PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Trade Tony G?

FKNRUEHH925
09-24-2008, 09:36 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/09/24/could-te-gonzalez-play-for-another-team/

I ran into this and started thinking, we are not going to win the superbowl for at least 4 years (god-willing, anything can happen) so why not trade tony while his value is high. I think we can get a 2nd rounder for him, Taylor got a second round and Gonzales has much more up side than Taylor. I would hate to see Tony is A diff jersey but i love the guy and imo he deserves a championship more than anyone in the league. i hate the idea but we need to do all we can to be better for the future!

rhensley3
09-24-2008, 09:51 PM
no...we need his veteran leadership. he has been a good chief and we shouldnt send him down the river.

touchdown bowe
09-24-2008, 10:15 PM
Tony is the Chiefs..but I want him to win the big one..

FKNRUEHH925
09-24-2008, 11:01 PM
i posted this question on the main forum and it seems like a lot of teams could use and would want tony...so y not? green bay for Brohm and a 4th rounder, or viks or egals for a 2nd? i dunno we might as well get what we can while we can

touchdown bowe
09-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Send him to the Vikings..Jared Allen..Tony G..super bowl in Minny..Brohm and a 4th rounder would be a major rip off...

kfranks22
09-24-2008, 11:26 PM
Send him to the Vikings..Jared Allen..Tony G..super bowl in Minny..Brohm and a 4th rounder would be a major rip off...

Brohm is on the Packers, otherwise it would be a good trade for you guys...

Pipes
09-25-2008, 12:01 AM
No... I dont' care if he wins one or not! Damn it..:mad: he's a Chief... Why in Christ name would we want to help anyone else out?... Just short of a 1st rounder keeping him makes way more sense then dealing him...

RustShack
09-25-2008, 12:38 AM
He still has years left and will still be playing at a high level by the time we are ready for a super bowl which should be in a couple years...

RustShack
09-25-2008, 12:38 AM
Gonzalaz are Johnson are two players the Chiefs can't and wont trade...

Nvchiefsfan
09-25-2008, 02:06 AM
I agree Tony is why we still buy memorabilia but he does not deserve to waste the last few years left in football playing PeeWee football for our sorry *** Chiefs the guy deserves to go out a winner just like Sharpe did.

Pipes
09-25-2008, 02:22 AM
Well then he shouldn't of signed a contract with us a few years back if he really wanted to win a Super Bowl! Nope...he's a Chief and that's that....

GameTimeChief
09-25-2008, 07:51 AM
Tony G no doubt deserves a superbowl. But i agree completly with pipes. dont sign big contracts. Then even think about a trade. He should have said, "I will play out my contract and hope i have a Superbowl by then. If not i will look into contender teams." lol Bet no player will ever say that.

Fade to Black
09-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Trade him for a QB or a coach......Herm just isn't the answer in KC.

baller75
09-25-2008, 02:38 PM
There won't be a Super Bowl anytime soon under Herm Edwards!!!!!

Pipes
09-25-2008, 05:01 PM
Trade him for a QB or a coach......Herm just isn't the answer in KC.

Figures a Raider Fan would suggest that...L:laugh:L!!!!

touchdown bowe
09-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Brohm is on the Packers, otherwise it would be a good trade for you guys...

I know he's on the Packers....:confused:

Pipes
09-26-2008, 12:41 AM
He's a Niners fan... they alway's get **** mixed up...:laugh2:

DKKC
09-26-2008, 10:23 AM
All of you can blow me! I said this months ago and no one belived me and called me a fool. Well whos the ***** now!

Pipes
09-26-2008, 12:06 PM
I still don't....

DKKC
09-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Tony may finish his carreer out here. But it would be best for him and the team if we traded him after this year. Its best to trade away a guy a year early rather than a year late.

Given Tony is pretty much the leader in merchandise sales as far as chiefs players go. But if we have a few young player step up this year and prove that they can be the face of this franchise I belive it would help make the decision to trade to him a muh easier one.

His talent and effort are still very high, he has great leadership and is easily one of the greatest at the position he plays, if not the best ever. Some team somewhere would probably be willing to deal a decent pick or 2 the KC Chiefs in exchange for TG.

RustShack
09-26-2008, 02:12 PM
This franchise should be turned around in a couple years and Tony will still be playing then... Yeah its rough but you need veteran leadership like his when your in this stage. Its a gamble whether we will be good or not in a couple years, but I think we have went about rebuilding the right way and really I wouldn't be suprized to see a lot of improvement by the last couple games. Gonzales wants to be a Chief and I think he will be, its just difficult at the moment during the 12 game losing streak that I think ends this week.

Pipes
09-26-2008, 02:46 PM
He signed a long term deal... To now say he didn't realize it was going to be this way ..is nothing more then his version of saying " I want to be dealt"... But know one held a gun to his head when he wrote his name...

I hear what you saying DKKC... and on a level I agree with you... But this can be a slippery slope! The very reason we haven't slipped to the depths that the Bengles, Cardinals & Saints were at for years before some their recent success was because of players like Gonzalez! If we deal him ( just because he wants to) the it gives every other talented player that's on this roster a free "get out of jail" card too when they feel things aren't going right. Tony's not a dumb guy he knew there was a rebuilding process on the horizon...he signed a long term deal to help add consitancy and leadership in this process ...and I feel he should see it through...

BigRatt
09-26-2008, 10:45 PM
I think we should deal Tony and LJ both.. I have the upmost respect for Tony but he deserves to go somewhere where he has a chance to win.. He has said that he doesn't want to play much longer. He would probally fitch a 2nd and 4th rounder and we have so many holes that it makes sense. Reality is we are not going to win many games this year. He will retire a Chief and should retire a Chief! If we could get a 2nd for LJ and go into the draft with a 1 and 3 #2s we would have room to package some deals and move up or have 3 quality picks in the 2nd to take good players.

Pipes
09-26-2008, 11:28 PM
I fully agree with LJ he's turning into a real cancer and should be shown the door...whatever we can fetch for him is fine by me!...But I guess I'm going to have to agree to disagree with Tony... It makes sense to deal him for draft picks...but I guess I just don't want to see him go...He still has plenty of value for this franchise and to trade him so he can have a shot is crap to me... I've already stated why I think he should stay...But hey if the season continues on the path it's headed I may change my tune...

RustShack
09-26-2008, 11:48 PM
I don't see the point in trading him unless hes retiring after this year... we aren't going to be bad forever...

BigRatt
09-26-2008, 11:51 PM
I don't see the point in trading him unless hes retiring after this year... we aren't going to be bad forever...

He said in an interview he didn't know if wanted to play past 09. We need as many picks as we can get.

RustShack
09-26-2008, 11:54 PM
Any player will say that when they are playing for a bad team, Favre has said hes going to retire for like the last 5 years at least.

RustShack
09-26-2008, 11:57 PM
I mean it wasn't more than a couple months ago when he said he still wants to play for three or four more years.

BigRatt
09-27-2008, 12:07 AM
Any player will say that when they are playing for a bad team, Favre has said hes going to retire for like the last 5 years at least.

I dont know! I have a hard time picturing him being able to stomach a complete rebuild thats going to take 2 to 3 years. Then you have the Wildcard and thats Clark, if he gets crazy and cleans house then we really have to start over.. Tonys not playing for money.. IF we stay bad into next year i could see him saying the hell with this s h i t and hanging it up.

BigRatt
09-27-2008, 12:10 AM
I mean it wasn't more than a couple months ago when he said he still wants to play for three or four more years.

This wasn't very long ago i heard him say that he didn't know if he would play past 09 so if the Chiefs could trade him and get whatever to help them rebuild that he was fine with it.

RustShack
09-27-2008, 12:12 AM
Well if he isn't playing past 09 not many teams will trade for him...

RustShack
09-27-2008, 12:13 AM
TE isn't also like a huge position that you need a great player either... So we wouldn't get as much out of him since he isn't like say a QB or DE.

RustShack
09-27-2008, 12:18 AM
Since Roy Williams could be traded from the Lions I wouldn't mind swapping those two though...

chitownfan55
09-27-2008, 12:13 PM

y would he go the vikings? they suck and if he wants a superbowl he wouldnt go there cuz there not good enough so hell got to a superbowl team like the eagles or packers dumbass

Pipes
09-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Since Roy Williams could be traded from the Lions I wouldn't mind swapping those two though...

There's no way Detroit would do that....If and only If we were to deal Tony it will be for more picks!

RustShack
09-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Why wouldn't you want a good young player? I'm pretty sure they would rather have Tony than just cut him which could eventually happen. I'm not saying the trade could or will happen, I'm just throwing it out there. If it were for picks we could maybe get a 3rd or 4th round pick.

BigRatt
09-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Why wouldn't you want a good young player? I'm pretty sure they would rather have Tony than just cut him which could eventually happen. I'm not saying the trade could or will happen, I'm just throwing it out there. If it were for picks we could maybe get a 3rd or 4th round pick.

If he was playing for a good team that could make a run then i think he would stick around 3 or 4 years because he would be having fun.. I dont know how much he will want to stick around on a team like we have right now. Then again he could be the next coming of Favre for 5 years to..

BigRatt
09-27-2008, 01:39 PM
TE isn't also like a huge position that you need a great player either... So we wouldn't get as much out of him since he isn't like say a QB or DE.

No, but when you have a future Hall of Famer like Tony and he is good as he is i think a team that was primed to make a run would find ways to get him the ball. He is the kind of guy that with a O line and legitimate QB, #1,2,3 WRs he could dominate a game or open up the game for the rest of the WRs. I cant believe the Skins gave up a 2nd for Taylor.

RustShack
09-27-2008, 01:47 PM
He knew this was going to happen, if he wanted to leave it would have been last year. I can't see him leaving when we are starting to become contenders again.

touchdown bowe
09-27-2008, 01:57 PM
y would he go the vikings? they suck and if he wants a superbowl he wouldnt go there cuz there not good enough so hell got to a superbowl team like the eagles or packers dumbass

Your a major ****** dude..Minny has no major go to targets besides Berrian..makes sence for him to go there..if they had a decent QB they would be undefeated..Eagles wont make the superbowl..Packers have a better chance

RustShack
09-27-2008, 01:59 PM

If the Vikings had a QB they would be a Super Bowl team... Giving a vet like Gus a target like Gonzo would increase his chances of success greatly..

chiefs09727
09-27-2008, 09:10 PM
we are too young as it is... keep Tony. Just get him the ball more.. goal line dont throw to bowe , G man in the endzone

Pipes
09-28-2008, 08:09 PM

I would love Roy Williams!... By why would a team like Detroit (who's in a similar position like us) trade a young star like Williams for a older one like Gonzalez! To me that doesn't make any sense...:shrug: And as far as picks nothing less then a second!...Why trade a future HOF for a fourth!.. Tony still has a ton a value for us and is definetly worth more than that!.. I wrather keep him then shell him out for peanuts...

RustShack
09-29-2008, 01:01 AM
Thats why he isn't getting traded, we can't get much out of him because hes an old TE and hes of more value to us than a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Crying MN fan
09-29-2008, 02:36 AM
Trade him to Minnesota for Jackson!!

RustShack
09-29-2008, 03:34 AM
Trade him to Minnesota for Jackson!!

Theres a reason he got benched... hes terrible...

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Packers are known for going after TE if we dont already have one groomed of our own. Lee is ok. But Tony would be better yet. Packers always had excellent TE in the past like Max Mcgee,Jackie Harris,Ed West,Chumura,Keith Jackson, Bubba Franks was decent first few years also we even signed Wesley Walls before he retired.

Kcfanbaby212*
10-12-2008, 08:39 PM
packers makes sense...but idk

Nvchiefsfan
10-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Him and Donald Driver and Greg Jennings would be scary

Kcfanbaby212*
10-12-2008, 09:28 PM
^^ youre not lieing

Pipes
10-12-2008, 11:51 PM
All this talk of trading Tony G just depresses me....:sad2:

Nvchiefsfan
10-13-2008, 01:21 AM
me too just like when DT passed a very sad day in Chiefs nation

BigRatt
10-13-2008, 11:50 AM
All this talk of trading Tony G just depresses me....:sad2:

All good things eventually come to an end! Its the world we live in... I just hope they can get somewhere near his worth! We should all know by late tonight..

RustShack
10-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Rumor is Gonzo to Bills for third and sixth...

DKKC
10-13-2008, 01:06 PM
The Bills makes the most sense. The defense is good, the QB is young and starting to make a name for himself. Their running game is strong and they do have a very strong fan base. It would make for a perfect fit and he could only help free up the fast Lee Evans and young talented James Hardy.

Chiefs316
10-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Although i think he is worth more that is still not a really really bad trade i'd rather see like a second and a 5th or 6th but if we can get that I think it would be okay but I really hate to see the guy go

Nvchiefsfan
10-13-2008, 01:51 PM
They should go for the 3rd and Lossman that would be more fair than 3rd and 6th.

ldslngr10x
10-13-2008, 01:52 PM
He still has years left and will still be playing at a high level by the time we are ready for a super bowl which should be in a couple years...

2 years until we are ready for a superbowl????? You must be smoking something????

RustShack
10-13-2008, 01:59 PM
2 years until we are ready for a superbowl????? You must be smoking something????

That's assuming we are rebuilding right... now that we are tradeing our best players away it probably wont happen... we are the Royals of the NFL now.

Nvchiefsfan
10-13-2008, 02:03 PM
How bad it sucks to be a KC fan now. Our Royals are a joke and now Herm has made our Chiefs the laughing stock of the NFL. Now we all know how those Raiders fans feel but at least they have been to the Superbowl this decade.

RustShack
10-13-2008, 02:10 PM
If you do it right it only takes a few years to rebuild... we started off right but if these trades happen it will take even longer...

Nvchiefsfan
10-13-2008, 02:15 PM
I agree we will be missing the veteran leadership that these guys give. You have to have a balance of talent and experience and we are going straight for talent and it could blow up in our face.

Nvchiefsfan
10-13-2008, 02:17 PM
If they do trade TG I feel sorry for Bowe becuase he will have a really crappy year this year cause everyone could double up since we have no other real receiving threat.

RustShack
10-13-2008, 02:18 PM
That or we will actually try throwing to other WR's now.

RustShack
10-13-2008, 02:29 PM
810 reporting that NYG are offering a sixth only. No other offers they knew about. TG also said that if he didn't get traded that it would change nothing, and he would still go out and give it 100%

FKNRUEHH925
10-13-2008, 03:43 PM
i would feel pretty raped if we got a 6th for him

FKNRUEHH925
10-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Giants should give us like a 5th and Boss so we can at least make somp happen we could have 2 6'7 TEs in Boss and Cottam

Gigantes4Life
10-13-2008, 03:49 PM
810 reporting that NYG are offering a sixth only. No other offers they knew about. TG also said that if he didn't get traded that it would change nothing, and he would still go out and give it 100%

Tony, what a guy.

RustShack
10-13-2008, 03:51 PM
He normally gives 110% :(

RustShack
10-13-2008, 03:54 PM
i would feel pretty raped if we got a 6th for him

Thats because of everything hes acomplished and done for the Chiefs, a 6th is pretty close to what hes worth right now and what he will acomplish in the future.

rhensley3
10-13-2008, 03:55 PM
There won't be a Super Bowl anytime soon under Herm Edwards!!!!!

nice sig, man. :clap:

RustShack
10-14-2008, 12:53 AM
The Giants didn't call the Chiefs, the Chiefs called them about the Gonzo trade...

Nvchiefsfan
10-14-2008, 01:13 AM
No way he is a least worth a 4th. The only reason his stats are down is because our QB's suck *** everyone of them. With a good QB and some other good receivers he will have another good year or years.

redross006
10-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Thats because of everything hes acomplished and done for the Chiefs, a 6th is pretty close to what hes worth right now and what he will acomplish in the future.
Rust whats your deal? You talk like Tony is all but done... Do you recall the 99 catches for 1172 yrds just last season. He would be posting the same #'s this year ifwe had a true nfl Qb(huard, croyle,and thigpen would be no more than 3rd string elsewhere) or a decent WR or two to take pressure of of Tony(Bowe is decent when he actually catches the ball) or a playbook that was'nt so predictable. Iget so tired of your" debbie downer" posts that justtrys to bring down most other guys in this forum.You think that you are some sort of expert on the NFL when everything you postis no different than the rest of us...YOUR OPINION.. which is no more expert than the rest of us. Tony is Worth at The Least a 3rd rounder and on a good team could post the same stats as last year.

ldslngr10x
10-14-2008, 11:03 AM
That's assuming we are rebuilding right... now that we are tradeing our best players away it probably wont happen... we are the Royals of the NFL now.

I used to be a huge Royals Fan! Now I dont even know who is on the team. I hope Mr Hunt keeps his eyes open. I can see him losing alot of cash if he dont because alot of fans will lose interest in this team......Personally I dont see us as a legitimate contender for atleast 4 or 5 years if that......

Lo Porto
10-14-2008, 02:10 PM
The Chiefs should trade Gonzalez to the Eagles for Greg Lewis, LJ Smith and a 3rd rounder. LJ Smith is a good, young TE who would be better in a system where he gets more opportunities. Lewis is a solid slot receiver. A 3rd rounder is valuable in itself, or it could be used as trade bait to use to trade up in the 1st or 2nd rounds.

BigRatt
10-14-2008, 02:36 PM
By Warpaint...

At noon today, according to an NFL source, the Arizona Cardinals have inquired about trading for Gonzalez. According to that source, the Cardinals are unhappy with the play of both Leonard Pope and Ben Patrick. It’s not known how serious the interest might be, but the Cardinals need another receiving threat and Gonzalez would provide that.

Warpaint Illustrated.com has also confirmed that an unidentified fifth team is in the mix. Currently the New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles and Buffalo Bills are also competing for Gonzalez.

Of those teams, reportedly the Giants have approached the Chiefs with the most serious offer. However per our source, “no team is willing to give the Chiefs multiple picks for Gonzalez.”

That does not bode well for Kansas City’s hopes of acquiring the multiple-pick package they’ve been seeking per earlier reports. However, our source did expect a deal would be struck today, and the fact that the Chiefs moved back their 2:00 PM press conference to 3:00 PM today to coincide with the trade deadline favors that.

In other news, a league source tells Warpaint Illustrated.com that the New York Jets have shown some “lukewarm interest” in Larry Johnson, but his recent incident that was reported in the Kansas City Star this morning, where Johnson allegedly pushed a young woman in a bar incident, could impede any trade. However, the Chiefs are aggressively shopping Johnson.

The Chiefs are also shopping middle linebacker Napoleon Harris and possibly cornerback Patrick Surtain. Quarterback Damon Huard still is garnering interest from the New England Patriots.

Lo Porto
10-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Wow - I would love to see the Chiefs stock up on draft picks by trading all these guys. It wouldn't be the worse thing if Johnson stays as long as the rest go. If there was a good young QB like Stafford or Bradford playing in KC, Johnson and Bowe would be great pieces with them.

Lo Porto
10-14-2008, 02:49 PM
Chase Daniel could be a good option too. If the Chiefs end up with a top 7 or 8 pick, which is likely, they will get a good QB prospect in this draft without having to trade up. If they could stock up on 2nd and 3rds via trades today, they could get as many O lineman as possible to protect the young QB in the future.

RustShack
10-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Rust whats your deal? You talk like Tony is all but done... Do you recall the 99 catches for 1172 yrds just last season. He would be posting the same #'s this year ifwe had a true nfl Qb(huard, croyle,and thigpen would be no more than 3rd string elsewhere) or a decent WR or two to take pressure of of Tony(Bowe is decent when he actually catches the ball) or a playbook that was'nt so predictable. Iget so tired of your" debbie downer" posts that justtrys to bring down most other guys in this forum.You think that you are some sort of expert on the NFL when everything you postis no different than the rest of us...YOUR OPINION.. which is no more expert than the rest of us. Tony is Worth at The Least a 3rd rounder and on a good team could post the same stats as last year.

Yeah he could have one more 1,000 yard year, but to think hes going to have at least 5 more is crazy. One good year isn't worth a high draft pick, especially when you play TE. If he played a position of value he could get a 2nd or 3rd, of if he was 5 years younger he could bring a 2nd... but hes not. I'm sorry that I'm not stuck in the past. Hes accomplished great things, he could have a couple more productive years if he doesn't retire soon... but hes up there in age... he wont be playing much longer.

RustShack
10-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Chase Daniel could be a good option too. If the Chiefs end up with a top 7 or 8 pick, which is likely, they will get a good QB prospect in this draft without having to trade up. If they could stock up on 2nd and 3rds via trades today, they could get as many O lineman as possible to protect the young QB in the future.

Are you seriously saying we should draft Daniel in the top 10? :laugh:

RustShack
10-14-2008, 03:15 PM
The Chiefs should trade Gonzalez to the Eagles for Greg Lewis, LJ Smith and a 3rd rounder. LJ Smith is a good, young TE who would be better in a system where he gets more opportunities. Lewis is a solid slot receiver. A 3rd rounder is valuable in itself, or it could be used as trade bait to use to trade up in the 1st or 2nd rounds.

I doubt the Chiefs can get a third round pick out of him, let alone two more players...

RustShack
10-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Rumors Swirl - Giants Close to Gonzo Deal?
We've been doing all we can to get some information on this Tony Gonzalez situation here at Giants 101, and I've just received word that a Gonzalez deal is on the table. The deal reportedly involves Giants third-year wideout Sinorice Moss and a mid-round draft pick - possibly a 5th round pick.

However, I've also been told that the Buffalo Bills have made a significant offer to the Chiefs for Gonzalez as well, that could include a higher draft pick than the mid-round pick the Giants have on the table along with Moss.

RustShack
10-14-2008, 03:43 PM
"No, nada, nothing, zero," Peterson said, from the fall owners meetings, when asked if he had any possible deals for some of his high-priced veterans. TE Tony Gonzalez, RB Larry Johnson and CB Patrick Surtain have all been rumored to be on the trading block for the Chiefs, who are in rebuilding mode.

BigRatt
10-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Rumors Swirl - Giants Close to Gonzo Deal?
We've been doing all we can to get some information on this Tony Gonzalez situation here at Giants 101, and I've just received word that a Gonzalez deal is on the table. The deal reportedly involves Giants third-year wideout Sinorice Moss and a mid-round draft pick - possibly a 5th round pick.

However, I've also been told that the Buffalo Bills have made a significant offer to the Chiefs for Gonzalez as well, that could include a higher draft pick than the mid-round pick the Giants have on the table along with Moss.

Screw Gonzo! I say take the highest pick and ship his azz off! I have loved watching him play but this is business!

BigRatt
10-14-2008, 03:46 PM
"No, nada, nothing, zero," Peterson said, from the fall owners meetings, when asked if he had any possible deals for some of his high-priced veterans. TE Tony Gonzalez, RB Larry Johnson and CB Patrick Surtain have all been rumored to be on the trading block for the Chiefs, who are in rebuilding mode.

Carl wouldn't say if he did!

RustShack
10-14-2008, 03:50 PM
You think hes just going to surprise us when Tony isn't here Sunday and we have someone else? I'm pretty sure Carl would break the news if the was traded... and the deadline is in 10 minutes...

Nvchiefsfan
10-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Throw in David Tyree and I say the Chiefs take the Giants offer

BigRatt
10-14-2008, 04:05 PM
You think hes just going to surprise us when Tony isn't here Sunday and we have someone else? I'm pretty sure Carl would break the news if the was traded... and the deadline is in 10 minutes...

I'm talking about at the Owners Meeting!

RustShack
10-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Throw in David Tyree and I say the Chiefs take the Giants offer

I'd rather not trade for someone that no one would know about if he didn't make one catch...

BigRatt
10-14-2008, 04:18 PM
The 3 p.m. trade deadline came and went Tuesday, and star tight end Tony Gonzalez is still with the Chiefs.

Gonzalez, a nine-time Pro Bowl selection, had asked the Chiefs to explore trade possibilities so he could have a chance to contend for a championship. Gonzalez is 32 and is in his 12th season.

Check KansasCity.com throughout the day for more updates.

Why didn't they take the 3rd?

redross006
10-14-2008, 04:19 PM
espn reports no gozalez trade!

Nvchiefsfan
10-14-2008, 04:21 PM
there wasn't a 3rd round offer.

Nvchiefsfan
10-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Watch Tony retire when the season is over now.

RustShack
10-14-2008, 04:35 PM
The 3 p.m. trade deadline came and went Tuesday, and star tight end Tony Gonzalez is still with the Chiefs.

Gonzalez, a nine-time Pro Bowl selection, had asked the Chiefs to explore trade possibilities so he could have a chance to contend for a championship. Gonzalez is 32 and is in his 12th season.

Check KansasCity.com throughout the day for more updates.

Why didn't they take the 3rd?

They were never offered a third... the final offers were a 4th by the Giants or a 6th by the Eagles.

Route 36 West
10-14-2008, 04:44 PM
^Where did you hear that the Eagles offered a 6th?

RustShack
10-14-2008, 04:45 PM
http://webclust1.liquidcompass.cc/sos4stnrd/audio_player.php?id=WHB#

They have been talking about everything about it...

RustShack
10-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Herm said he hasn't and wont talk to Tony.

RustShack
10-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Then said if you want to talk about a good veteran player talk to Brian Waters, he is a man, if you ask him he would have told ya we needed to do this 2 years ago.

BigRatt
10-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Then said if you want to talk about a good veteran player talk to Brian Waters, he is a man, if you ask him he would have told ya we needed to do this 2 years ago.

Ya i picked up on that to! There was alot more to this trading business than just trying to aquire picks or send Tony to a contender.. Gonzo called out his coach publicly for 3 days after a win and it pissed Herm off to know end.. Herm is saying i aint talking to Tony and Tony is questioning Herm for not giving Tony a big time party when the Denver game was still in the balance.. Those are the issues here! Like Herm or not Tony was wrong to go public with that mess in my opinion.. There is a chain of Command for a reason and u have to respect it..

Then he basicly says in so many words about LJs situation that he really dont want him here either! He said go talk to Waters there is a good Veteran Player. Herm may have F U K ed up today because he is sending a very bad message to the younger players and he may very well have a split locker room.. Herm is losing the locker room with these spats that will likely go on until the end of the season! By week 17 this could be ugly!

Kcfanbaby212*
10-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Yeah tony was wrong on this...Mr. I dont care about my own personal accomplishments...Although tony was happy about the win...so i guess that makes up for it.lol...but he was wrong..

RustShack
10-14-2008, 05:49 PM
If Tony wasn't so selfish we wouldn't be in this situation. He knew no other team would sign him to the contract he got here, he knew we were rebuilding. He wanted the contract the traded and it didn't work for him.

Kcfanbaby212*
10-14-2008, 05:50 PM
thats true

BigRatt
10-14-2008, 06:07 PM
If Tony wasn't so selfish we wouldn't be in this situation. He knew no other team would sign him to the contract he got here, he knew we were rebuilding. He wanted the contract the traded and it didn't work for him.

I agree! CP should have dealt him for a 4th because now Tony can hand in his retirement papers at the end of the season and by the start of training camp will have this revived spirit to play football again and he will pick where he wants to go and the Chiefs will get nuttin as usual.. If nothing else the 4th could have been used as means of trading up especially if you put a player with it..

BigRatt
10-14-2008, 06:09 PM
They were never offered a third... the final offers were a 4th by the Giants or a 6th by the Eagles.

I seen somewhere there was a 3 on the table..

In_Ned_I_Trust
10-14-2008, 06:37 PM
Clayton just reported the best they got was a 6th from the Giants and no other offers.

Gigantes4Life
10-14-2008, 06:45 PM
All this just makes me more sick of how this organization is run. It's pathetic.

RustShack
10-14-2008, 07:04 PM
I seen somewhere this was a 3 on the table..

I guess Buffalo offered a 3rd round pick but Tony didn't want to go there.

BigRatt
10-14-2008, 08:19 PM

If there was indeed a 3 on the table then CP should have pulled the trigger..

BigRatt
10-14-2008, 08:20 PM

U ever here what Zona offered?

touchdown bowe
10-14-2008, 08:27 PM
All this just makes me more sick of how this organization is run. It's pathetic.

agreed..theyre gonna end up handling this like the Trent Green deal..

Pipes
10-14-2008, 11:51 PM
agreed..theyre gonna end up handling this like the Trent Green deal..

Yup... Another reason he needs to go! The man doesn't have the stones to put us back on track!

Nvchiefsfan
10-15-2008, 04:35 AM
Maybe a split locker room would do us some good and help us get rid of Herm and CP. I don't blame Tony one bit for calling out his coach they should have thrown him the damn ball one more time. 3 yards was all he needed in front of his home crowd and instead it was at Carolina where we were humiliated. Send Herm back to Pee Wee and leave the NFL for the big boys!

Pipes
10-15-2008, 08:11 AM
You tell em'....:laugh2:

Gangreenseason
10-15-2008, 11:43 AM
Gonzales seems pretty pissed at ur front offices.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8677684/

RustShack
10-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Tony Gonzalez wanted the Chiefs to trade him. They didn’t.

And now the Chiefs are stuck with a guy who is, at least for now, “pissed.”

“I’m shocked,” Gonzalez told Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com. “It didn’t make sense NOT to do this deal. It’s winding down for me and this team is rebuilding. If they said from the get-go, ‘No, we’re not going to trade you,’ that would’ve been better than how this whole thing unfolded. But that’s not what happened.

“Last night I talked to Carl [Peterson] and I point blank asked him what it would take to get it done,” Gonzalez added. ”I wanted to know if it could happen with a fourth. He started talking about a second and a fifth like the [Jeremy] Shockey deal. Nobody is going to trade a second for a 32-year-old tight end. All along Carl said he would do something that works for both parties. Then he talked about how he traded a third for Willie Roaf and he made it pretty clear to me that’s what was going to get it done. That was certainly fair.”

Though the details of the offers weren’t clear, Gonzalez says that “teams” (i.e., more than one) offered a third-round pick.

“I know teams offered a third and in the end, Carl made the asking price a second. I’m very disappointed that he didn’t go through with it after he told me he was going to try to make it happen. I’ve been around this league a long time, it’s a business. There’s nothing I can do about it. I was pissed off about it but I’ll get over it. I won’t let it affect my play and my preparation.”

Per Glazer, two teams offered a third-round pick and “a few” offered a fourth-rounder. But the Chiefs held firm on wanting a second-round selection.

“I can’t cry about it,” Gonzalez said. “If anything this has motivated me even more. I’m a Chief, will be happy to be a Chief and will bust my butt for the Chiefs. I was never not happy being a Chief. I just wanted the chance to spend my last couple of years winning a title, not rebuilding. But I’m here to help rebuild, I’ll work with all our young guys and get after it like I always have.”

Until after the 2008 season, when Gonzalez will undoubtedly resume his push for a trade.

Pipes
10-15-2008, 07:33 PM
yup...

touchdown bowe
10-15-2008, 08:54 PM
When the hell will Clark Hunt grow some ****in balls and fire that white trash they call a general manager??

Pipes
10-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Unfortunatly not for awile buddy... not for awile...:pity:

touchdown bowe
10-15-2008, 11:33 PM
If Lamar could see this team now..he woulda wished he never helped merge into the NFL :pity:

RustShack
10-16-2008, 12:40 AM
PACKERS THOUGHT THEY HAD A DEAL FOR GONZALEZ
Posted by Mike Florio on October 15, 2008, 11:33 p.m.

Wow.

Not only were the Packers serious players for Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez, but the Pack also thought they had a deal.

According to Jason Wilde of the Wisconsin State Journal, the Packers drew up the paperwork that would have sent a third-round pick to Kansas City for Gonzalez, only to have the Chiefs back out ten minutes before the 4:00 p.m. EDT trading deadline, and demand a second-round pick.

Per Wilde, the Packers and Eagles offered a third-round selection for Gonzalez, and the Giants tendered a fourth-rounder.

The Falcons and Bills were willing to do more, but Gonzalez wanted to play for neither team.

Currently, the Falcons and the Bills have better records than the Packers and the Eagles. In either Atlanta or Buffalo, Gonzalez would have been greeted as a superhero, and we’re baffled by his reluctance to play for either team.

We’re even more baffled by the misguided decision by Carl Peterson to pull a last-second power play. An unrestrained ego is a dangerous thing, and Peterson now must deal with a locker room full of players who realize that, if King Carl is willing to screw Gonzalez, any of them could get equal or lesser treatment.

Nvchiefsfan
10-16-2008, 12:48 AM
Yeah this will definately leave a bad taste in the young guys mouths. If Carl stays I wouldn't be shocked to see all our guys go for free agency rather than resign with us. They should throw Carl in Prison with those Enron CEO's.

Pipes
10-16-2008, 12:53 AM
Like I said this will linger for awile.... Only King Carl out of nothing more than pure greed would take a bad situation and make into a dramatic circus... If Clark has any sense of keeping the very franchise his father work so hard to build afloat he would s h i t can that a s s hole immediatly... I hate to say it but right now we resemble the Raiders more then the Chiefs... Pathetic...:pity:

Nvchiefsfan
10-16-2008, 12:57 AM
I was thinking the same thing, oh how we have fallen

Pipes
10-16-2008, 01:00 AM
Dark Times Gents...Dark Times...:pity:

Kcfanbaby212*
10-16-2008, 11:36 AM
you seemed shocked that Carl would do this...

Nvchiefsfan
10-16-2008, 03:55 PM
Carl is the biggest snake in football now. We need to get someone with Jerry Jones mantality of get it done. Cheap ***** Carl need to go torture another team we've had him way to long. He should have been fired after Marty

Pipes
10-16-2008, 07:29 PM
you seemed shocked that Carl would do this...

Not shocked just disapointed you know... I live in Raider Nation and always no matter how bad we were had the pleasure of razing all my Raider buddies on how poorly their franchise was ran. And now to see things like this combined with such crappy play just makes me shake my head... You can't help but feel down... it's like watching the blind lead the blind you know...

Kcfanbaby212*
10-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Yeah..i feel you on that...but...its CP...hes never been a tremendously smart man..

Pipes
10-16-2008, 11:44 PM
I know but still.....