PDA

View Full Version : Which team would be better?

NYKnickFanatic
09-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Ok, lets say the Utah Jazz did not select Deron Williams, and they took Chris Paul instead. And the Hornets took Deron Williams.

In your opinion which team would be better?

And why?

oshea225
09-18-2008, 04:16 PM
jazz would be better. chris paul + carlos boozer is a scary thought. paul is better at making his teammates better (david west for example).

blazerman
09-18-2008, 04:58 PM
"WHAT IF", both teams would still be very good.I can think back to when I was in 7th grade and Bucky Buckwalter(he was the president of the Blazers at the time) came to my school for career day,one question he asked was, who would you take with the 2nd pick in the draft(1984 draft) if we lost the flip," Hakeem O. was a lock as the top pick",

I stood up and told him, that I think the Blazers should take M. Jordan and move Clyde Drexler to small forward. He then went on a rant about how Sam Bowie had a 7'7"in wing span and he was 7ft 1in tall and his defense would change the the other teams game plan.

When we lost the coin flip, I new B. Buckwalter had already made his choice. The results of his choice goes something like this, Chicago 6 titles and Portland 0 titles since. On the flipside Portland had the 3rd pick a few yrs ago and could have taken Paul or Williams and instead traded down with Utah and ended up with Webster with the 6th pick.

What if we had taken Paul or Williams, Im sure we would have still ended up with Roy and Aldridge the next yr but I doubt we would have gotten Oden last yr.I was irked over the botched 84' draft, but Im happy with the way the 2005 draft has altered the Blazers fate.I like to look back at the 2005 draft and wonder, could we have gotten Paul and still ended up with Oden,Roy and Aldridge, I doubt it, but the alternative would have been nice Paul,Roy and Aldridge would have been nice to.

SensandRaps
09-18-2008, 05:12 PM
^^ lol imagine if he had listened to you and took jordan

JMan17
09-18-2008, 05:29 PM
^^ lol imagine if he had listened to you and took jordan

well right now he's probably in a mental hospital thinking about that moment when he chose Sam bowie of Jordon :laugh:

Beno7500
09-18-2008, 05:37 PM
jazz. cp3 makes all the difference

BillyHoyle35
09-18-2008, 07:01 PM
i dont think either team would be as good.
Both Paul and Williams are perfect for their teams current system.
Paul is a more open court player where as Williams is the more effective in a half court game, which is perfect for him with Boozer.

Hawkeye15
09-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Utah. Paul is superior to Williams. Especially defensively. But one of his strengths is the open court, and Utah doesn't run a lot, but I still pick Paul any day of the week

RoyalG333
09-18-2008, 07:17 PM
Jazz...with their current line up, they have a spot up shooter in Korver, a inside presence in Boozer, spot up big man in Okur, and a good middle man in Kirilinko. CP3 would have a field day finding those guys open. D.Will is a really good pg, but cp3 has more value at the moment. CP3 made Chandler, and West. Jazz have more established player in Boozer, Okur, Kirilinko.