PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Report: Sept 22 2008

SLY WILLIAMS
09-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Comings and goings
Sam Weinman
September

I’m not quite sure I understand the Rangers’ lineup over the next few days. It’s complicated. For instance, some of the players who are playing tonight—including the Markus Naslund, Scott Gomez, and Nikolai Zherdev line—are also playing tomorrow in Tampa. Others are playing tomorrow and Wednesday in New Jersey, but not tonight. And of course there’s the guys who played Saturday night, are not playing tonight, but are playing tomorrow.

And this is on top of Nigel Dawes stopping me every five minutes trying to convince me he’s playing defense tonight.

“The coaches say I need work on my backwards skating,” he said.

I’m pretty sure he’s kidding.

The lineup for tonight:

Goalie: Lundqvist, Zaba

Defense: Redden-Girardi; Kalinin-Sanguinetti, Pock-Fahey.

F: Naslund-Gomez-Zherdev
Fritsche-Dubinsky-Weise
Voros-Nedved-Parenteau
Korpikoski-Anisimov-Orr

This will be the first NHL preseason game for Weise and Bobby Sanguinetti.

Some other notes:

# Tom Renney is back with the team after tending to a family matter Saturday. He’ll be behind the bench tonight. “I need practice, too,” the coach said.

# I’m working on a story for tomorrow’s paper about Wade Redden, who makes his debut at the Garden against his old team. Some great insight about the defenseman came from Perry Pearn, his old coach in Ottawa who is again his coach here. It’s apparent Pearn is a strong believer that Redden’s struggles at the end of last year were a result of matters outside his control, and he’s poised to flourish here. I suppose tonight counts as a sneak preview.

# Speaking of Redden, I’d be remiss in not passing along these photos from his wedding this summer. I mentioned to Wade I had stumbled across them, and he was well aware they’ve been circulating online. “I’ve been getting some comments,” he said.

See for yourself. I think it’s safe to say Redden isn’t needing much in the way of sympathy these days.
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2008/09/22/comings-and-goings-2/

Raider Front
09-29-2008, 11:43 PM
agreed