PDA

View Full Version : CBSSports: Top 20 SG

Dol-Fan
09-22-2008, 04:06 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/10990447

They did a little bit better on this list, Iverson is too low, same for Ray Allen and Vince Carter. I think Manu is a little too high as well. Danny Granger and Josh Howard are SFs but ok...

I don't know why I bother posting these anymore.

JordansBulls
09-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Vince Carter at 14th and Roy at 6?

:rolleyes:

MiamiHeat
09-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Allen is too low
Wade #2 :)

Lakersfan2483
09-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Vince Carter at 14th and Roy at 6?

:rolleyes:

I would take B. Roy over Vince Carter. Carter has solid numbers, but that does not translate into wins. Roy is a star in the making. He also makes others better.

SensandRaps
09-22-2008, 04:28 PM
roy is good but shouldnt be ranked 6th and their is no way ginobli should be 4th

Lakersfan2483
09-22-2008, 04:31 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/10990447

They did a little bit better on this list, Iverson is too low, same for Ray Allen and Vince Carter. I think Manu is a little too high as well. Danny Granger and Josh Howard are SFs but ok...

I don't know why I bother posting these anymore.

The list is better, but J. Howard, Granger and Dunleavy are not shooting guards. Also, Iverson should be ahead of M. Redd.

Top Shooting Guards

Kobe
D. Wade
T-Mac
Iverson
Ginobli
J. Johnson
R. Allen
M. Redd
B. Roy
V. Carter
R. Hamilton
S. Jackson

JMan17
09-22-2008, 04:32 PM
did i just see roy being ranked 6th and Iverson lower then him? is this a joke?

knicks1214
09-22-2008, 04:35 PM
I think Manu is a little too high now. It could be a bias against him because I hate the spurs, but I would personally take some other players above him...like Rip, Johnson, and Roy.

JMan17
09-22-2008, 04:37 PM
I think Manu is a little too high now. It could be a bias against him because I hate the spurs, but I would personally take some other players above him...like Rip, Johnson, and Roy.

Manu i actually like where he is. well not 4 i would rather have Iverson at 4 and i would rather have Johnson but rip and roy not so much.

_Sn1P3r_
09-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Manu is a bit too high IMO. Id take Ray Ray over him.

ShaunRiching9
09-22-2008, 05:19 PM
better then the small forwards and centers

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-22-2008, 05:25 PM
i have no problem with the list

Beno7500
09-22-2008, 05:35 PM
god i hate all of these lists

DreamShaker
09-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Manu is a bit too high IMO. Id take Ray Ray over him.

Really???

Faneik
09-22-2008, 05:43 PM
god i hate all of these lists

Me too.

Bad ratings and players with wrong positions...

Josh Howard, Peja, SG's?

Josh Howard is quick enough to defend smaller SG's, but Peja could never play the SG position well...

Faneik
09-22-2008, 05:44 PM
i have no problem with the list

Really?

So you see Peja Stojakovic as a SG?:confused:

fresh prince
09-22-2008, 05:49 PM
UHHH..Kevin Martin Anyone?

barreleffact
09-22-2008, 05:51 PM
why did he bash wade and basically say he's only second by default? in 06 wade was arguably the best on the planet. he has earned that spot and besides 3 point shooting is leagues ahead of almost every sg in the game. tracey and manu cannot compare to him at all. dont get me wrong. they are both amazing players but they arent wade. they arent franchise carrying caliber players. heck, wade is top 4 in the league right now. he kobe cp3 and lebron are easily the top 4 wing/outside players in the league

Faneik
09-22-2008, 05:54 PM
why did he bash wade and basically say he's only second by default? in 06 wade was arguably the best on the planet. he has earned that spot and besides 3 point shooting is leagues ahead of almost every sg in the game. tracey and manu cannot compare to him at all. dont get me wrong. they are both amazing players but they arent wade. they arent franchise carrying caliber players. heck, wade is top 4 in the league right now. he kobe cp3 and lebron are easily the top 4 guards in the league

Lebron isn't a guard.

At best, you can say he's a Point Forward.

barreleffact
09-22-2008, 05:58 PM
Lebron isn't a guard.

At best, you can say he's a Point Forward.

my b...i meant wing players. my mindset was outside and inside players cuz i hate comparing a kobe to a duncan and saying whos better. but dang, thats all you got out of everythin i said??? sum1 needs to find better things to do....kidding of course.

Faneik
09-22-2008, 06:03 PM
my b...i meant wing players. my mindset was outside and inside players cuz i hate comparing a kobe to a duncan and saying whos better. but dang, thats all you got out of everythin i said??? sum1 needs to find better things to do

No, but that was the only thing I disagreed with.

And yeah, you're right it's pretty logical if I'm here posting it's b/c I've got nothing better to do right now...

I can say the same about you, no?

barreleffact
09-22-2008, 06:07 PM
No, but that was the only thing I disagreed with.

And yeah, you're right it's pretty logical if I'm here posting it's b/c I've got nothing better to do right now...

I can say the same about you, no?

lol...na, i got better things i should be doing. i need to go to the gym before i go to my 2nd job but i dont think im goin to the gym today:( 1st job took too much outta me and i guess i got lazy/preoccupied. damned psd takin away my motivation

Faneik
09-22-2008, 06:11 PM
lol...na, i got better things i should be doing. i need to go to the gym before i go to my 2nd job but i dont think im goin to the gym today:( 1st job took too much outta me and i guess i got lazy/preoccupied. damned psd takin away my motivation

Pff... I hate gyms, no one will ever catch me paying to be lifting weights...

I'd rather play basketball or tennis with my friends.

But good luck, I know PSD can take away that motivation...

barreleffact
09-22-2008, 06:18 PM
Pff... I hate gyms, no one will ever catch me paying to be lifting weights...

I'd rather play basketball or tennis with my friends.

But good luck, I know PSD can take away that motivation...

tru. i hate the price but idk...its one of those things that get you in a zone or gives ya mind a sanctity. I love ball, but courts dont always be open, i hate playing outside, and then you have to coordinate everything with everyone...its work just to get a time to play. but tennis...i like the sport actually, but i suck at it. u play in school? and thanks for wishing me good luck. i already can bench close to 100 lbs more than i weigh, but my metabolism is so high that i cant gain weight to save my life.

BoltLakerPadre
09-22-2008, 06:18 PM
Roy is good, but that much better than AI, or better at all? I don't see it.

Faneik
09-22-2008, 06:23 PM
tru. i hate the price but idk...its one of those things that get you in a zone or gives ya mind a sanctity. I love ball, but courts dont always be open, i hate playing outside, and then you have to coordinate everything with everyone...its work just to get a time to play. but tennis...i like the sport actually, but i suck at it. u play in school? and thanks for wishing me good luck. i already can bench close to 100 lbs more than i weigh, but my metabolism is so high that i cant gain weight to save my life.

I play outside both b-ball and tennis, when the weather allows it.

And it's no so hard to organize the games, tennis I only need one friend and basketball I just need 3 to play 2 vs 2. So, it's not so hard, what worries me is that the rain & cold season is coming up and I won't play that often...

Hawkeye15
09-22-2008, 06:56 PM
why did he bash wade and basically say he's only second by default? in 06 wade was arguably the best on the planet. he has earned that spot and besides 3 point shooting is leagues ahead of almost every sg in the game. tracey and manu cannot compare to him at all. dont get me wrong. they are both amazing players but they arent wade. they arent franchise carrying caliber players. heck, wade is top 4 in the league right now. he kobe cp3 and lebron are easily the top 4 wing/outside players in the league

if he is healthy, agreed. Let's see if he can stay on the court this year. You aren't better than Mark Madsen if you don't play, and your team wins 15 games.

SaimoNETS
09-22-2008, 08:03 PM
Vince Carter is hated on once again

cmellofan15
09-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Vince at 14??? Below those guys???
Iverson at 9???
Rip below Roy???

Wow I lost most of my respect for CBS Sports on the other lists now im starting to hate them...

23LBJCleBrowns
09-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Redd should be higher up. and i think Wade is better than kobe only cuz wade is yougner

Bruno
09-22-2008, 08:52 PM
I think Joe Johnson should be #4, and that Iverson should be higher, 5th before Manu. Rip Hamilton shouldn't be in the top 10. Kevin Martin is underrated, he's top 10, great scorer.

dre1990
09-22-2008, 08:53 PM
worst SG list ever

Fayzon10
09-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Redd should be higher up. and i think Wade is better than kobe only cuz wade is yougner
you're in the minority my friend:no:

bogdanrom
09-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Decent list, but Peja ain't close to SG. First of all he's 6'10, plus he can't guard SG to save his butthole.

oshea225
09-22-2008, 10:09 PM

age only factors into potential and inexperience (or experience, if a player is older). doesnt have anything to do with talent.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-22-2008, 10:45 PM
WOW, AI is 9? 1-3 are correct. But, 4-8 are no way better than AI i don't care wat anyone says!! tha one you could make a case for is manu.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Ohh my bad. i just saw it's "fantasy" and...FANTASY AIN'T REALITY!

Dol-Fan
09-22-2008, 11:14 PM
Ohh my bad. i just saw it's "fantasy" and...FANTASY AIN'T REALITY!

no... the column on the side is fantasy, the big list is "reality". Note my quotation marks....

DenButsu
09-22-2008, 11:30 PM
I don't think it will be long before there's some general agreement that J.R. has cracked the top 15. I think he's really on his way. But for accomplishments thus far, I don't have a problem with him being listed at 20.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-22-2008, 11:45 PM
no... the column on the side is fantasy, the big list is "reality". Note my quotation marks....

Well in "reality" AI would take all those cats 4-8 to school.