PDA

View Full Version : Bobcats sign Carl Landry to Offer Sheet

DerekRE_3
09-24-2008, 05:41 PM
The deal is reported to be 3 years 9 million. This would put the Rockets right at the luxury tax level. They may not match the offer if they intend to resign Ron Artest after this season, since that would most definitely put them over the luxury tax. The Rockets are reported to have offered Landry about half of what the Bobcats have offered.

I think this could be a nice pickup. Especially if Sean May is hurt again, which is a good possibility. I really like Landry's game, and he would be a great addition to our team.

Thoughts?

rhino17
09-24-2008, 05:53 PM
the rockets have said they will match pretty much any offer that isnt outrageous and this is a pretty fair deal imo

jgonboricua
09-24-2008, 06:12 PM
good pickup for the bobcats if this goes through

DerekRE_3
09-24-2008, 06:15 PM
The thing is, with Artest's contract situation they may be less inclined to match since it will make them very close to the luxury tax. Ron Artest will probably command 10-11 million next year, which will definitely put them over the luxury tax. At the very least the Bobcats make the Rockets pay twice as much as they wanted to and push them towards that luxury threshold.

rhino17
09-24-2008, 08:11 PM
The thing is, with Artest's contract situation they may be less inclined to match since it will make them very close to the luxury tax. Ron Artest will probably command 10-11 million next year, which will definitely put them over the luxury tax. At the very least the Bobcats make the Rockets pay twice as much as they wanted to and push them towards that luxury threshold.

I think they will be fine and if they are serious about winning a championship, they shouldnt be afraid to go over the luxury tax. In terms of the artest contract, i think the rockets would consider unloading some other contracts in order to sign him. IDK if they will be able to sign mutombo now, but i think landry is more important

king4day
09-25-2008, 08:59 AM
I really hope it's not matched.
If the Rockets are serious about matching an offer not outrageous that I'd have thought they woulda done it by now. This should be an easy decision.

DerekRE_3
09-25-2008, 02:38 PM
I think they will be fine and if they are serious about winning a championship, they shouldnt be afraid to go over the luxury tax. In terms of the artest contract, i think the rockets would consider unloading some other contracts in order to sign him. IDK if they will be able to sign mutombo now, but i think landry is more important

Yeah I know but still, it wouldn't be the first time a franchise got cheap.

fredv
09-25-2008, 03:54 PM
Well stop dreaming guys, the Rockets just matched the Bobcats offer. Landry is back.

masalex1205
09-26-2008, 01:21 PM
At least the Cats Front Office is showing some creativity, its a sign of good things to come and also that they are not oblivious to glaring holes in the front court.

celticfan
09-26-2008, 10:07 PM
tough luck