buehrle comes back on three days rest after throwing a season-high 121 pitches in Wednesday's 3-2 loss to the Twins. But White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper said the earliest of plans has Buehrle working Sunday, if the White Sox still have not clinched or been eliminated. Buehrle allowed eighth hits and three runs on Wednesday, striking out three and walking four, as he battled his control all night. Buehrle has a 0-1 record and 9.22 ERA over three starts against the Indians this year, but he also features a 10-3 record with a 2.74 ERA at home.

TheHotCorner7
09-26-2008, 12:23 AM
We must sweepppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppp

GrinderBall41
Hell yes Trag youre the man. I wish I could say I would cheer for the Red Sox for you but my roommates a sawx fan and hes a tool.

JDIsMyGod23
This thread has as much potential as Chris Harris in the WWE.

Tragedy
09-26-2008, 12:24 AM
:laugh:

iDaBears85
09-26-2008, 12:24 AM
This thread has as much potential as the White Sox to win the division

kingbrentg
09-26-2008, 12:25 AM
Lewis and Lee will pwnt us.

iDaBears85
09-26-2008, 12:27 AM
I was gonna suggest our favorite guy Farmio to do the in game thread but I guess this will work.

Can I make the Royals and Twin's thread where we pretend to be Twin's fans. Also I was thinking....what if WE all put the Homer Hanky in our sig....then the Twin's will get OUR luck which is pretty much rock bottom

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 12:27 AM
I was gonna suggest our favorite guy Farmio to do the in game thread but I guess this will work.

Can I make the Royals and Twin's thread where we pretend to be Twin's fans. Also I was thinking....what if WE all put the Homer Hanky in our sig....then the Twin's will get OUR luck which is pretty much rock bottom

Do it I'll sticky that **** and lock the Twins thread.

TheHotCorner7
09-26-2008, 12:28 AM
I tried everything today as far as luck. Wore my lucky boxers, lucky shirt, lucky shorts. Even ran home from the library across campus after I heard the game was tied 6-6 in extras listening to "Dont Stop Believin." Today made me forget all superstitions the rest of my life. Thanks Sox.

iDaBears85
09-26-2008, 12:28 AM
I'll do it in a minute... I have to drop a huge deuce that I've been holding since the 4th inning

iDaBears85
09-26-2008, 12:30 AM
BTW I appreciate the effort put into this thread...no colors...no big font...no nicknames

Maybe we'll sweep

TheHotCorner7
09-26-2008, 12:34 AM
Just wanted to say we probably produced roughly 2.3 percent of all time posts in the White Sox forum today alone

Tragedy
09-26-2008, 12:34 AM
BTW I appreciate the effort put into this thread...no colors...no big font...no nicknames

Maybe we'll sweep
Yeah, that's how I roll'd when I was made White Sox mod way back when (Beginning of this season).

iDaBears85
09-26-2008, 12:52 AM
I bet those Boston IGT has fancy pictures and colors and you can probably say words like **** *** ***** **** dick **** and ****

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 12:55 AM
Go Twins! :cheer:

iDaBears85
09-26-2008, 12:57 AM
BTW Trag...back in 8/26 we were still in first place....oh the memories

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 01:00 AM
Costanza Pride!

iDaBears85
09-26-2008, 01:01 AM
I'm almost done with the Royals Twins thread

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 01:03 AM
I would like to challenge any forum on PSD who has as much fun as us no matter what. Because we all are insane.

whitesoxbowler
09-26-2008, 01:07 AM
Here's my addition to "opposites attract" mode!!!

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 01:20 AM
I will say this. We are playing on Monday.

iDaBears85
09-26-2008, 01:23 AM
I will go as far as to say that we are playing on Sunday as well

Bound To Lose
09-26-2008, 02:11 AM
Go White Sox! :cheer:

rico
09-26-2008, 02:42 AM
cant believe we got swept. now im scurred.

WindyCityFlyer
09-26-2008, 08:32 AM
I turned it off when it became 6-6 and hoped for the best. I knew it wasn't coming though :sigh: Lets sweep the Indians.

WindyCityFlyer
09-26-2008, 08:40 AM
:laugh: Procision is banned for a month :laugh: (idiot)

chitown712
09-26-2008, 08:43 AM
We will win for simple matter...............the Twins fans dont care.................a Dome doesnt have real baseball..............they play glorified softball.............WE care.............the Sox fans who work their *** of during the week so they can enjoy some baseball...........Sox fans are loyal..........even Obama said the Southside is Chicago baseball...........we WANT it that much more than the Twins..........I expect to see a pissed off OC getting in someones face and getting this **** going.............It means so much more to us...........Lets go boys..........

WindyCityFlyer
09-26-2008, 08:48 AM
We will win for simple matter...............the Twins fans dont care.................a Dome doesnt have real baseball..............they play glorified softball.............WE care.............the Sox fans who work their *** of during the week so they can enjoy some baseball...........Sox fans are loyal..........even Obama said the Southside is Chicago baseball...........we WANT it that much more than the Twins..........I expect to see a pissed off OC getting in someones face and getting this **** going.............It means so much more to us...........Lets go boys..........

I bet if we continue to tank, someone is getting in a fight. Then I am 100% sure that OC will not be back next year.

BTW, put the Homer Hanky in your sig. It worked for Gavin last night. (only Gavin)

WSU Tony
09-26-2008, 09:23 AM

Twins fans cared last night as you could see in the dome
The dome isn't real baseball
Glorified softball just swept you guys
Obama? What does he know about baseball?
The effort and "want" wasn't obvious this past series
I expect your team to be pissed too.
I expect them to get going as well.

Bound To Lose
09-26-2008, 09:38 AM
We will win for simple matter...............the Twins fans dont care

That's just not true. We are just as passionate as any fans, anywhere. Just because we don't say we are going to commit suicide or whatever when we lose, does not mean we don't care.

a Dome doesnt have real baseball..............they play glorified softball............

The dimensions are that of any normal ballpark. Being a dome really has nothing to do with anything.

Luck had nothing to do with the Twins success this season and in that series. I wish everyone could just get over the whole idea.

WindyCityFlyer
09-26-2008, 09:40 AM
Twins fans cared last night as you could see in the dome
The dome isn't real baseball
Glorified softball just swept you guys
Obama? What does he know about baseball?
The effort and "want" wasn't obvious this past series
I expect your team to be pissed too.
I expect them to get going as well.

This is the White Sox/Indians IGT. Please take your comments elsewhere, such as...

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26

DaSox_05
09-26-2008, 09:46 AM
Hey I heard on ESPN 1000 Mike & Mike that Cliff Lee has a stiff neck and might not pitch Sunday so thats a positive.

WSU Tony
09-26-2008, 09:49 AM
This is the White Sox/Indians IGT. Please take your comments elsewhere, such as...

I guess that offer is extended to this guy too then?

I'm not going to read things like "Twins fans don't care" "glorified softball" and not comment back. I didn't say anything bad about the sox, unlike your fellow sox fan about the Twins. Hhis whole post was about the Twins, so a comment doesn't hurt.

I do agree with him though, a dome isn't real baseball. I can't wait to get back outside.

Do you guys like the pitching matchups for the Sox/Indians series?

Bound To Lose
09-26-2008, 09:52 AM

That's pretty old, and still not funny.

And as you can see, still not working.

DaSox_05
09-26-2008, 09:57 AM
Since I cant type in the IGT for the Twin series last night. Im going to type my frustration here. All i got to say is the umpires suck there were so many bad calls in last nights game its not even funny. Where the umps on the Twins payroll??? Horrible call on Swishers check swing strike out in the 9th and even worse call was the FOUL ball down the line in left field I believe Young hit it and it resulted in a run the damn ump was standing 5 feet away. Those 2 plays were huge in the outcome of the game.

Bound To Lose
09-26-2008, 09:59 AM
Since I cant type in the IGT for the Twin series last night. Im going to type my frustration here. All i got to say is the umpires suck there were so many bad calls in last nights game its not even funny. Where the umps on the Twins payroll??? Horrible call on Swishers check swing strike out in the 9th and even worse call was the FOUL ball down the line in left field I believe Young hit it and it resulted in a run the damn ump was standing 5 feet away. Those 2 plays were huge in the outcome of the game.

[

DaSox_05
09-26-2008, 10:01 AM
LOL!! Not making excuses but when umps blow calls in a huge game its kinda frustrating.

unBEARable24
09-26-2008, 10:03 AM
everybody hates when umps blow calls. But theres no way around it those dumbasses will continue to screw players on calls

Bound To Lose
09-26-2008, 10:03 AM
I hear ya.

unBEARable24
09-26-2008, 10:04 AM
so your a twins fan i see.....tisk tisk...lol

unBEARable24
09-26-2008, 10:05 AM
thats bad news for a white sox page...sepcially at this point in time...lol

Bound To Lose
09-26-2008, 10:06 AM
I really couldn't care less. I ain't baiting.

unBEARable24
09-26-2008, 10:08 AM
lol yea thats how I am...im the only one in my family whose a white sox fan...it very sad..but i respect pretty much any other team becuase its wrong to hate a team for no reason

unBEARable24
09-26-2008, 10:09 AM
being 25 miles south of chicago kinda sets the presidence for what team your going to root for..lol

WSU Tony
09-26-2008, 10:12 AM
the damn ump was standing 5 feet away.

So he had a better view than you and me? Even the replays don't show you within 5 feet. :p When I get to see it from closer than 5 feet, then I'll bash the ump.

You guys didn't play well, period. The energy was on the Twins side and they showed tons of emotion. Honestly, I think it would take more than a few calls to make this series swing.

Bound To Lose
09-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Like Ozzie said, you guys had One good inning last night. The Twins were hitting the ball around All night.

FarmioFan1
09-26-2008, 10:19 AM
**** my life.

whitesoxbowler
09-26-2008, 10:20 AM
How about the Carlos Gomez pickoff play? That hardly had nothing to do with the final outcome. Yes, we still gave up the next hit, but he wouldn't of scored sitting on the bench. That missed call was huge.

The Swisher call wasn't too upsetting because we still would have needed either three more walks, three more hits, or a homer to score him from first.

But you have to admit you guys had ALOT of balls that managed to find areas that didn't have defenders.

Overall, not tremendously surprised we got swept by a team that plays us tough at their park.

DaSox_05
09-26-2008, 10:21 AM
So he had a better view than you and me? Even the replays don't show you within 5 feet. :p When I get to see it from closer than 5 feet, then I'll bash the ump.

You guys didn't play well, period. The energy was on the Twins side and they showed tons of emotion. Honestly, I think it would take more than a few calls to make this series swing.

That ball was clearly foul. A run scored on that hit. So if it wasnt a hit no run would of scored.

Bound To Lose
09-26-2008, 10:22 AM
But you have to admit you guys had ALOT of balls that managed to find areas that didn't have defenders.

We've done that ALL YEAR.

That's what we do.

It's not luck, it's a skill.

Bound To Lose
09-26-2008, 10:23 AM
That ball was clearly foul. A run scored on that hit. So if it wasnt a hit no run would of scored.

LOL. Would of could of should of. These things mean nothing.

Am I wrong?

WSU Tony
09-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Ozzy hates playing the Twins and can you blame him? We don't get homers, we get bloops, bunt, steal, and hit doubles.

You saying our bloop hits are lucky is just like us saying your home runs are lucky. Live by the homer, die by the homer......

ZZconflict was in the twins forum saying how your offense is so much better because it's a power offense. What is he saying now that the Twins have outscored the Sox this season? Luck doesn't ride for 162 games.

Bound To Lose
09-26-2008, 10:27 AM
Zing!

whitesoxbowler
09-26-2008, 10:51 AM
So when one player swings the bat, gets jammed, breaks his bat, and the ball lands 130/140 feet away from home plate, lands and because of the spin of the ball, rolls past a fielder and the hitter runs all the way home to win a game and another player swings the bat, catches a ball off the sweet part of the bat, hits the ball 400 feet, over the fence, for a walk off homer, your telling me they are both equally lucky and skilled? Honestly, do you really believe that to be true?

Hitting a convential over the fence homer has nothing to do with luck. Yeah, you may get lucky and get a hanging breaking ball, but you still have to hit it. When you hit tweener, and the ball falls between an infielder and an outfielder, that has very little to skill.

I guess Uribe is "skilled" because he knew the exact spot to hit the ball off of Slowey's body to make the ball go exactly three feet away from him to a spot on the field where he would have to make a throw to first base that he couldn't make. Boy, that's one skill I would like all my players to have. :sigh:

Fool
09-26-2008, 10:59 AM
Come on boys, we can do this... :mad: it shouldn't have come to this anyway..

Go Royals.

Bound To Lose
09-26-2008, 11:16 AM
So when one player swings the bat, gets jammed, breaks his bat, and the ball lands 130/140 feet away from home plate, lands and because of the spin of the ball, rolls past a fielder and the hitter runs all the way home to win a game and another player swings the bat, catches a ball off the sweet part of the bat, hits the ball 400 feet, over the fence, for a walk off homer, your telling me they are both equally lucky and skilled? Honestly, do you really believe that to be true?

Hitting a convential over the fence homer has nothing to do with luck. Yeah, you may get lucky and get a hanging breaking ball, but you still have to hit it. When you hit tweener, and the ball falls between an infielder and an outfielder, that has very little to skill.

I guess Uribe is "skilled" because he knew the exact spot to hit the ball off of Slowey's body to make the ball go exactly three feet away from him to a spot on the field where he would have to make a throw to first base that he couldn't make. Boy, that's one skill I would like all my players to have. :sigh:

You are over complicating it. It's called hitting it where they aren't. What happens after that, happens.

WhiteSoxLifer
09-26-2008, 11:57 AM
What are you Twins fans gonna do if you make the post-season and you have to hang out in your lame forum where no one responds to you or cares what you are doing?

WindyCityFlyer
09-26-2008, 11:58 AM
Come on boys, we can do this... :mad: it shouldn't have come to this anyway..

Go Royals.

Cubs fans sticking up for us! I like it.

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 11:58 AM
Guys! Just please stop with the fighting. I know it's hard to, but just please.

FarmioFan1
09-26-2008, 12:08 PM
I will straight up murder the next Sox fan that responds to Twins fan in this forum.

WindyCityFlyer
09-26-2008, 12:09 PM
I will straight up murder the next Sox fan that responds to Twins fan in this forum.

haha, your edit, :laugh:

WhiteSoxLifer
09-26-2008, 12:10 PM
For Christ sake can you guys please take that homer hankey gayness off your sigs. It makes me want to puke!!

duck610
09-26-2008, 12:10 PM
good news sportscenter just said that cliff lee has a stiff neck and most likely wont be able to pitch on sunday.

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 12:11 PM
:laugh2: Oh, Farmio. I wish you found this place a long, long, time ago.

FarmioFan1
Things can escalate quickly.

JDIsMyGod23
For Christ sake can you guys please take that homer hankey gayness off your sigs. It makes me want to puke!!

We will see what it does for tonight. If it doesn't work. Then back to a normal JD sig. :sigh:

WindyCityFlyer
09-26-2008, 12:13 PM
good news sportscenter just said that cliff lee has a stiff neck and most likely wont be able to pitch on sunday.

That IS good news.

FarmioFan1
09-26-2008, 12:13 PM
I did find this place a long time ago. This one guy was a total tool, so I stopped posting.

WindyCityFlyer
09-26-2008, 12:14 PM
I did find this place a long time ago. This one guy was a total tool, so I stopped posting.

You are the reason why post counts don't matter. Quality not quantity.

FarmioFan1
09-26-2008, 12:16 PM
I think he got banned though. GB41 had a sig bet with him.

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 12:16 PM

Who, who!?!?!

:jumpy:

Or does he still post? :eyebrow:

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 12:17 PM
Ohh.... I think I know who you are talking about. And it was WSF with the bet.

FarmioFan1
09-26-2008, 12:18 PM
I can't remember his name now. He was a tool like 4 to 5 months ago, then I just remembered he was an *** again a couple of weeks ago.

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 12:19 PM
:laugh2: at the new sig.

FarmioFan1
09-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Esz

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Esz

:nod: What I thought.

WSU Tony
09-26-2008, 12:28 PM
So when one player swings the bat, gets jammed, breaks his bat, and the ball lands 130/140 feet away from home plate, lands and because of the spin of the ball, rolls past a fielder and the hitter runs all the way home to win a game and another player swings the bat, catches a ball off the sweet part of the bat, hits the ball 400 feet, over the fence, for a walk off homer, your telling me they are both equally lucky and skilled?

600 at bats X 5 swings per at bat = 3,000 swings. A player with 25 HR's is though of as a power threat. When 1 swing means a .0083 (.83%) (less than 1 fricken percent!) chance at a home run yes, I consider it lucky. These guys go up and swing and if they happen to hit it JUST right, they get a homer. I don't care what technique they swing with, those odds come down to luck.

Don't compare your rather large sized roster to the Twins rather small sized roster when talking about homerun hitting. You could make an arugment that hitting for average, bunting, moving guys over, and playing small ball takes more skill than sending a big bopper up to the plate and telling him to swing hard.

Their are more bloop singles during a season (for any team hitting with a respectable average) than home runs so since home runs are more rare, I'd consider them even luckier than bloop singles.

DaSox_05
09-26-2008, 12:29 PM
Can someone please try to explain to me why I should be pumped about this upcoming series with the Indians and maybe the make up game with the Tigers I need a pep talk.

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Can someone please try to explain to me why I should be pumped about this upcoming series with the Indians and maybe the make up game with the Tigers I need a pep talk.

Farmio. He is asking for you.

WhiteSoxLifer
09-26-2008, 12:31 PM
600 at bats X 5 swings per at bat = 3,000 swings. A player with 25 HR's is though of as a power threat. When 1 swing means a .0083 (.83%) (less than 1 fricken percent!) chance at a home run yes, I consider it lucky. These guys go up and swing and if they happen to hit it JUST right, they get a homer. I don't care what technique they swing with, those odds come down to luck.

Don't compare your rather large sized roster to the Twins rather small sized roster when talking about homerun hitting. You could make an arugment that hitting for average, bunting, moving guys over, and playing small ball takes more skill than sending a big bopper up to the plate and telling him to swing hard.

Their are more bloop singles during a season (for any team hitting with a respectable average) than home runs so since home runs are more rare, I'd consider them even luckier than bloop singles.

Who the balls came up with 5 swings per AB? Pretty crack pot formula if you ask me...

FarmioFan1
09-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Because I'm going to attend one of the games, jump on the field, dodge security, run to the dugout, high five Swish, punch Javy & hug Joey Cora. I'm thinking this endeavor will endear me to the team. So hopefully CQ will let me sit on his lap for the rest of the game. Sweet.

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 12:36 PM
I think we all would like to sit in Quentin's lap. :sigh:

WSU Tony
09-26-2008, 12:36 PM
Who the balls came up with 5 swings per AB? Pretty crack pot formula if you ask me...

Regardless, bloop singles happen more than home runs so home runs. You go to the plate looking for good contact not home runs. Home runs and bloop singles are a result but you don't go to the plate (99% of the time) looking for a home run. Better offenses don't anyway.

Homeruns are luckier than bloop singles, bloop singles happen all the time.

Jimi032890
09-26-2008, 12:38 PM
continued from the twins thread...i am in absolute awe. Never had a chance to say that last night

GO US! AND GO ROYALS!

DaSox_05
09-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Because I'm going to attend one of the games, jump on the field, dodge security, run to the dugout, high five Swish, punch Javy & hug Joey Cora. I'm thinking this endeavor will endear me to the team. So hopefully CQ will let me sit on his lap for the rest of the game. Sweet.

HAHA

Before you sit on CQ's lap slap him in the face for breaking his own hand. I would say punch him but I wouldnt want you to break his nose.

WhiteSoxLifer
09-26-2008, 12:40 PM
Regardless, bloop singles happen more than home runs so home runs. You go to the plate looking for good contact not home runs. Home runs and bloop singles are a result but you don't go to the plate (99% of the time) looking for a home run. Better offenses don't anyway.

Homeruns are luckier than bloop singles, bloop singles happen all the time.

I think both happen when you just try to hit line drives. I dont think good hitters try to hit either bloops or homers... both just happen. Neither is luckier than the other.

FarmioFan1
09-26-2008, 12:41 PM
HAHA

Before you sit on CQ's lap slap him in the face for breaking his own hand. I would say punch him but I wouldnt want you to break his nose.

Don't you mean break my hand? It is Carlos Quentin afterall.

DaSox_05
09-26-2008, 12:43 PM
Don't you mean break my hand? It is Carlos Quentin afterall.

True but I dont really care about your hand :D

Just kidding!

WSU Tony
09-26-2008, 12:44 PM
I think both happen when you just try to hit line drives. I dont think good hitters try to hit either bloops or homers... both just happen. Neither is luckier than the other.

I can't dissagree with you. The odds of a homer are slimmer than a bloop single though, so homers are luckier. (if that makes any sense) A good hitter can get bloop singles but not homers and still be a good hitter. Ichiro is a great example, he pokes his bat out and gets tons of bloop singles.

FarmioFan1
09-26-2008, 12:47 PM
True but I dont really care about your hand :D

Just kidding!

No worries. I just figured since CQ is such a bad*** that my hand would break if I punched him.

WSU Tony
09-26-2008, 01:15 PM
I still can't believe the series ended the way it did. If you would have told me either team would sweep I would have laughed and said it was way too competitive a series for that to happen. You could make an argument that the Twins would take 2 while losing game 2 or the other way around but a sweep?

The race isn't over, guys. 1/2 game out with plenty to play. It might seem like it's over with the sheer way you lost last night but without seeing the game, it would be easier to see how close this thing really is.

If I had to put odds on it,
60% Twins
40% Sox

Only because the Twins are 1/2 game up. The royals and Indians have been hot lately so that's kind of a push.

OzzieBear
09-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Where's the guy that put the taps song in the forum?

This is the most depressed I've been since moving to the Caribbean.

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 01:22 PM
Where's the guy that put the taps song in the forum?

This is the most depressed I've been since moving to the Caribbean.

That was me. :(

FarmioFan1
09-26-2008, 01:37 PM
This team needs to get it together, and quick.

HawkHarrelson
09-26-2008, 01:47 PM
This team needs to get it together, and quick.

maybe being knocked out of first will wake them up.

btw if we sweep the indians and play the tigers on monday, FREDDY GARCIA WILL BE PITCHING. any chance he tanks it just for ozzie and the sox? :)

also the way the pitching is set, i dont like the way it looks. basically buehrle pitches sunday, which means gavin would be monday, which means javy or danks would have to pitch against the twins on tuesday.

sorry but i dont like either of those guys against the twins, i think a pitching shakeup needs to happen.

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Royals helped us out in 2005. Let's hope they do it again.

WindyCityFlyer
09-26-2008, 01:50 PM

:pray:

TheHotCorner7
09-26-2008, 01:51 PM
The sun helped us as Sizemore lost that ball in the sun

WSU Tony
09-26-2008, 02:02 PM

And they helped us (Twins) in 06!

I hope they consider it even and don't do anyone a favor. ;)

WindyCityFlyer
09-26-2008, 02:25 PM
And they helped us (Twins) in 06!

I hope they consider it even and don't do anyone a favor. ;)

That would be impossible. If you win two you get the fav. If you lose two we get the fav. :D

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 02:25 PM
So, basically the Royals are awesome at playing spoiler.

badkins1121
09-26-2008, 02:26 PM
The race isn't over, guys. 1/2 game out with plenty to play. It might seem like it's over with the sheer way you lost last night but without seeing the game, it would be easier to see how close this thing really is.

If I had to put odds on it,
60% Twins
40% Sox

Only because the Twins are 1/2 game up. The royals and Indians have been hot lately so that's kind of a push.

That's about right. It's....

Twins- 62.86595
SOX- 37.13405

According to this site.... http://www.baseballprospectus.com/statistics/ps_odds.php

DaSox_05
09-26-2008, 03:16 PM
That's about right. It's....

Twins- 62.86595
SOX- 37.13405

According to this site.... http://www.baseballprospectus.com/statistics/ps_odds.php

So here is the breakdown according to the ChicagoTribune.com

If Twins win... If White Sox win... This happens
3 games 3 games Sox play Detroit on Monday
3 games 2 games Twins win Central
3 games 1 game Twins win Central
3 games 0 games Twins win Central

2 games 3 games Sox play Detroit on Monday
2 games 2 games Sox play Detroit on Monday
2 games 1 game Twins win Central
2 games 0 games Twins win Central

1 game 3 games Sox win Central
1 game 2 games Sox play Detroit on Monday
1 game 1 game Sox play Detroit on Monday
1 game 0 games Twins win Central

0 games 3 games Sox win Central
0 games 2 games Sox win Central
0 games 1 game Sox play Detroit on Monday
0 games 0 games Sox play Detroit on Monday

Here is the Link

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-080926-white-sox-twins-chart,0,6351464.htmlstory

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 03:29 PM
Ahh... Peace and quiet.

WSU Tony
09-26-2008, 03:31 PM
So the Twins need to stay within 1 win of the Sox, basically.

OzzieBear
09-26-2008, 03:45 PM
I still want to have "Taps" ready and available in this thread.

Post it up JD AND just to make keep things even post it in the Twins thread too.

DaSox_05
09-26-2008, 03:49 PM
"Taps"

:confused:

WhiteSoxLifer
09-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Ahh... Peace and quiet.

So are we basically going to continue to not respond, no matter what? Cuz im sick of them being here simply because they cant draw fans to their forum...

DaSox_05
09-26-2008, 04:26 PM
So are we basically going to continue to not respond, no matter what?

:nod:

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 04:57 PM
So are we basically going to continue to not respond, no matter what? Cuz im sick of them being here simply because they cant draw fans to their forum...

Preaching the choir man. I'm not responding to any *****ing or anything, I'll talk baseball, but if it's wisecracks on who's better or what not or any choking comments I'm just going to report them, so my advice would be to ignore them.

FarmioFan1
09-26-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm on board skip. Unless I end up drinking 5 glasses of scotch tonight.

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 05:00 PM
It should be somewhat civil now, but there are still a couple of d-bags out there. If there is a problematic post. PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND. Just report it.

FarmioFan1
09-26-2008, 05:04 PM

Don't think I was kidding. This ain't Disneyland.

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 05:08 PM
Don't think I was kidding. This ain't Disneyland.

:laugh2: I LOVE the edited comment. Freaking hysterical.

FarmioFan1
09-26-2008, 05:09 PM
I try my friend. Got to keep things loose.

WSU Tony
09-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Is Lee pitching this series or not? I've heard both ways and its, well, kind of important.

DaSox_05
09-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Line up is in for tonight drum roll please.......

Cabrera-SS
Anderson-CF
Dye-RF
Thome-DH
Konerko-1B
Ramirez-2B
AJ-C
Swisher-LF
Uribe-3B

Got get'em boys!!!!

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 05:23 PM
Is Lee pitching this series or not? I've heard both ways and its, well, kind of important.

Bottom line says may be scratched.

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 05:24 PM
How about a Sox win and Twins loss almost as if last night didn't happen? Please, pretty please?

HawkHarrelson
09-26-2008, 05:35 PM
How about a Sox win and Twins loss almost as if last night didn't happen? Please, pretty please?

hahahaha think of the irony if that happened.. could we storm the field then and jump all over each other? sad part is we would need to win 2 games and the twins would need to lose two games for last nights loss to really be balanced out. we could be 1.5games up right now!!!! :pity:

WSU Tony
09-26-2008, 05:41 PM
I love your sig, lol. You're not as far out of it as you think, honestly.

HawkHarrelson
09-26-2008, 05:43 PM
I love your sig, lol. You're not as far out of it as you think, honestly.

we need to win 2 and you guys need to lose 2 just to balance out last night.

and you're playing the royals who you are 11-4 vs this year and we are playing the Indians. it doesnt look good.

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 05:46 PM
It's insane to think right now were essential tied. Kind of like being nervous the whole game when up 6-1. There's no reason to overreact, except the obvious reasons to overreact. That doesn't make sense, to hell with it!

WSU Tony
09-26-2008, 05:47 PM
we need to win 2 and you guys need to lose 2 just to balance out last night.

and you're playing the royals who you are 11-4 vs this year and we are playing the Indians. it doesnt look good.

The Royals are as hot as the Indians right now so that's a wash in my mind. Regardless of last night, the Twins are only 1/2 games up. That's not much with 4 games to play. Sure, the lead is gone, but it's still a toss up at this point. It might seem like the Twins have all the momentum in the world but 1 loss by us and 1 win by you will take that all away.

Honestly, all hope is not lost. Like Badkins posted earlier, the Twins have like a 62% chance of making it. That's almost a coin flip odds wise.

Tragedy
09-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Just letting everyone know, if anyone reports a post in this section over the next couple of days, I will have absolutely no problem banning people. I'm sick and tired of how much baiting has gone on in here. We've gotten rid of a few of the guys that were a big part of this, but I'm just giving out a fair warning.

Ignore baiting and report it, as JD and I have said.

WSU Tony
09-26-2008, 06:16 PM
Twins fans have been warned as well.

iDaBears85
09-26-2008, 06:55 PM
What if someone (not me) were to say pretend to be a Twins fan and said person (not me) was to make an IGT for Sox fans to pretend to cheer for said Twins when in reality, while they were cheering for said fans, they were actually cheering for said Twins to lose. Would that be considered baiting?

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 06:58 PM
You can't bait in your own forum unless you make take things to a personal level. Like if I said wow who was the idiot who made the Twins thread in our forum. Must be that DaBears loser, oh it is, what a sad excuse for a human being. Now that is baiting.

iDaBears85
09-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Allegedly...You can prove nothing.

iDaBears85
09-26-2008, 07:01 PM
I have a feeling the M.C. Hammer quote will put the Twins on top tonight.

iDaBears85
09-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Lineup is in tonight

Cabrera
Anderson
Dye
Thome
Konerko
Ramirez
AJ
Swisher
Uribe

TheHotCorner7
09-26-2008, 07:28 PM
The Cell gonna be sold out tonight???

HawkHarrelson
09-26-2008, 07:28 PM
Lineup is in tonight

Cabrera
Anderson
Dye
Thome
Konerko
Ramirez
AJ
Swisher
Uribe

thanks for finally putting in swisher :sigh:

kingbrentg
09-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Anderson!

TheHotCorner7
09-26-2008, 07:31 PM
I just saw the check swing Swisher call for the first time, wow that was some ********

iDaBears85
09-26-2008, 07:36 PM
thanks for finally putting in swisher :sigh:

NP...I decided that Griffey needed some rest

kingbrentg
09-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Great start.

HawkHarrelson
09-26-2008, 08:14 PM
ok what a grand ****ing start.

im not even watching the game tonight this is just ********. **** this team they are a bunch of lifeless ****s. NO HEART! might not be able to measure it in a statbook but they have no heart at all. OC was right, this **** is pathetic.

kingbrentg
09-26-2008, 08:16 PM
Agreed. I've all but given up.

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 08:16 PM
Yup, OC was right.

TheHotCorner7
09-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Its one run calm yourselves

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 08:25 PM
Until this team can show to me they have one ounce of fight in them I'll watch. But after this week, I need one of those weekend breaks I had last weekend.

TheHotCorner7
09-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Davies threw 22 pitches in the first inning, awesome

Illini Tim
09-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Season's over...bum bum bum bum bum...season's over...bum bum bum bum bum

I am sick to my ******* stomach. 162 games and it comes down to this? Blow this MF up. I only want to see the CQ, AR, JD, Johnny D, and Gavin back next year. The rest can rot in hell.

Illini Tim
09-26-2008, 08:31 PM
Until this team can show to me they have one ounce of fight in them I'll watch. But after this week, I need one of those weekend breaks I had last weekend.

I think you'll have until about feb. or march when spring training starts. Plenty of time...

Illini Tim
09-26-2008, 08:32 PM
Let's go KC. I am still trying to decide which NL team I am going to cheer for to beat the Cubs during this postseason.

kingbrentg
09-26-2008, 08:34 PM
Royals with 'em loaded, but 2 out.

TheHotCorner7
Let's go KC. I am still trying to decide which NL team I am going to cheer for to beat the Cubs during this postseason.

All of them

TheHotCorner7
Royals with 'em loaded, but 2 out.

Dont mean **** if the Sox keep playing like this

Illini Tim
09-26-2008, 08:35 PM
I think I will be posting in the Twins forum during the post season. How long will it take to obtain an infraction?

JDIsMyGod23
I think OC is tanking on purpose.

TheHotCorner7
Cabrera has already cost the Sox 2 outs this inning

TheHotCorner7
09-26-2008, 08:36 PM
Of course KC wouldnt score

Illini Tim
09-26-2008, 08:36 PM
All of them

Good call. That is all we have. Cheer for whomever is playing the cubs and whomever is playing the twins. Otherwise, I have no interest.

TheHotCorner7
09-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Thank god for Alexei. He's so good at 2nd, are they sure they wanna move him???

Illini Tim
09-26-2008, 08:37 PM
OC's contract for next year just went down

TheHotCorner7
09-26-2008, 08:38 PM
OC's contract for next year just went down

Good, **** him

Illini Tim
09-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Thank god for Alexei. He's so good at 2nd, are they sure they wanna move him???

That's what I say. Why fix something that is not broken?

kingbrentg
09-26-2008, 08:39 PM
We really don't have any heart.

Illini Tim
We really don't have any heart.

None. No balls either.

TheHotCorner7
Heyyyyyyyyyy PK. Where was that last night mo fo

Illini Tim
09-26-2008, 08:40 PM
PK. Too late. We needed this all year.

kingbrentg
09-26-2008, 08:40 PM
Thanks Paul. Wheeee.

TheHotCorner7
09-26-2008, 08:41 PM
**** I thought Alexei was hurt at first

TheHotCorner7
09-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Ramirez needs to try and steal

Illini Tim
09-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Do something this inning. We need more than solos, han.

kingbrentg
09-26-2008, 08:43 PM
Why do we even try to bunt? We can't, stop ****ing trying.

TheHotCorner7
Who is this team??

JDIsMyGod23
I'm so excited. Yippppppppie.

Illini Tim
09-26-2008, 08:44 PM
It's about ******* time.

kingbrentg
AJ!!!

And Aviles with a leadoff double!

Illini Tim
WE NEED MORE. **** you bullpen. We need Johnny D to pitch a gem.

JDIsMyGod23
Aviles is a STUD! I want him so bad.

TheHotCorner7
Leadoff double for Royals

kingbrentg
09-26-2008, 08:45 PM
1st and 3rd, nobody out for the Royals.

TheHotCorner7
I wonder who made that Swisher sign

kingbrentg
Procis1on... wonder who that is... :laugh2:

kingbrentg
09-26-2008, 08:46 PM
Base hit, Royals up 1-0.

JDIsMyGod23
I miss Nick Swisher.

Illini Tim
Keep it going

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Royals need 14 before I get happy.

Illini Tim
I love the Royals

JDIsMyGod23
Tim switch that avatar!

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Jesus Indians. It's like watching us.

kingbrentg
Sweet, passed ball. 2nd and 3rd, nobody out for the Royals. Shealy up.

JDIsMyGod23
Cripes. Ryan Shealy has a 1.013 OPS.

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 08:49 PM
Indians love these soft tossing lefties. Laffey, Sowers, this guy.

Illini Tim
Tim switch that avatar!

Done. Let's get a game back

kingbrentg
Shealy!

3-0 Royals!

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 08:51 PM
Royal Pride! C'mon OC.

iDaBears85
Crowd loved 3 - 0 KC. They need about 9 to win tonight though.

redwhitenblue
Wow, how quick many of you guys turn, :clap: to those of you who weren't giving up

JDIsMyGod23
Small BALL FTW! Now let's get a broken bat single.

iDaBears85
BTW My Homer Hanky > *

kingbrentg
09-26-2008, 08:52 PM
Holy **** an effective bunt.

JDIsMyGod23
Wow, how quick many of you guys turn, :clap: to those of you who weren't giving up

Were Chicago baseball fans, we never quit, just frustrated forever.

JDIsMyGod23
We need Kyle Davies to be the Kyle Davies we constantly saw.

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 08:53 PM
I'll take it.

iDaBears85
I gave up about 8 times this season

kingbrentg
Billy Butler just missed one.

Illini Tim
Down here I get nothing but national sporting news. A radio show (on fox sports radio) said last night that Sox fans do not care. He actually said that. He said Sox fans are a lower class of fan (as compared with Cub fans). He tore Sox fans up. He tore Ozzie up. It sounded like Mariotti's old show. I was so pissed that I wanted to call and prove his point for him by cussing him out and saying something nasty about his wife and mother.

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 08:54 PM
I'd say 8 is a good over under amount on me too. But, I haven't missed a game besides last weekend when Ball State was pwning!

kingbrentg
09-26-2008, 08:54 PM
Double for Alex Gordon, 4-0 Royals.

Illini Tim
09-26-2008, 08:55 PM
Come on JD. Where is the JD from the first half?

JDIsMyGod23
Brent is bringing good news. :) :love:

JDIsMyGod23
Come on JD. Where is the JD from the first half?

JD has sucked since I've been made TM. I think it's a sign.

Illini Tim
Come on KC bullpen.

Illini Tim
09-26-2008, 08:56 PM
JD just needs one big hit to get back on track. He is not like PK where a slump will impact 90% of his season.

kingbrentg
09-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Brent is bringing good news. :) :love:

I am a Royals good luck charm. Pretty much every game I go to or watch for them they seem to win.

JDIsMyGod23
Gomez. :laugh2: WHY JUST US!?!?!

Illini Tim
Time to watch people who pretend to care debate. I gave my students homework to watch it so I better too. Dont blow it SOX.

JDIsMyGod23
I am a Royals good luck charm. Pretty much every game I go to or watch for them they seem to win.

That's good news.

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Time to watch people who pretend to care debate. I gave my students homework to watch it so I better too. Dont blow it SOX.

You'll hear more BS in that then a Hawk story.

kingbrentg
09-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Nice inning Danksy.

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 09:00 PM
Wow, Sox-Yankees this weekend. I legitimately had no idea.

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 09:00 PM
Tragedy never did lose a series for us. :eyebrow:

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 09:01 PM
18-100. Mercy!

kingbrentg
09-26-2008, 09:02 PM
Wow, Sox-Yankees this weekend. I legitimately had no idea.

Has hell frozen over? It's not on ESPN.

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 09:03 PM
Curveball Gomez, what a concept. :pity:

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 09:03 PM
I'll tell you one thing I'd take like 22 of our guys to get Denard Span. He's legit.

kingbrentg
09-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Kyle Davies is pimping. 1-2-3 inning.

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Davies Holla!!

:k: :k: :k:

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 09:05 PM
Maybe the Royals can score more runs then just one inning. You know, unlike us.

kingbrentg
09-26-2008, 09:06 PM
No kidding. Do some **** KC.

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 09:06 PM
I would have railed the preg chick.

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 09:08 PM
:pity: crap pitch. His changeup has been poop.

kingbrentg
09-26-2008, 09:08 PM
Son of a ***** Danks.

kingbrentg
09-26-2008, 09:09 PM
Leadoff single for Mitch Maier. Get some more KC.

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 09:10 PM
Jesus, I was about to kill McClennan.

kingbrentg
09-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Way to go and get picked off Mitch Dicker.

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Let's score in multiple innings for the LOVE OF GOD!

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Sounds like DJ is trying to get fired.... Oh wait... Now I remember...

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 09:17 PM
Ducksnorts yes!

kingbrentg
09-26-2008, 09:17 PM
:laugh2:

kingbrentg
09-26-2008, 09:19 PM
That was kind of a sac bunt.

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 09:22 PM
Damn. Cabrera robbed by perfect defense placement.

JDIsMyGod23
Kyle Davies!? WTF!?

JDIsMyGod23
Wow, Minnesota must just get **** crews. Hernandez and Cooper are Marquesish.

Chisweetness34
09-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Let's go!!

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 09:26 PM
:sigh:

kingbrentg
09-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Davies is doing work. Wish I could say the same for Danks.

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 09:28 PM
McClennan is a horrible home plate umpire. Not looking good.

iDaBears85
09-26-2008, 09:30 PM
Danks doesn't look sharp tonight...gonna be another heartbreaker tonight

JDIsMyGod23
09-26-2008, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the tease guys. I mean you have only been doing it all year.

iDaBears85
09-26-2008, 09:31 PM
If the Royals do beat Liriano tonight...and we lose....I'll be so pissed

kingbrentg
Whatever.

JDIsMyGod23
Saying Danks was awful tonight would be an understatement.

iDaBears85
Unbeleivable...Put us out of our misery Minnisota and win tonight

kingbrentg
09-26-2008, 09:32 PM
**** you Danks. Son of a *****, what the hell is our problem?