PDA

View Full Version : Lebron doesn't need New York, New York needs Lebron

Kiss Ma Grits
09-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Wade made a comment about how "Cleveland" is this small Market and how Kobe plays in a big market so everyone wants Lebron in a big market. Wade, Wade, Wade.........for you to be a college graduate you're sure not an intelligent guy. In 2007 Lebron was third in the world in endorsements behind Woods and Mickelson. Get this, Kobe plays in Los Angeles which is A WAY bigger market then Lebron and by Wade's assessment, Miami is supposedly a bigger market too right? So with all this non sense talk of Lebron needing to go to a bigger market I did the one thing that most posters don't do and went out to seek the truth. I didn't feed into that garbage that the media writes and gullable fan read too much into. I searched for MYSELF and here's what I found.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/specials/fortunate50/2007/

In 2007, Forbes Magazine says that LEBRON JAMES (in an small Cleveland market) ranked 3rd amongst all athletics in endorsement deals with $25 million behind Tiger Woods ($100 million) and Phil Mickelson ($47 million)

Get this, Kobe, who plays in a bigger market:rolleyes: Ranked sixth with $16 million in ENDORSEMENTS and Wade ranked a mere 10th!!!

This all proves that it's not the city, it's the player WADE AND NEW YORK fans!

IN a SMALL market Lebron has proven that he IS bigger then ANY city.

MiamiHeat
09-21-2008, 11:03 AM
okay can we stop with this Lebron and NY threads
let's just wait until the free agency

Kiss Ma Grits
09-21-2008, 11:14 AM
I title of the thread could have been different and maybe should have but "New York" was the center of Wades dumb comments so that's why I titled it "Lebron doesn't need New York, New York needs Lebron" based again off of Wade's comments.

barreleffact
09-21-2008, 11:21 AM
ive known for a while he made more money than both. kobe is more global, but he lost a lot during his court trials. wade has never gotten the hype nor attention that lebron has. As far as what wade said...wade is not dumb. he stated what a lot of people have before. I personally dont see what a bigger market brings if you are going to get your endorsements anyway, but dont call him dumb for saying lebron should go to a bigger market. if nothing else, the environment alone is a huge reason to want to be out of cleveland

MOHA
09-21-2008, 11:23 AM
Kiss Ma Grits are you a Die-hard Cavs Fan?

$ NyC $
09-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Kiss Ma Grits are you a Die-hard Cavs Fan?

It's kinda obvious. Any thread that has 2 do with LeBron and 2010 you find this guy in it pouring his heart out saying LBJ won't leave, he won't leave. CALM DOWN MAN.

Kiss Ma Grits
09-21-2008, 11:47 AM
ive known for a while he made more money than both. kobe is more global, but he lost a lot during his court trials. wade has never gotten the hype nor attention that lebron has. As far as what wade said...wade is not dumb. he stated what a lot of people have before. I personally dont see what a bigger market brings if you are going to get your endorsements anyway, but dont call him dumb for saying lebron should go to a bigger market. if nothing else, the environment alone is a huge reason to want to be out of cleveland

Wade said Miami was a bigger market but his endorsements are way behind Lebrons'. If he's in a bigger market shouldn't he be getting more hype? Kobe is more global but no matter what excuses people want to come up with as an excuse the fact is his endorsement deals are way less then Lebrons' also.

Negative environments? New York and it's media has to be the worst......doesn't get any more negative then that dude lmao

JIDsanity
09-21-2008, 11:47 AM
okay can we stop with this Lebron and NY threads
let's just wait until the free agency

I a Net Fan, trust me it's way worst in our forums. It's sooo annoying.

barreleffact
09-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Wade said Miami was a bigger market but his endorsements are way behind Lebrons'. If he's in a bigger market shouldn't he be getting more hype? Kobe is more global but no matter what excuses people want to come up with as an excuse the fact is his endorsement deals are way less then Lebrons' also.

Negative environments? New York and it's media has to be the worst......doesn't get any more negative then that dude lmao

miami is a bigger market than cleveland. so what. TV and the internet make where you live irrelevant now. and the biggest excuse for lebron having more endorsements is that he's younger and hasnt messed up. In America everything with kobe's name on it was voided. He has bounced back quite nicely, I think. Plus, you have to think about how much of it is solely because of the league. The league decides who will be big. Every commercial has Lebron on it everythere, because stern wants lebron to carry him like Jordan did.

And NY is waaay better than cleveland. So much more to do, more people, more sales revenues if you have businesses there. NY is bigger than cleveland in every way possible

Kiss Ma Grits
09-21-2008, 12:34 PM
miami is a bigger market than cleveland. so what. TV and the internet make where you live irrelevant now. and the biggest excuse for lebron having more endorsements is that he's younger and hasnt messed up. In America everything with kobe's name on it was voided. He has bounced back quite nicely, I think. Plus, you have to think about how much of it is solely because of the league. The league decides who will be big. Every commercial has Lebron on it everythere, because stern wants lebron to carry him like Jordan did.

And NY is waaay better than cleveland. So much more to do, more people, more sales revenues if you have businesses there. NY is bigger than cleveland in every way possible

You just proved my point, Miami IS a bigger market and even though Wade has a ring, lives in a BIGGER MARKET, has NEVER been in trouble, and is in his prime he STILL doesn't ring in anything close to what Lebron is ringing in with endorsements. He's two young players who put a positive face on the league. One has everything (a ring, a gold medal, and a big market) and the other is in Cleveland YET he still has the bigger endorsement deal. Thank you for proving that it's NOT the market but it's the player. Stern has NOTHING to do with Lebron's commercials that's all on Lebron's management team and the endorsement companies themselves. Lebron doesn't need Sterns permission for endorsement deals. What an bizarre statement without ANY facts

Kiss Ma Grits
09-21-2008, 12:37 PM
Lebron's going to get big endorsement deals rather he plays in Cleveland, Milwaukee, New York, or Atlanta. He's already proving that he can get bigger/more endorsement deals then any star even if that star plays in a big market. Watch it and weep.

barreleffact
09-21-2008, 12:37 PM
You just proved my point, Miami IS a bigger market and even though Wade has a ring, lives in a BIGGER MARKET, has NEVER been in trouble, and is in his prime he STILL doesn't ring in anything close to what Lebron is ringing in with endorsements. He's two young players who put a positive face on the league. One has everything (a ring, a gold medal, and a big market) and the other is in Cleveland YET he still has the bigger endorsement deal. Thank you for proving that it's NOT the market but it's the player. Stern has NOTHING to do with Lebron's commercials that's all on Lebron's management team and the endorsement companies themselves. Lebron doesn't need Sterns permission for endorsement deals. What an bizarre statement without ANY facts

Lebron had his endorsement ready before he stepped into the league. Wade actaully had to earn his in the league. Plus, if you think being on every NBA commercial isnt big for your endorsements, you might want to have yourself checked out. The league banks everything on lebron right now. They use him more than anyone else. all that exposure helps his endorsements and he gets money from it all too, if im not mistaken. But I didnt argue your original point. it's correct; players dont need a big market if they are big enough. but i ws just angry that you would call wade dumb for saying something that is a fact. bigger markets help.

as far as him being bigger than anystar and my weeping about it, thats funny. i really dont care. it isnt my money. he would make money anywhere, but he'd prefer to be in a larger city.

cmstophe
09-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Who cares, everyone on these forums wants to see him in NY and everyone in Cleveland wants him to stay (obviously), just wait 2 years and see what happens. This is tiring.

$ NyC $
09-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Lebron's going to get big endorsement deals rather he plays in Cleveland, Milwaukee, New York, or Atlanta. He's already proving that he can get bigger/more endorsement deals then any star even if that star plays in a big market. Watch it and weep.

Use your brain man. Since LBJ was in High School Nike wanted him. He came 2 the NBA and signed a massive contract with Nike. Wade came in with nothing and is now signed with CONVERSE, not Nike. Now your gonna tell me converse is as popular/successful as Nike? If Wade was signed with Nike things would be different.

Kiss Ma Grits
09-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Use your brain man. Since LBJ was in High School Nike wanted him. He came 2 the NBA and signed a massive contract with Nike. Wade came in with nothing and is now signed with CONVERSE, not Nike. Now your gonna tell me converse is as popular/successful as Nike? If Wade was signed with Nike things would be different.

No use your brain man. Nike was the ONLY endorsement deal Lebron had coming out of highschool. Sprite, State Farm, Nascar and the rest came while he was IN THE LEAGUE. I'll agree with out on Wade having to earn his but after 4+ years in the league now and living in a big market, one would have thought that he would have gotten it by now:rolleyes:

Nike could still sign Wade but they haven't

Nice try though

Kiss Ma Grits
09-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Lebron had his endorsement ready before he stepped into the league. Wade actaully had to earn his in the league. Plus, if you think being on every NBA commercial isnt big for your endorsements, you might want to have yourself checked out. The league banks everything on lebron right now. They use him more than anyone else. all that exposure helps his endorsements and he gets money from it all too, if im not mistaken. But I didnt argue your original point. it's correct; players dont need a big market if they are big enough. but i ws just angry that you would call wade dumb for saying something that is a fact. bigger markets help.

as far as him being bigger than anystar and my weeping about it, thats funny. i really dont care. it isnt my money. he would make money anywhere, but he'd prefer to be in a larger city.

Wade did make a dumb statement because his statement didn't have any facts outside of stating that one city is bigger then another. Endorsements have no bearing on the market but Wade stated otherwise hence making his statement "Idiotic".

Chronz
09-21-2008, 03:10 PM
None of that changes the fact that LeBron would stand to make more if he joined New York. Your Kobe and Bron comparison only show that even in LA hes not as valued as Bron in a small market. Imagine how big the gap were to be if he moved to LA, the contract obligations alone would probably double it.

HiphopRelated
09-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Bron's shoe deal keeps him above Wade(and everybody else) in terms of endorsement money.

Wade's locked into the Converse deal for a couple more years and they got him cheap before he blew up.

Wade certainly seems on tv more.

Weezy
09-21-2008, 07:26 PM
:laugh: this guy..

GiantYankKnicks
09-21-2008, 07:34 PM
:laugh: this guy..

His life is hating on the Knicks and NY

Dynasty
09-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Say what you want "kiss"

he's ranked 3rd in a small market, so if he goes to a bigger market, he'll be #1, and even if he doesn't, he certainly will make THREE TIMES as much as he's making now

stop wasting your time man

theuuord
09-21-2008, 07:43 PM
lol... poor guy.

knicks1214
09-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Stop making threads about Lebron and New York...everyone knows you think he isn't going there and you obviously don't want him here. But, Lebron would make a lot more than any of those guys because 1) Kobe's Nike apparel doesn't sell as well as Lebrons AND he doesn't have as many sneakers/endorsement deals/a Nike contract as big as Lebrons. Wade signed with Converse...enough said.

Kiss Ma Grits
09-21-2008, 09:11 PM
So I guess I'm attacking New York now. Like New York fans haven't been attacking Cleveland fans............there's one difference though: I have facts and the resources to back them up while you guys continue to throw personal attacks and opinions with no solid information to back up with you say. for instance:

1. No one on here has proven that Lebron's shoe deal is the reason his endorsements is bigger then Wades. It's all speculation

2. No one can prove that Lebron would move to #1 in endorsement deals if he leaves for a New York market. All you guy's have is news paper articles of biased New York wrotes aka all speculation that bears no facts.

3. No one can explain how a man with a championship ring, playing in a bigger market can have less endorsements then a player in a SMALL MARKET. People want to use the "shoe deal" as an excuse but if he's in a big market should those tons of endorsement deals falling in Wade's lap offset Lebron's shoe deal?

No reliable links, respectable sources, or ANYTHING to back up the gibberish that leaks on the board. It's truly sad folks. It's like Isiah rubbed off on you guys:eyebrow:

23LBJCleBrowns
09-21-2008, 09:19 PM
This Is Exactly What I Have Been Saying

JMKnick33
09-21-2008, 09:23 PM
So I guess I'm attacking New York now. Like New York fans haven't been attacking Cleveland fans............there's one difference though: I have facts and the resources to back them up while you guys continue to throw personal attacks and opinions with no solid information to back up with you say. for instance:

1. No one on here has proven that Lebron's shoe deal is the reason his endorsements is bigger then Wades. It's all speculation

2. No one can prove that Lebron would move to #1 in endorsement deals if he leaves for a New York market. All you guy's have is news paper articles of biased New York wrotes aka all speculation that bears no facts.

3. No one can explain how a man with a championship ring, playing in a bigger market can have less endorsements then a player in a SMALL MARKET. People want to use the "shoe deal" as an excuse but if he's in a big market should those tons of endorsement deals falling in Wade's lap offset Lebron's shoe deal?

No reliable links, respectable sources, or ANYTHING to back up the gibberish that leaks on the board. It's truly sad folks. It's like Isiah rubbed off on you guys:eyebrow:

please stop misusing the word 'then'.

then = afterward

than is what you mean..

than = in comparison to

Kiss Ma Grits
09-21-2008, 09:44 PM

then = afterward

than is what you mean..

than = in comparison to

Like I said, personal attacks. That's what New York fans do when they can't present facts........boring man, flat out boring.....well I've proven my point THEN so I guess it's time to move on.

theuuord
09-21-2008, 10:00 PM

then = afterward

than is what you mean..

than = in comparison to

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/05/12/99-grammar/

knicks1214
09-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Wonderful...now stop making threads on Lebron and New York...nobody knows where he is going to go...yea, it's all speculation, but there is also just as big a possibility that he goes elsewhere if he does not win a championship by 2010 as there is a chance that he would stay in Cleveland...you just need to move on and accept that there is a possibility that he goes somewhere when he becomes a free agent and does not resign with the Cavs. Yea, I would love to have Lebron on our team...but if we can't get him, Wade or Stoudemire are always fine also...

Dynasty
09-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Like I said, personal attacks. That's what New York fans do when they can't present facts........boring man, flat out boring.....well I've proven my point THEN so I guess it's time to move on.

I presented you a fact and you haven't answered

Rocco007
09-21-2008, 10:14 PM
Lebron gets the most exposure as it is..So NY wouldn't necessarily make him more famous...Thats not it at all.... NY would represent his biggest challenge...The Alure of the City..The Fans..The Media...and A Historical Franchise, that desparately needs to win again..

JMan17
09-21-2008, 11:35 PM
:laugh: you really would do anything for lebron not to leave do ya? all of you do is make threads about lebron not leaving the cavs in 2010.

can i even ask how would you feel if he does leave the cavs? it might be too much of a question since just hearing that thought makes him want to commit suicide.

Beno7500
09-21-2008, 11:43 PM
nice find dude.

barreleffact
09-21-2008, 11:49 PM

u r hilarious.
1. NIKE and converse don't compare at all. Nike gave Bron a 90 mill contract right out of high school. Wade didnt get his until after he beat NO in th eplayoffs and finally started to get attention. Nike is bigger, more wideley sold, and more widely available than Converse, so they have more money.

2. Lebron has no chance in hell to be number 1. sorry but i gotta agree here. Tiger woods makes more than 100 mil a year, easily at least twice what the 2nd place guy makes. nobody is touching tiger.

3. you dont pay attention well or you are in denial. Lebron is younger and has been hyped since day negative 300. I mean before he came in the league commercials portrayed him as a god. He was fully backed by the league in every way possible like jordan. Kobe however lost most endorsements after his court case and then when he wasnt sure he wanted to be on the lakers anymore. people wont wanna make purple and yellow chlothes and shoes to change em to white and orange. Kobe makes less also because when he was at his hugest endorsement wise, money was less also. Inflation boosts what lebron makes, and he is in his endorsement prime right now. Kobe isnt