PDA

View Full Version : Will Chicago land a star within the next 3-4 years?

rico
09-18-2008, 05:33 AM
Do you think Chicago will land a star within the next 3-4 years?
Im not talking about developing one in Deng, Rose etc... , but land a proven one.

They havnt had a star since Jordan left 10 years ago and is one of the few teams to make the playoffs without a star 4 times out of the past 5 years.

Also if you think they WILL get a star - who do you think it will be and when?

Tom81
09-18-2008, 05:54 AM
wird question

NYKnickFanatic
09-18-2008, 07:47 AM
Eh, I doubt it.

Who wants to play for the Bulls? :p

Hey, you never know, maybe Rose could be your star. :shrug:

I still think they should have taken Beastly.

$ NyC $
09-18-2008, 08:24 AM
i don't think they will land a star because i don't believe they need one. They have great young talent and if their players come along the way they should they might even have 2 many stars loll

phlp_bj
09-18-2008, 08:34 AM
I think they have a good chance of landing a star at the trade deadline when teams decide if they are rebuilding or not(Carter). Or I could see them landing someone in the summer of "LeBron". Maybe a guy like Amare Stoudemire or Dwayne Wade

jgonboricua
09-18-2008, 09:52 AM
amare or wade

Beno7500
09-18-2008, 10:13 AM
i dont think so

cubulls
09-18-2008, 10:32 AM
Dwayne Wade

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Dwayne wade

JordansBulls
09-18-2008, 11:06 AM
Do you think Chicago will land a star within the next 3-4 years?
Im not talking about developing one in Deng, Rose etc... , but land a proven one.

They havnt had a star since Jordan left 10 years ago and is one of the few teams to make the playoffs without a star 4 times out of the past 5 years.

Also if you think they WILL get a star - who do you think it will be and when?

We had a star in Elton Brand.

Derrick Rose could be a star. Also we could possibly get Wade in 2010.

2009odom2009
09-18-2008, 11:10 AM
People question the bulls....I think there gona make the playoffs.....as it stands........they have derrick rose....kirk hinrich......(they claim gordon will prolly stay a bull) deng larry hughes(he's been hurt but he should be in full form) drew gooden....tyrus thomas and joakim noah.....they have solid players.....and gordon and deng and hinrich are all stars if you put any one of them on charlotte or like oklahoma they would give u all 20ppg....the bulls have good guys....the nets have vince carter and look at them haha even wen jeff and kidd were der dey were horrible!

astrosmaniac
09-18-2008, 11:23 AM
why would wade come to chicago? he likes being the primary ball handler,but with deng and rose, that wont happen

Bulls4Lyfe
09-18-2008, 11:27 AM
A Bulls fan makes this thread and then almost all Bulls fans answer "Dwyane Wade". What else did you think would happen?

JordansBulls
09-18-2008, 11:29 AM
why would wade come to chicago? he likes being the primary ball handler,but with deng and rose, that wont happen

He plays the SG position.

astrosmaniac
09-18-2008, 11:32 AM
i know, but hes a SG who likes to handle the ball alot. i doubt that would happen with rose there

zambo4president
09-18-2008, 11:54 AM
chris bosh would be nice

Highlight
09-18-2008, 12:01 PM
It's hard to say...

I think Wade will honestly stick it out with Miami as long as they are competitive. Miami will give him the money, so I wouldn't doubt if he stayed. Also, Miami is willing to make big moves to make themselves a legit contender. (IE) Picking up Shaq, which was still a risk at the time. While Chicago hasn't done much of anything other than maybe picking up Kobe, which probably had no chance of happening anyways.

All in all, Chicago is still a great city and it's possible they can pick out a nice star/superstar, but great players are hard to come by...

Noles3490
09-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Doubt It

Fool
09-18-2008, 12:12 PM
oh god I hope so. :P

Seventh King
09-18-2008, 01:44 PM
i don't think they will land a star because i don't believe they need one. They have great young talent and if their players come along the way they should they might even have 2 many stars loll

Bingo! With a small twist: until THEY change their mindset, they won't even try to land one.

Famous03
09-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Your star player was suppose to be Beasley, Bulls ****ed up again on draft night by not selecting Beasley.

IndyRealist
09-18-2008, 02:06 PM
I think they have a good chance of landing a star at the trade deadline when teams decide if they are rebuilding or not(Carter). Or I could see them landing someone in the summer of "LeBron". Maybe a guy like Amare Stoudemire or Dwayne Wade

I was going to write that I didn't think the Bulls had any cap space in 2010, then I looked at their salary. Wow. They may be the most Lebron/Wade friendly roster in 2010. Larry Hughes will be gone, Ben Gordon may or may not be, and Derrick Rose will still be on his rookie contract. Assuming they do something reasonable with Drew Gooden this year (7.1M expiring, even if they trade him for a draft pick it'd be fine by me), they'll probably be the best team in the running for Lebron/Wade. Who knew?

cubulls
09-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Your star player was suppose to be Beasley, Bulls ****ed up again on draft night by not selecting Beasley.

Beasley will probably get suspended for doing drugs or get in trouble with the law so the Bulls made the right choice. The kid has stupid written all over his face.

Famous03
09-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Beasley will probably get suspended for doing drugs or get in trouble with the law so the Bulls made the right choice. The kid has stupid written all over his face.

But of course you have to go with the homer pick but, im just saying time will tell, And hopefully Im wrong. You better start praying. Because Beasley is going to be a Monster, just watch.

EricU812
09-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Jordan was a once in a lifetime player. If your asking when you will get a once in a lifetime player again, I'd say...not in this lifetime.

JordansBulls
09-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Jordan was a once in a lifetime player. If your asking when you will get a once in a lifetime player again, I'd say...not in this lifetime.

Of course, but we are talking about any star player on the Bulls. It could be someone like Carlos Boozer or Vince Carter or Lebron or Wade.

cubulls
09-18-2008, 02:26 PM
But of course you have to go with the homer pick but, im just saying time will tell, And hopefully Im wrong. You better start praying. Because Beasley is going to be a Monster, just watch.

I'm not denying his skills on the court. I won't be surprised if he becomes a 20/10 guy. Had he been a little more mature then theres no doubt the Bulls pick him instead.

sixer04fan
09-18-2008, 02:46 PM
dude you have kirk hinrich already

cubulls
09-18-2008, 03:06 PM
dude you have kirk hinrich already

If it were up to me, I would have kept Hinrich at PG and drafted O.J. Mayo.

23LBJCleBrowns
09-18-2008, 03:34 PM
luol deng is a star

MiamiHeat
09-18-2008, 03:40 PM
def. not Wade he will stay in MIA

wow just wow :pity:
like Rose is such an angel

DamnGoat
09-18-2008, 03:42 PM
All depends on how their roster is set up by 2010.

A lot of great players will be available then, Rose and Deng should be a nice duo by that time and a Superstar added to the mix could immediately make them a threat in the East.

uchiha
09-18-2008, 03:45 PM
should we make a thread like this about every team?

DJ CHACH
09-18-2008, 03:47 PM
dont worry its not like you just got the first pick of the best freshman class in a long time

cubulls
09-18-2008, 04:02 PM
luol deng is a star

He is not a star...yet. The Bulls hope he will be eventually.

Kyben36
09-18-2008, 04:33 PM
My opinion is that We finaly make a move right B4 the season starts. Trade Kirk for a draft pick to Denver.

We end up with

Rose/Hugehs
Gordon/Thabo
Deng/NOch
Tyrus(who could be our next star)/Gooden
Gooden/Noah

But this is all opinion. We would need 1 more expiring for either 2009 or 10 to get anyone descent. But we do have

Goodens 7 mil 2009
Hughes 12 2010

IF we just either save Goodens or Trade Trade for an expiring we may get someone good. However unlikely.

CB4AB7VC15
09-18-2008, 04:43 PM
kobe last year
melo during the offseason
beasley this year

Famous03
09-18-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm not denying his skills on the court. I won't be surprised if he becomes a 20/10 guy. Had he been a little more mature then theres no doubt the Bulls pick him instead.

Exactly, so lets just say he does mature, would you say the bulls made a bad pick.........

Famous03
09-18-2008, 05:11 PM
My opinion is that We finaly make a move right B4 the season starts. Trade Kirk for a draft pick to Denver.

We end up with

Rose/Hugehs
Gordon/Thabo
Deng/NOch
Tyrus(who could be our next star)/Gooden
Gooden/Noah

But this is all opinion. We would need 1 more expiring for either 2009 or 10 to get anyone descent. But we do have

Goodens 7 mil 2009
Hughes 12 2010

IF we just either save Goodens or Trade Trade for an expiring we may get someone good. However unlikely.

First of all, Tyrus is Bust written all over it, another thing Denver doesnt have the cap room to get Kirk in a trade for just a pick.

cubulls
09-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Exactly, so lets just say he does mature, would you say the bulls made a bad pick.........

Yes, they did. The Bulls already have a good PG in Hinrich so drafting Rose didn't really address their needs. It just caused a logjam at the guard position and we still don't have a low post threat.

ShaunRiching9
09-18-2008, 05:30 PM
this should be in the bulls forum but id say maybe d wade

BullsNumber1Fan
09-18-2008, 05:30 PM
First of all, Tyrus is Bust written all over it, another thing Denver doesnt have the cap room to get Kirk in a trade for just a pick.

First of all, Tyrus was a 2-3 year project and this is his 3rd year so watch out. Another thing is Denver has a trade exception to take back Kirk without giving any players back(a draft pick) because of the Marcus Camby trade. Third of all, research some things before you post.

MGB
09-18-2008, 05:40 PM

the thing people don't realize about TT is that he had 2 years (yes that's a 2) organized basketball experience prior to coming to the NBA, so ya, he's struggled a bit, but he was also jacked around by Skiles/Boylan with his playing time.

This offseason, he's added 15lbs, so he's 230lbs now, and he's worked a ton on his jumper, so I'd expect to see him be much improved. Some people think he has bust written all over him but that's because they probably don't know anything about him, and haven't really watched him. He's due to break out and surprise a lot of people...

cubulls
09-18-2008, 06:47 PM
def. not Wade he will stay in MIA

wow just wow :pity:
like Rose is such an angel

Beasley was just fined $50,000 for the rookie program incident :D

rico
09-18-2008, 06:51 PM
All depends on how their roster is set up by 2010.

A lot of great players will be available then, Rose and Deng should be a nice duo by that time and a Superstar added to the mix could immediately make them a threat in the East.

agreed. so you forsee a 2010 move rather than a 2009 one? and who do you see chosen in either if so?

SwaggaIke
09-18-2008, 07:57 PM
This thread makes no sense. Noah is already the superstar of the Bulls. I'd trade the entire team to have Noah play the league 1 on 5 every night. I bet we'd go 82-0.

rico
09-18-2008, 10:33 PM
.....anyway..

hdxstunts1
09-18-2008, 10:56 PM
This thread makes no sense. Noah is already the superstar of the Bulls. I'd trade the entire team to have Noah play the league 1 on 5 every night. I bet we'd go 82-0.

Hopefully your sarcastic but if not wow ur off. I can see Rose, Deng, TT all being future stars. But i could also see us landing either WAde or Bosh. (Other's wouldbe maybe Amare or Boozer but i doubt it.)

All we need to win the ship is a big man though we got the right door we just need one more key to open it up! (If we got a Bosh, Boozer, or Amare we'd be a dynasty again.)

ho_va2006
09-18-2008, 10:58 PM
Dwayne Wade is coming home = championship! Reinsdorf will pay for a winner.

wade + rose = NASTY!!!

DreamShaker
09-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Dwayne Wade is coming home = championship! Reinsdorf will pay for a winner.

wade + rose = NASTY!!!

Wade+Beasley=makes more sense:p

mikeybears
09-18-2008, 11:21 PM
Eh, I doubt it.

Who wants to play for the Bulls? :p

Hey, you never know, maybe Rose could be your star. :shrug:

I still think they should have taken Beastly.

what idiottt who the hell wants to play for the knicks you are a loser bro,new york has it the worst,rose is way better than beasley your just jelous cuz ur stuck with danilo hahahah,i remember michael jordan kicking the **** out of your pathetic knicks the bulls are on the road to redemption, and yeah you know your dorky coach wanted rose,wow you know **** bout b ball when was the last time new york made the playoffs,shrug or a championship cry cry cry little girl

SwaggaIke
09-19-2008, 03:16 AM
Wade+Beasley=makes more sense:p

Yea ,I think so too. And to anybody who took that Noah comment seriously, I feel sorry for you. I've been saying this forever, the Bulls need to go after Amare w/ every dollar they have when the time comes. They should have a max contract waiting for him when the time comes.

Rose
Thabo
Deng
Tyrus
Stoudemire

A disgusting lineup.

Tblaze
09-19-2008, 09:12 AM
Yea ,I think so too. And to anybody who took that Noah comment seriously, I feel sorry for you. I've been saying this forever, the Bulls need to go after Amare w/ every dollar they have when the time comes. They should have a max contract waiting for him when the time comes.

Rose
Thabo
Deng
Tyrus
Stoudemire

A disgusting lineup.

Amare is going to re-sign with the suns.

SwaggaIke
09-19-2008, 01:16 PM
Amare is going to re-sign with the suns.

Amare told you that huh? You're Steve Kerr huh? Chill out b.

kozelkid
09-19-2008, 04:38 PM

Rose
Thabo
Deng
Tyrus
Stoudemire

A disgusting lineup.

my only issue with amare is he isnt a true center, with that lineup you dont have that big man presence in the post like you would with a KG or a duncan. Hell I believe that noah can possibly become you rmarcus camby guy down there. With amare, you dont have that guy, cause let's face it, he's a weakside defender. That's why kerr looked to get shaq so he can move amare to pf where imo amare belongs. With that being said, defensively that lineup can have issues in the post since both tyrus and amare are weakside defenders.
but on paper that lineup looks nasty.

MiamiHeat
09-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Beasley was just fined $50,000 for the rookie program incident :D

and Rose never got fined? :p

cubulls
09-19-2008, 05:04 PM
and Rose never got fined? :p

Yea, $1,000....Wow :rolleyes: He wasn't fined by the NBA. Career wise, Beasley is off to a bad start.