PDA

View Full Version : Top Six Players in Need of a Trade

phlp_bj
09-18-2008, 05:19 PM
6. Mike Conley, Memphis Grizzlies. Conley is a talented point guard. The problem for the Grizzlies is that they also have Kyle Lowry and O.J. Mayo. Instead of wasting a skilled player's season on the bench, the Grizzlies will trade either Conley or Lowry - they still need plenty of pieces on their roster, and should be able to fill at least one hole in return for the talent he offers.

5. Kyle Korver, Utah Jazz. Sadly, the Korver effect might be in its final days in Utah. This is making the best out of the situation. Utah's owner will not pay the luxury tax next season, and if the Jazz want to keep Carlos Boozer running the pick and roll with Deron Williams while not parting with Mehmet Okur, it looks like it will have to be Korver that goes. The Jazz simply need to get something in return for him.

4. Ben Gordon, Chicago Bulls. Gordon could fit in on plenty of clubs: he is a legitimate starting shooting guard that can score about 20 points a game, or he could return to the role of sixth man for an organization looking to add depth. But he no longer belongs on the Bulls, who will already have to find playing time for Thabo Sefolosha behind starter Larry Hughes. Moving him to point guard wouldn't help either, with Kirk Hinrich and Derrick Rose ahead of him on the depth chart there.

3. Jamaal Tinsley, Indiana Pacers. Larry Bird is convinced the Pacers can still get a quality piece in return for Tinsley. In any case, Tinsley will not have a role on the Pacers this year. T.J. Ford, Jarrett Jack and possibly even Travis Diener are ahead of him in line for playing time. They might take their time, but the Pacers will eventually trade Jamaal.

2. Stephon Marbury, New York Knicks. Now that the Knicks have Chris Duhon to run the show, there is (if it's even possible) even less of a need for them to hold on to Starbury. Reports are that he is in great shape - New York would do well to pick up anything in return for him at this point. If they can't find a trade partner, they could always just release him.

1. Zach Randolph, New York Knicks. Zach Randolph is not as bad a player as he has seemed lately on the Knicks. And he certainly is not as bad as he will seem playing in Mike D'Antoni's offensive system. How exactly is Randolph (listed at 260 pounds) going to help this offense run the floor? Even in half-court sets, he will slow the fluidity of the team down. It's time for a new home for Randolph, one where he can be a focal point of a slower, more deliberate offensive system.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10014

Famous03
09-18-2008, 05:22 PM
The Grizz should trade one of there point guards.

CrowninMe
09-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Conley is going to do well in Memphis, he's not going anywhere. The rest of those guys are moving though. For sure.

Beno7500
09-18-2008, 05:37 PM
ya randolph needs to go

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-18-2008, 06:32 PM
if Conley can't get playing then they should just trade him

Utahjazzfan18
09-18-2008, 06:50 PM
AK47 needs to go, not Korver. Hoopsworld doesn't know what they're talking about.

BillyHoyle35
09-18-2008, 06:56 PM
AK47 needs to go, not Korver. Hoopsworld doesn't know what they're talking about.

Exactly!
Korver helped make this team a lot better, he spaces the court and is their best outside shooting threat which helps create spacing for Boozer and Williams.
Korver is the type of player who will help with that and is more valuable than what you will receive for him.

MiamiHeat
09-18-2008, 06:57 PM
The Heat will be glad to get Conley :)

Hawkeye15
09-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Get rid of Lowry before Conley.

Lakerfan32
09-18-2008, 07:01 PM
The Grizz are stockpiling PG talent. I love Farmar but wouldn't be upset to get Critt back.

bogdanrom
09-18-2008, 07:30 PM
Conley to the Wizards.:D

yaowowrocket11
09-18-2008, 07:34 PM
Conley could get some good trade value in return. If they feel the need to trade him, there will be plenty of teams at their doorstep, ready to offer a good package.

Highlight
09-18-2008, 07:45 PM
Like others have said, AK should be the one to go. AK doesn't have much of a roll on the Jazz besides playing defense. He also has been complaining for more shots in recent years. Korver on the other hand has done nothing but improve the Jazz.

HeatFan
09-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Exactly!
Korver helped make this team a lot better, he spaces the court and is their best outside shooting threat which helps create spacing for Boozer and Williams.
Korver is the type of player who will help with that and is more valuable than what you will receive for him.

I also agree. Going back to the Malone Stockton days, outside shooters were a must in Jerry Sloans system. Although AK 47 brings good defense, Korver will definitely spread the court and make off defenders think twice before helping out on those pick & rolls.

IversonIsKrazy
09-18-2008, 07:54 PM
keep lowry+conley. instead i would replace is AI.

THe Melo + AI is not working, and AI is turning 33. He deserves the ring the most out of all the ppl who r yet to acheive a ring.

#1Mavericksfan
09-18-2008, 08:00 PM
I would take Mike Conley to be a back up PG to Jason Kidd and then he can take over when Jason decides to hange it up.

rapswin98
09-18-2008, 08:01 PM
gordan would be i nice fit for the raps

astrosmaniac
09-18-2008, 08:06 PM
conley to the rockets for :D

Famous03
09-18-2008, 08:09 PM
They should trade Lowry instead of Conley.

23LBJCleBrowns
09-18-2008, 08:21 PM
zach randolph need to be traded

Beno7500
09-18-2008, 08:53 PM
also lowry should go instead of conley

redskins30
09-18-2008, 09:09 PM
Melo & Martin To The Lakers For Odom ,farmar,walton Or For Ai & Martin

skyhibballpj87
09-18-2008, 09:25 PM

i disagree man u tk away ak47 on your team u become a slower suns team. dont get me wrong i like boozer and deron and stuff but ak47 completes that team. boozer doesnt play good d and neither does okur and u think korvers gonna be the defensive stopper lol. ak47 may not score like he use to, but he shutdown alot of star players hes a great weakside blocker and he does alittle of everything. plus without that flopping act he did in the playoffs u guys might have lost the first round last season. i saw some guy say he has no role on the team except defense, well duh they need that no one else plays d on that team. and korver yea he spreads the floor hes a good shooter but good shooters are a dime a dozen u have to go far and wide to find a good defensive men. id keep ak47 but thats just me

prash
09-18-2008, 09:33 PM
A.I. should take a massive pay cut and go to Houston.

MTar786
09-19-2008, 11:46 PM
tmac should take a massive paycut and go to LA

hdxstunts1
09-20-2008, 12:15 AM
I'll trade Ben Gordon of the Bulls for Mike Conley!!!!

Get rid of our problem and we get a good back up PG like we need!!!

-Hell through in Gasol and you can have Gooden for all i care!

29$JerZ
09-20-2008, 12:18 AM
Miami gets
Mike Conley
Darko Milicic
Greg Buckner

Memphis Gets
Shawn Marion

It could happen :shrug:

DQL
09-20-2008, 01:33 AM
The Heat will be glad to get Conley :)

:nod: I'd give them Haslem for Conley

HouRealCoach
09-20-2008, 01:45 AM
Why the hell isnt Hinrich, VC, and Szczerbiak isnt on that list

hdxstunts1
09-20-2008, 10:54 AM
Why the hell isnt Hinrich, VC, and Szczerbiak isnt on that list

Hinrich doesnt need a trade, he will be the SG for the Bulls and back-up PG. Hughes and Gordon are the ones that neeed to be traded.

VC does need a trade or just to retire, he hasnt produced enough to win in a long time.

Szczerbiak doesnt need a trade he fits good with Cleveland but he might want one just to get more playing time instead of only like 10 minutes.

ShaunRiching9
09-20-2008, 11:05 AM
utah could get a better player if they trade ak47 instead of korver

$ NyC $
09-20-2008, 11:06 AM
how about every team on this list trades with the other! Knicks trade Randolph for Conley lol. We can just keep Marbs 4 the season and just let him expire.

Fool
09-20-2008, 01:12 PM
So glad BG7 is on that list.

Kohaku
09-20-2008, 10:07 PM
I think you forgot Allen Iverson.

BADizzleBoY
09-20-2008, 10:40 PM
conley??

and i lub korver :cry:

come back to philly bud