PDA

View Full Version : Vince Carter

VCaintdead17
09-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Shaq and Nash are getting up there in age, but they have a couple more seasons to go for a championship before its time to rebuild. So I guess my question is for you sun fans, would be interested in vince carter. I know many people have mixed Feelings about him but he could really add some star power and be a legit second scoring option behind STAT.

I was thinking a trade along the lines of this

Leandro Barbosa+Boris Diaw+2 round pick
FOR
Vince Carter

You would lose a little depth but still have a good sixth man in raja bell.

Nash
Carter
Hill
STAT
Shaq

Would you pursue Vince Carter

king4day
09-18-2008, 07:46 PM
I still want to see what happends this year.
Vince's contract is the big problem. It goes past 2010 where Shaq and Nash expire.
I don't know how he and STAT would get along either.

If Lopez (ours) can have a solid season, I think I'd do it. I'd like to think if paired with Nash, Amare, and Shaq, he'd be motivated and would also not have to be the guy who takes the last shot.

amare#1
09-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Depending on how Barbosa and Diaw's seasons play out and whether or not we win this year, I would maybe take the trade.

theimortalone
09-18-2008, 09:29 PM
No thanks, I honestly dont think that Amare and VC would have good chemistry.

PhxGiant
09-18-2008, 10:38 PM
Hmmm its not something i could say "no" to right away, but i wouldn't want to risk chemistry. If he was willing to be a 3rd option and do what it took to win the championship then i'd consider it. Combine Raja's D and Vince's O and that would be a dangerous 2 guard combo.

If we had to trade for a shooting guard i'd personally like to acquire Richard Hamilton.

Rome
09-19-2008, 01:37 AM
I would love to see Rip in a Suns jersey. Use to be my favorite player in the league. Depending on what we traded for I wouldn't mind going after VC.

lavis
09-19-2008, 01:50 AM
Bards and Diaw are too much for Vince. We'd had to get atleast a half decent PF/SF in return too.

JPHX
09-19-2008, 02:24 AM
throw in brook lopez then we'll talk. lol

theimortalone
09-19-2008, 02:45 AM
throw in brook lopez then we'll talk. lol

lol the Lopez twins once again together!!!

Tom81
09-19-2008, 12:29 PM
Bards and Diaw are too much for Vince. We'd had to get atleast a half decent PF/SF in return too.

agreed

chadillachembre
09-19-2008, 02:45 PM
id do that deal but i dont think new jersey will

Nets fan 93
09-19-2008, 09:28 PM
No thanks, I honestly dont think that Amare and VC would have good chemistry.
Vince and Sean have great chemistry. I am not comparing swat to amare but they are both great dunkers. VC has a great alley oop pass....

BTW if you were to trade...who would you trade? Diaw, Lopez and ?