PDA

View Full Version : What team do you think will be the hardest to get a read on this year?

JordansBulls
09-25-2008, 11:01 AM
What team do you think will be the hardest to get a read on this year in the sense of how good or bad they can be?

Some teams that come to mind are Dallas and New Orleans.

People thought all last year that New Orleans was a fluke team and lucky, now that they can be a target this year, we will really get to see how good they are.

Dallas on one hand has been great for years, but fell off a bit last year. Why it is tough to read them is because you really don't know what you will get from Josh Howard and now Jason Kidd. How consistent will they be?

Wilson
09-25-2008, 11:44 AM
I think New Orleans were expected to be good, after how close they'd been to the play-offs the year before with all their injuries. With a bullseye on their back they might experience some troubles in the regular season, but the experience from last season should see them through for a deep play-off run. James Posey will help a lot there too.

I don't have a clue about Dallas.They could just fall apart, or the whole 'nobody believed in us thing' could crop up again in a succesful year for them.

For me the two hardest teams to read are Phoenix and San Antonio. I'm interested to see how much Shaq can really help the Suns through a whole season. I think he can still be effective if he's motivated. Also, Amare will be incredibly motivated since he wants to be in the MVP discussion, so it should be a huge year from him.

I don't think an awful lot is expected out of the Spurs this season, since they seemed to age so much last year. But if they can get fully healthy again, Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker can still play at a very high level, and they've still got arguably the best coach in the league in Popovich to go with all their experience.

Joshtd1
09-25-2008, 01:03 PM
^^Agree pretty much with everything.

People are expecting us to fall off because of our aging team.

The Suns..I find them very hard to read. I know the we beat them 4-1 in the playoffs, but by no means was the series THAT lopsided. The Suns ended up blowing the 1st 2 games in which they could have easily won. Who knows what would have happened if they did..would have been a completely different series. Shaq bein them a whole year might help, but basically it will come down to whether their D is improved or not.

LayZbone
09-25-2008, 01:07 PM
I agree w/ the teams stated so far, and also the Heat. Just got done being the worst team in the league, but now have a completely different look, topped off with a healthy D-Wade. I'm positive their record will be higher than just 15 wins...question is are they bound for the lottery again, or a lower playoff berth?

Hawkeye15
09-25-2008, 01:14 PM
Wolves. They could win 40, or win 20. I am interested to see if they can take a step with all that youth. Portland too. Are they really a playoff team this year? They should be, but who knows.

Wake's Fastball
09-25-2008, 02:26 PM
The Bucks have an interesting accumulation of talent as well.

NYKnickFanatic
09-25-2008, 02:30 PM
The New York Knicks.

Tom81
09-25-2008, 02:32 PM
^^Agree pretty much with everything.

People are expecting us to fall off because of our aging team.

The Suns..I find them very hard to read. I know the we beat them 4-1 in the playoffs, but by no means was the series THAT lopsided. The Suns ended up blowing the 1st 2 games in which they could have easily won. Who knows what would have happened if they did..would have been a completely different series. Shaq bein them a whole year might help, but basically it will come down to whether their D is improved or not.

yeap agreed.

Sixerlover
09-25-2008, 02:32 PM
I say Milwaukee. They could be a top 7 team, or things could go wrong and they don't even make the top 10 in the East. But the talent is there

hockeypro68
09-25-2008, 02:43 PM
I think people are having a hard time getting a read on my CLIPPERS. And understandably so. The squad has changed Drastically this offseason, basically we have a brand new Clipper team. Baron Davis, Marcus Camby, Ricky Davis, Jason Williams, Steve Novak, Eric Gordon, DeAndre Jordan, all NEW additions to the team. Many people feel the team was better off with Brand and Maggette, and that the Clippers have taken a step back. People are worried that Camby and Kaman won't be able to play side-by-side. As usual, people are very skeptical, and always love to doubt the Clippers. I think they just can't get a read on how good the team can be just yet. I'm a HUGE Clipper fan, and I'm having a hard time getting a read on how next season is going to pan out. All I know is, I"IM FREAKING EXCITED!!!

jgonboricua
09-25-2008, 03:05 PM
imo the bulls and portland are going to be two of the hardest teams to read...they are both loaded with talent but they are also both young...they both could make some noise in the playoffs like the hawks did last year but both could crumble due to injuries and inexpierence

Dynasty
09-25-2008, 03:10 PM
Wolves. They could win 40, or win 20. I am interested to see if they can take a step with all that youth. Portland too. Are they really a playoff team this year? They should be, but who knows.

The same goes for the Nets, a rebuilding team

MiamiHeat
09-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Anything can happen in the NBA
every team is hard to read :)
well most of them

#1Mavericksfan
09-25-2008, 03:37 PM
Heat
Mavericks
Clippers
Blazers

Nobody know's how this teams are gonna be but I think they will surprise everybody

hdxstunts1
09-25-2008, 03:59 PM
Bulls we are very inconsistant! And we are 13 deep on our roster! No one will be able to keep up with all 13 people!