PDA

View Full Version : Artest on Josh Howard

AirJordanXVIII
09-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Ron Artest weighs in on the Josh Howard 'controversy'

By J.E. Skeets

We've already heard from Mark Cuban about The Star Spangled Josh Howard video, and now we have the pleasure to hear from one of the NBA's most endearing players, Ron Artest. The Sac Bee emailed Ron about the controversy; here's his Tru response: "I think Josh Howard's comment is a reflection on education. I think the schools need to teach deeper in the history classes and make the students aware of racism but also teach them that all people are not bad. I can relate to not feeling wanted by my own country at times but as I dug deeper I realized that America is divided and we need leaders to bring America closer together. An example where I felt unwanted by my country was when I didn't get a chance to tryout for my national team. I believed it was because my history. I hope he overcomes this. Family 1st."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Ron-Artest-weighs-in-on-the-Josh-Howard-controv;_ylt=Au7eNuuE3cGMitvmbN3tDdu8vLYF?urn=nba, 108744

Deeper history classes? I guess you could say that, but it's more so just Josh Howard being dumb.

cmellofan15
09-18-2008, 10:21 PM
:clap:

#1Mavericksfan
09-18-2008, 10:31 PM
WOW! Another Josh Howard bashing thread....keep up the good work.:clap:

DreamShaker
09-18-2008, 10:31 PM
That guy is on my favorite team....yoo-hoo!

richardle9
09-18-2008, 10:33 PM
ron.......stick to basketball

cmellofan15
09-18-2008, 10:35 PM

Hey! He tried to do something positive can you give him credit for that at least? :eyebrow:

Beno7500
09-18-2008, 10:40 PM
WOW! Another Josh Howard bashing thread....keep up the good work.:clap:

Wow another post of yours that is the same as the one before that, and before that.

amare#1
09-18-2008, 10:45 PM
Hey! He tried to do something positive can you give him credit for that at least? :eyebrow:

Agreed. Good on him for defending Howard.

FOBolous
09-18-2008, 10:49 PM
what's wrong with what Artest said?

LakeShowRaider
09-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Hey! He tried to do something positive can you give him credit for that at least?

How do we feel about the WNBA people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyomack
lol ... the only clock they should be looking at is the one on the stove
:eyebrow:

In his own funny way I guess he is...and btw

Man your sig is hella sexist, I hope you only put that mess there because its funny and not cuz you actually believe that ****.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-18-2008, 11:11 PM
this was so what positive.

AirJordanXVIII
09-19-2008, 06:26 PM
what's wrong with what Artest said?

NOthing. It was just kinda awkward.

Lakerfan32
09-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Suprising. I am not a big Artest fan at all but that shows that he is pretty aware and intelligent. Good post.

JIDsanity
09-19-2008, 07:05 PM
I love Ron Artest, what a comment. This made my day.

mrblisterdundee
09-19-2008, 07:08 PM
Ron Artest makes no sense, except for his general agreeance the Americans shouldn't be blindingly fed nationalism without a true history. He and Josh Howard are totally justified in their reluctance to take part in an anthem of a country that enslaved their relatives.

When he goes into his own problems, though, that's when it's the return to idiotic Artest. While consistently making a mockery of himself, why is he suprised and upset that the men's national team doesn't want him? The dirtiest player on their team is Carmello Anthony, who tried to be a badass one time and failed miserably. Take the microphone out of Artest's hands, and replace it with a basketball.

Knowledge
09-19-2008, 07:29 PM
i like what Ron said personally and i really agree with the whole education thing. There are some people who think once slavery ended racism ended and thats not true. This Country has a history after slavery involving everything from the Civil rights movement to the LA riots and the Jena 6. We need to learn more about each other: black, white, or any other race so we become closer.

BoltLakerPadre
09-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Ron Ron, you weren't asked to try out for the Olympic team beacuse of your skill set as well as your character. They didn't need another defensive stopper, and they really didn't need a head case.

cmellofan15
09-19-2008, 08:02 PM

In his own funny way I guess he is...and btw

Man your sig is hella sexist, I hope you only put that mess there because its funny and not cuz you actually believe that ****.

I'm sorry that you don't approve but since your SO important I think I might just take that off and lose my since of your humor :rolleyes:

S.J.Basketball
09-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Ron babbles on and hardly makes a point. Why does anyone even listen to this?

Felt unwanted cuz he couldn't try out for the US Team? Gimmie a break. Yea let's put him on the team so we won't bruise his ego. They didn't want Ron on the team because he's not good enough and think about it...Ron Artest REPRESENTING the UNITED STATES?!?! Yea right. Get outta here with that.

Like someone said earlier....stick to basketball Ron.

S.J.Basketball
09-19-2008, 08:25 PM
i like what Ron said personally and i really agree with the whole education thing. There are some people who think once slavery ended racism ended and thats not true. This Country has a history after slavery involving everything from the Civil rights movement to the LA riots and the Jena 6. We need to learn more about each other: black, white, or any other race so we become closer.

Do you really think RON knows anything of these or that was what he REALLY was talking about? Cmon......

dre1990
09-19-2008, 08:47 PM
WOW, Ron Artest said something smart!

_Sn1P3r_
09-19-2008, 09:04 PM
Haha I know ^

But I agree with what he said.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Preech!! My man RON ARTEST!!! :clap:

Lakersfan2483
09-19-2008, 09:17 PM
Ron Artest is not a bad guy like people portray him to be, he does a lot for the community. I like the comments he made regarding this issue.

Fireworld
09-19-2008, 10:20 PM

x2

Fireworld
09-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Preech!! My man RON ARTEST!!! :clap:

nice sig!:clap:

AirJordanXVIII
09-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Artest isnt really messed up. He just needs to control his temper. He's hasn't been caught with drugs and all (I think) and IMO drugs are worse than anger issues.

Knowledge
09-19-2008, 10:44 PM
Do you really think RON knows anything of these or that was what he REALLY was talking about? Cmon......

I cant tell you what he does or doesnt know, but I can tell you he made a intelligent statement. Not the Olympic part though.

Kiss Ma Grits
09-19-2008, 11:38 PM
I agree with EVERYTHING Ron has said but hey most people don't feel intune with this country. Heck it's kinda scary when people say it's better here then in their own country:confused:

yaowowrocket11
09-19-2008, 11:42 PM
Good comment by Artest.

Although, I feel a little more strongly about Howard then he seems to. It is so unpatriotic to not reflect this country, and he shouldn't even be allowed in this league if he can't even respect the USA and be a little grateful.

rainmanegbert2
09-20-2008, 12:42 AM
hahahahaha! that made no sense! there were like different subjects he went off on. that was weird. there wasnt really a real point. he went off on a new idea every sentence. you cant really teach racism. its more like classes need to be taught to make people more patriotic and love their country. artest was trying to do something right and it just made him look dumb. family 1st. where did that come from lol.. the whole thing just sounded wrong

SHONIE
09-20-2008, 11:20 AM
ron artest is an idiot, just like all NBA players.

Chaudhry
09-20-2008, 12:28 PM
hahahahaha! that made no sense! there were like different subjects he went off on. that was weird. there wasnt really a real point. he went off on a new idea every sentence. you cant really teach racism. its more like classes need to be taught to make people more patriotic and love their country. artest was trying to do something right and it just made him look dumb. family 1st. where did that come from lol.. the whole thing just sounded wrong

what? there were 2 subjects... education and and the feeling of isolation from your country... yea the family thing was random...

and about the olympic thing i don't think he's saying he should have been on the team he's just saying he should have had a shot at trying out... i think he's good enough in terms of talent... and he also said he realized the reason was because of his past...

as far as education goes when 6 out of 10 americans can't find america on the map there obviously something wrong... you can teach someone not to be racist... not by one class but by an entire lifestyle... so you gotta teach the parents first... but since that is unlikly you gotta really drill it into the kids that its not ok to discriminate whether it be because of race or any other factor...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/05/02/geog.test/
the 6 out of 10 thingy and others... like 33% can't find Louisiana

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-20-2008, 10:19 PM
nice sig!:clap:

thank you. It's true ain't it?? They don't make rappers like they used to :sigh: