PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jennings going to europe

BoSelecta!!!
09-25-2008, 04:55 PM
so what do u guys think of Brandon Jennings going to play in europe? some ppl say its smart move, some say hes going to get hurt...

curtisjr08
09-25-2008, 05:16 PM
I hate it only because I am a wildcat fan. I am not a low life I hope he does have a good career contrary to all those who are low lifes and wish he blows out his need. I do think that we have lost the importance of college, and the need for an education. Nowadays its Money over everything...

oshea225
09-25-2008, 05:23 PM
think its a smart move for him. scouts will probably like the fact that he has some experience as a pro before coming to the nba. ive only seen him play in the high school all star games (all-american game, and jordan classic?) and he was insane. hope the best for him

barreleffact
09-25-2008, 05:29 PM
I wish the best for him. Why wish ill of him? did ppl wish ill on Lebron for not going to college? Its about the money and if he cant go str8 to the league, he should go to where he can get paid now. I mean what if he does get hurt? It could have happened in college and then what? He'd be out of a career with no money to fall back on. this way he can have money, fame, and a college back up plan cuz hes gonna have waaaaaay more than enough money than it would cost for him to go to school if he has to

bogdanrom
09-25-2008, 06:57 PM
I think it's by far the best decision for him. Stay in college, play basketball for no money or go to Europe and get payed. Pretty easy decision. He doesn't care about an education, he cares about making money and faster. I am actually surprised that others haven't done this. If he succeeds in making the transition from US high school, to Europe, to NBA I think were are going to see more and more kids taking the same route.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-25-2008, 07:00 PM
sad but yeah ^

barreleffact
09-25-2008, 11:55 PM
i dont even get why its sad...why do peopel go to college? to make money...he's gonna make more money in 1 year than he will at anything he would probably major in yearly.

29$JerZ
09-25-2008, 11:58 PM
I rather have him play overseas and seeing him against grown men then going to college for 1 years and bouncing.

If grades played a part of him not going to college so be it. If the 19 yr old rule wasn't in affect no one would say he would go to college to ''improve his game' when he is a top 5 projected pick.

Beno7500
09-26-2008, 12:12 AM
It is a good move. It will give him some major playing time before coming to the NBA

Faneik
09-26-2008, 08:43 AM
I have to admit is cool to have a high-profile high-schooler like him playing over here in Europe.

I hope he does well, and that many will follow.

EDIT: There's a thread about him in the FIBA/International Forum

theuuord
09-26-2008, 03:24 PM
I hate it only because I am a wildcat fan. I am not a low life I hope he does have a good career contrary to all those who are low lifes and wish he blows out his need. I do think that we have lost the importance of college, and the need for an education. Nowadays its Money over everything...

What do you think people get an education for?

fredv
09-26-2008, 04:03 PM
i dont even get why its sad...why do peopel go to college? to make money...he's gonna make more money in 1 year than he will at anything he would probably major in yearly.

PPl also go to college to get educated. Look at all the bad decisions some players that went straight to NBA after h-s have made...

barreleffact
09-26-2008, 05:28 PM
PPl also go to college to get educated. Look at all the bad decisions some players that went straight to NBA after h-s have made...

and look at all the money they made anyway. education and maturity are 2 different things. if you mean financial mistakes, get an advisor. no matter what, college would not benefit siomeone who can make 6-7 figures w/o it. education is great, but it isnt as necessary as ppl want you to believe. that being said, im a college student but id say **** college in a nanosec to go pro here, europe, w/e if it paid well.