PDA

View Full Version : Going into the training camp what would you say is the biggest team need?

Sbank
09-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Going into the training camp what would you say is the biggest team need?

Raiders4Lyf
09-22-2008, 04:50 PM
our biggest worry is clearly the defense...there's not a big time player in that corps and i think it really hurt us last season. Weekes' ability to back up Brodeur also is a concern, Brodeur is gettin' on and surely can't continue to keep up his award winning standard every game a season.

friarfan07
09-23-2008, 02:11 PM
^ exactly.

Jersey Mike
09-27-2008, 04:06 AM
I first say back-up for marty...then I really want to say goal scorers...playmakers...I think that holik is a nice start and I hope he is one of the answers...maybe our offensive pieces will fall into place...we had low goals against...we were close to the top in goals against however our goals scored was almost as low...we really didn't get blown out in many games but on the flip side, we rarely blew anyone out...we usually won by one or two goals...games were more like 3-2 or 2-1 than 6-0 or 6-2...I'm not crazy about our system dropping the forwards into the corners in our defensive zone and all...doesn't allow for many break aways and I believe that this is part of our problem...our system is very defensive...I love when someone drops the bomb to madden as he's getting out of the penalty box...those are pretty breakaways that I would like to see more during the game, not just when someone is getting out of the box...If we held our speed out near the blue line in our end, it would be hard for a lot of the defensemen to catch them...anyway, I'm getting on a tear here...back up for marty and offensive playmakers...

Yankees21
09-30-2008, 02:42 PM
A true number one defensemen, it may be a pipe dream but since we went old school this past summer, lets try and bring back neidermeyer next off season, with him, martin, white, corrente and salavador we would bring back a tough D to play against...as for this season I think the pieces are there we just need to produce. Plus I'd give Lemuix a tryout, whats the worst thing that could happen, him score 6 goals in the regular season and then 10 in the playoffs. Give him a shot.

Sure I'd like a premier goal scorer but if all are players produce like they are capable of doing we should be fine..and if not lets send Clarkson, Vrana, Greene and a pick to Atlanta for Kovalchuk.

Yankees21
09-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Give him a try out!

Bricklayer
10-05-2008, 09:30 PM
A true number one defensemen, it may be a pipe dream but since we went old school this past summer, lets try and bring back neidermeyer next off season, with him, martin, white, corrente and salavador we would bring back a tough D to play against...as for this season I think the pieces are there we just need to produce. Plus I'd give Lemuix a tryout, whats the worst thing that could happen, him score 6 goals in the regular season and then 10 in the playoffs. Give him a shot.

Sure I'd like a premier goal scorer but if all are players produce like they are capable of doing we should be fine..and if not lets send Clarkson, Vrana, Greene and a pick to Atlanta for Kovalchuk.

I have a feeling Atlanta is not going to give us a 50 goal scorer for our third line scrapper and 2 A.H.L players.