PDA

View Full Version : When will the pats put in Kevin O'Connell

sman1234
09-21-2008, 05:09 PM
Kevin O'Connell is much better then cassel and more athletic so why wont they put him in

elements1985
09-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Kevin O'Connell is much better then cassel and more athletic so why wont they put him in

Primarily because he's a rookie, and doesn't know the system as well as Cassel. We might be a little overreacting here, seeing that it was the defense that blew today's game. But if Cassel's red zone offense continues to be the way it is, why not give the rookie a try? I agree.

sman1234
09-21-2008, 05:43 PM
ya but O'connell can i think he can lead this team over cassel because he is a leader and he can make big plays

The Intimidator
09-21-2008, 05:44 PM
This game was on the defense. They absolutely sucked. If the game was closer, you don't know what Cassel could have done. Let's not overreact here. We sucked huge ones today, so let's just **** it out and look ahead to San Fran, who we're playing after the bye week.

sman1234
09-21-2008, 05:52 PM
Even if our defense was solid i dont think matt cassel can lead the pats i mean im mean he wasnt getting touchdowns he was getting the pats three points instead of 7 i believe O'connell can get us touchdowns

Wake's Fastball
09-21-2008, 05:53 PM
This game was on the defense. They absolutely sucked. If the game was closer, you don't know what Cassel could have done. Let's not overreact here. We sucked huge ones today, so let's just **** it out and look ahead to San Fran, eho we're playing after the bye week.

I'm not ready to blame the loss entirely on the defense. Sure, that was a large part of it, but the Dolphins came into the game having allowed 51 points to the Cardinals and Jets. Our only touchdown came from Hobbs' 81-yard return, and one of our FGs came from a somewhat irrelevant-to-the-play penalty call for illegal contact. Our defense was miserable today, but the offense was just as bad, if not worse.

sman1234
09-21-2008, 05:56 PM
so who would u rather have matt cassel or kevin O'connell

bagwell368
09-21-2008, 05:58 PM
The Miami game plan was really good. The Pats didn't play well on D. It is a different game if Cassel isn't called in the grasp, is it not?

In Bill I trust, if he thinks the kid is ready or better, we'll see him. Until then, this is all conjecture.

sman1234
09-21-2008, 06:10 PM
well someone please tell Bill belichick to take out cassel and put in the rookie

ERLynx
09-21-2008, 06:12 PM
well someone please tell Bill belichick to take out cassel and put in the rookie

ok let me get my cellphone and dial him up.

The Intimidator
09-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Exactly, and I don't think that two games is a fair assessment for Cassel either. I hate to bring it up, but in 2001, Brady won his first start against Indy, putting up eerily similar numbers as Cassel. The next game was against Miami, and the Pats lost 30-10. Again, an eerily similar score to today's game. This all means nothing right now, I'm just saying that the Pats didn't sit down Brady after two not so amazing games, they let him adjust and become a good starter. Now, if Cassel plays like crap the next 2 or 3 games and the Pats are 3-3 or worse, feel free to bring up this post and I will admit that I was wrong. But just listen to me now, the Matt Cassel era will resume when we play San Fran on October 5th.

sman1234
09-21-2008, 06:16 PM
ya well in 2001 tom brady didnt have the weapons matt cassel has tom brady didnt have randy moss or wes welker

The Intimidator
09-21-2008, 06:41 PM
ya well in 2001 tom brady didnt have the weapons matt cassel has tom brady didnt have randy moss or wes welker

Then we're in a better position than we were in 2001. Thank you for not only proving my point but for also making it look better. :D

sman1234
09-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Ya but Matt Cassel is not as smart as tom brady and doesnt have an arm like brady and never makes a good decision

The Intimidator
09-21-2008, 07:04 PM
Ya but Matt Cassel is not as smart as tom brady and doesnt have an arm like brady and never makes a good decision

Brady in 2001 was just as raw, if not more, than Cassel is now. Brady was in his 2nd season at the time, and was not the great decision maker that he is right now. cassel is in his 4th season, so at the very least, he has more seasoning than Brady had in 2001.

elements1985
09-21-2008, 07:11 PM
While I do think the defense was largely to blame, the red zone offense didn't help much. That's killing this team. But the bottom line is that the Patriots have a very complex offense, and it's naive to think that O'Connell can just be plugged right in. He doesn't know the system yet. Maybe in time, but stick with Cassel for now.

Besides, I want Cassel to succeed. I want him to be the guy this year. If he is successful, it could mean a desperate team trading us a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him via trade. Take time to groom O'Connell. Don't get antsy, Cassel has talent.

sman1234
09-21-2008, 07:15 PM
i think brady might be done from the NFL i mean he really tore up his knee he wont come back so we have to look to the future O'connell

elements1985
09-21-2008, 07:30 PM
i think brady might be done from the NFL i mean he really tore up his knee he wont come back so we have to look to the future O'connell

Brady will be back, most definitely. My point is that if O'Connell is the future, you take your time to groom him.

Wake's Fastball
09-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Exactly, and I don't think that two games is a fair assessment for Cassel either. I hate to bring it up, but in 2001, Brady won his first start against Indy, putting up eerily similar numbers as Cassel. The next game was against Miami, and the Pats lost 30-10. Again, an eerily similar score to today's game. This all means nothing right now, I'm just saying that the Pats didn't sit down Brady after two not so amazing games, they let him adjust and become a good starter. Now, if Cassel plays like crap the next 2 or 3 games and the Pats are 3-3 or worse, feel free to bring up this post and I will admit that I was wrong. But just listen to me now, the Matt Cassel era will resume when we play San Fran on October 5th.

Cassel played miserably in the preseason as well. He's also had four years to learn the system, as opposed to the one that Brady had at the time. The part that bothers me about Cassel is that it's not anything new that's been hurting him. He's entirely capable of making the throws, but he's never, in four years, shown any signs of poise under pressure in the pocket, and that's what his glaring weakness has been in the past two games.

The Intimidator
09-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Cassel played miserably in the preseason as well. He's also had four years to learn the system, as opposed to the one that Brady had at the time. The part that bothers me about Cassel is that it's not anything new that's been hurting him. He's entirely capable of making the throws, but he's never, in four years, shown any signs of poise under pressure in the pocket, and that's what his glaring weakness has been in the past two games.

I hear you, I'm just saying that two games is too early to judge Cassel on.

bagwell368
09-21-2008, 08:04 PM

never? he looked out of sync on 3 plays that i saw. what were you looking at. Brady lost his 2nd start against Miami in 2001 and didn't look very good doing it, people called for his head too.

sman1234
09-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Do u think O'connell will start this year and yes when

ERLynx
09-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Do u think O'connell will start this year and yes when

Are you related to him?

Wake's Fastball
09-21-2008, 08:19 PM
I hear you, I'm just saying that two games is too early to judge Cassel on.

Understandable, and I don't know about others, but I'm saying I'm drawing my frustrations from his time here as a whole, not just the two games.

elements1985
09-21-2008, 08:28 PM

Is this Kevin O'Connell?

sman1234
09-21-2008, 08:31 PM
No but i have seen him play since college and i think he is very talented and he played on a team with a bad offensive lineman and not so good wide receivers and he has done well i mean the he has played more then cassel has. Cassel hasnt started since high school Kevin O'Connell has been a starter for San Diego state for four years and was the captain all four years

The Intimidator
09-21-2008, 08:39 PM
Yes, we know O'Connell's bio. Just because he was a four year captain doesn't mean that he can just step in and lead us to a Super Bowl. So no, I don't think that O'Connell will start a game this season.

elements1985
09-21-2008, 08:59 PM
No but i have seen him play since college and i think he is very talented and he played on a team with a bad offensive lineman and not so good wide receivers and he has done well i mean the he has played more then cassel has. Cassel hasnt started since high school Kevin O'Connell has been a starter for San Diego state for four years and was the captain all four years

You're right, O'Connell's O-Line was terrible at SDSU. He also probably has more potential than Cassel as well. The point, however, is that he doesn't know the system in its entirety yet. But if Cassel's red-zone performance doesn't improve, and this team has trouble beating the 49ers, I'd elect to put him in.

Vthockeydad
09-21-2008, 09:04 PM
The Miami game plan was really good. The Pats didn't play well on D. It is a different game if Cassel isn't called in the grasp, is it not?

In Bill I trust, if he thinks the kid is ready or better, we'll see him. Until then, this is all conjecture.

Exactly !! If Tom Brady played today, the Patriots would have lost. The defense never showed up. I think O'Connell will be good, but he has a lot to learn before he starts/

IceMan360
09-21-2008, 09:49 PM
i'm not feeling the whole O'connell man love like u bro. Its kinda mad early to throw cassell under the bus after one bad start. Who knows he might surprise us and put up big numbers against SanFran.

TheShowzOver
09-21-2008, 09:53 PM
Why didn't we snag Chris Simms? I always thought he was pretty solid

BTownTeamsRKing
09-21-2008, 10:07 PM
o'connel is not the answer for this year. get a veteran

sman1234
09-21-2008, 10:12 PM
Ya Kevin O'Connell can step in i mean look at Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco

BTownTeamsRKing
09-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Ya Kevin O'Connell can step in i mean look at Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco

DO NOT compare O'Connel to Matt Ryan.

no way is he close to Ryan right now. O'Connel is a project and this is not his time.

i dont want to waste this year, GET A VETERAN or risk losing the team. u can see they started losing it this game. dont make a loss worse than it is, fix your mistakes (a rookie QB) and move on. anything else is foolish and unnecessary

sman1234
09-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Ok then when do u think he will start

trucolorz91
09-21-2008, 10:44 PM
I say start O' Connell A.S.A.P. He has the ability to be a solid NFL quarterback and has the leadership qualities to take over this team. Cassell has strugled with every oppurtunity he has gotten and he shouldnt be playin football all together. Yes he had a good first game, against THE worst team in the entire NFL and we barely won by a last minute stand by our defense. Even the game against the jets he didnt do much but short passes but realy the defense kept us in this game. The only reason we got so beat up on defense today is because Cassel couldnt do anything on offense so are defense was on the field all day, getting tired, and weaker. We know we dont have the same scoring team as last year but comon we should be able to score atleast one or two touchdowns when we have Randy Moss and Wes Welker. He cant control the game, cant score, and makes tons of terrible mistakes. O' Connell outshined him by far in the preseason and I think its time for him to step up and take over. Worked for rookies Matt Ryan, and Joe Flacco.

The Intimidator
09-21-2008, 10:45 PM
He's not going to start! Everyone in this forum keeps telling you that they don't think that he's going to start! Get it through your head that no one besides you thinks that O'Connell should be starting games, regadless of what he did at San Diego State. Jeez!

sman1234
09-21-2008, 10:51 PM
He's not going to start! Everyone in this forum keeps telling you that they don't think that he's going to start! Get it through your head that no one besides you thinks that O'Connell should be starting games, regadless of what he did at San Diego State. Jeez!

what are u talking about there someone else who agrees with me u will see this year he will play

The Intimidator
09-21-2008, 10:56 PM
what are u talking about there someone else who agrees with me u will see this and i will tell u i do u so

First of all dude, learn English. It's our language. Second of all, that guy is the first person to agree with you. Third of all, stop jumping ship after one game. If the Pats had won today, then you wouldn't have created this thread. They lost because of bad defense today.

sman1234
09-21-2008, 10:58 PM
and the reason why the defense sucked is because they where on the field the whole game

The Intimidator
09-21-2008, 11:00 PM
and the reason why the defense sucked is because they where on the field the whole game

No the defense was bad because they fell for the same trick play 5 times, and were unbelieveably sloppy when it came to actually making tackles.

bagwell368
09-21-2008, 11:17 PM
No the defense was bad because they fell for the same trick play 5 times, and were unbelieveably sloppy when it came to actually making tackles.

damn right! Coaching and the D were both more responsible for this loss then Cassel, and oh yeah that crap in the grasp call.

you guys remind me of Red Sox fans before winning the '04 WS, but we have 3 rings, so all of a sudden BB is a doddering idiot that needs advice from people on this board?

Goodness what egos.

The Intimidator
09-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Exactly man. Belichick has no idea what he's doing. :D We should give his job to sman1234.

BTownTeamsRKing
09-21-2008, 11:20 PM
fine the defense lost the game today, but can Cassel pass? its very simple, yes or no?

The Intimidator
09-21-2008, 11:25 PM
And just some more food for thought for the Kevin O'Connell fan club: All of his time came against the opposing team's scrubs.

BTownTeamsRKing
09-21-2008, 11:29 PM
i have posted the question 3 times and no answer. dont tell me u havent seen it. its very simple and if the answer is no then we need someone else.

bagwell368
09-21-2008, 11:41 PM
Cassel first three games in '08:

#1 13 for 18; 152 yards; 72.2 Comp; 1 TD; 0 INT; 116.0 rating
#2 16 for 23; 165 yards; 69.6 Comp; 0 TD; 0 INT; 89.9 rating
#3 19 for 31; 131 yards; 61.3 Comp; 1 TD; 1 INT; ~75 rating

Brady in '01:

#1 05 for 10; 46 yards; 0 TD; 0 INT; 50%; 62.9 rating
#2 13 for 23; 168 yards; 0 TD; 0 INT; 56.5%; 79.6 rating
#3 12 for 24; 86 yards; 0 TD; 0 INT; 50%; 58.7 rating

Basically Cassel is much more productive then Brady was early on. You could talk about better offensive players, and that's true, but the Pats are a target now, and then they were just some scrappy team nobody thought about.

I can only imagine what you guys were saying about Brady then - bring back Plunkett!! Or maybe you were still in knickers.

bagwell368
09-21-2008, 11:42 PM
i have posted the question 3 times and no answer. dont tell me u havent seen it. its very simple and if the answer is no then we need someone else.

yeah sure from your lips to BB's ***...

BTownTeamsRKing
09-21-2008, 11:48 PM
im as loyal to our team and coaches and ownership as anyone, but damn we have some real illogical defenders here.

take BB's advice, theres always room to improve and your making it sound like we are a perfect team and we ae from that.

sman1234
09-22-2008, 02:11 AM
The Intimidator we will see who does better at QB

NYMETS6986
09-22-2008, 02:41 AM
we are all spoiled from last year's offense and brady's amazing year. we all knew a loss would come eventually, i never thought in a million years it would be from the dolphins but they owned us and im happy the loss happened now going into a bye week so belichick can kick everyones ***** into gear! cassel needs a couple more starts under his belt before we really give up on him, i still think he has some promise....

J-E-T-S
09-22-2008, 03:12 AM
O'Connell is a project. Only you and the Kansas City Chefs think he is starting material as 3rd rounder.

DaaBoTownSox
09-22-2008, 03:53 AM

My guess is he will get a couple starts by the end of the year. 1 or 2 more games like tonight and he's in I would think.

bagwell368
09-22-2008, 07:02 AM
im as loyal to our team and coaches and ownership as anyone, but damn we have some real illogical defenders here.

take BB's advice, theres always room to improve and your making it sound like we are a perfect team and we ae from that.

Perfect is relative. Right now BB has the best guys he and Pioli can assemble given the cap. Vegas told you what the Pats chances are w/o Brady, not so good. Is Cassel Bishop, and is the kid Brady? If BB thought so, then we'd see the kid. Maybe if we are losing all the tough games, and end up at 5-7 towards the end, then Cassel gets the sack. Right now Bruschi looks like the next candidate to get demoted.

Patsfan56
09-22-2008, 08:08 AM
Cassel first three games in '08:

#1 13 for 18; 152 yards; 72.2 Comp; 1 TD; 0 INT; 116.0 rating
#2 16 for 23; 165 yards; 69.6 Comp; 0 TD; 0 INT; 89.9 rating
#3 19 for 31; 131 yards; 61.3 Comp; 1 TD; 1 INT; ~75 rating

Brady in '01:

#1 05 for 10; 46 yards; 0 TD; 0 INT; 50%; 62.9 rating
#2 13 for 23; 168 yards; 0 TD; 0 INT; 56.5%; 79.6 rating
#3 12 for 24; 86 yards; 0 TD; 0 INT; 50%; 58.7 rating

Basically Cassel is much more productive then Brady was early on. You could talk about better offensive players, and that's true, but the Pats are a target now, and then they were just some scrappy team nobody thought about.

I can only imagine what you guys were saying about Brady then - bring back Plunkett!! Or maybe you were still in knickers.

:laugh:

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I think it was Grogan. With the neck brace.

BTownTeamsRKing
09-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Perfect is relative. Right now BB has the best guys he and Pioli can assemble given the cap. Vegas told you what the Pats chances are w/o Brady, not so good. Is Cassel Bishop, and is the kid Brady? If BB thought so, then we'd see the kid. Maybe if we are losing all the tough games, and end up at 5-7 towards the end, then Cassel gets the sack. Right now Bruschi looks like the next candidate to get demoted.

im no coach, player, FO personel, not even a ball boy, but answer this,

What is the point of waiting for Cassel to develope when u can get someone with experience who has been there before and has a better chance of leading this team?

Cassel is not our future QB.

Kinzpga
09-22-2008, 11:27 AM
While I do think the defense was largely to blame, the red zone offense didn't help much. That's killing this team. But the bottom line is that the Patriots have a very complex offense, and it's naive to think that O'Connell can just be plugged right in. He doesn't know the system yet. Maybe in time, but stick with Cassel for now.

Besides, I want Cassel to succeed. I want him to be the guy this year. If he is successful, it could mean a desperate team trading us a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him via trade. Take time to groom O'Connell. Don't get antsy, Cassel has talent.

Considering Cassel is a free agent after this season, trading him won't be an option.

You've got to give him some time, but hes not getting much of a chance since the play calling has called for nothing but passes of 10 yards and less. The oposition knows thats the game plan and they are stuffing 9 guys inside the box. Unless they allow him to open up the offense we will see a lot of the same things all year. Boring football!

D really needs to step up for this team to be a playoff contender.

I disagree with the post saying we would have lost this with Brady. You never know how the defense reacts in a different situation. They would have been off the field a lot more, and we would have scored a hell of a lot more points than we did yesterday.

Holding my breath!!! Go Pats!

bagwell368
09-22-2008, 11:42 AM

What is the point of waiting for Cassel to develope when u can get someone with experience who has been there before and has a better chance of leading this team?

How do you know? After 3 games in '01 Brady looked like the definition of a fill in. How many good thru excellent QB's are playing right now in the NFL? 11? 13? It's less then 20 IMO. OK, so call it 20. The other 12 teams have missed out on a better QB then they have in house? Maybe 2-3 teams fit that bill. What about the rest? How many guys sitting (newer draft picks) will ever go from 2-3-4 on the depth charts to being one of these 20 guys in the future? 4? 6? 3?

So all these teams with all these resources and experience can't find a good QB, what makes you think they are just sitting on the beach in S. Cal waiting for a call?

Also, the Pats system demands that the QB and receivers be able to recognize minute changes before and during the play, and alter the called play when needed. You think someone like Culpepper who never played like that, and shows no ability along those lines can suddenly master this? In a week, 2 weeks? I say he masters it never. I say that our young QB does have a higher ceiling then Cassel, but he isn't ready. You want to risk injury to his body or his psyche, not to mention probably less wins in the short term? For what? for the pleasure of saying "we did something to assuage your nerves"? Forget it, not worth it.

It may happen, we are at the bye, good time if any to do something, but I just don't see it. Get Seau back in here, Bruschi is vulnerable and is hurting the team more then Cassel did yesterday. That's the move I want.

The Intimidator
09-22-2008, 01:39 PM

Have you even considered what it would take to acquire a competant veteran QB? I mean, you talk about it like it's something that can be done in your sleep. If the QB you want is unemployed and on the streets, like Simms or Rattay, then there is a reason why no one else wants them on their roster. If the QB is on the streets, then he clearly isn't capable of leading an NFL offense. And if there's a guy that you want to trade for, such as Garcia, you have to consider what it would take to get him from the Bucs. They know that if we contact them it is out of desperation, so they would demand either another player or something like a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick. Do you want to mortgage the future for the slight possibility of winning 1 or 2 more playoff games? I would hope not.

BTownTeamsRKing
09-22-2008, 02:23 PM
How do you know? After 3 games in '01 Brady looked like the definition of a fill in. How many good thru excellent QB's are playing right now in the NFL? 11? 13? It's less then 20 IMO. OK, so call it 20. The other 12 teams have missed out on a better QB then they have in house? Maybe 2-3 teams fit that bill. What about the rest? How many guys sitting (newer draft picks) will ever go from 2-3-4 on the depth charts to being one of these 20 guys in the future? 4? 6? 3?

So all these teams with all these resources and experience can't find a good QB, what makes you think they are just sitting on the beach in S. Cal waiting for a call?

Also, the Pats system demands that the QB and receivers be able to recognize minute changes before and during the play, and alter the called play when needed. You think someone like Culpepper who never played like that, and shows no ability along those lines can suddenly master this? In a week, 2 weeks? I say he masters it never. I say that our young QB does have a higher ceiling then Cassel, but he isn't ready. You want to risk injury to his body or his psyche, not to mention probably less wins in the short term? For what? for the pleasure of saying "we did something to assuage your nerves"? Forget it, not worth it.

It may happen, we are at the bye, good time if any to do something, but I just don't see it. Get Seau back in here, Bruschi is vulnerable and is hurting the team more then Cassel did yesterday. That's the move I want.

i know that becuz we drafted O'Connell with a 3rd round pick. i know its difficult to master tha Pats system, but the fact is Cassel couldnt make 1 good throw yesterday.

WE HAVE NO OFFENSE. Our best weapon yesterday was Sammy Morris. Unless they let Cassel start to try airing it out for a few 50 yard passes to Moss, then they ae going to pack the box on Cassel and the run game.

What has Cassel shown in 4 years that gives u confidence in him? nothing. he has hardly progressed at all since his rookie year.

Tarheelguy1967
09-22-2008, 03:34 PM
I don't think O'Connell is the answer and he's not ready, but those of you defending Cassell and comparing him to Brady's first few starts are way off. The weapons on the offensive side of the ball are completely revamped and much improved than what Brady had, so not a fair comparison. I'm not calling for O'Connell to start, although if they don't pick up a quality veteran (which I don't think they will - who's available?) then I bet O'Connell will get some starts before the end of the season. And while Tom Brady might not have won the game yesterday, he would have at least given the defense some rest at some point and would have made it a much closer game. Cassell has only made one throw that impressed me (deep pass to Moss during the KC game). Obviously, the coaching staff isn't confident in him given his short attempts. I think, unless Cassell makes a miraculous advancement that he hasn't shown at any point w/ the Pats (remember, he barely missed getting cut this year), I think we are likely in for a very mediocre season. But, the defense sure showed its age yesterday, and we certainly have some long-term work to do on that side of the ball as well. But I just don'e see Cassell as a guy who can take this team to the playoffs - the S.F. game should tell us a lot, but I'm not at all confident. Hope I'm wrong!

bagwell368
09-22-2008, 05:32 PM
i know that becuz we drafted O'Connell with a 3rd round pick. i know its difficult to master tha Pats system, but the fact is Cassel couldnt make 1 good throw yesterday.

WE HAVE NO OFFENSE. Our best weapon yesterday was Sammy Morris. Unless they let Cassel start to try airing it out for a few 50 yard passes to Moss, then they ae going to pack the box on Cassel and the run game.

What has Cassel shown in 4 years that gives u confidence in him? nothing. he has hardly progressed at all since his rookie year.

He couldn't make one good throw? He made more then 1. Could he have made more, sure. Remember the Pats in Denver in Jan '06, they had like 5 turnovers, what did you say after that game? Plow the team into the ground, it's junk?

In '01 Brady threw short, and kept it short. There was no Moss, but they didn't want him to air it out, and that's what they did.

4 years? If Bledsoe played like Brady, then the same would have been asked of Brady because you never would have seen him.

Face it, you made up your mind on your position, and are not willing to enter into an honest debate, you just want to b***h and complain, and sputter. Have at it.

bagwell368
09-22-2008, 05:43 PM
I don't think O'Connell is the answer and he's not ready, but those of you defending Cassell and comparing him to Brady's first few starts are way off. The weapons on the offensive side of the ball are completely revamped and much improved than what Brady had, so not a fair comparison. I'm not calling for O'Connell to start, although if they don't pick up a quality veteran (which I don't think they will - who's available?) then I bet O'Connell will get some starts before the end of the season. And while Tom Brady might not have won the game yesterday, he would have at least given the defense some rest at some point and would have made it a much closer game. Cassell has only made one throw that impressed me (deep pass to Moss during the KC game). Obviously, the coaching staff isn't confident in him given his short attempts. I think, unless Cassell makes a miraculous advancement that he hasn't shown at any point w/ the Pats (remember, he barely missed getting cut this year), I think we are likely in for a very mediocre season. But, the defense sure showed its age yesterday, and we certainly have some long-term work to do on that side of the ball as well. But I just don'e see Cassell as a guy who can take this team to the playoffs - the S.F. game should tell us a lot, but I'm not at all confident. Hope I'm wrong!

I'm sorry. The comparison is not way off. As I said the Pats are a target. Cassel like Brady was an understudy not taking many snaps, and then he got the job. BB seems to believe in baby steps before anything bigger. Back in '01 they were coming off a 5-11 season with a 6th rounder playing QB, and managed to get to a 5-5 record after 10 games. That's close enough to draw parallels even if does render your argument untenable at the moment. If the Pats go 8-8 and Cassel throws 13 TD's and 17 INT's then yeah, he can't hack it probably. What if they go 10-6 and he goes 17 TD's with 10 INT's, what say then?

How do you know he barely missed getting cut? Show me evidence. He wasn't but the other vet was, that's one guy he beat out in the depth chart. A 3rd round kid with promise that was thought by most draftniks to be a reach isn't automatically better then Cassel either - not yet anyway. If he was, he'd be playing. Personally the pick he threw yesterday is the only bad play he had IMO. He clearly was trying to make something happen, he should have tossed it and taken the FG. The other "bad" passes (two of them) were because there was a cross up (probably his) in reading the D, not cause he can't throw the ball.

Where do you people get this stuff? Defense showing its age... Nonsense. Bruschi is the only one. Harrison has been a stud, and everyone else is 32 or younger. They game planned for the wrong game. The coaches didn't adjust, it may have been BB's worst coached game in Foxboro. I'm all for getting Seau in here to job share w/ Bruschi to try and minimize exposure at that position, but we need another Mayo shot in the arm next year. I do not think there is a Mayo laying about waiting for a call - but I'n sure some of you do.

joes8888
09-22-2008, 07:35 PM
PUT HIM IN.

I live in San Diego, and watched this kid. He's a PHENOM.

He can stand up and throw like Brady. He can outrun DBs. He's amazing. If you had anyone besides Brady I would have been saying to do this before the injury...

[Go Chargers!]

BTownTeamsRKing
09-22-2008, 09:53 PM
PUT HIM IN.

I live in San Diego, and watched this kid. He's a PHENOM.

He can stand up and throw like Brady. He can outrun DBs. He's amazing. If you had anyone besides Brady I would have been saying to do this before the injury...

[Go Chargers!]

are u being sarcastic or is he really that good? i never heard of him before the Patriots drafted him.

he was my original pick in preseason to be the #2 QB.

bagwell368
09-22-2008, 10:53 PM
are u being sarcastic or is he really that good? i never heard of him before the Patriots drafted him.

He's got one post, and he comes on to the Pats board? Probably just some knee jerk anti Cassel Pats fan, don't get too excited.

BTownTeamsRKing
09-22-2008, 11:07 PM
He's got one post, and he comes on to the Pats board? Peobably just some knee jerk anti Cassel Pats fan, don't get too excited.

with the most generic name ever joe8888 wow

didnt notice it before

torrance
09-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Cassel is the man this year (like it or not). He'll improve as the year goes on. I would like to see them throw long a bit more to open up the field, which I have to believe they eventually will. My main concern with the offense is in the red zone where it's a lot tougher. The only way O'Connell gets in is if Cassel starts playing like...like Brett Favre is tonight. Ha!

The Intimidator
09-23-2008, 12:45 AM
Welcome to PSD, man.

Shock & Awe....
09-23-2008, 02:23 AM
Why?

bagwell368
09-23-2008, 11:07 AM
Cassel is the man this year (like it or not). He'll improve as the year goes on. I would like to see them throw long a bit more to open up the field, which I have to believe they eventually will. My main concern with the offense is in the red zone where it's a lot tougher. The only way O'Connell gets in is if Cassel starts playing like...like Brett Favre is tonight. Ha!

Ahhh.. now that is a post and a set of concerns I can get behind. No chicken little - sure, I'm concerned. And the two smartest football minds ever to man the positions of Head Coach & GM (or almost GM) have combed over all the flotsam and jetsam, and the "magic" QB hasn't been found... because he doesn't exist. Maybe last year, maybe next year, maybe in 4 weeks. If we get to the game after the bye w/ Cassel then only injury or extremely bad play is going to oust him this year. What he has done so far is about what could be expected and is a long way from bad play. 9 for 23 with 0 TD and 2 INT, that would be bad play. AIn't seen one of those yet. We just got done w/ (not including the late season outdoor bad weather games) the best QB year of all time. You have to set your standards lower, Brady isn't coming through the door this year.

pickitchewit
10-04-2008, 12:21 PM

I'm (unfortunately) an Aztec season ticket holder and SDSU alum. I think O'Connell's a terrific prospect; he's smart... he's composed... he's fast and can run... and he's got a decent arm. But, the kid is no savior. He couldn't save the Aztecs from being one of the worst teams in college football. He needs to watch & learn from the sidelines and let the Pat's winning culture soak-in. Remember, at SDSU he lost more games than he's won.

Again, he's a terrific prospect... but, it's been awhile since he's played for a winning program.

I wish him and Harrison success, but for the rest of the Pat's... I still hate you guys! :)

Go Chargers!!!

doesntmatter1
10-04-2008, 05:25 PM
i would like to have seen connel in at the beginning of the season. When cassel was first drafted i liked the energy he brought while watching him play in the preseason but he has some major problems that is not present in the rookie at this time. After watching every game cassel has played in the preseason i have noticed that he has never learned how to move in the pocket(at all). Brady is one of the best i have ever seen at moving in the pocket without having the ability to actually run fast like other quarterbacks such as romo. Cassel can actually run and still doesn't make plays because he is indecisive and takes(like a hore lol) many avoidable sacks. He also eyes his targets. Lastly, this is the one that actually pisses me off: Cassel looks scared to throw the deep ball. I at first thought it was the play calling not letting him throw it deep but after watching countless preseason games i see receivers going deep and he doesn't even attempt it not even this year but soon as O'Connel got in the game he threw a deep ball(looked like 35-40 yard bomb) to Chad Jackson for a touchdown and attempted many other times and that was when it was official that Cassel is to much of a ***** to go deep and turns him into a one dimensional player that gives defenders the benefit of playing only press coverage and close to the line of scrimmage and eliminates the threat of moss. Even brady threw short passes to moss but now he isnt getting any love and he may not be giving 100% on the field because there is no point and unless matt opens his game because he has a decent arm i call for oconnel immediately.

ERLynx
10-04-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm really over people using the argument that "the offensive weapons are revamped!" The situation with the Pats 2001 super bowl win is similar to last year's Giants team. They got hot, got comfortable with each other, and got determined. If the "talent" on the field was paramount, the Patriots would not have lost the super bowl last year. the question remains whether Cassel can gain a rapport with his players, the psychic premonitions of where they are going to be, when they need to be there. Maybe O'Connell could do a better job at it, and maybe he couldnt. But the talent of his offensive weapons is irrelevant.

The Intimidator
10-04-2008, 07:57 PM
I thought this thread was dead...

ERLynx
10-04-2008, 11:20 PM
so did i brother.

sman1234
10-05-2008, 01:13 AM
be quiet man everyone knows Kevin O'Connell is a better solution then Matt Cassel

The Intimidator
10-05-2008, 01:53 PM
No, I'm pretty sure that only you and a few other people have that opinion. I'm pretty sure that you base that opinion on the fact that O'Connell started at his college and Cassel didn't, right? Well, what you must consider in that case is that Cassel could have started if he went to almost any other school besides USC. If Cassel had gone somewhere like San Diego State, he probably would have started and put up great numbers. Also, you have to consider that Cassel started all of the preseason games, so once O'Connell came in, he was facing the opposing team's 2nd or 3rd team defenses. Did he outperform Cassel statistically? Sure, you could make the case for that. But put O'Connell in the same position that Cassel was in and you can be sure that he looks nothing but average.

sman1234
10-08-2008, 12:19 AM
No, I'm pretty sure that only you and a few other people have that opinion. I'm pretty sure that you base that opinion on the fact that O'Connell started at his college and Cassel didn't, right? Well, what you must consider in that case is that Cassel could have started if he went to almost any other school besides USC. If Cassel had gone somewhere like San Diego State, he probably would have started and put up great numbers. Also, you have to consider that Cassel started all of the preseason games, so once O'Connell came in, he was facing the opposing team's 2nd or 3rd team defenses. Did he outperform Cassel statistically? Sure, you could make the case for that. But put O'Connell in the same position that Cassel was in and you can be sure that he looks nothing but average.

Ya but Matt Cassel also played second and third teams in the preseason and he wasnt very good

bagwell368
10-08-2008, 07:00 AM
Don't confuse "ceiling" with what each can do today.

I believe that at the end of their careers that O'Connell will be seen as a more talented NFL QB that attained a higher level of play then Cassel. Part of that is raw talent, and part of that is bad timing for Cassel, caddy to other QB's for 7 years running.

However, today, right now, Cassel gives you a better chance to win. How do I know? BB says so.

Crickr
10-08-2008, 09:12 AM
[QUOTE=bagwell368;6930077]Don't confuse "ceiling" with what each can do today.

I believe that at the end of their careers that O'Connell will be seen as a more talented NFL QB that attained a higher level of play then Cassel. Part of that is raw talent, and part of that is bad timing for Cassel, caddy to other QB's for 7 years running.

However, today, right now, Cassel gives you a better chance to win. How do I know? BB says so.[/QUO

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

As much as I would like to see OcOnnel play I agree that Cassel is the man acording to BB and that is what we well see as long as he plays at the level that he is now.

The Intimidator
10-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Ya but Matt Cassel also played second and third teams in the preseason and he wasnt very good

No, the fact that Cassel started games means that he faced the best that those teams had to offer. What teams started their 2nd or 3rd team defenses in a preseason game? Very few. The starters played at least a few series, if not a full quarter, I promise you.

sman1234
10-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Bill Belichick take out Matt Cassel he is horrible he is not getting any TD only field Goals and we will not make the playoffs with just field goals give Kevin O'Connell a shot

Bean
10-12-2008, 10:19 PM
At this point, I'm done with Cassel. He lost his spot to an NFL back-up in college and now you expect me to believe he can lead the Pats to the playoffs with this performance against the worst passing defense in the NFL? Sorry, not buying it.

bagwell368
10-12-2008, 10:42 PM
OK, that's it. He's out IMO. Why:

#1. His timing is terrible
#2. His footwork in the pocket is awful (that BTW is the worst delayed draw/broken play goal line play I have ever seen (the 4th down one)
#3. He throws off his back foot all time
#4. He can't make the long throw (throws short and off line)
#5. He can't make the throw over the middle - he throws high or behind receivers
#6. A guy like Moss is both impatient and perfectionistic - how long before he starts to act out because Cassel sucks?

Bring on the kid - it's like Brady for Bledsoe in '01. The team has little chance of getting to the SB and winning, but, I think none w/ Cassel at the helm.

p.s. I vehemently disagree with several people on Moss's effort on two passes tonight - or lack of effort. He had no shot whatever at the dying quail at the goal line (you think he is 9' 11"?) nor that other one where the CB got his hand in, he had to slow down and stay compact, and the ball was deflected 8 inches from his hands - he is great, but there are limits.

Only Watson let Cassel down tonight. He threw behind Watson, but Watson faced him and got both hands on the throw and dropped it. I hate Watson, moreso because when they drafted him I thought he could be great.

sman1234
10-12-2008, 10:49 PM
I want them to get out matt cassell we need to tell people

Bean
10-12-2008, 11:12 PM
Again, Matt Cassel lost the starting job in college to a career NFL back-up. He didn't lose it to Jay Cutler or Matt Ryan... He lost it to Matt Leinhart who is never going to be a good NFL QB. Cassel is not a good QB, and he's not going to be on the Patriots next season. So why not put in O'Connell and see what he can do?

sman1234
10-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Yes thank you but why is Bill still kepping him in there is 2 minutes left

BTownTeamsRKing
10-12-2008, 11:17 PM
if your watching the second half and u say he is doing bad, then u just hate the guy and like to complain.

Bean
10-12-2008, 11:25 PM
if your watching the second half and u say he is doing bad, then u just hate the guy and like to complain.

He's playing against (stastically) the WORST PASS defense in the NFL this season. He's not a good QB, and the Patriots need to see what O'Connell can do.

BTownTeamsRKing
10-12-2008, 11:30 PM
He's playing against (stastically) the WORST PASS defense in the NFL this season. He's not a good QB, and the Patriots need to see what O'Connell can do.

they are not going to put o'connel.

we would have lost even with Brady. the defense was awful

sman1234
10-12-2008, 11:53 PM
Are Defense sucked because they where on the field the whole game

cmoneytakemoney
10-13-2008, 12:24 AM
Are Defense sucked because they where on the field the whole game

That's exactly right. The whole team lost confidence in Cassel and, he's not good enough to gain it back so, either Bill Bellichik has 52 pissed off players for the rest of the season or he benches Cassel. Any other starting QB in the NFL and even a few #2 QB's could easily lead this team to the playoffs except for Cassel. He's possibly the worst starting QB in football and wouldn't even be a 2nd string QB on 75% of the teams and, I think the coaching staff is realizing it. We should see Guiterrez or O'Connell starting real soon.

BTownTeamsRKing
10-13-2008, 01:13 AM
That's exactly right. The whole team lost confidence in Cassel and, he's not good enough to gain it back so, either Bill Bellichik has 52 pissed off players for the rest of the season or he benches Cassel. Any other starting QB in the NFL and even a few #2 QB's could easily lead this team to the playoffs except for Cassel. He's possibly the worst starting QB in football and wouldn't even be a 2nd string QB on 75% of the teams and, I think the coaching staff is realizing it. We should see Guiterrez or O'Connell starting real soon.

so how long was the defense on the field before the game started? bc they looked awful from the start. maybe im making too many excuses for cassel, but u r completely letting the defense off the hook and blaming cassel for the 30 points.

griff141
10-13-2008, 01:21 AM
The main problems we have on defense is lack of speed, and lack of a pass rush. Were just not fast enough, we need to get younger and that means guys like Bruschi gotta go. i hate to say it but it's becoming more and more of a reality.

sman1234
10-13-2008, 01:30 AM
so how long was the defense on the field before the game started? bc they looked awful from the start. maybe im making too many excuses for cassel, but u r completely letting the defense off the hook and blaming cassel for the 30 points.

Well the defense has no confidence there going to win because Matt Cassel sucks so stop defending him he should have wen to go play baseball maybe he would of been better off. I mean no on the team was even trying they want O'Connell because he is better then Cassel in all ways like he can run better he can throw farther he wont take a long in the pocket. Also, dont give me this crap of oh he is a rookie so what he was a 4 year starter at San Diego State and Cassel hasnt started in like 10 years.

BTownTeamsRKing
10-13-2008, 01:31 AM
The main problems we have on defense is lack of speed, and lack of a pass rush. Were just not fast enough, we need to get younger and that means guys like Bruschi gotta go. i hate to say it but it's becoming more and more of a reality.

absolutely. this is a business and we love what bruschi has done, but his time is up.

BTownTeamsRKing
10-13-2008, 01:34 AM
Well the defense has no confidence there going to win because Matt Cassel sucks so stop defending him he should have wen to go play baseball maybe he would of been better off. I mean no on the team was even trying they want O'Connell because he is better then Cassel in all ways like he can run better he can throw farther he wont take a long in the pocket. Also, dont give me this crap of oh he is a rookie so what he was a 4 year starter at San Diego State and Cassel hasnt started in like 10 years.

im not even saying o'connel is better or worse. all im saying is that u want to blame cassel for the defense's problems??

wow man, i hope our defense doesnt think like u. they have no confidence so they dont try?????

thats really a weak excuse and if its exactly true, then we have an attitude problem much bigger than Cassel.

JerseyBrave
10-13-2008, 02:44 AM
A good QB inspires other teammates to strive for their best, but when you have no confidence in your QB leading you to victory than you are defeated before you even start the game, and that is what happened today I believe, they are lost without their leader, and maybe they will find their heart when they have a QB who can more than do more then get sacked once every 7 pass attempts, not fumble the ball every time he gets hit, and maybe not under throw randy moss when he clearly has the CB's beat deep. O'Connel may not be ready for the starting job but this team is better off with a QB who has more intangibles, and O'Connel has way more talent then cassel, and how much worse could he do.

bagwell368
10-13-2008, 10:47 AM
It's amazing when people say the "Defense is slow".

Bruschi as I already pointed out is done, I'd rather go 4-3 or go w/ a kid then see him again - until his retirement ceremony.

O'Neil sucks, no wonder he was cut.

Sanders and Harrison are OK, but the D plan is very conservative. Harrison is of course still a great run stopper.

As for the other six of the front 7 - the line has been A-/B+ against the run. Thomas is in the wrong system, he needs to be let free, filling gaps isn't his game.

The team as it is constructed to mostly stay together though '12 - so it blows that we lost Brady. Good chance that the dynasty can't be extended. Time and luck are flowing against us.

MilledgeGomez
10-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Cassel sucks tho unlike Brady, when a play breaks down Cassel thinks hes mike vick and tries to run the ball instead of moving to space and finding a receiver

bosox1899
10-13-2008, 12:57 PM
did everyone forget Matt Gutierrez? At least give him a half a game to see what he can do, if he can cut the cheese than have at it BB, do what you want but BBs stubborness throughout last nights game is ridiculus, 4th quarter we re pretty much done and yet he wont give the back up an opportunity to show if he can be competant enough at QB bc obviously Cassel is out of his league in the NFL...now I agree with Btown, that the defense shouldnt be let off the hook but they gave the Offense opportunities in the beginning of the game to get back in it and Cassel as usual didnt do anything with it

cmoneytakemoney
10-13-2008, 01:31 PM

The defense looked good at the beginning of the game. They turned a sure TD into a FG with a great stand. It don't matter because Cassel needs to have alot more time consuming drives. This offense his too good to be going 3 and out and the defense is too old to be getting back on the field every 2 minutes.

BTownTeamsRKing
10-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Bagwell i agree with most of that, except AT will find his place in the defense. too good of a player.

Bruschi cant play anymore. its either our D-coordinator is so bad that his blitzes are useless or someone cant complete the play. Bruschi never gets to the QB. he is too slow now. time has passed him by and i hope the team that pus business over emotions realizes that.

cmoney, the defense looked terrible from the start. Gates dropped an easy TD thats why they only got a FG. Cassel is not the reason we lost.

if we had Brady, we woulda had to score 40 points to win that game.

sman1234
10-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Matt Cassell sucks without sammy morris

The Intimidator
10-20-2008, 09:48 PM
We're up 13-0 right now. Shut the hell up.

Patsfan56
10-20-2008, 10:02 PM
We're up 13-0 right now. Shut the hell up.

make that 20-0 in the first half. MC to RM!!! 8 seconds looks much better tonight.

The Intimidator
10-20-2008, 10:06 PM
make that 20-0 in the first half. MC to RM!!! 8 seconds looks much better tonight.

:cheers:

BTownTeamsRKing
10-21-2008, 12:22 AM
its important not to get too high or too low on Cassel. but he looked very good in this game with the help of the running game and the defense.

i stuck by him after the SD game, i knew wat i saw in him that game.

Great job Patriots!!!!

now on to stl

bosox1899
10-21-2008, 12:27 AM
even though he had a good game he was by far that good at all he was still average though he didnt throw an int, since he was throwing 5 yard lob passes which any QB could do, he still sucks imo but as long as our running game plays like tonight it wont matter

BTownTeamsRKing
10-21-2008, 12:38 AM
he does NOT suck. he is learning on the job and progressing game by game. he made some very nice throws and didnt leave TDs on the field. he is our QB, get used to it.

The Intimidator
10-21-2008, 12:41 AM
even though he had a good game he was by far that good at all he was still average though he didnt throw an int, since he was throwing 5 yard lob passes which any QB could do, he still sucks imo but as long as our running game plays like tonight it wont matter

He doesn't suck by any means.

bagwell368
10-21-2008, 07:23 AM
he does NOT suck. he is learning on the job and progressing game by game. he made some very nice throws and didnt leave TDs on the field. he is our QB, get used to it.

He did have some nice longer throws - Watson, Moss a few times.. he was more on target.

2-3 of the sacks were due to the OL not picking up the rush, but the others were due to Cassel being to slow to see, to slow to throw. The worst two were:

where the rusher missed him barely to his left, he stepped up and then started to lay out a picnic while looking in one direction only, and then got sacked by the same guy.

Then he had two guys coming at him, and instead of throwing it out of bounds around where a receiver should be to avoid a grounding call, he ate it for a six yard sack.

That was a really piss poor D playing away from home, don't get to excited just yet.

Crickr
10-21-2008, 08:53 AM
He did have some nice longer throws - Watson, Moss a few times.. he was more on target.

2-3 of the sacks were due to the OL not picking up the rush, but the others were due to Cassel being to slow to see, to slow to throw. The worst two were:

where the rusher missed him barely to his left, he stepped up and then started to lay out a picnic while looking in one direction only, and then got sacked by the same guy.

Then he had two guys coming at him, and instead of throwing it out of bounds around where a receiver should be to avoid a grounding call, he ate it for a six yard sack.

That was a really piss poor D playing away from home, don't get to excited just yet.

I agree . He still takes forever to throw and only looks at one receiver. He did this several times last night looking for Moss and the slot or TE ran an open p[atern and MC missing out on positive yardage. Denver's D was horible as was their O so i am not reading much in this victory yet.

bosox1899
10-21-2008, 09:53 AM

he threw 4 passes or whatever pass 10 yards just estimating on that on but my point is you cant say he made good passes especially when they are short yardage ones, the 2nd td he threw to Moss was at his feet but thankfully moss has good hands. I wouldn't say progressing that would imply that hes getting better after each game but hes good bad good bad, etc...lets see how he does next week

Patsfan56
10-21-2008, 01:47 PM

:laugh:

sman1234
11-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Ok matt cassell is doing really badly put in O'Connell give him a chance

JerseyBrave
11-03-2008, 12:26 AM
I agree! cassel took 5 steps back tonight in his progression against a very weak colts defense.

BTownTeamsRKing
11-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Ok matt cassell is doing really badly put in O'Connell give him a chance

are u dumber than david thomas? Cassel is playing very well. if gaffney catches the damn ball. u would be saying wow Cassel beat indy. the int he threw was on purpose. it was a punt basically

JerseyBrave
11-03-2008, 12:33 AM
I agree with you on that, but you can't lie and say he didn't take some steps back tonight. He was horribly inaccurate on every deep pass, most of those passes being on the last drive, he threw except for the gaffney one. Teams are going to realize this now and put everyone in the box and then they take away the short game. they are not going fear moss as much deep b/c he is inaccurate.

And with saying that, we still should have won this game, we clearly were the better team who let the colts steal this one. We held peyton manning to 18 points, and thats without getting any form of a pass rush.

bosox1899
11-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Matt Cassel did not do that well yesterday, it took him 34 throws just to get 204 yards, he had no tds, he threw it deep about 3 to 4 times only 1 of those were on target and the others were way overthrown and dont give me the BS that he was under pressure because he had plenty of time to throw. Obviously hes not the only one to blame, most of it can be put on Gaffney and Thomas and some really bad calls on the OC McDaniels part and the use of their timeouts...a game we should have won we lost and thats what annoys me the most

griff141
11-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Matt Cassel is improving week by week but one thing he must start doing is going back to the first option if the second or third is covered. It seems like once he makes a decision to throw the ball he automatically commits before reading the field. So many times he could hit Moss or Welker wide open and he commits on the check down before looking back to his first option. It will come with time and experience, but that is one thing that is just killing the offense.

The Intimidator
11-03-2008, 03:11 PM
It's all irrelevant. We are NOT putting O'Connell in. We're 5-3 and tied for first place. Things could be a lot worse.

sman1234
11-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Ok it is rellavent because cassell can not make the big throws

The Intimidator
11-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Ok it is rellavent because cassell can not make the big throws

And what proof do you have that O'Connell can? That's right, none.

JerseyBrave
11-04-2008, 05:52 PM
you have no proof that O'connel can until you let him try, so lets give him a shot, we should have given O'Connel a shot against denver since we destroyed them.

The Intimidator
11-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Let me make myself perfectly clear: you DON'T change quarterbacks while you're WINNING. Does Kevin O'Connell beat the Dolphins? No, they lost because of defense. Does Kevin O'Connell beat the Chargers? No, they lost again because of defense. Does Kevin O'Connell stop David Thomas from shoving Robert Mathis the other night? No. Enough with this garbage.

Patsfan56
11-04-2008, 07:52 PM
I am with the Intimidator on this. What sense does it make to put in a rookie QB unless you have to? Why risk his development? These guys need time. Time to catch up to a hugely expanded (and brand new) playbook. They need to adjust to a new tempo of play, and more complex options to address on each play. For the love of God we have a 5-3 record. Please, come off the ledge.

Putting O'Connel in now does not make sense.

The Intimidator
11-04-2008, 08:39 PM
I am with the Intimidator on this. What sense does it make to put in a rookie QB unless you have to? Why risk his development? These guys need time. Time to catch up to a hugely expanded (and brand new) playbook. They need to adjust to a new tempo of play, and more complex options to address on each play. For the love of God we have a 5-3 record. Please, come off the ledge.

Putting O'Connel in now does not make sense.

:cheers:

BTownTeamsRKing
11-09-2008, 06:58 PM
shame on anyone who didnt believe in BB's decision to have Cassel be the man in charge of the offense. including me wen i started that get a veteran QB thread which i took back after the second half of the chargers game.

BB is the best coach ever. look who is on the field and this team is 6-3, wow this man can have the job forever.

The Intimidator
11-09-2008, 07:00 PM
shame on anyone who didnt believe in BB's decision to have Cassel be the man in charge of the offense. including me wen i started that get a veteran QB thread which i took back after the second half of the chargers game.

BB is the best coach ever. look who is on the field and this team is 6-3, wow this man can have the job forever.

That's why I started the "Where are the Cassel haters" thread.

sman1234
11-09-2008, 07:17 PM
WOOW He beat the beat up BILLS Let me see him beat real competition

The Intimidator
11-09-2008, 07:28 PM
WOOW He beat the beat up BILLS Let me see him beat real competition

Oh I see, so when the Bills are playing anyone else they are a good team, but when we play them they aren't? Get over it. Cassel is playing extremely well, and the team is 6-3. Kevin O'Connell will not be playing this season, or next. Just get over it and stop hating on Cassel. You are not a true fan whatsoever, because you are rooting for the team to play poorly and lose. Stop this crap, or stop posting in here.