PDA

View Full Version : Stephon Marbury Could End Up With Heat, Celtics, Spurs Or Clippers

#1Mavericksfan
09-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Source: nypost

Stephon Marbury, who could wind up in Miami, Boston, San Antonio or the Clippers, said he has no desire to work out a buyout with the Knicks.

"There wouldn't be no negotiation," Marbury said. "They're going to give me all my money. ... If they want to waive me and give me all my money, fine. If not, I'll try to help this organization win the championship. They told me to come to camp in the best shape of my life and I did that. But I don't want to be in a place I'm not wanted."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09242008/sports/knicks/hous_back__steph__too_____for_now_130459.htm

MiamiHeat
09-24-2008, 03:58 PM
MIAMI
VERY NICE :up:

nothing to lose we
gave smush parker a try

Beno7500
09-24-2008, 03:59 PM
I hate marbury

knicks1214
09-24-2008, 04:00 PM
First he has to be released-which according to Walsh, is not going to happen until after training camp...plus, he would ruin the chemistry on whatever team he goes to.

Beno7500
09-24-2008, 04:02 PM
he is an arrogant, me first player with a huge ego

RocketsRule
09-24-2008, 04:02 PM
I believe he will go to Miami, they had strong interest in obtaining him before.

Whether or not he works well with them is debatable.

NYKnickFanatic
09-24-2008, 04:03 PM
First he has to be released-which according to Walsh, is not going to happen until after training camp...plus, he would ruin the chemistry on whatever team he goes to.

If he went to the Spurs, I think Duncan and Co. could keep him in check.

And have him play to his abilities. Man, that would be scary.

MiamiHeat
09-24-2008, 04:03 PM
If he comes to Miami BIG IF
Mark Blount will rape him
if he doesn't behave

Fireworld
09-24-2008, 04:12 PM
If he went to the Spurs, I think Duncan and Co. could keep him in check.

And have him play to his abilities. Man, that would be scary.

true...i think Pat Riley and Phil Jackson would too.

LayZbone
09-24-2008, 04:13 PM
if he doesn't behave

Mark Blount = the enforcer

Faneik
09-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Not welcome!

Chemistry killer! :mad:

DeeJay
09-24-2008, 04:16 PM
I hate marbury

I wouldnt say I hate him, but I do dislike him A lot, so I hope he goes to one of those teams mentioned, as long hes gone on the Knicks its all fine.

_Sn1P3r_
09-24-2008, 04:19 PM
I believe he will go to Miami, they had strong interest in obtaining him before.

Whether or not he works well with them is debatable.

I agree. If Marbury just gets his head straight and cooperates with what he can get with Miami, that'll be good.

SensandRaps
09-24-2008, 04:35 PM
if he doesn't behave

lmao the Heat finnally found a use for Blount:clap:

KmB728
09-24-2008, 04:35 PM
KG would woop him into shape

Chronz
09-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Hes staying in NY it seems

barreleffact
09-24-2008, 04:46 PM
w/e team he goes to he'll realize he aint the big man on campus anymore, so he wont need anyone to whip him in shape. he may be arrogant but he isnt dumb. secondly, im surprised noo1 has said anything about his saying hes getting all his money or isnt gonna be waived. i 100% agree he should do that, but it does look badly on him. like what if things go wrong w his new team...then again, the knicks did him dirty

knicks1214
09-24-2008, 04:57 PM
"He isn't dumb."--are you sure about that? Here are some of the things that Marbury has said in the past in interviews...look for yourself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYY338_JgvI&feature=related
http://gothamist.com/2007/08/23/marbury_has_foo.php
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/stephon-marbury-high-interview/3662977144 -go to 1:25
The Knicks didn't do anything to him...he did this to himself.

runbball24
09-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Marboo-boo is a team killer he has to come off the bench no way a team can win with sorry *** marbury leading them.

barreleffact
09-24-2008, 05:12 PM
"He isn't dumb."--are you sure about that? Here are some of the things that Marbury has said in the past in interviews...look for yourself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYY338_JgvI&feature=related
http://gothamist.com/2007/08/23/marbury_has_foo.php
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/stephon-marbury-high-interview/3662977144 -go to 1:25
The Knicks didn't do anything to him...he did this to himself.

yea...ur right. when his dad died while watching him at a game and isaih thomas nor any other knick personnel said anything until halftime...that is nothing at all. i mean the fact that his dad ended up dying before marbury could see him and say goodbye...thats nothing. you're right

MTar786
09-24-2008, 05:20 PM
i dont like him much.. but i know this guy has passion.. look at his nba draft interview. i think he'll work well for the heat.. they have nothing to lose.. cant start chalmers just yet.. n quinn aint that good.... plus i see it like this.. if he doesnt work out it doesnt matter the heat wont be gettin too far this season anyway.. if it does work out then the heat will be MUCH better than expected, wade will have more rerason to stay, same goes for marion.. riley will be motivated to look for more talent fast to make a championship team once again.. which might lead to them getting a better big man than magloire

marbury/ chalmers/quinn
wade/ cook
marion/ wright
beasly/ haslem
magloire/ zo/ blount

looks great on paper and is very deep surprisingly

#1Mavericksfan
09-24-2008, 05:36 PM
I think K.G. would keep him in check if he went to the Celtics becasue Stephon Marbury did play good basketball when him and K.G. played together in Minnesota.

MiamiHeat
09-24-2008, 06:11 PM
Mark Blount = the enforcer

lmao the Heat finnally found a use for Blount:clap:

:laugh2:
yes finally Blount will show his true talent
well if Marbury doesn't behave ;)

bogdanrom
09-24-2008, 07:43 PM
I think it would be a bad decision for the Spurs to sign him. They have a solid team with really good chemistry. The only thing he will do is messed it all up. Pretty stupid if the Spurs sign him.

The Clippers shouldn't do this too because they have BD, and Eric Gordon can play some PG. Plus I don't think that Marbury would be happy to play backup.

Miami could work. He would start so he that would make him happy.

LayZbone
09-24-2008, 07:45 PM
marbury/ chalmers/ quinn
wade/ cook
marion/ jones/ wright
beasly/ haslem
magloire/ zo/ blount

looks great on paper and is very deep surprisingly

Added James Jones to backup SF as well. :up:

SAVAGE CLAW
09-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Why in hell Paying 22 millions to him to just allow him to walk away, get into a contender, Play his *** off to earna good contract ,win a title, and then earn a lucrative contract somewhere else after RUINING our franchise?

Its UTTERLY STUPID, id rather have him playing waterboy, or just in the roster banning him from training and etc, make him pay for all this bad years.

And you know? he is EXPIRING; MASSIVE expiring!!!!!

Remeber Kwame for Gasol? The main drive was Kwames 9 million expiring.

Come on Walsh just wait till Februrary, SOME team is going to decide to rebuild and sell their star for expiring cs , you just have to keep the moron a bit longer!!!.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-24-2008, 09:56 PM
he sucks should just go to Italy

barreleffact
09-24-2008, 10:57 PM
Why in hell Paying 22 millions to him to just allow him to walk away, get into a contender, Play his *** off to earna good contract ,win a title, and then earn a lucrative contract somewhere else after RUINING our franchise?

Its UTTERLY STUPID, id rather have him playing waterboy, or just in the roster banning him from training and etc, make him pay for all this bad years.

And you know? he is EXPIRING; MASSIVE expiring!!!!!

Remeber Kwame for Gasol? The main drive was Kwames 9 million expiring.

Come on Walsh just wait till Februrary, SOME team is going to decide to rebuild and sell their star for expiring cs , you just have to keep the moron a bit longer!!!.

yes...he ruined your franchise....cuz i mean isaih was great. curry is the best player alive..especially tendemed with randolph. you have the best GM and best personnel....yes. it was marbury's fault!!!

Nighthawk
09-24-2008, 11:06 PM
^^LOL....pay that contract Mr. Walsh and ill gladly take him on the C's. I dont think for one second Marbury or ANYONE would ruin the chemistry we got. Marbury on the knicks is with Curry, ZBo and the other clowns.

IversonIsKrazy
09-25-2008, 12:35 AM
im not sure if he would b a good fit 4 spurs or clippers. think abt, both of 'em alredy have a top5 PG. Tony Parker and Baron Davis. his best fit would b w/ heat

SAVAGE CLAW
09-25-2008, 12:46 AM
He could be a TITLE WINER DECISIVE MAN for this teams:

Lakers .... He still is better than Fisher/Farmar

Rockets....Unless Francis is able to work a miracle by himself, Pg its Rockets worst problem to get a ring.

Nuggets...Could for sure Use a Pg, but i dont know if stern woudl allow them to play with two balls.

Celtics, If they could do it with Rondo imagine it with a DECENT pg.

Miami, If he meshed well with Wade and Marion they would be in contention again.

Cleveland, out of shape and everything he stillhas some D , wich cant be said about our friend Williams.

MIlwaukee, could do a big three thing with Redd and Jeffersson.