PDA

View Full Version : J. P. Losman

MastaPeacock
09-22-2008, 02:06 PM
What do you guys think? He really started to learn how to play when Wilfork took out his knee last season, opening the door for Trent Edwards to steal his spot. He wants to be traded and is going to be a FA at the end of the season. We might be able to get him cheap now, or sign him for a decent amount in the offseason. Not too much risk, but potential for major reward.

steelcityroller
09-22-2008, 02:22 PM
It depends on what you could get him for but it certainly wouldnt hurt. He has to be better than Thigpen....

RustShack
09-22-2008, 02:31 PM
I wouldn't give up much, but I would take him..

DKKC
09-22-2008, 02:55 PM
It wouldnt be worth going after him in FA until after the draft and so far he's been a bust of QB picked in the first RD. 4th round pick no more than a 3rd?

In_Ned_I_Trust
09-22-2008, 04:07 PM
same could be said for kellen clemens probably.

Pipes
09-22-2008, 07:49 PM
I would try to get Losman if there no chance in aquiring Quinn ...And the way Anderson has been playing it's only a matter of time before Quinn takes over! But as far as Losman it's completly the opposit.. Edwards is only getting stronger! But Losmon does have a great arm and some starting experiance!... with that and the lack of a "Franchise" style of QB in this draft that gives him the edge.

But with that said I wouldn't get crazy maybe and only maybe would I give up a 3rd! But if he can be had for a 4th then I'd do it.....

touchdown bowe
09-22-2008, 07:58 PM
Im pretty sure the Bills would take a 5th or 6th rounder..JP isnt worth crap and Edwards is a good starter

Nvchiefsfan
09-22-2008, 08:31 PM
JP is better than Croyle or any one else on our roster hands down.

FKNRUEHH925
09-23-2008, 02:28 PM
JP is better than Croyle or any one else on our roster hands down.

I would not say hands down better than Croyle! if Croyle was not hurt i think we could have won the falcons game.. I would NEVER give up a 3rd for JP, a 4th MAYBE but i think we could get a qb better than JP in the later 3rd rounds.. what about trying to make a trade for a rookie? Brohm (spelling sorry) is the 3rd string down in Green Bay. Rogers is doing great hes like 25 the second string qb is like 22-23, so the packers r not hurting for qbs. i would give up a 2nd rounder for him, or a 3rd and a player. i think hes better than anything we could get in the second round next year, then we could use the first pick on a lineman but this is just me thinking outloud.....

Lebowski
09-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Mark Bulger

He's getting benched for Trent Green, so the Rams MUST think he's done. Not that old, would probably fit with Herm and what he wants to do better than anyone we have.

Cuss out Carl Peterson all you want, at least he isn't doing what the Rams have been the last few years.

RustShack
09-23-2008, 04:06 PM
I've never been big on Bulger either, I would take Losman over him.

Nvchiefsfan
09-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Anyone cheap would be an upgrade right now. What about Sage Rosenfels, he has looked good down in Houston.

RustShack
09-23-2008, 04:47 PM
I've always been big on him and actually can't believe he still hasn't got a shot yet.. hes led a bunch of come from behind victorys then the coach just goes back to the old guy again... I think he did it like three times in Miami and a couple times in Houston.

GameTimeChief
09-23-2008, 04:55 PM
i like sage and losman about equal. i think both are decent QB's. im still not sure on how i feel about trading for a QB after season start unless its for a future franchise QB. (like quinn could possibly be). Which almost surely won't happen. if we were searching for that last peice that could jump us into the playoffs i would be all about sage and J.P. tho. I definitly like the options of losman in the offseason, and draft pick on QB.

RustShack
09-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Losman could be a QB of the future...

GameTimeChief
09-23-2008, 06:11 PM
not in my eyes bud. great arm and measureables, just too inconsistent and has problems finding the open man and i dont think that will change.

Frnchize
09-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Losman is nothing more then a whiny pain in the ***. He demanded to be the starter at UCLA as a freshman and transferred to Tulane when the coaches told him it would have to be a competition for the starting spot. When Buffalo drafted Edwards, he starting complaining again. When he lost his spot, he demanded a trade and now said he would play out his last year of his contract and leave. Why would ANY team look to this guy for leadership when every time he's had adversity come his way, his only response is to whine about it and leave for somewhere else.

rhensley3
09-23-2008, 06:29 PM
there's a reason these guys arent playing...and they're not playing on teams that aren't what we want to be. suffer through this crap with me, guys...we wont suck forever. our guy(whoever that is) is better than those guys you mentioned.

RustShack
09-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Its normal for starting QB's to lose thier job after they get hurt, like Trent Green did, and he was still a great QB for us after he lost his job to Warner. Warner is doing pretty good now in Arizona for losing his job to Bulger. Losman was really starting to come around last year, and then he got hurt. The Bills haven't really had anything around him either, they have been an overall bad team. It takes years for the majority of first round QB's to be successful, so Losman is still on pace. I would take him over any QB we have including Croyle easy.

GameTimeChief
09-23-2008, 06:39 PM
Its normal for starting QB's to lose thier job after they get hurt, like Trent Green did, and he was still a great QB for us after he lost his job to Warner. Warner is doing pretty good now in Arizona for losing his job to Bulger. Losman was really starting to come around last year, and then he got hurt. The Bills haven't really had anything around him either, they have been an overall bad team. It takes years for the majority of first round QB's to be successful, so Losman is still on pace. I would take him over any QB we have including Croyle easy.

Me to. I like Losman and he is certainly worth a shot. I think he will be realesed tho and we could save a pick or player and still get our guy hopefully. either way i do want losman in a chiefs jersey, and theres no way i can argue he WONT be a franchise QB. i just dont think he will.

rhensley3
09-23-2008, 10:28 PM
are you kidding? do you know how long it would take to change his name to LOSSMAN? he'll be like a superhero..."have no fear...lossman is here" hahahahaha!!!!!

MastaPeacock
09-24-2008, 12:34 AM
Hahahahaaa... Loss-man. I get it.

He's legit tho. He had a ****** first year but he was getting better year by year until last year when he got gimped and Edwards jacked him. I'd be pissed if that happened too and would probably demand a trade as well. We could probably get him for a low draft pick, seeing that he's a FA after this season and it would be nice to get him integrated into the offense (assuming herm and gayley keep their jobs) before next season. However, even as a FA, he's totally worth a look.

Pipes
09-24-2008, 02:44 AM
Ya.. he's worth a look! As far as I see it what we have is not working! Losman could be a option.. Like I said before there's noone coming out that's that protatypical "Franchise QB". So if were looking at Croyle and 2 others next year.. a guy like Losman would be a intriguing option if Croyle finally flames out!

RustShack
09-24-2008, 12:26 PM
If Sanchez or Stafford comes out there is a "Franchise QB."

Pipes
09-24-2008, 01:04 PM
In my opinion those guy's could be and would also be a upgrade of what we have. I was talking about guy's like Ryan, Palmer, Rivers ect. This years draft just reminds me alot of the A. Smith one.. as fas as QB's go... a bunch of could be's but not that sure thing...

RustShack
09-24-2008, 02:10 PM
Well if you want a guy like Ryan draft Bradford. If you want a guy like Palmer draft Sanchez or Stafford.

Pipes
09-24-2008, 02:13 PM
What about Montana...:laugh2:

RustShack
09-24-2008, 02:15 PM
What about Montana...:laugh2:

Thats who Brodie Croyle was comparable to.

Pipes
09-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Thats who Brodie Croyle was comparable to.

I know you said that before...But whoever came up with that comparison should be...:guns:

RustShack
09-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Maybe, but when he isn't hurt he really isn't bad. Croyle hasn't had his chance to grow and he has a HC that restricts him. Also he doesn't have an Oline so its hard to tell...

Pipes
09-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Well first Montana never had what is considered in the NFL as a great arm...Something that Croyle does posses!... Montana was a great maager of the clock and new how to break down a defense. Granted he had one of the Greatest Coaches of all time but still that was something he demistrated at ND... Croyle up to this point hasn't shown any of these charataristics... I know he hasn't played enough to show them.. but when he has played it's been very straight foward...Look to Bowe, Tony and then checkdown! To be honest with you Croyle is much closer to Farve (who we both have said) and maybe even Elway!... Mainly because of the arm strenght!

But to be honest with you I hate comparing any player to another player...Because all your going to get is disapoitment that Player A (Croyle) doesn't live up to Player B (Farve) then you automaticly move on to the next phenom. No I wrather sit back and see if Croyle can just turn out to be a decent NFL QB... If he can do that then I'll be happy!

RustShack
09-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Thats funny, I think hes comparable to Favre and not very long ago you said you didn't see it.

Pipes
09-24-2008, 06:00 PM
No...you were trying to compair the two on Croyle's potential "Greatness". "Herm needs to cut him loose" I believe you said... And then as proof of your theory you used poor machincs like throwing off his back foot as your example. What I'm talking about is phyiscal attributes strong arm and a propensity to lead ect. If your going to compare the 2 (which like I tried to say was a mistake!) on career similarities you'll be waiting a long time!

But what I find really funny is you keep saying he's comparible to Montana aswell!.. Dude did you ever see Joe play? Nowhere does Brodie ever remind me of Montana... My advice is stop saying that before you start to loose creditability

touchdown bowe
09-24-2008, 08:46 PM
Right after we drafted Brodie..i did research on him..and I seriously thought he was the next brett favre..not just because of his skills..but other things. Croyle used to be number 4..Favres number..Theyre both from the south and attended a college in the southern US. Neither one was drafted in the 1st round but in the 1st day. I was like 13 and had nothin better to do lol

Pipes
09-25-2008, 12:08 AM
Not to get into a argument but I swore he wore 12 in college as well...:shrug:

Chiefs316
09-25-2008, 12:13 AM
Why are we talking about Losman like we would have to trade for him......according to every site i have checked he is an UFA after this season....so why don't we just sign him to a good contract and not give up draft picks that would be cool.....here is the link and another to check it..

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=By+Team&y=2009

The second one you have to go down to the bills section and the first one you have to go to other players

RustShack
09-25-2008, 12:36 AM
I never said he was comparable to Montana, others did when he came out of the draft... I have always said Favre...

Chiefs316
09-25-2008, 12:39 AM
doesn't losman have a cannon for an arm

Pipes
09-25-2008, 02:24 AM
I never said he was comparable to Montana, others did when he came out of the draft... I have always said Favre...

Whatever you say buddy...:up:

Pipes
09-25-2008, 02:25 AM
doesn't losman have a cannon for an arm

Yes... He's real comparible to Brodie other then the fact he's a little cocky... But I still feel he's worth a look!

RustShack
09-25-2008, 03:25 PM
Whatever you say buddy...:up:

I know me saying that scouts compared him to Montana is the same thing as me thinking that even though every time I make a comparasin I always say Favre :rolleyes: Maybe you should go back to school and find a real professer because you have a lot to learn still.

Pipes
09-25-2008, 04:53 PM
WOW...:speechless: I must of hit a nerve...:laugh2:

Pipes
09-25-2008, 04:55 PM
I know me saying that scouts compared him to Montana is the same thing as me thinking that even though every time I make a comparasin I always say Favre :rolleyes: Maybe you should go back to school and find a real professer because you have a lot to learn still.

But your my Professor Rust...Whenever I want to be educated I come to you Buddy!... :hi5:... Why get a real one when your the BEST!!!!!!!! ;)

kfranks22
09-25-2008, 08:40 PM
As a Niner fan let me tell you, in no way, let me repeat, no way, does Croyle compare to the great Joe Montana!!! And to even mention the two in the same breathe, frankly is an insult. I could see some small simularities to Farve, but it's really hard to compare players because of the situations they are put in to.

And to this Rust character, what does schooling have to do with the argument you are having with this Pipes guy? A little advise, if you're trying to win an argument, actually win it with knowledge of the subject instead of spouting off personal things that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

touchdown bowe
09-25-2008, 10:45 PM
Not to get into a argument but I swore he wore 12 in college as well...:shrug:

When Brodie first came into the league as a rookie he was number 4..it was only for preseason i believe..just thought i'd throw that out there tho

Pipes
09-26-2008, 12:39 AM
No.. I know when he wore 4 his first preseason... I thought someone said he wore 4 in college or at some point in college! But it's probably just me mixing things up again...:laugh2:

DKKC
09-26-2008, 11:09 AM
But your my Professor Rust...Whenever I want to be educated I come to you Buddy!... :hi5:... Why get a real one when your the BEST!!!!!!!! ;)

Rust I may have just found your new theme song bud!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

DKKC
09-26-2008, 11:13 AM
And for everyones info Brodie came in and had to wear 4 because his number 12 was being worn by Craphonso Thorpe

Pipes
09-26-2008, 12:04 PM
Rust I may have just found your new theme song bud!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

L:laugh:L!!!...Funny :censored:!!!

Frnchize
09-26-2008, 01:45 PM
Comparing Brodie Croyle to Brett Farve is just plain crazy. I don't care if they both wore the same number, came from the south, went to a southern school, etc...

The bottom line is one of them gets hurt when the wind changes direction and the other could probably play with a broken arm.

RustShack
09-26-2008, 02:14 PM
Croyle plays through injury if he has to when he can.. he played a year of college ball with a seperated shoulder...

Pipes
09-26-2008, 02:34 PM
But it still doesn't mean he's isn't injured prone...:shrug: Where Farve is probably a little bit more tougher...

RustShack
09-26-2008, 02:37 PM
I don't really think comparing a player means hes an exact clone of.

RustShack
09-26-2008, 02:38 PM
I said he throws the ball like Favre, not he is Favre.

Pipes
09-26-2008, 02:53 PM
I don't really think comparing a player means hes an exact clone of.

And that's the very reason I don't like comparing players... When you compare someone to someoneelse people take it as exact clone... When you say Croyle is like Farve people get the image of a tough southern kid who has a cannon of a arm and the heart of a champ... And then they hold you to it... No.. Croyle is Croyle a kid who has a cannon for a arm and alot to prove!

Crying MN fan
09-29-2008, 02:39 AM
Crazy how valuable a decent qb is now days

DKKC
09-29-2008, 01:37 PM
thats why we still have damond huard

Kcfanbaby212*
09-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Huard only did what we all knew what would happen if we had a decent QB play...

kcchiefs_82
09-29-2008, 10:30 PM
I thought Huard played great the other day. He didnt throw the ball in bad places and only gave his recievers a chance to catch it.

touchdown bowe
09-29-2008, 10:33 PM
I just wished he coulda kept the ball in bounds when Bowe ran those 2 go routes down the sideline..woulda been impressive..

Kcfanbaby212*
09-29-2008, 10:40 PM
Yeah...Huard def. couldve had 2 extra completions...and possibly another TD...

Pipes
09-30-2008, 05:09 PM
I hate Huard.. I'm so done with him...But with that said... I have to admit he played very good on Sunday!

Chiefs316
10-01-2008, 04:24 PM
why do you hate Huard? what the hell has he done other than get old. He came in when Trent went down and did everything he could to get us to the playoffs, and you know what? he did than he started the season last year and no matter what you say he got us a 4-3 record until he was pulled. Than he comes in for Brodie and almost took down the Patriots, and than he did something Brodie hasn't pulled off yet, and got us a win. Damon is a winner compared to Brodie......do i think when Brodie is healthy he should go in? yes. but how can you hate Huard?

Chiefs316
10-01-2008, 04:30 PM
That throw that Bowe caught but was out of bounds wasn't Huards fault that should have been caught, Bowe should have know where his feet where and it was a catchable pass. I love Bowe but that was his fault. his toe barely hit the line and there wasn't really an excuse for it.

Pipes
10-01-2008, 06:53 PM
why do you hate Huard? what the hell has he done other than get old. He came in when Trent went down and did everything he could to get us to the playoffs, and you know what? he did than he started the season last year and no matter what you say he got us a 4-3 record until he was pulled. Than he comes in for Brodie and almost took down the Patriots, and than he did something Brodie hasn't pulled off yet, and got us a win. Damon is a winner compared to Brodie......do i think when Brodie is healthy he should go in? yes. but how can you hate Huard?

Because I do...No really.. What really bothers me about him is I feel he slows down the progression of this team.. and that does have to do with his age! Then if you add in lack of mobility and arm strength and questionable leadership to me he's nothing more then aging backup!...Not a player in my opinion that should be absorbing minutes at our most crucial position!... I'm not saying he hasn't brought good play to this organization! But I feel that having him back there.. whether he gives us the best chance to win now is not in the best intrest in the longrun...which is to devolepe for the future... And I'm sorry having a 30 something backup journey-man as aour starting QB is not building for the future!

touchdown bowe
10-01-2008, 08:46 PM
I was hoping Thigpen would improve faster but he's still the same player as last year

Kcfanbaby212*
10-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Yeah well ill consider Bowe and Huard even in that loss to the pats...his last pass of the game...way behind...bowe dropped a TD...that was bowe....last week....he threw 30+ yard passes to bowe...but out of bounds...and were very catchable...ill give that too huard....huard will get us the win....but he certainly wont stretch the field....and when he plays...LJ plays better....which isnt the luxury Brodie Croyle doesnt have...

kcchiefs_82
10-01-2008, 09:01 PM
I like Huard and until Brodie proves he is better than Huard I think we should keep him in. He gives us the best shot to win and this game is about winning. So I like Huard as the starter.

Kcfanbaby212*
10-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Huard will be the starter...til LJ doesnt have the 200 yard running games...and Huard has to win it himself....he will throw the INTs like candy

BigRatt
10-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Huard will be the starter...til LJ doesnt have the 200 yard running games...and Huard has to win it himself....he will throw the INTs like candy

I disagree! As long as the O line can give Huard the time, he knows where to go with the ball and he does it accurately.. If he comes out and does to Carolina what he did to Denver i think Herm has a very hard to decision to make come the Tennessee game assuming Brodie is ready to go. I know Herms philosophy about Starters dont lose thier positions due to Injury.. I almost think we need to do what Tennessee is doing with K. Collins and let Huard play as long as he is playing at a high level..

BigRatt
10-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Yeah well ill consider Bowe and Huard even in that loss to the pats...his last pass of the game...way behind...bowe dropped a TD...that was bowe....last week....he threw 30+ yard passes to bowe...but out of bounds...and were very catchable...ill give that too huard....huard will get us the win....but he certainly wont stretch the field....and when he plays...LJ plays better....which isnt the luxury Brodie Croyle doesnt have...

Huard certainly stretches the Field more than Brodie will, if Brodie is the guy against Tennessee he has to grow a set of balls and start taking some chances.. Very rarely are WRs completely wide open and that is what Huard does well..

Kcfanbaby212*
10-01-2008, 10:05 PM
Huard certainly stretches the Field more than Brodie will, if Brodie is the guy against Tennessee he has to grow a set of balls and start taking some chances.. Very rarely are WRs completely wide open and that is what Huard does well..

well actually Croyle did take shots down the field Vs. NE...but unfortunately Bowe dropped both...Huard does manage the game alot better....but thanks to LJ it was possible...or more so the O-line..

Kcfanbaby212*
10-01-2008, 10:05 PM
stat wisse....weve given up more sacks at this point than we did last year....

Pipes
10-01-2008, 11:50 PM

I disagree... His arm limits what he can do past 15 yds! he does manage a game better but that's because he flipp'n 34! I say give Croyle one last shot to take the raines as the future QB of this franchise... If he goes down again then we'll know... But the day we go with Huard as our starter over Croyle is the day we need to start doing whatever it takes to draft Stafford...

BigRatt
10-02-2008, 12:46 AM
I disagree... His arm limits what he can do past 15 yds! he does manage a game better but that's because he flipp'n 34! I say give Croyle one last shot to take the raines as the future QB of this franchise... If he goes down again then we'll know... But the day we go with Huard as our starter over Croyle is the day we need to start doing whatever it takes to draft Stafford...

What i meant was the Staff has brainwashed Brodie into thinking that any turnover is the end of the world.. Brodie hardly ever goes down the field and mostly hits checkdowns. Huard takes some chances but knows coverages well enough to know where to go with the ball. Brodie has all the things Huard doesn't have except for knowing how to play the game at the Pro level which factors in Poise and Awareness. Brodie is going to have to start taken some chances with the ball.. Like i said WRs are hardly ever wide open and sooner or later he is going to have to stick the ball in there. Huard gives KC the best chance to WIN and when Brodie comes back he will be rusty for a week or so or maybe even the rest of the season. Thats going to make for a hard decision. Herm also knows that he has to get a certain amount of WINs to preserve his job. It will be interesting to see what he does and thats all assuming Huard wins this week again.. If they lose to Carolina its really a moot point!

RustShack
10-02-2008, 01:25 AM
If there isn't a running game Huard isn't winning.

Pipes
10-02-2008, 01:02 PM
What i meant was the Staff has brainwashed Brodie into thinking that any turnover is the end of the world.. Brodie hardly ever goes down the field and mostly hits checkdowns. Huard takes some chances but knows coverages well enough to know where to go with the ball. Brodie has all the things Huard doesn't have except for knowing how to play the game at the Pro level which factors in Poise and Awareness. Brodie is going to have to start taken some chances with the ball.. Like i said WRs are hardly ever wide open and sooner or later he is going to have to stick the ball in there. Huard gives KC the best chance to WIN and when Brodie comes back he will be rusty for a week or so or maybe even the rest of the season. Thats going to make for a hard decision. Herm also knows that he has to get a certain amount of WINs to preserve his job. It will be interesting to see what he does and thats all assuming Huard wins this week again.. If they lose to Carolina its really a moot point!

I agree with some of that Ratt... But i'm not so sure that Herm & Co. have "brain washed" Croyle about being aggressive as much as... until he's shown more consitantsy in the shorter game he should stay away from the deeper throws.. Being that it seems he's hardly on the field, most of the images of Croyle are still the old wild ones! That's why Huard gets a opportunity to be aggressive because he's alot more experianced. But Croyle physical features dworf those of Huard's and that's why I'm still intruged by him... But I'm sure if Croyle (and that's a bif IF) can stay healthy as the season goes on you'll see him be more agressive...

RustShack
10-02-2008, 03:19 PM
I think now that our team is developing and gelling together and we won't be playing the Patriots it will be easyer for them to let Croyle do more now.

Pipes
10-02-2008, 03:37 PM
I agree...