PDA

View Full Version : Kuroda or Kershaw?

SOAD
09-24-2008, 08:04 AM
If we hold on to our lead in the West, who should be our 3rd starter in the playoffs?

BlueZoo
09-24-2008, 09:27 AM
I voted and posted Kershaw on another sight...and got roundly taken to task for it..."shouted down" by Kuroda supporters.
Although CK struggles with control at times, I think you need a lefty in a short rotation.
I also think Kuroda is just too shaky and inconsistant.
You just never know which Kuroda is going to show up.
I think that Joe will go with Kuroda, though...if we get there.

c2thab
09-24-2008, 12:27 PM
I think it depends on who we play....got to go with match-ups in the playoffs

blueplatespcial
09-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Kuroda - but he should get the quick hook if his evil twin shows up. CK can take it from the first inning, if need be.

GameOver21
09-24-2008, 12:46 PM
If we hold on to our lead in the West, who should be our 3rd starter in the playoffs? Keep in mind this will be a road game.

Your Avitar is awesome :smoking:

BlueMouse
09-24-2008, 12:55 PM
It's a fairly tough call, but Torre will likely give prefference to Kuroda. And he should. The guy has been lights out at times.

Matchups could be considered - But we will probably use a 4 man rotation anyways, so whoever doesn't go in game 3 will pitch in game 4 (if needed). I'm also fairly sure a games 3 and 4 will be in L.A.

Another question is who goes in game 1? Billingsly is our ace, but Lowe has been pitching lights out and has the experience.

Of course, if we wait until the last day of the season to wrap this up, Kershaw will go in game 1, Kuroda game 2, Lowe 3, and Bills 4.

t327
09-24-2008, 01:44 PM
It's a fairly tough call, but Torre will likely give prefference to Kuroda. And he should. The guy has been lights out at times.

Matchups could be considered - But we will probably use a 4 man rotation anyways, so whoever doesn't go in game 3 will pitch in game 4 (if needed). I'm also fairly sure a games 3 and 4 will be in L.A.

Another question is who goes in game 1? Billingsly is our ace, but Lowe has been pitching lights out and has the experience.

Of course, if we wait until the last day of the season to wrap this up, Kershaw will go in game 1, Kuroda game 2, Lowe 3, and Bills 4.

I heard Lowe is pitching on Friday on 4 day's rest so if the Dodgers do make the playoffs on the last day, he can still pitch game 1 next Wednesday.

BlueMouse
09-24-2008, 01:47 PM
I heard Lowe is pitching on Friday on 4 day's rest so if the Dodgers do make the playoffs on the last day, he can still pitch game 1 next Wednesday.

That would be brilliant. That way he could pitch a game 5 too, if it came to that. I would hate to see the kid having the pressure of pitching 2 games in a 5 game series.

LAFord
09-24-2008, 01:51 PM
It's a landslide victory.

Bleedinblueball
09-24-2008, 02:44 PM
I personally want to see the kid shine but exp with a leash could be the best option koruda has shown extreme brilliance as well as the jeckel / hyde syndrome but he has been there before!!!!! And might show why we are spending all that chedda on him K.K has many years to show his gumption and will contribute later in the series we need to win early and carry a streak!

UCLADodger
09-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Wow... 11-0 ... untill me that is.

Kershaw pitches well at home and has the lefty arm that the phils and the mets dont want to face.

Also... Kershaw doesnt need to go 7 innings. He can go 5 with Kuo coming out of the bully...

Call me crazy but Id prefer a strike out pitcher against a team like the phillies instead of a contact pitcher like Kuroda.

bestlakersfan
09-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Kuroda - but he should get the quick hook if his evil twin shows up. CK can take it from the first inning, if need be.

Ditto.

bestlakersfan
09-24-2008, 02:52 PM
SOAD, dude that avatar is amazing. Who is that? Kim Kardashian??? If so, damn that just makes me want her more...

lahoreda
09-24-2008, 04:54 PM
hey hey hey, who said game three would be on the road? Since we have the worst record of ALL the playoff teams, wouldn't the series start with us on the road? I thought we get game 3 and 4 at home.

I think I'd go with Kuroda in game 3 and Kershaw in game 4 (these two have great home records). Leave Maddux out of the rotation please...

Tymathee
09-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Kuroda cuz Kuroda did it while in Japan, so he's used to the pressure and I think that Kershaw would be better served in the bullpen for us in the playoffs with Kuo out.

So, it should go...

Lowe, Billingsley, Kuroda, Maddux

BlueMouse
09-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Kuroda cuz Kuroda did it while in Japan, so he's used to the pressure and I think that Kershaw would be better served in the bullpen for us in the playoffs with Kuo out.

So, it should go...

Lowe, Billingsley, Kuroda, Maddux

:eyebrow:

dodgerphreak
09-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Games three and four are going to be at home...

But anyway, I would throw Lowe first, then Bills, then Kuroda after that and then Kershaw in game 4 with Lowe in game 5 if it makes it that far.

SOAD
09-24-2008, 05:30 PM
To everyone inquiring about my avatar, I have no Idea what the chick's face looks like, and with an *** like that, it really doesn't matter. Found the pic on a different site and made it my avy. Also, thanks to a couple of you for pointing out that game 3 is at home, I have no clue what made me think it was a road game.

Complete brain fart!

dodgers07champs
09-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Kuroda, he is an excellent pitcher at home, more experienced, and since it seems that the Phillies or Cubs will be our first round opponent, Kuroda has owned both teams in the regular season. Kershaw would start game 4, I would hope..

OzJohnno
09-24-2008, 06:48 PM
I would think they would both be included in the rotation for a 7 game series and for the 5 game series I would go with Kuroda at #3. My only concern is Maddux. Joe could start him on his reputation alone and that can't be good for the team.

LAdiablo
09-24-2008, 06:49 PM
kershaw with a short leash and kuroda at the ready

LAdiablo
09-24-2008, 06:52 PM
To everyone inquiring about my avatar, I have no Idea what the chick's face looks like, and with an *** like that, it really doesn't matter. Found the pic on a different site and made it my avy. Also, thanks to a couple of you for pointing out that game 3 is at home, I have no clue what made me think it was a road game.

Complete brain fart!

oh believe me it does. a nice *** on a butter face just gets old quick. esp if you wake up with her.:speechless: you can only doggy so long...

SOAD
09-24-2008, 09:08 PM
Kuroda, he is an excellent pitcher at home, more experienced, and since it seems that the Phillies or Cubs will be our first round opponent, Kuroda has owned both teams in the regular season. Kershaw would start game 4, I would hope..I'd have to agree with you. Kuroda has had a few gems at Chavez Ravine this year. If he happens to be ineffective, put in the kid.

oh believe me it does. a nice *** on a butter face just gets old quick. esp if you wake up with her.:speechless: you can only doggy so long...You make a valid point. She'd have to have a really ugly face though for me not to at the very least pull a one night stand.

IBleedBlue15
09-25-2008, 12:10 AM
It's a toss up, because both have been pitching well. I guess you decide by their last outings. We saw Kershaw tonight, one out away from a quality start. It just depends how Kuroda does.

Bleeds Blue
09-25-2008, 01:50 AM
depends on who we play, if its the cubs then id say kuroda but if its the phils or mets id actually go with kershaw. i think that kuroda would get eaten up by those lefty power bats that the mets and phils have and i think that kershaw could keep em in check

4everblue
09-25-2008, 02:01 AM
Kuroda by far and Im not even sure if I trust CK in the playoffs. Even though Maddux has been crappy sometimes, CK's pitch counts are too high and he seems sometimes to lack confidence. It's gonna be a tough call for Joe...

darth550
09-25-2008, 02:25 AM
Good question.....

CK has been coming on of late but HK can be lights out.......

THE NATION
09-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Wow... 11-0 ... untill me that is.

Kershaw pitches well at home and has the lefty arm that the phils and the mets dont want to face.

Also... Kershaw doesnt need to go 7 innings. He can go 5 with Kuo coming out of the bully...
Call me crazy but Id prefer a strike out pitcher against a team like the phillies instead of a contact pitcher like Kuroda.

I don't think Kuo will be back.

darth550
09-25-2008, 12:27 PM
I don't think Kuo will be back.

Times article today has Kuo quoted as saying he'd destroy his arm forever to get to pitch in a WS and Torre stating no single game is worth a career....

Do the math.......

THE NATION
09-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Times article today has Kuo quoted as saying he'd destroy his arm forever to get to pitch in a WS and Torre stating no single game is worth a career....

Do the math.......

So you think he will pitch in the postseason?

Bleedinblueball
09-25-2008, 12:55 PM
MAybe a kk mad dog split game that way we throw them off with the left and and dog can keep his leash or vice versa ...............short plus mad dog has pitched against every one i mean come on he has pithced in both leagues knows coaches and hitters pretty well kourda has the exp in japan if this doesnt work p.s if we play philly he owns them they have a .95 average aginst him has a 1.95 era on the game he pitched?

The 6-4-3
09-25-2008, 12:55 PM
i'd go with Kuroda kershaw might be a little to young to pitch in a playoff game and have the confidence he needs
Kuroda, but Kershaw might be able to handle it...

Bleedinblueball
09-25-2008, 12:58 PM
but mets no no no kershaw all the way or mad dog definantly they owned hk

LAFord
09-25-2008, 03:37 PM
Kershaw is worn out IMO. He will be a super star, but I think for the rest of this season he should be in our pen. He had trouble with some pretty poor lineups lately.
I can't wait to watch him next year in the rotation from the get-go.

dodgernation
09-25-2008, 08:10 PM
maddux?