PDA

View Full Version : Ben Wallace: Cavs Have Chance To Win Title

JordansBulls
09-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Source: NBA.com (http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/features/one_wallace_080921.html)

"I like our roster right now. I like the pieces that we’ve added. Along with the veterans that are coming back, I think we have the opportunity to win a Championship," Wallace said. "But as far as that X-factor, you really don’t know that until you get in the flow of the season and see how things turn out."

JMan17
09-22-2008, 04:30 PM
Source: NBA.com (http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/features/one_wallace_080921.html)

lol i just saw that on ******. and he's high on crack. it's coming from a guy who can't even make a 1 footer unless he dunks it :pity:

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
09-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Cavaliers definitely improved, so this isn't a absurd comment.

JMan17
09-22-2008, 04:34 PM

yes Mo really makes the cavs a championship contender :pity:

Lakersfan2483
09-22-2008, 04:38 PM
I think the Cavs have improved, they may pull an upset out East. However, I don't think they have enough to win a title. They definitely will be in the hunt next season.

cubulls
09-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Let's take a gander at the moves the Cavs have made...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/transactions?team=cle

Yea, they have a shot... :laugh2:

23LBJCleBrowns
09-22-2008, 04:43 PM
the cavs a better shot than ur team does i am just saying. when u have lebron and mo williams on ur team u have a good shot at it

KH12
09-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Bum Wallace sucks.

sox04rR
09-22-2008, 04:50 PM
cavs blow im soooooooo sick of hearing about them. mo williams is not the peice to get them into a championship team niether is wallase. They are in the wrong direction they need somone that wants to support lj. somone like a tg ford or a deron williams or even a rondo. The pg position is lacking there and they need to fix that. lj is sooooooo full of drama its pathetic. the cavs will barly make it as a 7 seed.

Hawthorne
09-22-2008, 04:57 PM
Wallace is better than ur bum ***

knicks1214
09-22-2008, 04:59 PM
The Cavs are good but I don't think they will be able to beat the Celtics this year...and that's coming from a Knicks fan. Yea, I would love to see a Kobe Lebron finals matchup but I still think the Celtics are the best team in the East. The Lakers are still the favorites to win in my eyes though.

Big Quett
09-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Let's take a gander at the moves the Cavs have made...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/transactions?team=cle

Yea, they have a shot... :laugh2:

Signed running back Darnell Jackson. thats funny:)

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-22-2008, 05:22 PM
its one thing saying it and winning it.

still1ballin
09-22-2008, 05:22 PM
WOW coming from a guy who gets paid alot to do nothing!...please big ben your're passed your prime and keep ur mouth shut.

damkrayzie
09-22-2008, 05:28 PM
The cavs are a good team if i remember right they almost beat the Celtics, but the are still one player away from a title.

madiaz3
09-22-2008, 05:31 PM
ROFL @ running back

DreamShaker
09-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Ben Wallace and Bibby talking big on the same day?? :pity:

Beno7500
09-22-2008, 05:36 PM
they might be able to

Faneik
09-22-2008, 05:39 PM
I think they have too, about 25 to 1.

DreamShaker
09-22-2008, 05:50 PM
they might be able to

Chemistry is the key....Lebron can take over any game at any time but he needs guys who compliment him....meaning...Big Ben has to actually show a pulse, Mo Williams needs to click with Lebron, shooters need to hit shots, and Lebron needs to set the pace defensively....

mrblisterdundee
09-22-2008, 05:58 PM

It's an absurd comment because Cleveland will never win a championship. They're management is inept, and even Mo Williams isn't enough to take the heat off of LeBron.

Tblaze
09-22-2008, 06:11 PM
well you can say management of cleveland did a bad job on getting talent around Lebron, but fact remains that there weren't many chips out there in the first place to work with... I think they got Mo Williams for a very good price so you can't take them down on that. The point is that it's hard to get a star added to your team if most of the players your willing to part with are without any real value. But no I don't think they're ready for a championship. But Lebron and Mo are both still quite young so cleveland can build their team further on those 2.

cubulls
09-22-2008, 06:13 PM
The cavs are a good team if i remember right they almost beat the Celtics, but the are still one player away from a title.

By the time management jumps off his nutsack and realizes he needs some real help, he will be gone. No way he sticks around for the same BS year after year.

Kiss Ma Grits
09-22-2008, 06:33 PM

good to see some reality on this forum. It comes far and in between.

Kiss Ma Grits
09-22-2008, 06:36 PM
I think we match up better against the Celtics this year then we did last year.

On a side note, we have a better chance at beating the Celtics then anyone else does.....

Lebron23
09-22-2008, 06:48 PM
We still need a decent 2nd scoring option ala Michael Redd & Vince Carter, and this year i like our chances of beating the Celtics and Detroit in the playoffs because those guys are 2 of the oldest teams in the Eastern Conference.

Lebron23
09-22-2008, 07:00 PM
I am happy that Ben Wallace's confidence is back, and people forget that he was the Pistons Best player in their championship run in 2004. Chauncey won the Finals MVP, but Wallace was the difference maker for the Pistons because he led the NBA in rebounding and steals in 2004.

"Offense wins regular season games, but defense wins championships, and that's the bottom line because Ben Wallace said so".

Tied with Dikembe Mutombo, as the only 2 NBA Players for most numbers of NBA Defensive Player of the Year Honors (4).

Lebron23
09-22-2008, 07:03 PM
cavs blow im soooooooo sick of hearing about them. mo williams is not the peice to get them into a championship team niether is wallase. They are in the wrong direction they need somone that wants to support lj. somone like a tg ford or a deron williams or even a rondo. The pg position is lacking there and they need to fix that. lj is sooooooo full of drama its pathetic. the cavs will barly make it as a 7 seed.

I think you're a ******, and the Cavaliers are a top 3 teams in the Eastern Conference.

JMan17
09-22-2008, 07:07 PM
I am happy that Ben Wallace's confidence is back, and people forget that he was the Pistons Best player in their championship run in 2004.

lol 4 years ago? are you kidding me? you're comparing the 2004 ben to the now ben? ben is washed up now, he has very little to offer, he is over paid with absolutely no offensive game, and no Billups was the best player on the pistons. Ben used to be a great defender, now he is just good, but that's it. he's a 33 or 34 year old veteran who is declining year after year after year.

Ben might be feeling this way but where's lebron in the conversation? oh yea that's right he's not gonna say anything, you know why? Cause he even knows that the roster is a bunch of crap.

JMan17
09-22-2008, 07:12 PM
the Cavaliers are a top 3 teams in the Eastern Conference.

hahaha really? let's see. Pistons and Celtics are 1 and 2. Magic is 3. The Hawks are the most underrated team in the league, even the Raptors will beat them in the regular season with the accusation of J Oneal (as long as he does not get injured)

Lebron23
09-22-2008, 07:13 PM
lol 4 years ago? are you kidding me? you're comparing the 2004 ben to the now ben? ben is washed up now, he has very little to offer, he is over paid with absolutely no offensive game, and no Billups was the best player on the pistons. Ben used to be a great defender, now he is just good, but that's it. he's a 33 or 34 year old veteran who is declining year after year after year.

Ben might be feeling this way but where's lebron in the conversation? oh yea that's right he's not gonna say anything, you know why? Cause he even knows that the roster is a bunch of crap.

I remember that year, when many people predicted that the Lakers are going to win the 2004 NBA Championship, but the Pistons whoop their @$$ in the NBA Finals, and that was the first time a defensive team destroyed Phil Jackson's Triangle Offense.

Cavs are actually a good team this year, and we got rid of Damon Jones, Joe Smith, and Snow will retire before the regular season starts to become the assistant coach of Mike Brown.

I predict that Wally and Varejao will be traded to another team before the NBA Trading deadline, and the management will still make another move to satisfy LeBron & the Cleveland Community.

Hawkeye15
09-22-2008, 07:26 PM
They will need to move their expiring deals for another player, and LeBron will have to emerge as the clear cut best player in the NBA for them to have a chance. But I can't count out any team with LJ

JMan17
09-22-2008, 07:29 PM
I remember that year, when many people predicted that the Lakers are going to win the 2004 NBA Championship, but the Pistons whoop their @$$ in the NBA Finals, and that was the first time a defensive team destroyed Phil Jackson's Triangle Offense.

Cavs are actually a good team this year, and we got rid of Damon Jones, Joe Smith, and Snow will retire before the regular season starts to become the assistant coach of Mike Brown.

I predict that Wally and Varejao will be traded to another team before the NBA Trading deadline, and the management will still make another move to satisfy LeBron & the Cleveland Community.

you're point? and where were you're cavs in 04? oh yea not even in the playoffs that's right.

there good i agree, but a championship contender is pretty laughable IMO. If they can get an ACTUAL 2nd guy, then they have a shot, i mean look at how well the lakers did when they actually got somebody? (Pau Gasol)

Eric Snow as the assistant coach? haha. is that the best they can get? i wonder what he will teach? hmmmmm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmHkkxI8YAs&NR=1
and maybe a couple of these
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsO9Zzf5bDY

and please oh great explain what they could possibly get with wally and Varajo? oh wait i know! another Guard! In fact, getting another PG! Jamal Tinsley! that would make them a championship team right?

Hawkeye15
09-22-2008, 07:29 PM
We still need a decent 2nd scoring option ala Michael Redd & Vince Carter, and this year i like our chances of beating the Celtics and Detroit in the playoffs because those guys are 2 of the oldest teams in the Eastern Conference.

I wouldn't bring Vince Carter into a team setting where defense is vital to winning. At all. They need a Raja Bell, Bruce Bowen type, as well as someone who can score on single coverage in the post, not an all star per say, but at least a somewhat capable scoring big man. Big Z does his damage from 17 feet.

JMan17
09-22-2008, 07:32 PM
I wouldn't bring Vince Carter into a team setting where defense is vital to winning. At all. They need a Raja Bell, Bruce Bowen type, as well as someone who can score on single coverage in the post, not an all star per say, but at least a somewhat capable scoring big man. Big Z does his damage from 17 feet.

a raja bell or bruce bowen type? Cavs were trying to do that (Ben Wallace) where did that go?

They need a another star, all star or superstar, if they can get players like Iverson, Al jefferson, Dirk, something like that.

Hawkeye15
09-22-2008, 07:32 PM
you're point? and where were you're cavs in 04? oh yea not even in the playoffs that's right.

there good i agree, but a championship contender is pretty laughable IMO. If they can get an ACTUAL 2nd guy, then they have a shot, i mean look at how well the lakers did when they actually got somebody? (Pau Gasol)

Eric Snow as the assistant coach? haha. is that the best they can get? i wonder what he will teach? hmmmmm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmHkkxI8YAs&NR=1
and maybe a couple of these
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsO9Zzf5bDY

and please oh great explain what they could possibly get with wally and Varajo? oh wait i know! another Guard! In fact, getting another PG! Jamal Tinsley! that would make them a championship team right?

Snow was a very smart basketball player, just not an athlete or shooter. And Wally makes big money. A team that is out of the playoff picture would be willing to give something up for $13 million in expiring contracts for sure. They just need to wait and find the right player. They don't need another guard, that is for sure. They remind me of the Wolves a couple years ago. One great player, with like 4 point guards that all stink. Mo is good, but remember, Mike James came off a 20 ppg season when the Wolves signed him. Beware of point guards who don't do a great job of running the offense, and got their numbers on a bad team. He is not the answer at point for a great team.

Lebron23
09-22-2008, 07:33 PM

Mike Brown said that they are developing Terance Kinsey into a Bruce Bowen type of player, and I hope this year Sasha will finally play consistently in the regular season because last year he suddenly disappeared in the Cavaliers rotation.

Hawkeye15
09-22-2008, 07:34 PM
a raja bell or bruce bowen type? Cavs were trying to do that (Ben Wallace) where did that go?

They need a another star, all star or superstar, if they can get players like Iverson, Al jefferson, Dirk, something like that.

Wallace has ALWAYS been overrated in my opinion. You have to surround him with all offensive players. Yes, they could use a great on the ball defender capable of knocking down open 3's. Those players you mentioned are off the market, maybe AI next summer. If he take a monster paycut

Hawkeye15
09-22-2008, 07:35 PM
Mike Brown said that they are developing Terance Kinsey into a Bruce Bowen type of player, and I hope this year Sasha will finally play consistently in the regular season because last year he suddenly disappeared in the Cavaliers rotation.

Sasha did disappear. I liked his game. DId he start the year hurt or something?

Lebron23
09-22-2008, 07:35 PM
And don't underestimate Eric Snow the reason he survived playing in the NBA is because of his great basketball IQ, and I think he learned from Larry Brown because he was his coach, when the Sixers made it in the NBA Finals in 2001.

Lebron23
09-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Sasha did disappear. I liked his game. DId he start the year hurt or something?

He was not present in the Cavaliers training Camp last year because his manager wanted more Money from Danny Ferry, and he was terribly out of shape, when he first played his first game with the Cavs last season. :(

JMan17
09-22-2008, 07:41 PM
Wallace has ALWAYS been overrated in my opinion. You have to surround him with all offensive players. Yes, they could use a great on the ball defender capable of knocking down open 3's. Those players you mentioned are off the market, maybe AI next summer. If he take a monster paycut

All offencive players are not enough, when you have a team with kobe, lebron, Tmac, Wade, etc. You need a 2nd guy to be considered a championship contender.

Kobe and Gasol (well and Bynum :D)
Tmac and Yao
Wade and Shaq (in 06)

unless you have a pistons type of team (with 5 plyers that are good) you have to have a 2nd guy with a star player. can't have 1 star and mediocre players to win a championship. Never worked. well maybe it did but not for a long time.

JMan17
09-22-2008, 07:43 PM
And don't underestimate Eric Snow the reason he survived playing in the NBA is because of his great basketball IQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmHkkxI8YAs&feature=related

^^yep, great IQ. :pity:

Hawkeye15
09-22-2008, 07:44 PM
All offencive players are not enough, when you have a team with kobe, lebron, Tmac, Wade, etc. You need a 2nd guy to be considered a championship contender.

Kobe and Gasol (well and Bynum :D)
Tmac and Yao
Wade and Shaq (in 06)

unless you have a pistons type of team (with 5 plyers that are good) you have to have a 2nd guy with a star player. can't have 1 star and mediocre players to win a championship. Never worked. well maybe it did but not for a long time.

The Pistons won it with no stars. Tracy and Yao?? Dude. I get your point, there is a trend. But LeBron is unreal. I wouldn't call Gasol or anyone else on that roster an all star, even if they may have been to a game before. If they can get the right pieces to surround his game, like a top level perimeter defender who can hit open jumpers, and even a capable one on one scorer in the post, their defense is such, they are contenders.

MiamiHeat
09-22-2008, 07:47 PM

:laugh2:
i love that
:ouch: to Eric Snow

Hawkeye15
09-22-2008, 07:47 PM

happens to everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwXif1nd6A0

JMan17
09-22-2008, 07:51 PM
happens to everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwXif1nd6A0

you're right it does happen to everybody

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NeQAngGLjo

Yogi
09-22-2008, 08:28 PM
The Cavs got worse this offseason, epic fail.

23LBJCleBrowns
09-22-2008, 08:40 PM

and whose ur team? Mo williams is better than rajon Rondo. and how would we get deron williams. if lebron could take on the entire pistons by himself i am pretty sure that him, Mo, Wallace, and Z can take on the celtics. I am qouting you on this so during June when we are in the finals i hope u feel ********

JMan17
09-22-2008, 08:43 PM
and whose ur team? Mo williams is better than rajon Rondo. and how would we get deron williams. if lebron could take on the entire pistons by himself i am pretty sure that him, Mo, Wallace, and Z can take on the celtics. I am qouting you on this so during June when we are in the finals i hope u feel ********

mo better then rondo? yea barley. But rondo is playing with 3 HOFamers so it's very unlikely for him to get the ball and shot alot.

lol dude you are the dumbest cavs fan ever. I have seen dumb cavs fans but you...you are special

23LBJCleBrowns
09-22-2008, 08:49 PM
^Tell me how am I dumb?

SHONIE
09-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Every team has a chance...

23LBJCleBrowns
09-22-2008, 08:58 PM
thank you. except the knicks they dont really have a chance. jkjkjkjk

breedlove2drug
09-22-2008, 08:58 PM
he was on crack when he said this statement

23LBJCleBrowns
09-22-2008, 09:03 PM
he was on crack when he said this statement

ok but we still do have a chance

Kiss Ma Grits
09-22-2008, 09:50 PM
hahaha really? let's see. Pistons and Celtics are 1 and 2. Magic is 3. The Hawks are the most underrated team in the league, even the Raptors will beat them in the regular season with the accusation of J Oneal (as long as he does not get injured)

The Magic???? man o man lmao hahahahahaha. Do you mean the same Magic that lost to the Pistons 4 games to 1?:speechless:

Kiss Ma Grits
09-22-2008, 09:53 PM
mo better then rondo? yea barley. But rondo is playing with 3 HOFamers so it's very unlikely for him to get the ball and shot alot.

lol dude you are the dumbest cavs fan ever. I have seen dumb cavs fans but you...you are special

You said Mo is barely better then Rondo? I told yall Isiah's intelligence rubbed off on some of you knick fans.

First you said the MAGIC was the third best team in the east (The SAME Magic that almost got swepted by the Pistons) and THEN you said Mo Williams is barely better then Rondo, the same Rondo that got benched for Sam Cassell because he was f'ing up in the Cleveland series.

cmstophe
09-22-2008, 11:27 PM
Wow, somebody tell me why these forums hate the Cavs?

Once again the Cavs prove they sleepwalk the reg. season and turn it on in the playoffs, they did it last year and almost beat the Celtics, and proved they were easily the second best team in the East last year. They improved in the offseason. How are they not a contender?

JMan17
09-22-2008, 11:51 PM
The Magic???? man o man lmao hahahahahaha. Do you mean the same Magic that lost to the Pistons 4 games to 1?:speechless:

yep the one who got a better seed then the cavs. you said cavs are a 3 seed team, but there not, so there :D

JMan17
09-22-2008, 11:56 PM
You said Mo is barely better then Rondo? I told yall Isiah's intelligence rubbed off on some of you knick fans.

First you said the MAGIC was the third best team in the east (The SAME Magic that almost got swepted by the Pistons) and THEN you said Mo Williams is barely better then Rondo, the same Rondo that got benched for Sam Cassell because he was f'ing up in the Cleveland series.

wtf? i'm a lakers fan you ******

yep they are? but whats you're point? they are a top 3 team and just because they almost got swept does not mean they suck? Cavs went 6 games in Washington but does that mean the cavs suck? no?

yea and the same rondo who was doing extremely well in the other series. Mo is barely better because he is putting up nice numbers on an less then average team. He's like Z-Bo. Puts up good numbers but has no heart and has zero D.

JMan17
09-23-2008, 12:02 AM
Wow, somebody tell me why these forums hate the Cavs?

Once again the Cavs prove they sleepwalk the reg. season and turn it on in the playoffs, they did it last year and almost beat the Celtics, and proved they were easily the second best team in the East last year. They improved in the offseason. How are they not a contender?

why? because most cavs fans are like John Cena fans. Little kids always like the new and young talent right? So right now Cavs fans will always think they can do anything because they get leeeeebrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooon right? One player CAN do it all right?

almost but no.

you know what's dumb. either cavs fans or lebron lovers always give credit to the cavs cause they ALMOST won, what about the hawks? they went game 7 with them? what's different about that?

Kiss Ma Grits
09-23-2008, 12:24 AM
why? because most cavs fans are like John Cena fans. Little kids always like the new and young talent right? So right now Cavs fans will always think they can do anything because they get leeeeebrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooon right? One player CAN do it all right?

almost but no.

you know what's dumb. either cavs fans or lebron lovers always give credit to the cavs cause they ALMOST won, what about the hawks? they went game 7 with them? what's different about that?

Here's the difference
Game 7
Boston 99
Hawks 65

Game 7
Boston 97
Cavaliers 92

A lost is a lost, but a blowout is a blowout. YOU DON'T GET BLOWN OUT IN A GAME 7!!!! That alone gets you NO Respect but you have to give the Hawks due credit because they are the Hawks and these are the Celtics that we're talking about. Nobody gave the Hawks a shot so I give them credit for heart but that Game 7 proved just how far apart the two teams where in terms of talent.

downsos
09-23-2008, 01:15 AM
As long as they have Lebron they will allways have a chance

BoltLakerPadre
09-23-2008, 01:39 AM
They have a chance. But the key word is chance, and that's about all they have. But any team with LeBron is going to have a chance.

Kiss Ma Grits
09-23-2008, 07:00 AM
They have a chance. But the key word is chance, and that's about all they have. But any team with LeBron is going to have a chance.

Not true, if that were the case we would have made it to the playoffs in his first two years. Lebron can't play TEAM DEFENSE by himself. Lebron like everyone else needs help. We probly don't go to the finals without "Daniel Gibson" even with Lebron having a memorable game 5 against Detriot.

Also that's all one can ask for is CHANCE. You expect your star to be the leader of your team. Lebron is EXPECTED to carry this team. Maybe if teams like the Knicks, Nets, Bucks, Grizzlies, and others had players like Wade, Kobe, and Lebron they would have a CHANCE also.

Lebron has the help to get him there which was already proven, we just needed someone else who was able to carry the load and we can all agree that Mo is capable for carrying the load long enough for Lebron to get a breather. Also Mo gives us an option to do something that we haven't done at all with Lebron and that's running a pick and roll with him or feeding him in the post.

Tblaze
09-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Let's just put it this way, the cavs will always have a shot at the title when lebron will be around. And with the addition of Mo they will have a better chance. But still it doesn't put them over the top. It will still be a long shot. And it's just unclear how atlanta, washington, toronto, miami, philadelphia and orlando are going to do. Hence even Boston and Detroit might surprise (in a good or a bad way) therefor I think the eastern conference is the most uncertain one this year. How are Mo, Brand, O'neal fitting in to their new teams? How is Boston going to do now they have their title and lost a big contributor in the name of Posey. How is Detroit going to do after deciding to restructure the team but in the end not doing that at all?

It's gonna be a fun year to watch that's for sure..

Seventh King
09-23-2008, 11:45 AM
All Wallace has left is his mouth . . .

29$JerZ
09-23-2008, 11:51 AM
So according to Ben the new additions of Mo Williams and J.J Hickson and Tarence Kinsey will finally give them the championship roster they need :laugh:

it will help them out but it's not a championship team until they get a Good Pf

futureman
09-23-2008, 12:03 PM
I think Mo williams would have been better off with the buck than the cavs. Cavs will fall apart in 2010.

J-Relo
09-23-2008, 12:28 PM
every team has it...

ramansingh3
09-23-2008, 12:38 PM
When you have LeBron James anything is possible. Especially now he has some scoring help with Mo Williams. The only thing they need besides a inside scoring threat is someone else beside LeBron to guard the 2-spot, in a situation if they played the lakers it would be perfect if LeBron guarded Lamar Odom, but sorry Wally can't and shouldn't be a starting to he would be a better 6th man and don't even consider pavlovic as a legit starting 2-guard.

Hermie13
09-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Wow, can't believe all the negativity towards the Cavs on here. Do they have a chance at the title this year? Absolutely. They were in the title game just 2 years ago and took the eventual champs to 7 games this year. Adding Mo helps as does a full season with additons of Wally, Ben, and West.

Are the Cavs going to be the favorites? Heck no. But coming out and saying their a 7th seed team is bogus. They'll be right up there in the East giving the Celtics and Pistons all they can handle this year. It'll be extremely tough to beat the West champ....but it's doable.

skyhibballpj87
09-23-2008, 01:08 PM
this isnt a totally outrageous statement i mean dont act like this couldnt happen, lets face it though its not likely yes back when they beat the pistons to go to finals they were good and now there better. but that still doesnt mean there going to make the finals again many east teams have improved and the competiton will be rough. philly, atlanta,orlando, and miami are improved teams and you still have the pistons and the celtics to wry about. so i dont think they will come out of the east. and even if by some chance they do theres no way there beating any really good team in the west there not there yet. yes mo willams puts them on the right track no doubt but they still need a good pf and there bench is kinda thin. they have no inside presence besides big z and hes not exactly kg or td ok. Cavs are ont the right track but they still have a long way to go remember even though they got mo williams and delonte and whomever they still got swept pretty bad in the year they made it to the finals so they still have a long ways to go. i dont think they will win the title this year but in a couple years if they keep improving who knows. but i saw them ranked as high as 2nd in the east and i think thats completley wrong but w.e

JMan17
09-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Here's the difference
Game 7
Boston 99
Hawks 65

Game 7
Boston 97
Cavaliers 92

A lost is a lost, but a blowout is a blowout. YOU DON'T GET BLOWN OUT IN A GAME 7!!!! That alone gets you NO Respect but you have to give the Hawks due credit because they are the Hawks and these are the Celtics that we're talking about. Nobody gave the Hawks a shot so I give them credit for heart but that Game 7 proved just how far apart the two teams where in terms of talent.

lol you gonna compare a killer or not? wooo hawks got blown out and cavs did not. WTF does that prove!? they both still lost! weather it was close or not. the score does not mean **** that's like saying for example the cavs were losing by 4 with something secs left and they ended up losing by 9 while the other team lets say the raptors lost by only 2.

THEY STILL LOST! It does not matter wtf the score was.

AFlagRules
09-23-2008, 03:00 PM
Can you actually take something a player like Ben Wallace says, seriously?

Sure, the Cavs have a chance to win, but until they bring in a real #2 option to play along side LBJ, they aren't going to win anything most likely.

MJ needed Pippen, Shaq needed Kobe and Jabbar needed Magic.

JMan17
09-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Can you actually take something a player like Ben Wallace says, seriously?

Sure, the Cavs have a chance to win, but until they bring in a real #2 option to play along side LBJ, they aren't going to win anything most likely.

MJ needed Pippen, Shaq needed Kobe and Jabbar needed Magic.

HOLY **** THANK YOU! that's what I've been saying all along. someone has a brain! Thank god!

Cavs_Fan24
09-23-2008, 03:15 PM
The Cavaliers do have a shot, but i dont think that we can make a serious run unless we get another player first.

futureman
09-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Mo williams was replaced with deron williams so what does that tell ya?

$ NyC $
09-23-2008, 04:31 PM
If Wallace plays at his old Defensive player of the Year level and Big Z stays healthy and consistent they can do it.

Kiss Ma Grits
09-23-2008, 05:27 PM
lol you gonna compare a killer or not? wooo hawks got blown out and cavs did not. WTF does that prove!? they both still lost! weather it was close or not. the score does not mean **** that's like saying for example the cavs were losing by 4 with something secs left and they ended up losing by 9 while the other team lets say the raptors lost by only 2.

THEY STILL LOST! It does not matter wtf the score was.

You're question was what is the difference between the Hawks and the Cavs taking the Celtics to seven games and I pointed that out to you. OF COURSE a lost is a lost you don't need a brainiac to point that out BUT YOU DON'T GET BLOWN OUT IN A DECIDING GAME LIKE THAT!!! That sir is a BIG difference. You're comparing a 7 point differential with the 9 or 2 points. I'm comparing a 29 point differential (Atlanta-34 point loss and Cleveland 5 point loss).

Again sir, a lost is a lost but a blowout is a blowout

Kiss Ma Grits
09-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Mo williams was replaced with deron williams so what does that tell ya?

That he was replaced by Daron Williams............what's your point?

Fireworld
09-23-2008, 05:33 PM
maybe make it to the ECF but no way they beat boston and if they do, still wont beat who ever comes out the west.

Kiss Ma Grits
09-23-2008, 05:38 PM
maybe make it to the ECF but no way they beat boston and if they do, still wont beat who ever comes out the west.

Cleveland has the best chance of beating the Celtics because we match up well with them. THE ONLY team that I fear as a Cavs fan in the West are the Spurs. No one else has won ANYTHING so they have just as much to prove as the Cavaliers do.

Bruno
09-23-2008, 05:55 PM
I don't see it as too much of a stretch for the Cavs to win the East. The east has become a crap shoot, with Phili, Toronto, Washington, all getting better. I like their chances more than Detroit.
Will they have enough fuel left in the tank to beat the Western Champ? I see the 08-09 title going West.