PDA

View Full Version : Patriots sign WR Maurice Price

robFranny10
09-24-2008, 03:17 PM
Patriots sign WR Maurice Price New England Patriots

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots signed wide receiver Maurice Price today. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed. Additionally, the Patriots signed rookie offensive lineman Ryan Wendell to their practice squad and released rookie defensive back Mark Dillard from their practice squad.

Price, 23, was originally signed by the Kansas City Chiefs as a rookie free agent out of Charleston Southern on May 5, 2007. The 6-foot-1-inch, 197-pound wide receiver missed his entire rookie season due to injury after being placed on the Chiefs’ reserve/injured list with a clavicle injury on Aug. 27, 2007. Price was listed as a day-of-game inactive for the Chiefs’ season-opening game against the Patriots at Gillette Stadium on Sept. 7, 2008. He was released by the Chiefs and signed to their practice squad on Sept. 10, 2008. Price was released from the Chiefs’ practice squad on Sept. 19. Price will wear number 17 for the Patriots.

Wendell, 22, was originally signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Fresno State on May 2, 2008. The 6-foot-2-inch, 275-pound guard/center was with the Patriots throughout their 2008 training camp and was released on Aug. 26. Wendell was a four-year starter at Fresno State and was a first-team All-WAC selection as a senior in 2007.

Dillard, 21, was originally signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Louisiana Tech on May 2, 2008. The 5-foot-11-inch, 210-pound safety was with the Patriots throughout their 2008 training camp and was released in the final preseason roster cutdown on Aug. 30, 2008. He was signed to the practice squad on Aug. 31 and was released from the practice squad on Sept. 10 before being re-signed to the practice squad on Sept. 15.

[Courtesy of Patriots.com]

Thoughts?

BoSox47
09-24-2008, 03:35 PM
not impressed. Neither will make an impact.

futureheisman
09-24-2008, 04:12 PM
wont make an impact

Wake's Fastball
09-24-2008, 06:09 PM
Boo. Bring back Childress if you want a WR.

Crickr
09-24-2008, 06:41 PM
What to hell do they need another receiver for? The problems are not receiving the ball it is getting the chance to throw it to them. The O line needs attention not receivers.

ERLynx
09-24-2008, 09:55 PM
Boo. Bring back Childress if you want a WR.

didnt aiken even make a catch last weekend? i dont really understand this move, picking up another WR.

ProPoster
09-24-2008, 11:22 PM
Possible setup for some sort of trade? Who really knows what they're doing anyways...

The Intimidator
09-25-2008, 12:44 AM

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots signed wide receiver Maurice Price today. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed. Additionally, the Patriots signed rookie offensive lineman Ryan Wendell to their practice squad and released rookie defensive back Mark Dillard from their practice squad.

Price, 23, was originally signed by the Kansas City Chiefs as a rookie free agent out of Charleston Southern on May 5, 2007. The 6-foot-1-inch, 197-pound wide receiver missed his entire rookie season due to injury after being placed on the Chiefs’ reserve/injured list with a clavicle injury on Aug. 27, 2007. Price was listed as a day-of-game inactive for the Chiefs’ season-opening game against the Patriots at Gillette Stadium on Sept. 7, 2008. He was released by the Chiefs and signed to their practice squad on Sept. 10, 2008. Price was released from the Chiefs’ practice squad on Sept. 19. Price will wear number 17 for the Patriots.

Wendell, 22, was originally signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Fresno State on May 2, 2008. The 6-foot-2-inch, 275-pound guard/center was with the Patriots throughout their 2008 training camp and was released on Aug. 26. Wendell was a four-year starter at Fresno State and was a first-team All-WAC selection as a senior in 2007.

Dillard, 21, was originally signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Louisiana Tech on May 2, 2008. The 5-foot-11-inch, 210-pound safety was with the Patriots throughout their 2008 training camp and was released in the final preseason roster cutdown on Aug. 30, 2008. He was signed to the practice squad on Aug. 31 and was released from the practice squad on Sept. 10 before being re-signed to the practice squad on Sept. 15.

Thoughts?

Welcome to PSD, first of all. Second of all, I'm not sure how much we'll see Price, if we see him at all.

blacknell
09-26-2008, 12:14 AM
so i see there trying to bring in some help for Wes Wleker because looks like MR.Moss still can't produce without a superstar QB 2-22 4-25 do those numbers look familiar to you guys? looks like he is putting up those Oakland raiders numbers now

The Intimidator
09-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Yeah, keep trying buddy. Your baiting still needs some work...

Fribbles
09-26-2008, 10:25 AM

Thoughts?

My thoughts....uhhh does this remind u of someone? who we just cut, a Mr. Chad Jackson...I don't understand this signing

The Intimidator
09-26-2008, 10:31 AM
My thoughts....uhhh does this remind u of someone? who we just cut, a Mr. Chad Jackson...I don't understand this signing

Well, unlike Chad Jackson, we don't have much money invested in this guy. But yeah, there are similarities there.

Martin14
09-26-2008, 10:53 AM
:bang: a receiver? hahaha are you kidding me?

griff141
09-26-2008, 03:15 PM
What's the point behind this signing?

The Intimidator
09-26-2008, 04:43 PM
It's probably for depth, nothing more. I mean, I don't think that we're looking at the second coming of Jerry Rice here.

Vthockeydad
09-26-2008, 07:35 PM
I would think Belichick has proven himself over the years. He has forgotten more about football that all of us know. I trust the man. There is obviously no one available who would help out the OL.