PDA

View Full Version : Weird Line-up In ST Loo

sidg
09-25-2008, 01:38 PM
Last night LaRussa benched, Pujols, Glaus, and Ludwick, three dead fastball hitters against a dead fastball pitcher in Sherzer. And it's not like his scrubs beat Arizona. The D-backs gave away the game on errors. What ever happened to baseball etiquet that says teams that are out of it, play their best nine against contenders. We already know Hurdle hates the Dodgers. I guess LaRussa also hates the Dodgers.

c2thab
09-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Well all their regulars are in there today, but according to LaRussa he sat those guys cause they were on "fumes"

sidg
09-25-2008, 01:44 PM
Well all their regulars are in there today, but according to LaRussa he sat those guys cause they were on "fumes"

I'm not buying it !

c2thab
09-25-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm not buying it !

Me neither. I think he was trying to get the hometown kid his first win at home. How thoughtful of that prick huh?

FlawlessKB24
09-25-2008, 01:56 PM
lol does it matter?

BlueZoo
09-25-2008, 02:25 PM
It does matter , because it could have esily went the other way against us...that's the point you fail to get. It's the intent beind it...if it's true...but, as dicussed before in another thread, almost impossible to prove.
That being said, could it be because there's a day game today? Sitting players the game before a day game is not unusual...we'll see what today's lineup looks like.

Az_Dodgers_Fan
09-25-2008, 02:37 PM
well isnt he the Nutty Professor? Never question what he does because most of the time it turns out ok....which it did last night.

LAFord
09-25-2008, 02:40 PM
It does matter , because it could have esily went the other way against us...that's the point you fail to get. It's the intent beind it...if it's true...but, as dicussed before in another thread, almost impossible to prove.
That being said, could it be because there's a day game today? Sitting players the game before a day game is not unusual...we'll see what today's lineup looks like.

It looks good. LaRussa is ok.

dodgerdave
09-25-2008, 02:41 PM
I guess LaRussa also hates the Dodgers.

Why's that? Because of Kirk Gibson and the 1988 Dodgers?

BlueMouse
09-25-2008, 02:42 PM
When you have a night game followed by a day game, you tend to rest guys. LaRussa chose to rest his studs last night against Arizona's weakest pitcher and then start them agains Doug Davis today (who is better and also a lefty). LaRussa was playing to give his team a good chance to win both games.

What's with the conspiracy theories? This is getting ridiculous.

By the way: 2-1 Cards in the 2nd inning.

dodgerdave
09-25-2008, 02:45 PM
If LaRussa really hated us, then we would not have shaken their hands after the Cardinals eliminated us in the 2004 NLDS.

4everblue
09-25-2008, 02:48 PM
I agree with BM... Can we stop this "everyone hate the Dodgers" crap???

I bet you that NO MANAGER, and even less LaRussa gives a **** about if we win our division today or tomorrow.

ElSerenoBlu
09-25-2008, 02:52 PM
If LaRussa really hated us, then we would not have shaken their hands after the Cardinals eliminated us in the 2004 NLDS.

well, its not like they initiated the "shaking" of hands... I think that was Jim Tracy's great sportsmanship...and of course the Cards wouldn't be pricks and ingnore all that and walk away...

sidg
09-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Just wondering if Cards were fighting for a divisional title would LaRussa sit those three. I doubt it.

mcpeepants23200
09-25-2008, 03:59 PM
When you have a night game followed by a day game, you tend to rest guys. LaRussa chose to rest his studs last night against Arizona's weakest pitcher and then start them agains Doug Davis today (who is better and also a lefty). LaRussa was playing to give his team a good chance to win both games.

What's with the conspiracy theories? This is getting ridiculous.

By the way: 2-1 Cards in the 2nd inning.

Doug Davis is not a better pitcher than Max Scherzer. Trust me we are going to hate seeing Scherzer for the next 5 or 6 years.

BlueMouse
09-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Just wondering if Cards were fighting for a divisional title would LaRussa sit those three. I doubt it.

You can't really compare the two situations. If we weren't fighting for a title would Martin be catching every day? Would CC be pitching every 4th day if the Brewers weren't in the race? There is no reason to expect a team to go above and beyond what they would normally do to help us. If this was June would we think it was weird that they were resting their guys?

Doug Davis is not a better pitcher than Max Scherzer. Trust me we are going to hate seeing Scherzer for the next 5 or 6 years.

Maybe not, but he is higher on the D-Bag depth chart. He is more likely to work deeper into the game. He is left-handed, which makes sense that you want your right-handed batters to face him. And he has actually won a Major League game.