PDA

View Full Version : 2008 TrailBlazer Training Camp/Preseason Thread

A.Mopp
09-21-2008, 10:35 PM
2008 TrailBlazer Training Camp/Preseason Thread

Trail Blazers 2008 preseason schedule

DATE OPPONENT VENUE LOCATION TIME
Oct. 7 Sacramento Rose Garden Portland, OR 7 p.m.
Oct. 8 Golden State Rose Garden Portland, OR 7 p.m.
Oct. 10 Atlanta Spring Center Kansas City,MO 7 p.m.
Oct. 12 Utah Rose Garden Portland, OR 3 p.m.
Oct. 20 Sacramento ARCO Arena Sacramento 7 p.m.
Oct. 22 Clippers Staple Center Los Angeles 7:30 p.m.
Oct. 23 Utah Energy Solutions Arena Salt Lake City 7p.m.

Roster going into Training camp

No. Player Pos Ht Wt DOB Exp College
12 Aldridge, LaMa FC 6-11 240 7/19/85 2 Texas
88 Batum, Nicolas GF 6-8 190 12/14/88 R None
4 Bayles, Jerryd PG 6-3 199 8/20/88 R Arizona
2 Blake, Steve PG 6-3 172 2/26/80 5 Maryland
1 Diogu, Ike FC 6-8 255 9/11/83 3 Arizona State
5 Fernande, Rudy G 6-5 185 4/4/85 R None
44 Frye, Channing FC 6-11 245 5/17/83 3 Arizona
52 Hill, Steven FC 7-0 245 11/14/85 R Arkansas
6 Jackson, Luke SF 6-7 215 11/6/81 4 Oregon
9 LaFrentz, Raef FC 6-11 245 5/29/76 10 Kansas
52 Oden, Greg C 7-0 250 1/22/88 1 Ohio State
25 Outlaw, Travis F 6-9 215 9/18/84 5 None
10 Przybill, Joel C 7-1 255 10/10/79 8 Minnesota
11 Rodrig, Sergio G 6-3 168 6/12/86 2 None
7 Roy, Brandon G 6-6 229 7/23/84 2 Washington
7 Tatum, Jamaal G 6-2 175 9/9/84 R Southern Illinois
24 Wafer, Von G 6-5 210 7/21/85 3 Florida State
8 Webster, Mar GF 6-7 229 12/4/86 3 None

Depth Chart

POS STARTER 2nd 3rd
Point Guard Steve Blake Jerryd Bayless Sergio Rodriguez
Shooting Guard Brandon Roy Rudy Fernandez
Small Forward Martell Webster Travis Outlaw Nicolas Batum
Power Forward LaMarcus Aldridge Channing Frye Ike Diogu
Center Greg Oden Joel Przybilla Raef LaFrentz

A.Mopp
09-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Training camp is right around the corner. We can use this thread to post news about player news, signings, player cuts, injuries and other blazer related discussion.

nbafan244
09-22-2008, 01:05 AM
what the hell is going on with livingston...anyone got the lowdown?

A.Mopp
09-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Last article i read said it was between us, miami, and minny

A.Mopp
09-23-2008, 11:47 PM
Rudy Fernandez joins the Blazers

More than 100 fans welcomed Spanish guard Rudy Fernandez to the Portland Trail Blazers upon his arrival to the city with chants of “Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!”

“It was a good surprise,” Fernandez said. “When I arrived, I say, ‘OK, let’s go practice now. Let’s go.”’

The 6-foot-6 Olympian arrived at Portland International Airport on Monday and was whisked to the Rose Garden, where the Blazers held a news conference to introduce him.

“He’s a team player. He’s a great kid,” general manager Kevin Pritchard said. “I think he’ll raise the level of competition for everyone.”

Fernandez played for Spain in Beijing, scoring 22 points in the gold medal game against the United States. The U.S. team won, 118-107.

:clap:

A.Mopp
09-24-2008, 01:38 AM
Oden: I Just Want To Win

Blazers' center Greg Oden is ready to begin training camp this month and is focused on winning in Portland, according to NBA.com.

"Just to win. To try to get out there and help my team win as much as possible. I’m not really worried about individual stats," Oden said of his goals for this season. "For me, if my team can make the playoffs or we can win a lot more games than we did last year, then that will satisfy me."

Oden also believes the Blazers have a chance to make the playoffs for the first time since 2003.

"We have a chance. Hopefully, we can get things together at the beginning of the season and become a good enough team to make it," Oden added.

Oden is motivated and ready to go! :clap:

A.Mopp
09-29-2008, 09:21 PM
If anyone cares which i doubt they do. LaFrentz had shoulder surgery. I wanna know how he got hurt. He never played. 6-8 months..lol

The Portland Trail Blazers announced Friday that center Raef LaFrentz underwent successful surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder.

He is expected to miss six to eight months.

The 6-11 center has been plagued by injuries throughout most of his 10-year career, playing in at least 70 games five times.

click for lols (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AnBoRGs9EEFUEpYBEMGWuLOK0bYF?slug=txtrai lblazerslafrentz&prov=st&type=lgns)

G0DEN
09-30-2008, 03:22 AM
So the Portland Trail Bloggers site has launched what they call, The VS Series. It is a very in depth look at the Portland Trail Blazers v all the other NBA teams. Everyday a different team. They compare the overall teams, each player by position, the bench and give their overall prediction.

It is less of a statistical preview and more of an explained preview, if that makes any sense...

The first preview is of the matchup with the Sacramento Kings... Here is the link... (http://www.portlandtrailbloggers.com/archives/925/the-vs-series-the-sacramento-kings/)

scandaless2
10-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Oden misses Blazers practice with ankle injury.

Oden misses Blazers practice with ankle injury

October 1, 2008

Adjust font size:
TUALATIN, Oregon (Ticker) -- Portland Trail Blazers center Greg Oden was held out of practice Wednesday, one day after the former top draft pick rolled his ankle in the team's training camp opener.

Oden said that he "tweaked" his right ankle while attempting to push off fellow big man Joel Pryzbilla during Tuesday's practice.

But Blazers coach Nate McMillan stated that his decision to hold Oden out of Wednesday's workout was a precautionary move, claiming that Portland's franchise player is OK.

"He's fine," McMillan told reporters Wednesday. "Everybody, he's fine. He's OK."

The No. 1 overall draft selection in 2007, Oden missed his entire rookie season while recovering from microfracture knee surgery. The 7-footer has downplayed the severity of his ankle injury and rode a stationary bike while the Blazers completed Tuesday's workout.

thats not good .
http://www.hoopsworld.com/TheWireStory.asp?id=12659

nbafan244
10-01-2008, 06:30 PM
yes again...another injury...nate told media that today in practice blake was trying to push the ball up court then went down. extent of the injury to known...yet...no link yet but when i find one i will get it to ya. this is not good considering oden again sat out today and blake was doing the best he has ever done so far according to KP. so lets hope and pray oden and blake are ok and this stupid injury thing will stop...maybe its just getting them all out of the way at once...

A.Mopp
10-01-2008, 06:53 PM
im not to worried about these injuries.

A.Mopp
10-04-2008, 10:08 PM
The first game thread is up!!!

A.Mopp
10-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Some notes from practice

As nearly everyone has noted, LaMarcus Aldridge looks fantastic. He's doing everything with a ton of confidence. I fully expect LA to steal the show this season. I didn't have an opportunity to watch much of yesterday's practice, but in the short time I was in the gym, I saw Aldridge poke away a Rudy Fernandez pass intended for Joel Przybilla and hit a tough double-clutch over Ike Diogu.

Lamarcus got a lot stronger this offseason and looks great thus far,

A.Mopp
10-06-2008, 03:49 PM
other notes

I didn't see it happen, but I think Jerryd Bayless might have taken a shot to the nose. I saw him stuff some gauze up one of this nostrils toward the end of practice. Maybe it's just all this dry Oregon air.

Brandon Roy looked a bit gassed at the end of practice, but he still looked great. The guy is always in total control. At one point toward the end of practice Roy got into the paint, then pulled up and nailed a turnaround jumper over Travis Outlaw. That isn't an easy shot to make even with fresh legs.

-center court

A.Mopp
10-06-2008, 04:32 PM
The Oden plan: About 15-to-20 minutes in preseason opener

Coach Nate McMillan said the tentative plan for Tuesday's preseason opener against Sacramento is to play center Greg Oden about 20 minutes.

"It might be 15, depending on what the doctors say,'' McMillan said.

During Friday's intrasquad scrimmage, Oden said the plan was to play him 10 minutes in each half. No official minutes were kept, but it was probably close to 20 minutes. Whatever amount he played, Oden said he could have, and wanted to, go longer.

The next decision is how to handle the two back-to-backs in the Blazers' preseason schedule. The first back-to-back is Tuesday (at home against Sacramento) and Wednesday (at home against Golden State). The second is the final two exhibition games - Oct. 22 at the Clippers and Oct. 23 at Utah.

McMillan said he will probably play Oden in the first back-to-back, then sit him for the Oct. 23 game at Utah in order to give Oden more rest for the Oct. 28 season opener at the Lakers. Once the regular season arrives, the plan is for Oden to play every game, regardless if it is a back-to-back.

A.Mopp
10-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Hollinger's Team Forecast: Portland Trail Blazers

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trainingcamp08/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=TrailBlazersForecast0809

he predicts an 8th, but i have never really liked the stuff he writes but we will see.

A.Mopp
10-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Blake returns to practice

An important practice takes place Tuesday for the Trail Blazers: For the first time this season, starting point guard Steve Blake is expected to be running the offense after spending the past two weeks mending a pulled left hamstring.

"Anxious is not the word," Blake said. "I've been bored. I hate watching. I don't know how some guys fake injuries. I would much rather be out there practicing."

Always a fitness fanatic, Blake, a sixth-year veteran, said he was in the best shape of his career when training camp opened two weeks ago. But early in the second practice, Blake caught a pass at halfcourt, and as he tried to avoid an oncoming defender by accelerating, he felt what he thought was a cramp. After taking another step, he knew it was much more serious.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/

A.Mopp
10-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Here is another Season Preview

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-PortlandPreview0809

i think its a pretty good one

A.Mopp
10-22-2008, 05:41 PM
this is my favorite part

Blazers down one, 9.2 seconds to play, must-win game. What's the play?

Blazer's Edge:

Travis Outlaw inbounds the ball to Brandon Roy near the 3-point line. Roy fakes right, then dives left toward the key. As the defender comes to shut off the lane, Roy threads the needle to Rudy Fernandez on the weak side. He lofts a 3-ball in the air, and you could tell the moment it left his hands it was long and wide by a mile.

Wait a minute ... it wasn't a shot, it was a lob! GREG ODEN sails in from nowhere and THROWS IT DOWN. HE BROKE THE BACKBOARD AT THE HORN! BLAZERS WIN!

TheGreatDane17
05-07-2009, 07:50 PM
I think we can delete this thread & http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278632

A.Mopp
05-08-2009, 01:01 AM
wow i forgot about this thread. Why didnt anybody tell me about his still being here? I never noticed it all season. lol