PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies opt not to trade for Zach Randolph

phlp_bj
09-20-2008, 07:56 AM
The deal that would have sent Zach Randolph to the Grizzlies is officially dead, according to multiple sources cite on Newsday.com.
The Grizzlies wanted the Knicks to pay part of Randolph's three-year, $48 million contract, while taking on the bloated salaries of Darko Milicic and Marko Jaric. When the Knicks refused, the Grizzlies considered their options and decided to pull the plug on the whole deal. Randolph is still very much on the block, but his uncertain status shouldn't alter his fantasy value. So much for Darko's quote that he was 99% certain he would be traded to New York.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/blog/2008/09/memphis_decides_to_pass_on_zac.html

BADizzleBoY
09-20-2008, 10:46 AM
good, wouldve been a dumb move

jrice9
09-20-2008, 10:54 AM
it would just be stupid for both teams. Honestly wow at that

$ NyC $
09-20-2008, 11:11 AM
oh well, lets see how he does this year. Really wanted to see Lee start though.

NastyRud
09-20-2008, 11:24 AM
Seeing that the deal is now dead, would ya'll trade Darko or Gasol for anyone on the Bulls? Well anyone except the core group of Rose, Thabo, Deng,Thomas, or Noah.

Famous03
09-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Dam the first smart move that the Grizz do.

dre1990
09-20-2008, 11:40 AM
I hate how people say Zach Randolph is so bad, yes he doesnt play good D.
18 points 10 rebounds?
24 points 10 rebounds?
20 points 10 rebounds?
19 points 10 rebounds?
18 points 8 rebounds? (his worst year that ge got playing time)

Zach Randolph isnt bad (he needs to try on D though)

rico
09-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Seeing that the deal is now dead, would ya'll trade Darko or Gasol for anyone on the Bulls? Well anyone except the core group of Rose, Thabo, Deng,Thomas, or Noah.

gasol - yes :pray:

darko - no way in hell.

will they trade for someone we actually want to get rid of? - no.

_Sn1P3r_
09-20-2008, 11:50 AM
I guess 99% isn't really accurate.

Beno7500
09-20-2008, 12:21 PM
good choice by memphis

2009odom2009
09-20-2008, 01:17 PM
Good move....for the knicks.....who really wants darko milicic? He misses wide open dunks and his stats are like 8 and 4....horrible.idc what anyone says zach randolph is an all star....his numbers his whole career were like over 20 ppg and 10rpg and that's the same as carmello anthony(does carmello play great defense) no! So why criticize zach? Carmello has a great rep...no....same case with zach. The knicks need him this yr If they shud ship out anyone it shud be eddy curry his fat a*& he can't run or anything and mikes runnin dat team lol....they needa be smart and let marbury leave to miami and trade curry for tinsely and someone else because tinsley and duhon can run dat team....randolph is ann all star I'd happily give mihm walton radmanovic and money for him....

bogdanrom
09-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Smart move for the Grizzlies. Sucks for the Knicks.

MiamiHeat
09-20-2008, 02:18 PM
Z-Randolph :)
isn't that bad but he has no defense, and he just plays to get his stats up
that's why people don't want him he has no passion for the game

5thgencali
09-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Randolph is a black hole on the court. Once he gets the ball, you know he's shooting it.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-20-2008, 04:30 PM
this is bad news for the knicks

GiantYankKnicks
09-20-2008, 04:35 PM
Ugh the only way we get rid of him now is pray he plays well under D'antoni the first half of the year then trade him at the deadline

Big Quett
09-20-2008, 04:57 PM

Then who exactly is left???

barreleffact
09-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Good move....for the knicks.....who really wants darko milicic? He misses wide open dunks and his stats are like 8 and 4....horrible.idc what anyone says zach randolph is an all star....his numbers his whole career were like over 20 ppg and 10rpg and that's the same as carmello anthony(does carmello play great defense) no! So why criticize zach? Carmello has a great rep...no....same case with zach. The knicks need him this yr If they shud ship out anyone it shud be eddy curry his fat a*& he can't run or anything and mikes runnin dat team lol....they needa be smart and let marbury leave to miami and trade curry for tinsely and someone else because tinsley and duhon can run dat team....randolph is ann all star I'd happily give mihm walton radmanovic and money for him....

zbo is a cancer. if you are labeled the black hole it goes w/o stateing that you arent good for a team. he may get 20 and 10, but how successful have his teams been? why cant he play D? he just isnt worth the headache, chemistry issues, and all the baggage. is he talented? sure, but i would have rather had artest the day after the brawl than zbo ever. esp not on the lakers who need defense and dont need scoring nor rebounding at all. he would just overcrowd the front line. he is a player IMO that could turn a contender into nothing serious. just like melo except melo isnt as much of a black hole. i wouldnt want melo either tho because of his off the court issues and inability to play D. Also, nobody really says anything about melo anymore. he isnt hyped like the lebrons, kobes, even kid durant. so ur melo comparison is a good one talent wise but not good for your point

mzgrizz
09-20-2008, 06:17 PM
For once our front office is thinking! I guess I could have lived with Randolph on the Grizzlies, but man! It would have been hard to support him.....18-20 points or not. I think it would have stifled the development of our team. If they can bring it along in a year or two,then trade for a star(they should have $$$ then) knowing some of that young talent will be part of that package....yes,we can !

Hawkeye15
09-20-2008, 06:56 PM
For once our front office is thinking! I guess I could have lived with Randolph on the Grizzlies, but man! It would have been hard to support him.....18-20 points or not. I think it would have stifled the development of our team. If they can bring it along in a year or two,then trade for a star(they should have $$$ then) knowing some of that young talent will be part of that package....yes,we can !

exactly, he makes like $48 million guaranteed in the next 3 years. So, he may bring you from a 23 win team to a 26 win team. Why not keep that space open and get a real player in the next 2 offseasons. That being said Memphis better pony up next summer, because they missed out this year, and more and more teams will be getting cap space in the next 2 seasons, and Memphis isn't all that attractive. They have never won anything. They have to make their move next summer.

40oz
09-20-2008, 07:36 PM
Mr.Walsh thank for not backing down. 20-10 doesnt come cheap...

Kiss Ma Grits
09-21-2008, 12:15 AM
Good I hope they keep him and his BIG FAT contract. Nobody needs to help New York, New York needs to pay for their own mistakes even if it cost them a shot at Wade, Lebron, and etc. They need to understand that you can't buy championships!!!!

GiantYankKnicks
09-21-2008, 12:26 AM
Good I hope they keep him and his BIG FAT contract. Nobody needs to help New York, New York needs to pay for their own mistakes even if it cost them a shot at Wade, Lebron, and etc. They need to understand that you can't buy championships!!!!

With every post u make u keep sounding more stupid and stupid

NastyRud
09-21-2008, 12:33 AM
Then who exactly is left???

PG - Hinrich - good combo guard who could back up both PG / SG
SG - Hughes - contract is up in 2010
SF / PF - Noci - good solid player who always hustles
PF - Gooden - expires at end of upcoming season.
There's also draft picks that can be added.
All are vets and Memphis has pretty much all 1st & 2nd yr players as your probable starters. That hardly ever works so why not try to get a couple solid vets to mix in.

Kiss Ma Grits
09-21-2008, 12:07 PM
With every post u make u keep sounding more stupid and stupid

more stupid and stupid? Yeah you're sounding more and more like you passed first grade yourself:rolleyes:

$ NyC $
09-21-2008, 12:57 PM
Great comeback. You are maybe 4 real the most hard headed Cavs fan ever. Your in denial a just a plain Hater. Who the hell said the Knicks are buying a championship? You guys got LeBron James and still can't get it done. WTH does that have to say about your great team smart 1. Got great expiring contracts that could be used 2 help James out but you guys are too dumb to do anything.

Weezy
09-21-2008, 07:25 PM
Great comeback. You are maybe 4 real the most hard headed Cavs fan ever. Your in denial a just a plain Hater. Who the hell said the Knicks are buying a championship? You guys got LeBron James and still can't get it done. WTH does that have to say about your great team smart 1. Got great expiring contracts that could be used 2 help James out but you guys are too dumb to do anything.

Dont bother dude, ignore, he has nothin else better to do than diss the Knicks and NY. 100% of those 2 posts of his are hating on the Knicks. LOL, poor baby :cry:

1-800-STFU
09-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Just say no to Z-Ro

Kiss Ma Grits
09-21-2008, 09:14 PM
Dont bother dude, ignore, he has nothin else better to do than diss the Knicks and NY. 100% of those 2 posts of his are hating on the Knicks. LOL, poor baby :cry:

Patrick Ewing was an underachiever. I guess they ran out of people to put in the hall of fame :speechless:

GiantYankKnicks
09-21-2008, 09:19 PM
^ How many Cavs players are in there?

JMKnick33
09-21-2008, 09:44 PM

ooooo got 'em

JMan17
09-22-2008, 03:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

^^this guy of course, don't ya know? :D

IndiansFan337
09-22-2008, 04:17 PM

The Cavs are in much better shape than the Knicks right now, so don't misconstrue things.

The Knicks current roster would not win a championship even if you inserted LeBron to their current mess. So there's no need to insult the Cavs for not yet winning one. It will come for them. I am confident in that.

JMan17
09-22-2008, 04:29 PM
The Cavs are in much better shape than the Knicks right now, so don't misconstrue things.

The Knicks current roster would not win a championship even if you inserted LeBron to their current mess. So there's no need to insult the Cavs for not yet winning one. It will come for them. I am confident in that.

really? i think the exact opposite and I'm a lakers fan.

i would much rather have this.

PG: Chris Duhan
SG: Jamal Crawford
SF: Lebron James/Wilson Chandler
PF: Danilo Gallinar
C: Eddy Curry

then this

PG: Mo Willams
SG: (which ever one, dont matter cause all of the SGs suck)
SF: Lebron James/Wally Szczerbiak
PF: Ben Wallace
C: Big Z

PG match up Mo wins
SG match up Crawford wins
SF match up Wilson beats Wally
PF match up Danilo beats him either this year or next year, but either way He will be better then wallace by 2010, he is already by far better then him on offense, then again who isn't? Wallace can't even make a 1 footer unless he dunks it. wallace is declining so much.
C is a tie. they both suck but Curry is black so he wins :D lol jk but Big Z is soft and Eddy Curry just sucks. so like i said it's a tie.

In fact the knicks are a much younger team then the cavs.

Big Quett
09-22-2008, 04:29 PM
PG - Hinrich - good combo guard who could back up both PG / SG
SG - Hughes - contract is up in 2010
SF / PF - Noci - good solid player who always hustles
PF - Gooden - expires at end of upcoming season.
There's also draft picks that can be added.
All are vets and Memphis has pretty much all 1st & 2nd yr players as your probable starters. That hardly ever works so why not try to get a couple solid vets to mix in.

First off we dont need anymore guards or bloated contracts
So that cancels out hughs and Kirk
And we need upgrades on our big men and i dont think Gooden is that much of an upgrade plus we drafted amd traded him much like every team he as ever played for has done so far so what does that tell you
And u said playing young players is not going to work like any of the people u mention would make much of a difference.

Big Quett
09-22-2008, 04:34 PM

mrblisterdundee
09-22-2008, 06:16 PM
Wow; the Grizzlies made a smart decision.

I Am Awesome-O
09-22-2008, 06:27 PM
First off we dont need anymore guards or bloated contracts
So that cancels out hughs and Kirk
And we need upgrades on our big men and i dont think Gooden is that much of an upgrade plus we drafted amd traded him much like every team he as ever played for has done so far so what does that tell you
And u said playing young players is not going to work like any of the people u mention would make much of a difference.

Amen to that. Why waste our money on mediocre players instead of spending it on great ones. Oh and getting more veterans will get us a few more wins, but not to the playoffs. I would rather have the worst record and not make the playoffs than have a decent record and not make the playoffs because our draft pick will be higher if we are horrible.

theimortalone
09-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Smart thinking on The Grizzlies! Who would want to be stuck with that trouble makers contract. Dont know what Donnie Walsh is gonna do with him!

Lo Porto
09-22-2008, 09:13 PM
I think this opens up opportunities for both teams. This trade would have been best for the Knicks, but I think there are still options out there.

For the Griz, they should try to pull the same type trade to get Kirilenko. Utah is desperate to open up money for next summer, and Memphis has the cap room. AK is a player who can do it all. He's a natural PF who is best on an up-tempo team. With his all purpose game, Gay, Conley and Mayo would be even better. Those 4 would be a nice base for a good, young team. Darko might be an Okur clone in Utah's system.

Darko and Crittenton for Kirilenko and Fesenko

For the Knicks, their best trade partner is now Cleveland. People might say who, but listen. The Cavs have needed a PF since they lost Boozer. Putting Randolph next to Big Z would open up so many possibilities. Randolph has never played with a star to put him in his place. LeBron could do that. The Knicks could use Wallace as a defensive stopper. The Cavs have little or no use for Wallace but Randolph would give so much consistency in the offensive post. It's worth it to Cleveland to pay more (really only one year more) to improve a team that needs to win now.

Ben Wallace for Zach Randolph

knowledgeGOD
09-23-2008, 04:24 AM
zach randolph is probably the worst player ever IMO
good thing blazers traded him and good thing grizzlies didnt get him.. i was going through videos on youtube and i stumbled on this one and i was like wtf at zach randolph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lvYf08X6tc&feature=related

sucks for the knicks

NYstateofMinD
09-23-2008, 11:34 AM
The Knicks should have tried picking up OJ Mayo...Mayo doesn't wanna play for the Grizz something like Zach, Lee,Nate for Milici, Jaric, Mayo,Warrick would have been fair.