PDA

View Full Version : 2008-2009 Preseason

sportsnutzz
09-19-2008, 06:14 PM
So I tried to find an article on this, but I heard that D-Will is down to 3% body fat. This really excited me when I heard it. It feels like it has been so long since we had a player like this. Talk about commitment to the Game! Is there honestly another player in the NBA that plays with more heart?

So lets hear your thoughts, and predictions on what he will do this year. I honestly think if this is true and he really is down to 3 percent body fat. WOW! Can you imagine the damage he could do this year? Think of D-Will from last year with another year of experience, and in better shape!! I am really getting excited for this season now. I think we all agree we will only go as far as he can carry us. Normally I think that is an unfair thing to say about one player. But he has suck a competitive drive, and I really think he will really step up as the leader of the team this year. Even more than we saw last year.

I am getting chills sitting here thinking about what could happen this year. When I was watching the Jazz during Deronís second year I really thought to myself give this team about 2 years and we will be serious contenders. Even last year you knew we where just a step behind. I really think if the team stays healthy this year we could have a very magical year.

GO JAZZ!!

jimbobjarree
09-19-2008, 07:12 PM
lol, yep the offseason is too long, even with the olympics, I've been excited for ageessssssss. As long as we have D Will, we always have a shot at the title.

and sportsnutz, terrible shame your a niners fan

sportsnutzz
09-24-2008, 07:22 AM
That is it?? No one else has anything to say about this season??? Did anyone else hear about Deron is down to 3% body fat or did I hear wrong?

Lo Porto
09-24-2008, 08:46 AM
I don't keep up with anybody's fat %, but that's pretty impressive by Deron. I care more about his health in terms of being run down. Healthy players are what I want to see in and out of camp this year. I'm also looking forward to the plays we can run for Kyle Korver in certain sets.

As a whole, I'm looking forward to the season. As a Bama fan, my attention is more on Athens this weekend, but I'm still looking forward to the Jazz season.

sportsnutzz
09-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Well put it this way Malone was 3% so that is why it would be a big deal. If he has worked on his conditioning to that degree that might really improve his game. But again I just heard this, I don't know if it is true for sure. That would be cool if she showed up to camp in improved condition though.

futureman
09-24-2008, 05:39 PM
I wish boozer and the rest of the team wanted to win as badly as D-Will.

Sanddevil23
09-24-2008, 09:19 PM
I don't know about the percentage but I did read a report that he has lost weight and is in better shape than from the Olympics. I think this guy just is dedicated and excited to play he doesn't do it because he gets paid but plays because he loves the sport. If any year is our year its probably this year though. We have two guys in a contract year with Memo and Boozer and some people in contract years are unstoppable so having two in our starting line-up could be fun. Could be the last year we will have this starting 5 together.

Speaking of contracts though. Anyone else feel like it may be a mistake to give Boozer a max contract? My thinking is we are hurting with AK having such a large contract but what AK can do for us on the defensive end and the intangibles that he brings to the table makes us a top team in the west. I know he isn't worth what we are paying him but is Boozer really worth the money he wants when he is also just a one demensional player too? AK doesn't score but his value is on other areas of the game, other areas that don't show up on stat sheets. Boozer all he can do is score and rebound but he can't defend, cant block shots and is still undersized at his position and though he can be a 20 and 10 guy, is he really worth more money just because his stats show up on the score card?. I like Boozer but are we making another mistake if we sign him to max money because he is just a one track minded player with only skills that look good on the stat sheet but can be a distraction on the floor because of where he lacks elsewhere? AK hurts us on offense and helps us on defense because of his length, speed and IQ. Boozer hurts us on defense but helps us on offense. As we saw in the finals, Defense is what won a championship and are we going to be that team if Boozer is signed to a large contract that is paying him more than AK and more than Williams? I am really starting to wonder myself if Boozer is worth the money he will probably ask for.

sportsnutzz
09-24-2008, 10:11 PM
I don't know about the percentage but I did read a report that he has lost weight and is in better shape than from the Olympics. I think this guy just is dedicated and excited to play he doesn't do it because he gets paid but plays because he loves the sport. If any year is our year its probably this year though. We have two guys in a contract year with Memo and Boozer and some people in contract years are unstoppable so having two in our starting line-up could be fun. Could be the last year we will have this starting 5 together.

Speaking of contracts though. Anyone else feel like it may be a mistake to give Boozer a max contract? My thinking is we are hurting with AK having such a large contract but what AK can do for us on the defensive end and the intangibles that he brings to the table makes us a top team in the west. I know he isn't worth what we are paying him but is Boozer really worth the money he wants when he is also just a one demensional player too? AK doesn't score but his value is on other areas of the game, other areas that don't show up on stat sheets. Boozer all he can do is score and rebound but he can't defend, cant block shots and is still undersized at his position and though he can be a 20 and 10 guy, is he really worth more money just because his stats show up on the score card?. I like Boozer but are we making another mistake if we sign him to max money because he is just a one track minded player with only skills that look good on the stat sheet but can be a distraction on the floor because of where he lacks elsewhere? AK hurts us on offense and helps us on defense because of his length, speed and IQ. Boozer hurts us on defense but helps us on offense. As we saw in the finals, Defense is what won a championship and are we going to be that team if Boozer is signed to a large contract that is paying him more than AK and more than Williams? I am really starting to wonder myself if Boozer is worth the money he will probably ask for.

Yeah think about it, not paying boozer and would give us a lot of spending money. And the 2010 free agent class is going to be one of the biggest ever. We just might be able to make a serious splash if Boozer walks. And we all know AK is gone one way or the other at some point.

futureman
09-25-2008, 01:58 PM
Not even 2 weeks away from the first preseason game. Even though it's an exhibition I hope we step on the lakers throats and not let up one bit.

sportsnutzz
09-29-2008, 12:51 AM
Nice!! I just say DWill on the local news and you can really tell a difference, he looks like he is in a lot better shape. I am so excited to see what he can do this year!!!! I can't wait anymore, I need the season to start.

jimbobjarree
10-01-2008, 06:15 AM
whats with the beards? The old goatees of Deron and Memo have flourished into fuller beards

jimbobjarree
10-09-2008, 02:25 PM
so Phoenix tonight, should be another interesting test for our boys. Will Booz be joining the team for this one?

sportsnutzz
10-09-2008, 03:39 PM
I haven't heard anything on booz yet, I hope we start CJ again I think this might be more than just a preseason thing I think Sloan is really considering bring AK off the bench.

jimbobjarree
10-09-2008, 03:45 PM
what was CJ like defensively in the last game?

sportsnutzz
10-09-2008, 03:46 PM
I don't know honestly I only listened to it on the radio :( I am working evenings for a little while. But hey at least my job doesn't care if I listen to it. I end up being the "score guy" at work :D

jimbobjarree
10-09-2008, 03:48 PM
lol always good to be the scores guy. I tried to find a torrent, but in the end I gave up and checked the score (i usually watch re-runs without knowing the score as its more fun).

cant wait till NBALP is back though and back to goin sleep at 4.30 am at weekends, I've kinda missed it

jimbobjarree
10-09-2008, 04:43 PM
ooo did Koufos play against the Lakers, if so how was he?