PDA

View Full Version : ''I don't want to dunk anymore''

ramansingh3
09-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Remember when Vince Carter claimed he didn't want to dunk anymore and said it was overrated. Then he caught it off the board and dunked it in the 2005 allstar game? :confused: Kinda weird a stupid thing to say. :badidea:

cuttygiantsfan
09-24-2008, 11:46 AM
i think it was more of joke...

still1ballin
09-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Why is this brought up now?

BADizzleBoY
09-24-2008, 11:51 AM
:confused:

$ NyC $
09-24-2008, 12:05 PM
? Imagine some1 being so stupid 2 just choose not 2 dunk. Dunking is as high a percentage shot as you could get.

NYKnickFanatic
09-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Random much?

Beno7500
09-24-2008, 03:43 PM
hes dumb to not want to dunk

Yogi
09-24-2008, 03:45 PM
This thread is stupid.

MiamiHeat
09-24-2008, 04:02 PM
Random much?

:confused:

Pretty much what i wanted to write :cool:

23LBJCleBrowns
09-24-2008, 04:02 PM
the alll star game is all show. thats why he did it

Nets fan 93
09-24-2008, 04:10 PM
you talkin about this? this is exactly why i hate ESPN,

DeeJay
09-24-2008, 04:14 PM
This thread is stupid.

Agreed

Fireworld
09-24-2008, 04:15 PM
not much of a point to this thread eh?!

23LBJCleBrowns
09-24-2008, 04:16 PM
lol. it is a supid thread

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-24-2008, 04:18 PM
pointless thread

_Sn1P3r_
09-24-2008, 04:24 PM
I thought that was weird but that comment is way behind me.

greg_ory_2005
09-24-2008, 06:48 PM
OK, he made that comment years ago...

Hawkeye15
09-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Has Vince Carter ever said anything not stupid? What a waste of talent, I mean him and his cousin need to go somewhere where they hand out testicles, maybe then they will live up to their unmatched potential

theuuord
09-24-2008, 07:59 PM
lol @ Vince haters desperate to find anything they can to trash the guy.

build a bridge.
get over it.

Cavs_Fan24
09-24-2008, 08:02 PM
Random much?

i know, like really!?!:confused:

Hawkeye15
09-24-2008, 08:04 PM
lol @ Vince haters desperate to find anything they can to trash the guy.

build a bridge.
get over it.

I don't respect anyone that doesn't play hard, and misses 6 games with a hangnail. Sorry. If you have Carter's ability, you average 34 ppg, and dunk on everyone in sight. Unless you don't give a ****, in which case you collect a paycheck, and never sniff a ring

marvILLous
09-24-2008, 08:54 PM
lol he actually dunked the ball the game after he said that vs the wizards.. i remember it haha.. it happened after the 1st quarter buzzer went off.. then in the 2nd quarter he dunked the ball in regulation lol..

JJ_JKidd
09-24-2008, 09:01 PM
In as much as I hate Carter, I think this thread is a bit of nonsense.

BoltLakerPadre
09-24-2008, 09:06 PM

Uh, I second that question.

theuuord
09-25-2008, 02:19 AM
I don't respect anyone that doesn't play hard, and misses 6 games with a hangnail. Sorry. If you have Carter's ability, you average 34 ppg, and dunk on everyone in sight. Unless you don't give a ****, in which case you collect a paycheck, and never sniff a ring

lol.
get over it. seriously.
Vince Carter played last year on one ankle and averaged 21 points, 6 rebounds, and five assists. Only two other players also had that output. LeBron James was one of them. Kobe Bryant was the other.

He - man of no heart - played more games this season than Kevin Garnett did. In fact, he played more games than Kevin Garnett did the season before that as well. Are you going to say Garnett has no heart, too?
He's only missed nine games in the last two seasons, which is better than most of the NBA.

Doing everything while looking effortless is different from putting forth no effort. You, my friend, fail to see that difference.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-25-2008, 02:46 AM
you talkin about this? this is exactly why i hate ESPN,

That sig is off tha chainzzzzzzzzz

Hawkeye15
09-25-2008, 01:07 PM
lol.
get over it. seriously.
Vince Carter played last year on one ankle and averaged 21 points, 6 rebounds, and five assists. Only two other players also had that output. LeBron James was one of them. Kobe Bryant was the other.

He - man of no heart - played more games this season than Kevin Garnett did. In fact, he played more games than Kevin Garnett did the season before that as well. Are you going to say Garnett has no heart, too?
He's only missed nine games in the last two seasons, which is better than most of the NBA.

Doing everything while looking effortless is different from putting forth no effort. You, my friend, fail to see that difference.

If you seriously think VC is tough, and plays hard, you are an idiot. My point is, he has more talent than Kobe Bryant. But he refuses to play hard, or be a leader. Therefore, he will just be happy making the all star game from voters like you, who still get a hard on from his dunks 8 years ago.
Derrick Coleman, Tim Thomas, Stephon Marbury, all in the same boat. waste of huge potential

40oz
09-25-2008, 01:22 PM
This thread is stupid.

agreed

theuuord
09-25-2008, 01:49 PM
If you seriously think VC is tough, and plays hard, you are an idiot. My point is, he has more talent than Kobe Bryant. But he refuses to play hard, or be a leader. Therefore, he will just be happy making the all star game from voters like you, who still get a hard on from his dunks 8 years ago.
Derrick Coleman, Tim Thomas, Stephon Marbury, all in the same boat. waste of huge potential

LOL. You think I care about flashy dunks? I don't. It doesn't matter to me at all. Vince could never throw down again for all I care.
I care about performance. And VC performs, plain and simple.

Have you ever tried playing basketball on one good ankle? I have. It's horrible. It hurts. A lot. I can't do it for three minutes. Carter did it for 76 games.
Just because he was in a horrible situation five years ago and didn't play 100% for a team way out of contention doesn't mean he's not tough.
And if you disagree, go sprain your ankle and play almost 3,000 minutes against the best 400 basketball players in the world.
And not only that, go outperform 95% of it.

I find it unbelievable how people find a way to hate players who outperform most of the NBA for the most ridiculous of reasons.
It truly boggles the mind...

Hawkeye15
09-25-2008, 02:01 PM
LOL. You think I care about flashy dunks? I don't. It doesn't matter to me at all. Vince could never throw down again for all I care.
I care about performance. And VC performs, plain and simple.

Have you ever tried playing basketball on one good ankle? I have. It's horrible. It hurts. A lot. I can't do it for three minutes. Carter did it for 76 games.
Just because he was in a horrible situation five years ago and didn't play 100% for a team way out of contention doesn't mean he's not tough.
And if you disagree, go sprain your ankle and play almost 3,000 minutes against the best 400 basketball players in the world.
And not only that, go outperform 95% of it.

I find it unbelievable how people find a way to hate players who outperform most of the NBA for the most ridiculous of reasons.
It truly boggles the mind...

again, you are missing my point. I don't care if a player averages 30-15, if they are capable of far better, they are not living up to their talent, and should be called out. And every player in the NBA is banged up. Every single one. Some choose to play thru it no matter what, some don't. He has not lived up to his potential. He had to potential to be one of the top 5 players in the NBA. As it is, he isn't a top 20. I am done arguing with you on this, I think he wasted his talent, you don't. Oh well. Do you also think Yi is a contender for MIP? Or that LeBron is a Net in 2 years? C'mon dude, join the real world

AZ9ERFAN
09-25-2008, 02:14 PM
you should have made this thread like two years ago

theuuord
09-25-2008, 03:01 PM
again, you are missing my point. I don't care if a player averages 30-15, if they are capable of far better, they are not living up to their talent, and should be called out. And every player in the NBA is banged up. Every single one. Some choose to play thru it no matter what, some don't. He has not lived up to his potential. He had to potential to be one of the top 5 players in the NBA. As it is, he isn't a top 20. I am done arguing with you on this, I think he wasted his talent, you don't. Oh well. Do you also think Yi is a contender for MIP? Or that LeBron is a Net in 2 years? C'mon dude, join the real world

You've got to be kidding me.

Let me get this straight.
You
A) make up a "potential" a player should have
B) decide whether or not he's lived up to that potential, and
C) judge a player that way.

I mean.
You really think this?

You can have a team of ... oh, I don't know, five Eduardo Najera's, who has gotten the most out his potential I would say.
I'll take five Vince Carters.
Who wins?

I actually laughed out loud at how little your logic is based in reality. Seriously. The guy who lived next to me asked what was so funny.

We do not judge people or players on what they might have done. We judge players on their accomplishments. And Vince Carter has a laundry list worth of accomplishments.
Just because "you" think he should have been better doesn't mean everyone should judge him differently because of it.

and LOL @ you saying you're done arguing and then throwing in a couple of snark comments about Yi and LeBron. What, are you actually worried that those two things might happen?
It is truly sad...

so once more.
build a bridge.
get over it.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2008, 09:11 PM
You've got to be kidding me.

Let me get this straight.
You
A) make up a "potential" a player should have
B) decide whether or not he's lived up to that potential, and
C) judge a player that way.

I mean.
You really think this?

You can have a team of ... oh, I don't know, five Eduardo Najera's, who has gotten the most out his potential I would say.
I'll take five Vince Carters.
Who wins?

I actually laughed out loud at how little your logic is based in reality. Seriously. The guy who lived next to me asked what was so funny.

We do not judge people or players on what they might have done. We judge players on their accomplishments. And Vince Carter has a laundry list worth of accomplishments.
Just because "you" think he should have been better doesn't mean everyone should judge him differently because of it.

and LOL @ you saying you're done arguing and then throwing in a couple of snark comments about Yi and LeBron. What, are you actually worried that those two things might happen?
It is truly sad...

so once more.
build a bridge.
get over it.

Well, good luck with VC as your franchise player. Lets see how that works out for you. Oh wait, his 24 ppg haven't amounted to ****. My bad, you are so right on

JIDsanity
09-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Well, good luck with VC as your franchise player. Lets see how that works out for you. Oh wait, his 24 ppg haven't amounted to ****. My bad, you are so right on

Get over yourself. What's your beef with VC anyway, did he rape you or something? seriously?
His points amount to every win the Nets have had with him, cause the have never won a single game without him since he's been on the roster. Too much ESPN is bad for you think for yourself, you probably think PP is the 2nd best player in the league, and LeBron sucks. That's what ESPN does to you. :pity: Your a joke.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2008, 10:03 PM
Get over yourself. What's your beef with VC anyway, did he rape you or something? seriously?
His points amount to every win the Nets have had with him, cause the have never won a single game without him since he's been on the roster. Too much ESPN is bad for you think for yourself, you probably think PP is the 2nd best player in the league, and LeBron sucks. That's what ESPN does to you. :pity: Your a joke.

my beef is he says **** like the title of this thread. He is a waste of superstar talent, and the more fans that blindly vote him into the all star game, because of his dunks 8 years ago, need to open a book on basketball, or watch some classic NBA to see a real player. Would the Nets be worse without him? Sure, but they would most likely find a way to spend that 18 million he makes to find a player who gives a ****.
If you read my posts on other threads, you know I understand basketball. If you still want to biasedly talk trash about how great Carter is, then you need to learn how to dribble all over. It goes in that little round thing 10' from the floor.

heyman321
09-25-2008, 10:49 PM
Remember when Karl Malone said, "the" ? Yeah...

theuuord
09-25-2008, 11:22 PM

That was such a well-constructed argument, that really dealt with any and all of the points I made.

You are so GOOD at this debating thing!

:eyebrow:

theuuord
09-25-2008, 11:23 PM
my beef is he says **** like the title of this thread. He is a waste of superstar talent, and the more fans that blindly vote him into the all star game, because of his dunks 8 years ago, need to open a book on basketball, or watch some classic NBA to see a real player. Would the Nets be worse without him? Sure, but they would most likely find a way to spend that 18 million he makes to find a player who gives a ****.
If you read my posts on other threads, you know I understand basketball. If you still want to biasedly talk trash about how great Carter is, then you need to learn how to dribble all over. It goes in that little round thing 10' from the floor.

lol @ you not even making sense anymore.

DenButsu
09-25-2008, 11:56 PM
And in other news, researchers have developed a new technology they're calling a "compact disc", or "CD". They claim it could potentially replace the vinyl LP and the audio cassette...