PDA

View Full Version : Will the Knicks be better or worse without Marbury?

PhoenixSunsFan1
09-19-2008, 02:33 AM
i think there gonna be even more bad this year there record should be 9-73 or 13-69 whats ur predictions about the Knicks? now with marbury getting waived the knicks lineup Zach Randolph who could be going to Memphis for marko jaric and darko milicic.
Pg.Chris Duhon
Sg.Jamal Crawford
Sf.Danilo Gallinaro
Pf.David Lee/Zach Randolph is hes going to Memphis for now i put David lee
C.Eddy Curry
or if it happens the pf could also be Darko.

ARMIN12NBA
09-19-2008, 02:41 AM
No. Marbury wasn't there for most of last year and they won more than 20 games. They also added some nice pieces so the subtraction of Marbury won't be a loss at all that would take them to less than 10 wins (they should still win 20 games). Maybe this could even be addition by subtraction because they are losing all the baggage that Marbury brings with him.

BRADfromOZ
09-19-2008, 03:10 AM
No. Marbury wasn't there for most of last year and they won more than 20 games. They also added some nice pieces so the subtraction of Marbury won't be a loss at all that would take them to less than 10 wins (they should still win 20 games). Maybe this could even be addition by subtraction because they are losing all the baggage that Marbury brings with him.
+1 They'll only be better this year.

Lakersfan2483
09-19-2008, 03:42 AM
i think there gonna be even more bad this year there record should be 9-73 or 13-69 whats ur predictions about the Knicks? now with marbury getting waived the knicks lineup Zach Randolph who could be going to Memphis for marko jaric and darko milicic.
Pg.Chris Duhon
Sg.Jamal Crawford
Sf.Danilo Gallinaro
Pf.David Lee/Zach Randolph is hes going to Memphis for now i put David lee
C.Eddy Curry
or if it happens the pf could also be Darko.

With or without Marbury, I see this current Knicks team being lottery bound again. It's unfortunate because I would like to see the Knicks franchise do better, Madison Square Garden is exciting especially during the playoffs. Hopefully, the Knicks can add a player like a Kobe, or Lebron, or a Ewing to bring some excitement back to New York. I don't know if they can make a trade for a legit superstar, but maybe they can draft someone great within the next couple of seasons.

I remember the early 90's and the excitement during the Knicks games. Patrick Ewing was a force down low and they had a great defensive team. MSG used to be the place to play during the playoffs. R. Miller and MJ used to have some classic battles with Ewing and the Knicks. The Knicks need another headliner like Ewing.

Rome
09-19-2008, 04:35 AM
+1 They'll only be better this year.

+2 their chemistry will be a lot better and I think they can win more than 20.

lavis
09-19-2008, 04:54 AM
+2 their chemistry will be a lot better and I think they can win more than 20.

Yeah, no more internal issues.. Malik Rose working as a babysitter and so on.

I wish the Randolph trade happened. It would make the Knicks such a random team, cause the team is basicly built for the 2010 free agency in mind. Who knows, there might be a player(s) who steps up.

bigmac8675
09-19-2008, 05:10 AM
I don't think that they could get any worse... I think they will improve because they are improving all around.

MOHA
09-19-2008, 07:30 AM
I believe they will fight for a playoff spot.

$ NyC $
09-19-2008, 07:44 AM
I think we POTENTIALLY could be fighting for that 8th seed if we all of a sudden clicked really well, most likely not gonna happen. Realistically how could you say we would be worse thanks 2 Marbs? We've added a few nice pieces and having a new coach is a huge plus.

And yea LakersFan2483, i miss those days when we were one of the most respected franchises in the league. Isiah turned us into a joke, hate that man.

FOBolous
09-19-2008, 08:28 AM
they have nowhere to go but up

29$JerZ
09-19-2008, 08:33 AM
Haven't had a winning season with Marbury. First year we got him we got into playoffs with bad record, 37 I think.So not having him won't be any different then us having him. We have no where to go but up at this point.

soriano2008WS
09-19-2008, 09:24 AM
So is Marbury offically gone or what? I can't find anything

NYKnickFanatic
09-19-2008, 09:32 AM
So is Marbury offically gone or what? I can't find anything

No, he is not gone yet.

Just rumors.

Frank Costanza
09-19-2008, 09:44 AM
KNICKS WHY DO YOU SUCK SO MUCH??? you are a storied franchaise , maybe not won the most championships, but you always made the playoffs always had great attendance (PROPS YOU still DO) you care about ball , ny is the mecca of basketball, and you suck, i know you guys cant do anyhtinfg bout it, but man , we are all rooting for you to get better out here, my rant is done

Faneik
09-19-2008, 09:47 AM
KNICKS WHY DO YOU SUCK SO MUCH??? you are a storied franchaise , maybe not won the most championships, but you always made the playoffs always had great attendance (PROPS YOU still DO) you care about ball , ny is the mecca of basketball, and you suck, i know you guys cant do anyhtinfg bout it, but man , we are all rooting for you to get better out here, my rant is done

It takes only one man to ruin a franchise...

rrude
09-19-2008, 12:02 PM
It takes only one man to ruin a franchise...

and we have had more than one ruining ours. Scott Layden did as much to F up the Knicks as Isaiah did. Isaiah actually made us a bit better going into the future, he just was terrible in the present (not a coach!!). Layden burdened the team with some terrible contracts that we are still feeling the effects of. Isaiah did some of that but at least there's some younger interesting players on the team.

Don't forget also that the Knicks gave Allan Houston, a one-dimensional player, $120 million contract that also f'ed us for years. Even before injuries, Allan couldn't play NBA defense. They just liked him 'cause he was squeaky clean and had a good PR image. In other words, Knick management hasn't been focused primarily on having a winning team for over ten years!!

One more thing. I posted this already in the Knick forum so I won't put the list up again, but the Knicks have an absolutely terrible drafting history, sometimes deliberately picking marginal players so they wouldn't have to pay them (Weis and Donnell Harvey were both in this category). And that's the sort of stuff overpaying B players (120 million!) will do for ya.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-19-2008, 02:27 PM
they are starting to rebuild

Kiss Ma Grits
09-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Knicks a storied franchise? Bahahahahahaha. You've got to be absolutely kidding me???? They are ONLY fun to watch in the playoffs BECAUSE of Reggie Miller, Michael Jordan, and Now Lebron. Nothings better then watching the knicks get destroyed by a star player ESSPECIALLY when Spike Lee pumps the other team up, lmao.

Outside of drafting Ewing, the Knicks haven't been able to bring in ANY talent. Malbury, Curry, Steven Francis, Zach Randolph were ALL either headcases, lazy, overrated, or selfish players.

Would getting rid of Malbury make them better? No Passing no Bayless makes them WORST. No matter SUPERSTARS haven't left their teams running to play with the knicks. I can't remember the last time the knicks signed a superstar.

Stephon was bound to become a bust in New York. It didn't help for him to have that new york media bashing him IN HIS OWN BACKYARD.:rolleyes:

Weezy
09-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Kiss Ma Grits must be 12 years old cause the 90s Knicks were a helluva team at the time. Very tough team and teams always had to play them like warriors to beat them. They were ALWAYS fun to watch you hater.

Now all the players you mentioned were acquired by Isiah Thomas. If he was the GM of YOUR team, whichever team that is, you wouldnt be such a great team either.

#1 Celtics Fan
09-19-2008, 04:03 PM
They are better off without Marbury. He's obviously done nothing to help them since he got there and Duhon seems to fit perfectly in D'Antoni's system. He can play a fast tempo game, he's a great passer, and a great three-point shooter. He deserves to be a starter in this league.

hdxstunts1
09-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Doubt it. Duhan is just as good. HE was my bulls back-up and he was great. He sshould of been the 6th man rather then the 8th-9th.

Isiah Thomas
09-19-2008, 04:10 PM
i def think it will help i dont know about the playoffs this year.. but i think it will interesting just building on the team. here is somethings to ponder

duhon is a legit player but can he run a dantoni team..
how good is gallinari right now
how good chandler can be...
can curry and zbo run or even play together....
will the knicks get a defensive shot blocker as a backup to eddy

i think they can finish with 35 wins give or take 5.

they were a 33 team win before last season, they need addition by subtraction

bleedprple&gold
09-19-2008, 04:58 PM
I can't remember the last time the knicks signed a superstar.

That's because they are always way over the cap and can't afford any superstars. Funny how they have this ridiculously high payroll, yet they never have any superstars on their team...unless you count Marbury a few years ago (bwahahaha)

Lakerfan32
09-19-2008, 05:00 PM
They need to lose cancers like Randolf, Marbury, Curry, James, Rose, and Crawford. They have some good young talent that is getting poisoned by their over-payed cry babies. Keep core young guys and trade the rest for expirings and draft picks. Serious fire sale. The longer they wait the more buyouts they have. Think of some of the buyouts

Steve Francis
Allen Houston
Jalen Rose
Larry Brown

If they would have sat on these players and just traded the valuable expirings when they came up they'd even been in better position than now.

Keep
Lee
Chandler
Jeffries
Gallinari
Richardson
Robinson
Duhon

Trade the rest for picks and expirings. Fire sale. Build from the ground. No more trying to stay competitive and rebuild. It's just been embarrasing.

knicks1214
09-19-2008, 05:27 PM
Marbury did nothing last year...the same team is coming back, minus Fred Jones. We will do better I think, but not my much.

Beno7500
09-19-2008, 05:31 PM
no, they will get better

LAKERS 24/7
09-19-2008, 05:44 PM
They need to lose cancers like Randolf, Marbury, Curry, James, Rose, and Crawford. They have some good young talent that is getting poisoned by their over-payed cry babies. Keep core young guys and trade the rest for expirings and draft picks. Serious fire sale. The longer they wait the more buyouts they have. Think of some of the buyouts

Steve Francis
Allen Houston
Jalen Rose
Larry Brown

If they would have sat on these players and just traded the valuable expirings when they came up they'd even been in better position than now.

Keep
Lee
Chandler
Jeffries
Gallinari
Richardson
Robinson
Duhon

Trade the rest for picks and expirings. Fire sale. Build from the ground. No more trying to stay competitive and rebuild. It's just been embarrasing.

Easier said than done

Er1c
09-19-2008, 05:44 PM
nah

bogdanrom
09-19-2008, 05:49 PM
How can they be even worse especially without Marbury. This guy was the biggest cancer to this team.