PDA

View Full Version : Monta was on a moped

Thatruth32
09-24-2008, 07:17 PM
From SFGate.com (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/09/24/SP21134ADN.DTL)
Monta Ellis was riding a moped when he severely injured his left ankle last month in his native Jackson, Miss., sources close to the Warriors guard told The Chronicle.

The 22-year-old tore the deltoid ligament in his ankle and sustained a high-ankle sprain in what one of the sources labeled as a "low-speed" accident. Ellis underwent surgery on Aug. 27 and is expected to be sidelined for at least another two months.

The cause of Ellis' injury was unclear, even to Golden State officials, immediately after he hurt himself in late August. He initially told vice president Chris Mullin the injury occurred during a pick-up basketball game, before coming clean about the moped mishap.

The team has not decided how to punish Ellis for violating the terms of his new six-year, $66 million deal by participating in a banned activity and trying to cover it up.

Since riding a moped is prohibited under the uniform player contract, the Warriors could move to terminate Ellis' deal, though such a move seems highly unlikely.

A possible punishment for Ellis is a heavy fine or suspension. It's also possible the Warriors will let Ellis off the hook completely, chalking the incident up to the youngster's maturation process.

Knbr just reported that monta was on a moped when he got hurt.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??? i dunno but im bout to leave work so will be my last post today

thats a local bay area radio station... the warriors radio station

Beno7500
09-24-2008, 07:26 PM
It's believable

MiamiHeat
09-24-2008, 07:33 PM
what's a moped?

hdxstunts1
09-24-2008, 07:41 PM
what's a moped?

Motor Scooter. Only drives 30-35mph though.

Thats just stupid if he was on one though i mean at least do a Jay Williams and get on a big daddy motorcycle.

Gorgon2k
09-24-2008, 07:46 PM
what's a moped?

:confused::confused::confused: and your from florida?

richardle9
09-24-2008, 08:09 PM

i was confused too, i thought it was like a mop with -ed, i thought moped was mo-ped

njnets
09-24-2008, 08:12 PM
lol got me too. i live in NY though, not common around here, especially close to the city.

MiamiHeat
09-24-2008, 08:19 PM

why not call it Motor Scooter then
***** gotta use moped lol :)

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-24-2008, 08:46 PM
whataaaaa dummy.

#1Mavericksfan
09-24-2008, 09:22 PM
Source: sfgate

Monta Ellis was riding a moped when he severely injured his left ankle last month in his native Jackson, Miss., sources close to the Warriors guard told The Chronicle."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/09/24/SP21134ADN.DTL

DreamShaker
09-24-2008, 09:43 PM
He's rich why is he driving that???

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-24-2008, 09:45 PM
yeah i wasn't playing that "pick game" thing

cubulls
09-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Thats what he gets for being a dumbass. The Warriors should terminate him.

Beno7500
09-24-2008, 11:20 PM

Lol

Vinny642
09-24-2008, 11:24 PM
Funny article, some athlete messed his league up driving a mo-ped

CrowninMe
09-25-2008, 01:26 AM
I don't see what the big deal is. He was on a moped, he fell, he got hurt. Accidents happen. Forgive and forget.

theimortalone
09-25-2008, 01:47 AM
Wow Monta got hurt on a Moped.

bigmac8675
09-25-2008, 01:57 AM
But a moped???!! Wow... no wonder he wanted no one to know about it. I would be embarrassed too if I was riding a moped.

sacgiants1213
09-25-2008, 02:03 AM
monta's a ****en ******...but hey i'm not complainin. glad to see that he got what he deserved after stealing the MIP away from kmart

BoltLakerPadre
09-25-2008, 02:41 AM
Wow, that was stupid. He just got a $66 million dollar contract, couldn't he afford something better than a moped?

NYKnickFanatic
09-25-2008, 11:26 AM
Golden State Warriors guard Monta Ellis' ankle injury was the result of a moped accident and did not occur while he was playing pickup basketball, the San Francisco Chronicle reported, citing sources close to the team.

Ellis, 22, who signed a six-year, $66 million contract extension with the Warriors during the offseason, tore a ligament in his left ankle and sustained a high-ankle sprain in what one of the sources said was a "low-speed" moped accident, according to the report. He underwent surgery in late August and is expected to be sidelined for another two months.

The Warriors and Ellis' agent, Jeff Fried, declined to comment on the report, according to the newspaper.

Riding a moped is prohibited under the uniform player contract, which means the Warriors could tear up Ellis' contract. But according to sources, the team and Ellis are still working through the situation. A decision on discipline won't be made until next week, according to the report.

The circumstances surrounding Ellis' injury were not clear, even to team officials, in the days immediately following the incident. Ellis initially told team vice president Chris Mullin that he got hurt during a pickup basketball game in Jackson, Miss. But according to reports, team officials were skeptical about Ellis' explanation because of the severity of the injury.

Two years ago, Los Angeles Lakers forward Vladimir Radmanovic separated his shoulder in a snowboarding accident. Radmanovic, who at first said he had slipped and fell on a patch of ice, was fined $500,000 by the team.

Ellis averaged 20.2 points, 5.0 rebounds and 3.9 assists last season, after winning NBA Most Improved Player honors after the 2006-07 season when he averaged 16.5 points, 3.2 rebounds and 4.1 assists.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3608428

Faneik
09-25-2008, 11:33 AM
There's already a thread like this...

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274650

Kdirt
09-25-2008, 11:57 AM
Wow, that was stupid. He just got a $66 million dollar contract, couldn't he afford something better than a moped?

Its not about the money, it was probably a friends or he bought it for leisure time to just drive a feel the breeze. Perhaps he has no need to do 100 mph on the freeway. Just wanted to kick back and mess around like a kid on a kiddy bike. Ive been there so I know how it probably went down. One of you ***** said terminate his contract!? Haha, yeah ok, well just pick up our future point guard from rucker park then.

NYKnickFanatic
09-25-2008, 12:08 PM
Its not about the money, it was probably a friends or he bought it for leisure time to just drive a feel the breeze. Perhaps he has no need to do 100 mph on the freeway. Just wanted to kick back and mess around like a kid on a kiddy bike. Ive been there so I know how it probably went down. One of you ***** said terminate his contract!? Haha, yeah ok, well just pick up our future point guard from rucker park then.

Riding a moped is prohibited under the uniform player contract, which means the Warriors could tear up Ellis' contract. But according to sources, the team and Ellis are still working through the situation. A decision on discipline won't be made until next week, according to the report.

If the Warriors want, they can. And get all that money back...But I doubt they will. Ellis is their future.

still1ballin
09-25-2008, 12:54 PM
monta-idiot

knowledgeGOD
09-25-2008, 01:09 PM
wow he was on a fagio.. what a way to go out

Chronz
09-25-2008, 03:09 PM

Thats just stupid if he was on one though i mean at least do a Jay Williams and get on a big daddy motorcycle.
lol, big daddy moto

MiamiHeat
09-25-2008, 03:14 PM
If this affects his playing
wow :pity:
a "moped" screw you over
that's pathetic :pity:

SensandRaps
09-25-2008, 04:10 PM

i agree then resign him for a cheaper contract then he gets wat he deserves:D

_Sn1P3r_
09-25-2008, 04:28 PM

Lmao. The end result isn't very pretty though..

Rome
09-25-2008, 08:08 PM
Dude needs to be more careful next time. If i was making bank and in the NBA, you wouldnt see my *** on a Moped. Not even that fun..

WestCoastPhan
09-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Wow, first there was a rumor he got hurt paintballing for a charity, and now his story gets downgraded to a damn moped. I'm a warriors fan, but even I'll call him an idiot for this one. There's no way we do anything to punish him, except for the possibility that they take his game checks for the time he's going to be sitting out and recovering from surgery.