PDA

View Full Version : The most/least athletic teams

DenButsu
09-23-2008, 05:26 AM
Which teams do you think have the most or least athletic active rotations in the league?

Faneik
09-23-2008, 05:33 AM
Most Athletic: Sixers

Least Athletic: Wolves

airborne_06
09-23-2008, 05:58 AM
Most athletic: Rockets

Line-up:

PG-Alston
Sg-McGrady
Sf-Artest
Pf-Landry
C-Dorsey

salsyourpal
09-23-2008, 06:35 AM
most athetic golden state..........least athletic sacramento

phillyfan5
09-23-2008, 06:50 AM
most athletic - Team USA
least athletic - Team Kazakstan

Joshtd1
09-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Atlanta has a pretty athletic lineup. The Sixers as well..

Least, I would probably say the Spurs.

Celtics17Rings
09-23-2008, 09:53 AM
Most Athletic: the Warriors
Least Athletic: Clippers.

MiamiHeat
09-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Most Athletic : Miami Heat
Least Athletic: Spurs?

rhino17
09-23-2008, 10:02 AM

Line-up:

PG-Alston
Sg-McGrady
Sf-Artest
Pf-Landry
C-Dorsey

not even close

I would argue that they are actually among the least athletic

Sixerlover
09-23-2008, 10:02 AM

Line-up:

PG-Alston
Sg-McGrady
Sf-Artest
Pf-Landry
C-Dorsey

huh?
Sixers and the Hawks both have very athletic lineups. Probably the top 2 in the league.

The least is probably the Knicks. Eddy Curry, Z-Bo, Jerome James kills any hope of an "athletic" team.

Joshtd1
09-23-2008, 10:07 AM
huh?
Sixers and the Hawks both have very athletic lineups. Probably the top 2 in the league.

The least is probably the Knicks. Eddy Curry, Z-Bo, Jerome James kills any hope of an "athletic" team.

Nah..I think we are less athletic. Atleast they have athletic people in Chandler/Crawford/Lee/Nate, etc..

Our most athletic player is probably George Hill or Ian Mahinmi..

Sixerlover
09-23-2008, 10:12 AM
Nah..I think we are less athletic. Atleast they have athletic people in Chandler/Crawford/Lee/Nate, etc..

Our most athletic player is probably George Hill or Ian Mahinmi..

Yeah the Spurs are probably less athletic.

That "big 3" on the knicks just takes the rest down when I think about them. Add Q and Malik Rose and they have a great mix of athletic and non-athletic players :p

Joshtd1
09-23-2008, 10:19 AM
I wish I could just see one of our players go up and catch an alley, or go up and throw a sick dunk down on someone(outside of Manu) :(

Beno7500
09-23-2008, 10:24 AM
Most: Spurs

Least: Warriors

MrBloop
09-23-2008, 10:33 AM
huh?

Pound for pound, Eddy Curry is one of the most athetic players in the league, and besides Jerome James, our is pretty athletic, top to bottom.

Oh ok, Malik Rose and Jerome James.

I know most of the people who know dip about basketball are gonna think I'm buggin out when I say Eddy Curry pound for pound, is one of the most athletic big men in the league, but he is if you look at it correctly...

Name a player as big as him, who is as Nimble, who can finish as athletically as him.

Granted he does'nt try on defense, but when he does the three or four times a year, he shows his true athletic ability on both ends of the floor.

He is extremely mobile for such a big dude, and is a nightmare on the low blocks b/c he moves very well facing up or with his back to the basket.

The only time he looks sluggish is when he's hit with relentless double teams, and commits offensive fouls...but what 300 plus big man is immune to offensive foul calls caused by Dble teams????

If he had the tenacity to show his athletisim on both ends the way he should, he would be a perrenial allstar.

but he doesn't.

MrBloop
09-23-2008, 10:35 AM
I wish I could just see one of our players go up and catch an alley, or go up and throw a sick dunk down on someone(outside of Manu) :(

Yeah, and I'd like a trip to the Finals...you wanna trade??????

MrBloop
09-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Most: Spurs

Least: Warriors

Mccain/Palin...throwing up.

get a clue.

Sorry but I cant resist...its the season.

too bad Cali's a blue State...wah wah wah waaaaaaaaaah.

Joshtd1
09-23-2008, 11:00 AM
Yeah, and I'd like a trip to the Finals...you wanna trade??????

Hmm..what team are you a fan of? ;)

DenButsu
09-23-2008, 11:05 AM
Mccain/Palin...throwing up.

get a clue.

Please keep political talk in the election forum. And that 2nd part is a borderline personal insult, so please refrain from doing that as well. Thanks.

Wake's Fastball
09-23-2008, 11:12 AM
How do the Wolves not run away with this one?

Calvin Booth, Brian Cardinal, Jason Collins, Mike Doleac, Ryan Gomes, Al Jefferson, Mark Madsen, Kevin Love, Mike Miller, Chris Richard, Nikola Pekovic, Craig Smith and Kirk Snyder. Rodney Carney is the only one I'd describe as having above-average athleticism out of the rest as well.

DLeeicious
09-23-2008, 11:32 AM
The Bulls have to be mentioned here. Rose is a freak of an athlete (see his youtube video, enormous vertical). We all have seen what Tyrus Thomas can do, my goodness he is ridiculous. Noah is an athletic big man. Thabo Sefalosha can get up and finish at the hoop, he just hasn't had the minutes yet for people to realize. I don't know seems like we are young and can run and jump with the best of them, but I may just be bias. Too bad we didnt pull off a deal for Iggy, then it would be a no brainer...

29$JerZ
09-23-2008, 11:34 AM
Most athletic Charlotte

Raymond Felton
Jason Richardson
Gerald Wallace
Emeka Okafor

zachattach
09-23-2008, 11:41 AM
^ thats what i was thinking that"s pretty athletic.

mikeybears
09-23-2008, 11:49 AM
most athletic chicago bulls, derrick rose pg larry hughes sg,luol deng sf,tryus thomas pf,joakim noah,c,very young athletic line up and the least is the spurs besides manu

DreamShaker
09-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Pound for pound, Eddy Curry is one of the most athetic players in the league

:laugh:

NYKnickFanatic
09-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Most athletic, I would have to say the Hawks.

Least athletic, I have to say the Spurs.

29$JerZ
09-23-2008, 11:57 AM
Least athletic - Minnesota

DreamShaker
09-23-2008, 11:57 AM
Most Athletic- Hawks

Least Athletic- Spurs

Now by athletic we are talking about just explosiveness of course...the Spurs team are all outstanding athletes....they just don't do spectacular dunks or jump out of the building....

Jwizel_hitshrs
09-23-2008, 11:58 AM
Where are the Raptors? They are tied with Philly, or a close second.

MylesKong
09-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Sixers were last season. We're a little less athletic now.
So I'd have to go with Portland. They have great athletes at every position. Aldridge, Outlaw, Webster, Bayless, Roy, other dudes.

Least is either SA or Utah

DreamShaker
09-23-2008, 12:33 PM
Sixers were last season. We're a little less athletic now.
So I'd have to go with Portland. They have great athletes at every position. Aldridge, Outlaw, Webster, Bayless, Roy, other dudes.

Least is either SA or Utah

Oden is also a great athlete....

Hawkeye15
09-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Most-Atlanta
Least- Cleveland (outside Lebron, yikes)

SeoulBeatz
09-23-2008, 12:47 PM
Most Athletic:

Sixers with Andre Iguodala (nuff said), Lou Williams (got hops out the roof), Samuel Dalembert (most athletic C in the leauge not named Dwight), Thad Young, Willie Green, Jason Smith, Marreese Speights

Least:

id say T Wolves

SeoulBeatz
09-23-2008, 12:49 PM
i honestly dont think the hawks are that athletic anymore,

i KNOW they have J Smoove and Marvin Williams has hops, but who else? Joe Johnson is athletic i guess so that makes three, but Josh Childress is gone, Horford cant get 1 foot off the ground.

how bout Zaza?

still1ballin
09-23-2008, 12:51 PM
most athletic: portland
lease athletic: wolves

cali72888
09-23-2008, 01:12 PM
warriors are most athletic.....ellis, maggette, jackson, biedris,, harrington, randolph, azabuke, wright......most athletic team in the league

salsyourpal
09-23-2008, 01:15 PM
i cant believe someone said golden state is the least athletic...monta ellis, azuibike, maggette, wright, randolph, biedrins, turiaf, harrington, etc.

stephen jackson is probably their least athletic player and even he can be argued for.

brandonwarne52
09-23-2008, 01:17 PM
How do the Wolves not run away with this one?

Calvin Booth, Brian Cardinal, Jason Collins, Mike Doleac, Ryan Gomes, Al Jefferson, Mark Madsen, Kevin Love, Mike Miller, Chris Richard, Nikola Pekovic, Craig Smith and Kirk Snyder. Rodney Carney is the only one I'd describe as having above-average athleticism out of the rest as well.

Because you leave out Corey Brewer, Randy Foye, and Rashad McCants?

DaNtHeMaN628
09-23-2008, 01:40 PM
most: Heat
least: Spurs

MrBloop
09-23-2008, 01:42 PM
:laugh:This is exactly what I'm talking about.

People don't understand what "POUND FOR POUND" MEANS

LIKE...Mr. dream Shaker over here.

ok hotshot, NAME ME A PLAYER COMPERABLE TO EDDY CURRYS SIZE WHO'S MORE ATHLETIC?????

AND DON'T SAY DWIGHT HOWARD B/C EDDY'S MUCH BIGGER THAN HIM.

BET YOU CAN'T

brandonwarne52
09-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Doesn't 'pound for pound' typically describe someone smaller, when compared to someone bigger?

Pretty sure, yes.

MrBloop
09-23-2008, 01:45 PM
Please keep political talk in the election forum. And that 2nd part is a borderline personal insult, so please refrain from doing that as well. Thanks.

1st DO ME A FAVOR, MIND YOUR BUSINESS, 2ND HOW WAS THE SECOND PART A PERSONAL INSULT????

I'm guilty of talking politics, thats obvious, but thats about it.

brandonwarne52
09-23-2008, 01:46 PM
It is his business as a mod, pal.

MrBloop
09-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Doesn't 'pound for pound' typically describe someone smaller, when compared to someone bigger?

Pretty sure, yes.

Ummm no...

pound for pound is used when specifically describing someone in their weight class and or size class, you can then compare them to people smaller and bigger as well, and it helps distinguish them correctly for the sake of argument.

but nice try slick.

My point is and was that; out of all of the people in the NBA his size, he's the most athletic.

MrBloop
09-23-2008, 01:52 PM
It is his business as a mod, pal.

I know sport, and its one thing to flash your badge like most of these Mods do, but their not always right.

Like now.

Wake's Fastball
09-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Because you leave out Corey Brewer, Randy Foye, and Rashad McCants?

Brewer I forgot about. McCants and Foye don't really buoy the rest of the group.

GCOOKIE7
09-23-2008, 02:43 PM

Line-up:

PG-Alston
Sg-McGrady
Sf-Artest
Pf-Landry
C-Dorsey

Tmac doesn't jump anymore cuz his back and knees are broken
Artest can't jump for ****.
Yao hahhahahah
alston cant dunk
corsey and landry are athletic but Scola starts and he isn't

LAKERS 24/7
09-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Lakers might not be the most athletic team in the league (that I believe goes to Portland), but this lineup isn't bad.

Farmar
Kobe
Trevor
Lamar
Bynum

Every one of these guys can run and throw it down pretty hard. That would be a quick lineup and very difficult to guard.

Ph1lly Diehard
09-23-2008, 03:10 PM
Lakers might not be the most athletic team in the league (that I believe goes to Portland), but this lineup isn't bad.

Farmar
Kobe
Trevor
Lamar
Bynum

Every one of these guys can run and throw it down pretty hard. That would be a quick lineup and very difficult to guard.

Why do people need to bring there teams into the discussion, unless they are atleast the most atheletic team? We know the Lakers are athletic, but there not the most atheletic team. No need to mention them..

Most Athletic:
76ers or Hawks, only 2 that should be in the talks right now

Least: Spurs

23LBJCleBrowns
09-23-2008, 03:20 PM
cavs r pretty athletic

$ NyC $
09-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Sixers are crazy athletes. Hawks are 2 if only Josh stayed.

$ NyC $
09-23-2008, 03:49 PM
and the Blazers are pretty good sorry i 4got them.

$ NyC $
09-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Brewer I forgot about. McCants and Foye don't really buoy the rest of the group.

Brewer had a missed dunk and layup this past year...right after each other

nbafan244
09-23-2008, 04:11 PM
blazers

outlaw
fernandez ( the man who posterized D. Howard in the olympics )
webster
bayless
oden( yes u will be surprised )
aldridge
rumor is now livingston

_Sn1P3r_
09-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Brewer had a missed dunk and layup this past year...right after each other

Yeah I saw that.. That was pretty sad..

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-23-2008, 04:33 PM
hawks

spurs

bogdanrom
09-23-2008, 04:36 PM
Most Athletic: Atlanta Hawks

Least Athletic: Milwaukee Bucks

THE NATION
09-23-2008, 04:47 PM
This is exactly what I'm talking about.

People don't understand what "POUND FOR POUND" MEANS

LIKE...Mr. dream Shaker over here.

ok hotshot, NAME ME A PLAYER COMPERABLE TO EDDY CURRYS SIZE WHO'S MORE ATHLETIC?????

AND DON'T SAY DWIGHT HOWARD B/C EDDY'S MUCH BIGGER THAN HIM.

BET YOU CAN'T
Bynum and Shaq..

brandonwarne52
09-23-2008, 06:57 PM

Leaving out who I would consider 3 of the 5 or 6 most athletic players on any team would make them look bad.

cmellofan15
09-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Nuggets maybe?

Ai
JR Smith
Mello
K-Mart
Nene

I don't think thats going to be ther starters though...

Kings Faithful
09-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Yeah Nuggs look the most athletic on paper definitly. The Kings are so unathletic thoe..they have been for the last 10 years. Now that we have Thompson and Greene it looks a little better but Miller/Thomas/Hawes have to be some of the least athletic big men in the NBA...haha. At least Hawes is young and he shows potential, the other 2 are basically doomed.

dre1990
09-23-2008, 07:49 PM
MOST- DENVER
Least- Dallas

MrBloop
09-23-2008, 09:58 PM
Bynum and Shaq..

Bynum isn't as big, he's more Dwights size, and Shaq isn't athletic anymore.

brandonwarne52
09-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Ummm no...

pound for pound is used when specifically describing someone in their weight class and or size class, you can then compare them to people smaller and bigger as well, and it helps distinguish them correctly for the sake of argument.

but nice try slick.

My point is and was that; out of all of the people in the NBA his size, he's the most athletic.

If a larger athlete is an inferior player to a smaller athlete, 'pound for pound' becomes pretty stupid.

Bosh=nextKG
09-23-2008, 11:40 PM
the Warriors are the most athletic with their run n gun style.

blackjack_119
09-24-2008, 03:30 AM
Ummm no...

but nice try slick.

http://www.yeah-oops.com/wp-content/uploads/fail.jpg

Using the "pound for pound" expression is reserved for people who are small in stature but their production is impressive in proportion to their weight. As an example: A 150 lb. RB rushes for 1000 yards. A 250 lb. Running back rushes for 1500 yards. The heavy back rushes for more yards, but his proportion of yards to weight is less. Thus you could say, "pound for pound" the 150 lb back is better than the 250 lb back.

Let's take the reverse situation (which you seem to advocate is also valid): 300 lb running back rushes for 2500 yards. 150 pound running back runs for 1000 yards. Technically in that situation, it would be accurate to argue that, "Pound for Pound" the 300 lb running back is better.

The real question is, Why on earth would you ever qualify that statement with "Pound for Pound" because no one in their right mind would argue that a smaller player who puts up significantly worse numbers is the better player? You wouldn't... which is why your definition is a horrible (though confidently stated) definition on the term "pound for pound."

So when it comes to the usage of the phrase, "Pound for pound" I am reminded of some sagely advice I heard from someone on this forum... Get a Clue.

fredv
09-24-2008, 03:32 AM
What about the Cavs? They do have Lebron and Ben.

Leftcoast_yg
09-24-2008, 03:46 AM
Why do people need to bring there teams into the discussion, unless they are atleast the most atheletic team? We know the Lakers are athletic, but there not the most atheletic team. No need to mention them..

Most Athletic:
76ers or Hawks, only 2 that should be in the talks right now

Least: Spurs

wow someone got all offensive bout someone mentioning the Lakers, must be a laker hater seriously he didnt even say anything about the guy who mention the rocketsed

DQL
09-24-2008, 03:49 AM
Heat's big 3 (Wade, Marion, Beasley) are super athletic

Leftcoast_yg
09-24-2008, 03:52 AM
most: nets
least: spurs

LAKERS 24/7
09-25-2008, 02:01 AM
wow someone got all offensive bout someone mentioning the Lakers, must be a laker hater seriously he didnt even say anything about the guy who mention the rocketsed

He forgot to mention at least 5 other posts also which mentioned their own teams, so i decided to ignore the hate. Man, haterz everywhere we go for real. But even on a sports forum? Damn