PDA

View Full Version : Article on Kwame Brown and question for Pistons fans and anyone else

Lakerfan32
09-23-2008, 10:55 PM
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080919/SPORTS0102/809190429/-1/rss

Detroit Piston coaches are excited about what they've see so far from 6-foot-11 center Kwame Brown.

"I've been studying big men in this league since 1970 and I am going to tell you this, Kwame Brown, at his size, moves faster and with more control than any other guy that size that I can remember," assistant coach Dave Cowens said.

Head coach Michael Curry agreed. Brown's athleticism and size provide a legitimate post presence defensively. Offensively, he's still a work in progress. But overall, the Pistons are excited to see how Brown, who was signed as a free agent in the offseason, progresses in his new, more nurturing and less pressurized environment.

Advertisement
"He's been really good," Curry said. "If the kid was not the first pick in the draft, I wonder what everybody would say about him? I have a list of guys who make $6 million, $7 million a year who haven't done nearly as much as he's done in this league and we got this kid for $4 million."

I know I am in the minority on this topic, but I was a big fan of Kwame on the Lakers and would have liked to see him as a backup to Bynum. I think that he will turn out to be a very solid pickup for the Pistons and he's gonna fit that team like a glove. I see this a being a very positive move for both sides and am excited for Kwame. Is there anyone that see's Kwame as a solid pickup for the Pistons at $4 million?

Beno7500
09-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Hopefully he can redeem himself. :shrug:

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-23-2008, 11:02 PM
yeah ^

SHONIE
09-23-2008, 11:06 PM
I have some faith. Not much, but some. He's younger than I thought.

dre1990
09-23-2008, 11:09 PM
he'll be great with us without all the pressure

SAVAGE CLAW
09-23-2008, 11:09 PM
He is a very good pick for them, Will allow Dice to Rest during the season keeping healthy for Playoffs.

Will Allow Sheed to Go back to PF wich is his better position.

Is not so good news for Maxiell who will see less playing time.

They Have Billups, Rip, Gay and Sheed + Afflalo so no one is going to botter him about not getting points, if he makes 6-8 a game thats enough they dont need him for that, He can very well given enough Pt get his 10-12 Rebounds and two blocks.

Hey Dampier is earning like 15 millions a year for those kind of stats....

Lakerfan32
09-23-2008, 11:33 PM
He is a very good pick for them, Will allow Dice to Rest during the season keeping healthy for Playoffs.

Will Allow Sheed to Go back to PF wich is his better position.

Is not so good news for Maxiell who will see less playing time.

They Have Billups, Rip, Gay and Sheed + Afflalo so no one is going to botter him about not getting points, if he makes 6-8 a game thats enough they dont need him for that, He can very well given enough Pt get his 10-12 Rebounds and two blocks.

Hey Dampier is earning like 15 millions a year for those kind of stats....

Very good points. I think the first pick hurts him and the fact that it was Jordan drawing a lot of attention to him. He's had a real rough hand dealt and I'd like to see him succeed. He's a cool guy.

MassoDio
09-23-2008, 11:41 PM
I think this is a great pick up for the Pistons. I think that he will start at C for them, with Rasheed playing the PF. If not from the start of the season, then sometime in the first two months. Kwame is incredibly smooth in his movement for a guy his size. He's quicker than most people think. His movement is effortless. Kwame's only problem has been his basketball IQ and his small, brick like hands. He can learn to catch the ball better. Jermaine Oneal had bricks for hands in his first 6 years in the league, but now he has learned to make his hands softer on the catch. Basketball IQ has a lot to do with repetition. It may take Kwame a little bit to get the plays, but I think he will. Nice signing by Dumars.

zachattach
09-24-2008, 12:48 AM
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080919/SPORTS0102/809190429/-1/rss

I know I am in the minority on this topic, but I was a big fan of Kwame on the Lakers and would have liked to see him as a backup to Bynum. I think that he will turn out to be a very solid pickup for the Pistons and he's gonna fit that team like a glove. I see this a being a very positive move for both sides and am excited for Kwame. Is there anyone that see's Kwame as a solid pickup for the Pistons at $4 million?

i really wanted him back. I liked him too, he can be a very big role player, he just wont be a guy that gets you 15 and 10. I really liked is personality he brought to the team.

LakerDeftones
09-24-2008, 01:14 AM
i like how they say Kwame has done stuff in the league in comparison to those un-named players making 6, 7 million dollars. kwame hasnt done anything in the league though, what total bs. They are just saying this to not seem like dicks, of course they arent going to say he sucks, Lakers always talked about how great he was...blah blah blah

if you are convinced Kwame will make a difference then i dont know whats wrong with you

He's not a bad post presence, but after that he's good at nothing, not evern reboudning or blocking...

sorry...couldnt help it :0

SAVAGE CLAW
09-24-2008, 01:17 AM
^ Do you know something Funny? If somehow as it was rumored Memphis cut Brown and resigned for the Lakers before the playoffs the Score woudl now Be Lakers 15 Celtics 16 instead of 14-17.

AllTheWay
09-24-2008, 01:35 AM
Brown wouldn't have made the big of a difference. His post man to man D is above average, and thats about it. Horrible Help D, hw wouldve commited a shitload of turnovers, Rondo prolly woulda had 10+ steals a game off of Kwame alone.

LA_cabals
09-24-2008, 03:03 AM
Very good points. I think the first pick hurts him and the fact that it was Jordan drawing a lot of attention to him. He's had a real rough hand dealt and I'd like to see him succeed. He's a cool guy.

:laugh2: :laugh2: no pun intended i'm assuming...