PDA

View Full Version : Terrence Wheatley

sman1234
09-21-2008, 08:27 PM
Will Terrence Wheatley be the next Asante Samuel?

The Intimidator
09-21-2008, 08:37 PM
You ask a lot of open-ended questions. It's WAY too early to tell if Wheatley can be the next Samuel, mainly because for the first few years of his career, Asante Samuel was even Asante Samuel. In other words, he didn't really emerge until 2005, and didn't really become a top NFL corner until 2006. I can tell you that the Pats certainly like Wheatley, and they hope that he can become the next Samuel, but there are never any guarantees in the NFL.

ERLynx
09-22-2008, 01:09 PM
I havent seen him on the field this year. Has he been activated? Anyone got any info on what he's been up to?

bball11588
09-22-2008, 01:15 PM
Why not go after Jeff Garcia? He is conservative and a winner. He has the experience and with the right team (The New England Patriots) Garcia could thrive. The Pats are on the buy week and now is as good a time as any to make a move. Garcia is the third string quarterback in Tampa. He couldn't be worth more than a 5th round pick. Garcia wants to win now.

The Intimidator
09-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Why not go after Jeff Garcia? He is conservative and a winner. He has the experience and with the right team (The New England Patriots) Garcia could thrive. The Pats are on the buy week and now is as good a time as any to make a move. Garcia is the third string quarterback in Tampa. He couldn't be worth more than a 5th round pick. Garcia wants to win now.

Please post questions like this in the appropriate thread.

futureheisman
09-30-2008, 07:57 PM
i tihnk he will be good but that good???

BRADY4MVP
10-01-2008, 09:49 AM
he already is in my madden season..... decided to start him over webster or bryant....... get that rating UP!

ERLynx
10-01-2008, 01:20 PM
webster and bryant. oof.

GhostoLaneK
10-01-2008, 04:20 PM
I think he has been playing ok but Asante is one of the best in the NFL.

BRADY4MVP
10-01-2008, 04:37 PM
webster and bryant. oof.

yea no kidding........

so does anyone know the status of that CB from the Raiders (sp?) Nymugh Asanwasklfjdaslfkjdsfa you know who i am talking about

i know that he signed a franchise tender this year...is he a free agent next year??? webster and bryant werent good enough for madden, nevermind real life. We certainly do NOT want that situation to roll into next year..... and i am NOT SOLD ON HOBBS

The Intimidator
10-01-2008, 07:57 PM
yea no kidding........

so does anyone know the status of that CB from the Raiders (sp?) Nymugh Asanwasklfjdaslfkjdsfa you know who i am talking about

i know that he signed a franchise tender this year...is he a free agent next year??? webster and bryant werent good enough for madden, nevermind real life. We certainly do NOT want that situation to roll into next year..... and i am NOT SOLD ON HOBBS

It's Nnamdi Asomugha, and IMO he's the best CB in the NFL right now. I would love to see the Pats go out and get him this offseason, because he will be a free agent after the season unless Oakland franchises him again. I highly doubt that we will get him though, we never really break the bank for FA's.

kbjohnson26
10-02-2008, 12:56 PM
I don't see the Pats going after N.A. either. Especially the amount of dollars that will be thrown to him. I also agree about Asante. He sat for a few years before he really broke-out. We will not know about wheatley for a few more years. I can see the Pats using another 2nd rounder next year on a another CB.

BRADY4MVP
10-02-2008, 03:13 PM
It's Nnamdi Asomugha, and IMO he's the best CB in the NFL right now. I would love to see the Pats go out and get him this offseason, because he will be a free agent after the season unless Oakland franchises him again. I highly doubt that we will get him though, we never really break the bank for FA's.

thanks, too lazy to look up the spelling....and yea he is nasty....but even better than Champ Bailey?

maybe we take one in the 1st round this year?? i mean, obv. our pick wont be as good as it was going to be with tb....?

The Intimidator
10-02-2008, 07:26 PM
thanks, too lazy to look up the spelling....and yea he is nasty....but even better than Champ Bailey?

maybe we take one in the 1st round this year?? i mean, obv. our pick wont be as good as it was going to be with tb....?

Yeah, he's better than Bailey IMO. Bailey's a bit past his prime at this point, but Asomugha is getting into his best years.

ERLynx
10-10-2008, 09:24 AM
We saw with Samuel that BB/SP don't pay for defensive backs. There's 0 chance Asomugha comes here. I'd love to see it too, guys, but it won't happen.

The Intimidator
10-10-2008, 09:43 AM
We saw with Samuel that BB/SP don't pay for defensive backs. There's 0 chance Asomugha comes here. I'd love to see it too, guys, but it won't happen.

Yeah, but you can always speculate.

ERLynx
10-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Ha you know that speculation is my specialty.

The Intimidator
10-10-2008, 11:09 AM
It's the best remedy to these blah weeks when we don't have much to discuss...except the SOX!!!!

bagwell368
10-10-2008, 11:28 AM
#1 I think Philly will be sorry they ever signed Asante before its done, he's good, but he's not worth that contract.

#2 We have broke the bank on FA players - Thomas is exhibit #1, that was a very big deal.

#3 I like TW, I think he can make it into the top 15-25 CB's in the league in 3 years or so.

The Pats like having a Law during most of his big years, but they won't pay him, the front 7 is where the heart of the team is from a player, investment, and coaching emphasis standpoint - don't expect any big buck CB's being signed - ever.

The Intimidator
10-10-2008, 02:09 PM
#1 I think Philly will be sorry they ever signed Asante before its done, he's good, but he's not worth that contract.

#2 We have broke the bank on FA players - Thomas is exhibit #1, that was a very big deal.

#3 I like TW, I think he can make it into the top 15-25 CB's in the league in 3 years or so.

The Pats like having a Law during most of his big years, but they won't pay him, the front 7 is where the heart of the team is from a player, investment, and coaching emphasis standpoint - don't expect any big buck CB's being signed - ever.

Good call. I somehow forgot about the Thomas signing.

ERLynx
10-10-2008, 06:19 PM
How could you forget about the Thomas signing! Oh man, I remember how stoked BB was when that went through. I'm not sure I feel that he was worth THAT much money, but I'm very glad we have him. I wouldnt want him to be anywhere else, I mean. Especially Philadelphia.

I live in Phila and I cant stand the stupid eagles. And I think it's the Phillies year. Red Hot.

ERLynx
10-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Manny just hit a 3 run jack. i know this isnt the right place, but jeez, when he wants to play, he's really something else.

bosox1899
10-10-2008, 06:31 PM

Thomas is versatile and we actually got him for cheaper than what he could have gotten from other teams, plus the patriots put more money in their DL and LB core than their DBs anyways

The Intimidator
10-11-2008, 09:49 AM
How could you forget about the Thomas signing! Oh man, I remember how stoked BB was when that went through. I'm not sure I feel that he was worth THAT much money, but I'm very glad we have him. I wouldnt want him to be anywhere else, I mean. Especially Philadelphia.

I live in Phila and I cant stand the stupid eagles. And I think it's the Phillies year. Red Hot.

Well, of course I didn't forget that we had him...how could I? It just kind of slipped my mind that he was a recent FA acquisition because he has blended in so nicely with this team.