PDA

View Full Version : What 3 star players could you put together that has had minimal success would mimic..

JordansBulls
09-18-2008, 12:50 PM
What 3 players could you put together that has had minimal success would mimic the Celtics big 3 trio?

It seems now the Rockets trio of Yao, Mcgrady and Artest have been created to mimic that Celtics trio.

The Celtics had 3 guys who were put together who had minimal success througout their careers.
KG, Pierce and Allen had all only made the conference finals once in a 10 year span.

With that in mind, what 3 guys could you put together that are stars that have been in the league at least 6 years have had minimal success (conference finals only once or less) that you could put together to mimic that Celtics trio?

Here are a few guys I thought of (multiple times an allstar and/or led teams to the playofffs)

T-mac, Elton Brand, Vince Carter, Michael Redd, Carlos Boozer, Pau Gasol, Gilbert Arenas, Baron Davis, Amare Stoudemire, Yao Ming, Joe Johnson, Ron Artest, Allen Iverson (made finals once, but hasn't gotten to conference finals round since)

Put any of those 3 guys together on a team like the Knicks or Sonics or even Bulls from last year and replace 3 starters on the Knicks or Sonics or even Bulls. How do you think they would do?

NOTE: I used two teams that were some of the worst teams in the league the year before and am replacing their 3 best players in the starting lineup with 3 of the above guys to see if they are good enough to win it all. Also I added the Bulls because they had no stars on their team. But make sure you have the positions filled properly as well.

RoyalG333
09-18-2008, 01:02 PM
Baron Davis, Ron Artest, Carlos Boozer. Put those three guys in Knick uniforms and things would be very different.

Davis/Robinson
Crawford/Collins
Artest/Chandler
Boozer/Gallinari
Curry/Lee

Replace Randolph, Marbury, Q-Rich

Sixerlover
09-18-2008, 01:18 PM
This is kind of a good idea. I'll use the Sonics roster and give them Yao, JJ and Davis along with Durant..

Baron Davis
Joe Johnson
Kevin Durant
Chris Wilcox
Yao Ming

Lakersfan2483
09-18-2008, 03:50 PM
Good thread. I will go with Allen Iverson, Melo and Amare.

friarfan07
09-18-2008, 03:55 PM
nice topic.

i'll go with mcgrady, dwight howard, and steve nash. they all should fit your description (disappointing or non-existent playoff history, multiple all-star game appearances), and would be an exciting and talented team to watch.

IndyRealist
09-18-2008, 04:03 PM
nice topic.

i'll go with mcgrady, dwight howard, and steve nash. they all should fit your description (disappointing or non-existent playoff history, multiple all-star game appearances), and would be an exciting and talented team to watch.

Dwight Howard hasn't been in the league at least 6 years, which was a requirement of the post I think.

I'd go with Steve Nash, Amare Stoudamire, and Shawn Marion. Oh, wait...:smoking:

_Sn1P3r_
09-18-2008, 04:10 PM
I'll go with Nash / T-Mac and Amare.

FortyDubs
09-18-2008, 04:11 PM
nice topic.

Dwight hasn't been in the league at least 6 years.

Anyways, here's mine:

Biedrins
Amare
Artest
Ellis
Iverson

This team would be fun as hell to watch.

LAKESHOW..
09-18-2008, 04:11 PM
dwight, amare, and tracy

friarfan07
09-18-2008, 04:16 PM
ah, didn't see the 6 year part. i guess i'll change it to nash, t-mac and boozer, though without dwight in there it doesn't look quite so impressive. :)

Philapsychosis
09-18-2008, 04:21 PM
I think if AI would have had a guy like brand (Not bum-*** past his prime Webber) on the Sixers, something may have happened. If I have to add a 3rd, gimme a guy like Kidd (AI on the sixers era Kidd) on that team and thats a finals team for sure

EDIT:
Should learn to read threads, my bad

goku
09-18-2008, 04:48 PM
yao t-mac artest or yao t-mac and redd

THE NATION
09-18-2008, 05:09 PM
Can I use Dirk? If I can can I use him as a SF?

JIDsanity
09-18-2008, 05:23 PM
VC, Artest, Brand, on Chi.
Kirk/Rose
VC/Tabo
Artest/Deng
Brand/TT
Noah/Gooden

Beno7500
09-18-2008, 05:39 PM
yao mac artest

BRADfromOZ
09-18-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm going to take the Sonics from last year and add Baron Davis, Amare Stoudemire and Pau Gasol to give me;

PG Baron Davis
SG Kevin Durant
SF Jeff Green
PF Amare Stoudemire
C Pau Gasol
B Earl Watson
B Nick Collison
B Chris Wilcox
B Johan Petro
B Luke Ridnour
B Damien Wilkins
B Mickael Gelabale

IMO that would be a very competitive team and should easily make it to the conference finals.

IversonIsKrazy
09-18-2008, 07:48 PM
AI, T-Mac, and Amare

AI: 27ppg, 7apg, 2spg
T-Mac: 22ppg, 6rpg, 4apg
Amare: 25ppg, 10rpg, 2bpg

CANT BEAT THAT!!

IversonIsKrazy
09-18-2008, 07:51 PM
i'll put them in a bad team like the grizzlies. but i guess i got to take out mayo & gay to make it fair.

PG: Conley/Lowry
SG: AI/?
SF: T-Mac/?
PF: Amare/Z-BO?
C: Marc Gasol/Walker

ramansingh3
09-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Nash-T-Mac-Dwight

EasyMac951
09-23-2008, 02:08 PM
I would Take Elton Brand, Stoudemire, Joe Johnson and put them on the Bulls to create this team.

D-Rose
Johnson
Deng
Stoudemire
Brand

That team would win alot of games. LOL

pete_one
10-01-2008, 12:28 AM
cp3 Arenas Artest STAT DH12

sp1derm00
10-01-2008, 04:10 AM
Rockets... if there were no trade restrictions and had to make trades semi-fair...

Yao to Suns for Amare + Barbosa
Artest + Head for Brand

Barbosa (playing the Rondo role)
Tmac
Battier (playing the Posey role)
Brand
Amare

Tmac > Ray Ray
Brand = Pierce
Amare < KG (only by a little... and only defensively)

The Rockets would definitely have a stronger bench than the Celtics did.
Battier > Posey in my opinion... only thing is, Posey strangely has a lot more success.
Barbosa > Rondo ... but not really. Rondo might be the better defender and passer, but Barbosa is quicker and more talented offensively. Barbosa just impresses me more than Rondo... slightly.

sp1derm00
10-01-2008, 04:28 AM
Another interesting team:

Suns...

Shaq for Dirk...

big 3:

Nash
Raja Bell
Grant Hill
Dirk
Amare

Bench would suck... but the starting 5... holy hell.